Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2013, 02:22 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Typical Belichick at it again - classless jerk

Thank you Shannon Sharpe for calling out Belichick for his once again "poor me" sore loser mentality. Sorry Pats fans, but this is the kind of stuff that makes others really dislike the Patriots, including myself. As if Belichick leaving field during the SB last year wasn't bad enough, failing to live up to the agreement to meet with the CBS staff is sad and pathetic. Thank you Bill, for reminding me of my dislike towards the Pats and your puppet Brady - even though you are one hell of a mastermind coach.

Bill Belichick stiffs CBS after the game, Shannon Sharpe rips him for being poor loser | Shutdown Corner - Yahoo! Sports
Old 01-21-2013, 02:50 AM   #2 (permalink)

Well, honestly if I had the swagger and persona of a sex offender, I'd try to avoid the press by all means.

I mean, does ANYONE really like watching Bill in front of a camera?
ninjacookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:50 AM   #3 (permalink)

This is nothing. Remeber the time Belidick threw a cameraman to the ground? Lol

At least this time he did wait around on the field and actively seek out the opposing coach for a handshake before skittering back under his rock.

You can tell a lot about a man by the way he dresses and his overall grooming. Looking at Bill Belichick he set the bar pretty low for himself right off the bat, so I don't expect a lot of etiquette and class since he makes millions but can't comb his hair and dresses like a bum from Central Park.

Always looking to trade for Canes.
view my cards for trade @ www.TheCardAlbum.com
The Card Album is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:52 AM   #4 (permalink)

subscribed..........................I can actually feel the Patriot homers marching towards this thread.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:58 AM   #5 (permalink)

Shannon Sharpe rips Bill Belichick after AFC Title Game - YouTube

^ Thats the shannon sharpe vid

I'm not sure how many people saw / heard it... but when Belichick and Harbaugh met at midfield Harbaugh said "I plan to be calling you for advice, you are a great coach"... Belichick went "yeah whatever" then shook his hand and walked away.

Classy

Last edited by Imac7065; 01-21-2013 at 03:11 AM.
Imac7065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:31 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imac7065 View Post
Shannon Sharpe rips Bill Belichick after AFC Title Game - YouTube

^ Thats the shannon sharpe vid

I'm not sure how many people saw / heard it... but when Belichick and Harbaugh met at midfield Harbaugh said "I plan to be calling you for advice, you are a great coach"... Belichick went "yeah whatever" then shook his hand and walked away.

Classy
I didn't catch that. Seeing Brady try to Suh Pollard (I think it was Pollard), Belichick refusing to give a standard interview that every coach does, and then hearing of this makes me hate the Pats even more. It's one thing to hate a team because they are successful. But fans of the Patriots need to realize that is no longer why so many people hate them. Belichick never shows any class and Brady thinks it's a penalty anytime a defender gets within a yard of him. They are poor losers and never accept the fact that they were out-played and out-coached.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

I dont think Id have the balls or patience to sit in front of the cameras and lights and answer questions after my hopes were dashed and lost a big game either. Atleast not directly after the game. I need cool down time..lol

And no Im not a Pats homer
Trueduckfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:20 AM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to SethMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueduckfan View Post
I dont think Id have the balls or patience to sit in front of the cameras and lights and answer questions after my hopes were dashed and lost a big game either. Atleast not directly after the game. I need cool down time..lol

And no Im not a Pats homer
While we all feel that way, he is contractually obligated to do the interview, whether he likes it or not. He can go up there give four one word a answers and walk away and he has satisfied his requirements, or he can do this and remind everyone why America thinks he's the biggest dbag in the nfl

PCs - Cito Culver, Ryan Callahan, Ryan Nassib college uni, Prince Amukamara autos #/25 or less, Jason Pierre-Paul, Eli Manning autos, Richter/Messier/Leetch
SethMurphy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:43 AM   #9 (permalink)

Why is there still this delusion they're a classy organization? If it isn't belicheat ducking out on contractually obligated interviews every time he loses a post season game, or showing his true colors at the end of a game, it's Brady crying to every ref he can, meanwhile he's trying to kick opposing players. Classy....
Old 01-21-2013, 08:19 AM   #10 (permalink)

I found fido. Hey you guys I found fido. I found fido you guys.
AdamMcDermott88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:54 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Card Album View Post
This is nothing. Remeber the time Belidick threw a cameraman to the ground? Lol

At least this time he did wait around on the field and actively seek out the opposing coach for a handshake before skittering back under his rock.

You can tell a lot about a man by the way he dresses and his overall grooming. Looking at Bill Belichick he set the bar pretty low for himself right off the bat, so I don't expect a lot of etiquette and class since he makes millions but can't comb his hair and dresses like a bum from Central Park.
If Lombardi and Stram were around, they would most certainly perform a "Billy Batts" on Belichick for his dress and ethics.
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:13 AM   #12 (permalink)

I don't see why anyone is REQUIRED to talk to the media immediately following such a big loss. Some people take losing hard because they put so much into their season. I like Shannon Sharpe but he is talking like an employee when he rips Bill.

Leaving the SuperBowl before time ran out without shaking the other coach's hand was classless but not wanting to talk to someone shoving a mic in your face right after a huge loss is completely understandable.

Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser. Too many people in sports these days only care about the pay check. At least Bill gives a sh*t that his team lost and he's probably already second guessing some of his decisions during that game.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:14 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking118480 View Post
I didn't catch that. Seeing Brady try to Suh Pollard (I think it was Pollard), Belichick refusing to give a standard interview that every coach does, and then hearing of this makes me hate the Pats even more. It's one thing to hate a team because they are successful. But fans of the Patriots need to realize that is no longer why so many people hate them. Belichick never shows any class and Brady thinks it's a penalty anytime a defender gets within a yard of him. They are poor losers and never accept the fact that they were out-played and out-coached.
It was Reed not Pollard
Old 01-21-2013, 09:18 AM   #14 (permalink)

As a member of the media, I find it ridiculous that a player or coach wouldn't talk to the media after a loss. I have spoken with people dealing with far more difficult circumstances compared to losing a football game and they talk to me after an awful incident.

And by the way, they are not making millions to play a game. One of the reasons they get paid so much is of the media's exposure. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:43 AM   #15 (permalink)

Oh poor Shannon Sharpe. Go cry on TV about CBS not getting to interview BB.
Who freaking cares. Bill B never says anything anyways. I hate these stupid interviews and wish they would do away with them anyways.

Bill is who he is. He is not media friendley and never has been. I like it about him. He sucks up to no one.
pnft17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:53 AM   #16 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to groundsupport

Shannon Sharpe is a bigger tool then Bill B.

So his credibility doesn't even matter in this circumstance.
groundsupport is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:12 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyice2984 View Post
As a member of the media, I find it ridiculous that a player or coach wouldn't talk to the media after a loss. I have spoken with people dealing with far more difficult circumstances compared to losing a football game and they talk to me after an awful incident.

And by the way, they are not making millions to play a game. One of the reasons they get paid so much is of the media's exposure. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.
Spoken like a member of the media. Nothing personal but the huge media growth over the last thirty years has brought along with it a huge sense of entitlement as well. People don't always have to talk to you just because you shove a mic in their face. Coming up short in a huge game might not be that big a deal to you but to him it's everything at that time. Hell when I was 16 we lost a city championship in the Vet on a wild pitch. I didn't even throw the pitch but I played that over in my head for a couple weeks. That's not even remotely close to what he just lost. If you really love playing the game it's tough to lose ANY of them. Give the guy a break. Leaving the sidelines before the Super Bowl was over was classless and he deserved to get ripped. This is no big deal.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:12 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnft17 View Post
Oh poor Shannon Sharpe. Go cry on TV about CBS not getting to interview BB.
Who freaking cares. Bill B never says anything anyways. I hate these stupid interviews and wish they would do away with them anyways.

Bill is who he is. He is not media friendley and never has been. I like it about him. He sucks up to no one.
I don't care what BIll B thinks either. The fact that he makes millions of dollars to coach a football which carries with it the obligation of speaking to the media after a tough loss, bothers me a lot. People have gone through far more tragic things than losing a football game and make far less money than Bill B, but still talk to the media about what happens to them.

Yet he thinks he is above it all, because he's done what? Win some football games. What a joke. No one should act like this. One of the reasons why he makes millions is because of the media. If they didn't publicize football like they do, he wouldn't make squat.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:15 AM   #19 (permalink)

What about Suggs? After the game "Have fun at the Pro bowl, Shut your mouth in the second half, have fun at the Pro bowl, you embarrassing f*cks"
Old 01-21-2013, 10:36 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFan28 View Post
What about Suggs? After the game "Have fun at the Pro bowl, Shut your mouth in the second half, have fun at the Pro bowl, you embarrassing f*cks"
Regardless of what he said, at least there was something real that came out of player, instead of cliche, cliche, cliche. Players and coaches act like their guarding secrets like the CIA.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:43 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyice2984 View Post
I don't care what BIll B thinks either. The fact that he makes millions of dollars to coach a football which carries with it the obligation of speaking to the media after a tough loss, bothers me a lot. People have gone through far more tragic things than losing a football game and make far less money than Bill B, but still talk to the media about what happens to them.

Yet he thinks he is above it all, because he's done what? Win some football games. What a joke. No one should act like this. One of the reasons why he makes millions is because of the media. If they didn't publicize football like they do, he wouldn't make squat.
If he didn't coach good football for the media to broadcast and leach off of they wouldn't make squat either! Lol I can't stand bb but jeez man no one owes you an interview if someone else decided to talk to you after a tragedy that's their decision. There is a lot of entitlement on both sides.
ccrab1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:50 AM   #22 (permalink)

Every coach talks to the media after a loss, those are the rules set by the NFL. So what that it was a big loss? Mike Smith talked to the media after the Falcons lost and that game had the same stakes as this one. Belichick didn't do it because he has a arrogant attitude that he is above the rules, simple as that.

Pats fans are going to defend him (like they are here) saying that talking to the media is stupid. If they had won, do you think he would have ducked out? I don't care if he came out and just said Yes or No... you have an obligation, no matter how stupid you think it is.
freethrowtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:54 AM   #23 (permalink)

I love how people defend this juvenile response by the Pats. It is his job to get up there after a game and do what he is supposed to do. If any of you supporters of this, decided well I have had a bad day I am going home, you would be fired. It is not an entitlement issue as BamBam says, it is a requirement of all coaches after games. Grow up, take your loss like a man, and learn how to actually win a big game again without "video support."

Anyone that is comparing your experience to this is crazy. You are not an NFL coach, you do not get paid for doing what you are supposed to do. I know he will get fined and whatever, but the man needs to be raked over the coals for this petty incident.

Check me out on Sport Lots.
http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=mkeil250
fungi2510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:58 AM   #24 (permalink)
Banned

CBSGATE coming per the Commish....Fines and More to come upon the Investigation
saintsfan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:59 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrab1984 View Post
If he didn't coach good football for the media to broadcast and leach off of they wouldn't make squat either! Lol I can't stand bb but jeez man no one owes you an interview if someone else decided to talk to you after a tragedy that's their decision. There is a lot of entitlement on both sides.
Actually, from what I understand, BB did owe them an interview based on the media's contract with the NFL. And by the way, losing a football game is no tragedy. It's a game. The reason why these people are famous is because of the media. They wouldn't make squat if it was'n't for the media or FANS! The media (not most of the reporters) are making money regardless of whether or not the NFL existed.

BB not taking to the media is also disrespectful to the fans as well. They buy the jerseys, watch TV (which the NFL makes a ton of money off of), and buy tickets to the games among a litany of other things they do financially to support it. And what do they get for it when the season is over? An arrogant millionaire coach or player who doesn't want to answer a few questions from the media (which is actually for the fans because they are the ones who follow the media) , and the reason their arrogant is because they play a game which is even dumber,