Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2009, 05:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 09 Topps Chrome Blaster Dud, please help.

Just bought a blaster of 09 Topps Chrome Football from my local K-Mart. This has to be the last box in my area because I haven't seen any in weeks. Anyways, I busted all 8 packs and ended up with nothing but base (No rookies, zero inserts) and a at least 5 multiples and a checklist. Two packs had the exact same 4 cards in the same order. The box and packs do not appear to be tampered with or resealed. Has anyone else busted any 09 Topps Chrome and not pulled one rookie or insert? What is the best way to go about contacting Topps on this? I've been reading nothing but good box breaks on these and was excited to finally get a hold of one. I hope this is a collation error, might be with the repeat card order packs. Thanks for any help you can provide.
WizFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 05:29 PM   #2 (permalink)

Just like you said. Contact Topps. Look for the "Contact Us" link on the bottom of there page. Should be on the bottom.
http://s575.photobucket.com/albums/ss198/sportster2827/
sportster2827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 05:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizFan View Post
Just bought a blaster of 09 Topps Chrome Football from my local K-Mart. This has to be the last box in my area because I haven't seen any in weeks. Anyways, I busted all 8 packs and ended up with nothing but base (No rookies, zero inserts) and a at least 5 multiples and a checklist. Two packs had the exact same 4 cards in the same order. The box and packs do not appear to be tampered with or resealed. Has anyone else busted any 09 Topps Chrome and not pulled one rookie or insert? What is the best way to go about contacting Topps on this? I've been reading nothing but good box breaks on these and was excited to finally get a hold of one. I hope this is a collation error, might be with the repeat card order packs. Thanks for any help you can provide.
Probably just an error. Also keep note that you will see more good breaks than bad breaks posted on here too...I'm sure there are a number of bad breaks we don't hear about on here.
Zacky1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 06:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

That's why I try and post all my breaks, so that nobody is suckered in.
oldgoldy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 06:45 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoldy97 View Post
That's why I try and post all my breaks, so that nobody is suckered in.
It's easy to post good ones, but I guess it shows bravery if you post both your bad and good breaks...While some blasters definitely yield more value than they used to, there are still dud ones out there. Not as bad as this one though.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:27 PM   #6 (permalink)

it is hit or miss and like zackey said im sure alot of those guys posting the great topps chrome blasters also had some bad ones you did not see or hear about!!!! i opened 1 blaster and did okay and then i bought one fat pack and hit a rhett bomar rookie auto!!! and since then have stayed away from them!!!!
248rayment4343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:35 PM   #7 (permalink)

What I hate is buying packs at a LCS...it's happened way too many times where I get a good hit in literally the first couple packs, and instead of stopping while I'm ahead, I idiotically think my luck will continue, and get absolutely nothing out of the next 10 or so packs...