Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 12:47 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Experts! Can I get some Rodgers help?!

I have never been lucky enough to pull one of his autos. Heck..I never pull any autos hardly ever. So, I am going to have to resort to purchasing one or trading for one.

Now, I do not have the stock to trade for one (at the moment at least.) being on a budget, and being miles away from a shop that sells Hobby product and with out a car it is hard to get good stuff that I COULD use as trade bait.

So, at the moment that leaves me to the purchasing ONLY option. I don't have the funds to do so at the moment, but I WOULD like to get some information so that when I can purchase, I know what to look for.

I wouldn't be able to afford anything high end, because I just don't have that kind of income so saving for something high end is just not feasible in the short-ish term. As it stands, I am just looking for an auto to put into my collection.

What card is affordable? I mean I know that Aaron Rodgers autos are in demand always, but is there one that is "common" that someone could snag for about $100 ish? Maybe one that has plenty in circulation? <-- I really hope this reads well...

Thanks for any and all help! I very much appreciate it!

--Rob.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:49 AM   #2 (permalink)

Here's one that sold for $110 back in December. Might want to keep an eye out for that in the future. The other three of the same card have sold in the 145-150 range.

2007 UD Upper Deck Artifacts Auto Aaron Rodgers BGS | eBay
Old 01-23-2013, 12:49 AM   #3 (permalink)

Rob,

My best bet is you'd probably only be able to afford a Sage rookie auto...maybe for 125-150ish... Nothing below that really.

Matt

Also Collect: Iowa State, Iowa, Aaron Murray!!!
IowaCubs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:34 AM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks Ray and Matt. I very much appreciate the input! The card collecting world has changed SO much since I have got back into it after being ripped off a few years back, and I didn't know if there was a certain Aaron Rodgers auto that isn't as rare as some others.

I was trying to liken it to coins. As an example: A 1916 Standing Liberty Quarter is worth $1,000+ easy and that is if you can't even read the DATE! However, a 1917 (of any MM) can be had for a few hundred in F-VF condition. So, in a way I guess I thought maybe there is a Topps 2007 XXX that is pretty common, but the 2005 SP-A is 10k or more...you know?

Also, Matt, in the past has there been any complications with SA-GE autos? Have they suffered any..."Dez Bryant" issues that you know of or are they like Topps in the sense that they witness all signings?

Thanks a ton!

--Rob.