Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 06:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Moline
Posts: 670
Default Very Weird Streak of NO "Luck"- God Bless Panini

This is probably just a really weird coincidence but my LCS has not had a single Andrew Luck autograph come out of a Panini product this year. A couple have popped from Press Pass & Topps but absolutely nothing from Panini. On the flip side 20+ RG3 Autos have come out. It is a fairly decent volume shop with a pretty tight knit customer base with an owner who opens more than his fair share as well. We are 99% certain that there have been no Lucks come out of any product from Panini. We are talking cases and cases! Has anyone heard of something like this? Again not saying its some conspiracy deal but it is very odd to me that he purchases multiple cases of almost every Panini product and not even one has surfaced.
VintageCards4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
mindbinge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bristol, VA
Posts: 6,436
Default

you don't have any way of knowing everything that walks out the front door of an LCS. Impossible to know.
__________________
Super Collector - Looking for anything of Ahmad Bradshaw!-

See my collection at: Bradshaw44.com
mindbinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Moline
Posts: 670
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindbinge View Post
you don't have any way of knowing everything that walks out the front door of an LCS. Impossible to know.
You dont understand man... We know.... The shop is close knit as stated in the first post. Again Im sure a box or two may have been purchased at random but I am telling you its 15 guys who open large amounts of wax. We all text and talk through the owner and each other. The shop isnt a HUGE volume store but has definitely moved some cases. The owner even sent a text to confirm on 24 boxes of Black & Limited that have been opened this week. He is a member here and will confirm. It is just weird... Im sure nothing more.
VintageCards4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
mindbinge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bristol, VA
Posts: 6,436
Default

I understand...all it takes is for one guy to leave the shop with an unopened pack and you don't have a clue what was in it.

I get what you are saying though, and you would think the regulars would at least hit one.
__________________
Super Collector - Looking for anything of Ahmad Bradshaw!-

See my collection at: Bradshaw44.com
mindbinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 10,720
Default

Crazy. I want to know where it is because with my "luck" I'd open one pack and get a Luck Auto lol. Can't get away from him, everytime I open a box I get something nice of him, but never RGIII
jp98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
atowncards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Appleton, WI
Posts: 348
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp98 View Post
Crazy. I want to know where it is because with my "luck" I'd open one pack and get a Luck Auto lol. Can't get away from him, everytime I open a box I get something nice of him, but never RGIII
Sounds like a great problem to have
atowncards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
kyle1707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: COAL VALLEY, IL
Posts: 7,129
Default

90% of football wax is opened by 10 guys

No luck in probably 200 300 boxes this year

Have one from chrome prime sterling and triple threads
__________________
Always buying vintage...
Also collect
Museum Frame autos..
Ginter Rip cards...
kyle1707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
GoJays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 6,522
Default

All that means is that you have to pull the first one.

Sincerely,

Your LCS owner
__________________
I will leave my signature the same until the Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup. In short, I will never change my signature.
GoJays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Moline
Posts: 670
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindbinge View Post
I understand...all it takes is for one guy to leave the shop with an unopened pack and you don't have a clue what was in it.

I get what you are saying though, and you would think the regulars would at least hit one.
Again man... not trolling or being a crank but it is a very unique shop. It is open 10-12 hours a week and pretty much only deals in full boxes. Im not saying your theory is impossible but it is not your typical store that is open 40-50 hours a week with tons random foot traffic that buys a pack or two at a time. All 10-15 guys know one another and a news of Luck would circulate back. As LCS owner said...its been 200-300 boxes.

Last edited by VintageCards4Me; 01-24-2013 at 07:41 PM.
VintageCards4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: COS, CO
Posts: 7,409
Default

Weird. We have Lucks, Griffins, Martins, Richardsons and Wilsons being pulled almost everyday.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:48 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Moline
Posts: 670
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
Weird. We have Lucks, Griffins, Martins, Richardsons and Wilsons being pulled almost everyday.
It is also really weird when you contrast the amount of RG's that have come out... TONS....

OK Man... more trivia.... what was Ben gonna do instead of go on the bike trip with Rocky? BTW FULLY Agree on Game Day Bucket Go Boom Chick per a post of yours in another thread..... The two hand thing she does going 90's Gangsta is terrible...
VintageCards4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:54 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
mindbinge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bristol, VA
Posts: 6,436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageCards4Me View Post
Again man... not trolling or being a crank but it is a very unique shop. It is open 10-12 hours a week and pretty much only deals in full boxes. Im not saying your theory is impossible but it is not your typical store that is open 40-50 hours a week with tons random foot traffic that buys a pack or two at a time. All 10-15 guys know one another and a news of Luck would circulate back. As LCS owner said...its been 200-300 boxes.
this guy needs to close his shop then and move ops to his garage and you guys can hang out there...he's wasting a lot of money in overhead lmao.
__________________
Super Collector - Looking for anything of Ahmad Bradshaw!-

See my collection at: Bradshaw44.com
mindbinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:59 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: LA
Posts: 179
Send a message via AIM to keeganoneil
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindbinge View Post
this guy needs to close his shop then and move ops to his garage=
how do you know it's not there already?
__________________
follow me on twitter @KOCards
keeganoneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:01 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Moline
Posts: 670
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindbinge View Post
this guy needs to close his shop then and move ops to his garage and you guys can hang out there...he's wasting a lot of money in overhead lmao.
HA...Again man...very unique.... The rent on store is probably less than decent size storage unit. It has very low operating expenses and the big spenders buy more than enough to cover....
VintageCards4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:08 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
mindbinge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bristol, VA
Posts: 6,436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageCards4Me View Post
HA...Again man...very unique.... The rent on store is probably less than decent size storage unit. It has very low operating expenses and the big spenders buy more than enough to cover....
i wish i had that sort of set up, i'd put an LCS in the lower level of the house, have a weekly poker game, projection screen, bar, bookie operation, black market gun sales....etc etc etc...one can dream i guess.
__________________
Super Collector - Looking for anything of Ahmad Bradshaw!-

See my collection at: Bradshaw44.com
mindbinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:10 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: COS, CO
Posts: 7,409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageCards4Me View Post
It is also really weird when you contrast the amount of RG's that have come out... TONS....

OK Man... more trivia.... what was Ben gonna do instead of go on the bike trip with Rocky? BTW FULLY Agree on Game Day Bucket Go Boom Chick per a post of yours in another thread..... The two hand thing she does going 90's Gangsta is terrible...
Without looking it up, I think he was going away to school or moving. Rocky gets on his azz about a bad card trade also.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:13 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Moline
Posts: 670
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindbinge View Post
i wish i had that sort of set up, i'd put an LCS in the lower level of the house, have a weekly poker game, projection screen, bar, bookie operation, black market gun sales....etc etc etc...one can dream i guess.
Now youre getting a better mental picture minus the bookie and saturday night specials.....plus owner would help you pad your ahmad collection....
VintageCards4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:16 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Moline
Posts: 670
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
Without looking it up, I think he was going away to school or moving. Rocky gets on his azz about a bad card trade also.
Im pretty sure Ben was getting a job with his uncle making good money maybe six bucks an hour... YOURE STUPID BEN! I screwed you out of RUBE WALKER! I have seen that movie too many times as a young man watching late night HBO waiting to see the scene where stoned Cher shows off most of her teets.

Last edited by VintageCards4Me; 01-24-2013 at 09:19 PM.
VintageCards4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:20 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
HBMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 7,954
Default

Funny, of all of the boxes opened at my LCS, the only guys that don't seem to get pulled are scrubs.
__________________
I PC: Dallas Cowboys, Arkansas Razorbacks, StL Cards, KC Chiefs
http://s1092.photobucket.com/albums/i413/hogsboysmavscards/
Searching for a 14 UD Chris Smith B&W #'d/10
Andrew Luck
HBMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:16 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
mindbinge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bristol, VA
Posts: 6,436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageCards4Me View Post
Now youre getting a better mental picture minus the bookie and saturday night specials.....plus owner would help you pad your ahmad collection....
send him my way, i'll send him cash his way.
__________________
Super Collector - Looking for anything of Ahmad Bradshaw!-

See my collection at: Bradshaw44.com
mindbinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:49 PM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Moline
Posts: 670
Default

Update: 2 more cases of Prism today... They pulled a RG3 Prism Auto but still no Luck.... Do anyone think that maybe there is a certain area that certain cards are shipped to? Its just so weird. We are much closer to Indy than DC and Im sure it is still coincidence but this is just wild......
VintageCards4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:17 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Moline
Posts: 670
Default

WAIT HAHAHA There were two more boxes to crack and one finally came out!!! It was a redemption but finally a Luck... Conspiracy Myth DEBUNKED!
VintageCards4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.