Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 06:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Very Weird Streak of NO "Luck"- God Bless Panini

This is probably just a really weird coincidence but my LCS has not had a single Andrew Luck autograph come out of a Panini product this year. A couple have popped from Press Pass & Topps but absolutely nothing from Panini. On the flip side 20+ RG3 Autos have come out. It is a fairly decent volume shop with a pretty tight knit customer base with an owner who opens more than his fair share as well. We are 99% certain that there have been no Lucks come out of any product from Panini. We are talking cases and cases! Has anyone heard of something like this? Again not saying its some conspiracy deal but it is very odd to me that he purchases multiple cases of almost every Panini product and not even one has surfaced.
VintageCards4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:50 PM   #2 (permalink)

you don't have any way of knowing everything that walks out the front door of an LCS. Impossible to know.

See my collection at: Bradshaw44.com
mindbinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:01 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindbinge View Post
you don't have any way of knowing everything that walks out the front door of an LCS. Impossible to know.
You dont understand man... We know.... The shop is close knit as stated in the first post. Again Im sure a box or two may have been purchased at random but I am telling you its 15 guys who open large amounts of wax. We all text and talk through the owner and each other. The shop isnt a HUGE volume store but has definitely moved some cases. The owner even sent a text to confirm on 24 boxes of Black & Limited that have been opened this week. He is a member here and will confirm. It is just weird... Im sure nothing more.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:06 PM   #4 (permalink)

I understand...all it takes is for one guy to leave the shop with an unopened pack and you don't have a clue what was in it.

I get what you are saying though, and you would think the regulars would at least hit one.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Crazy. I want to know where it is because with my "luck" I'd open one pack and get a Luck Auto lol. Can't get away from him, everytime I open a box I get something nice of him, but never RGIII
jp98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:12 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp98 View Post
Crazy. I want to know where it is because with my "luck" I'd open one pack and get a Luck Auto lol. Can't get away from him, everytime I open a box I get something nice of him, but never RGIII
Sounds like a great problem to have
atowncards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:15 PM   #7 (permalink)

90% of football wax is opened by 10 guys

No luck in probably 200 300 boxes this year

Have one from chrome prime sterling and triple threads
Ginter Rip cards...
kyle1707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:18 PM   #8 (permalink)

All that means is that you have to pull the first one.

Sincerely,

Your LCS owner
Old 01-24-2013, 07:32 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
I understand...all it takes is for one guy to leave the shop with an unopened pack and you don't have a clue what was in it.

I get what you are saying though, and you would think the regulars would at least hit one.
Again man... not trolling or being a crank but it is a very unique shop. It is open 10-12 hours a week and pretty much only deals in full boxes. Im not saying your theory is impossible but it is not your typical store that is open 40-50 hours a week with tons random foot traffic that buys a pack or two at a time. All 10-15 guys know one another and a news of Luck would circulate back. As LCS owner said...its been 200-300 boxes.

Last edited by VintageCards4Me; 01-24-2013 at 07:41 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Weird. We have Lucks, Griffins, Martins, Richardsons and Wilsons being pulled almost everyday.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:48 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
Weird. We have Lucks, Griffins, Martins, Richardsons and Wilsons being pulled almost everyday.
It is also really weird when you contrast the amount of RG's that have come out... TONS....

OK Man... more trivia.... what was Ben gonna do instead of go on the bike trip with Rocky? BTW FULLY Agree on Game Day Bucket Go Boom Chick per a post of yours in another thread..... The two hand thing she does going 90's Gangsta is terrible...
Old 01-24-2013, 08:54 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageCards4Me View Post
Again man... not trolling or being a crank but it is a very unique shop. It is open 10-12 hours a week and pretty much only deals in full boxes. Im not saying your theory is impossible but it is not your typical store that is open 40-50 hours a week with tons random foot traffic that buys a pack or two at a time. All 10-15 guys know one another and a news of Luck would circulate back. As LCS owner said...its been 200-300 boxes.
this guy needs to close his shop then and move ops to his garage and you guys can hang out there...he's wasting a lot of money in overhead lmao.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:59 PM   #13 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to keeganoneil

Quote:
this guy needs to close his shop then and move ops to his garage=
how do you know it's not there already?
Old 01-24-2013, 09:01 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
this guy needs to close his shop then and move ops to his garage and you guys can hang out there...he's wasting a lot of money in overhead lmao.
HA...Again man...very unique.... The rent on store is probably less than decent size storage unit. It has very low operating expenses and the big spenders buy more than enough to cover....
Old 01-24-2013, 09:08 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
HA...Again man...very unique.... The rent on store is probably less than decent size storage unit. It has very low operating expenses and the big spenders buy more than enough to cover....
i wish i had that sort of set up, i'd put an LCS in the lower level of the house, have a weekly poker game, projection screen, bar, bookie operation, black market gun sales....etc etc etc...one can dream i guess.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:10 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
It is also really weird when you contrast the amount of RG's that have come out... TONS....

OK Man... more trivia.... what was Ben gonna do instead of go on the bike trip with Rocky? BTW FULLY Agree on Game Day Bucket Go Boom Chick per a post of yours in another thread..... The two hand thing she does going 90's Gangsta is terrible...
Without looking it up, I think he was going away to school or moving. Rocky gets on his azz about a bad card trade also.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:13 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
i wish i had that sort of set up, i'd put an LCS in the lower level of the house, have a weekly poker game, projection screen, bar, bookie operation, black market gun sales....etc etc etc...one can dream i guess.
Now youre getting a better mental picture minus the bookie and saturday night specials.....plus owner would help you pad your ahmad collection....
Old 01-24-2013, 09:16 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
Without looking it up, I think he was going away to school or moving. Rocky gets on his azz about a bad card trade also.
Im pretty sure Ben was getting a job with his uncle making good money maybe six bucks an hour... YOURE STUPID BEN! I screwed you out of RUBE WALKER! I have seen that movie too many times as a young man watching late night HBO waiting to see the scene where stoned Cher shows off most of her teets.

Last edited by VintageCards4Me; 01-24-2013 at 09:19 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:20 PM   #19 (permalink)

Funny, of all of the boxes opened at my LCS, the only guys that don't seem to get pulled are scrubs.
Andrew Luck
HBMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:16 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Now youre getting a better mental picture minus the bookie and saturday night specials.....plus owner would help you pad your ahmad collection....
send him my way, i'll send him cash his way.

Old 01-30-2013, 02:49 PM   #21 (permalink)

Update: 2 more cases of Prism today... They pulled a RG3 Prism Auto but still no Luck.... Do anyone think that maybe there is a certain area that certain cards are shipped to? Its just so weird. We are much closer to Indy than DC and Im sure it is still coincidence but this is just wild......
Old 01-30-2013, 03:17 PM   #22 (permalink)

WAIT HAHAHA There were two more boxes to crack and one finally came out!!! It was a redemption but finally a Luck... Conspiracy Myth DEBUNKED!