Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2013, 02:39 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pejc300 View Post
Oh, I thought you were soliciting opinions when you said "Where are all the ballers." I was just helping you out.
No worries I read that and it sounded a lot ruder than when I wrote it. I have a very smart ass sense of humor. I do appreciate the input.
JeffCooper1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:47 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyatc22 View Post
So if they win are you still going to sell them for $4000?
It depends on what the market does. KP (the buyer) is a Friend from the shops around town and we have discussed why I have not sold them to him yet. He did say thats as high as he can go even if they win. Thats a risk im willing to take. I am so far in the Black on Kaepernick that it doesnt matter. I paid between $6 and $102 for all of these cards and have already made $2500. Not to mention Im a Niners fan to the core. so I am happy no matter what. If they win that is. Just posted this thread to gage interest really. Ill sell to serious buyers but if nobodies willing to pay full price im not gonna sell. Kappy is special and these will only go up.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:49 PM   #28 (permalink)

So you're so far into the black it doesn't matter AND your friend has said he will give you 4k whether they win OR lose but you're gonna wait and see what the market does? Awesome
trixstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:10 PM   #29 (permalink)
Banned

God damn, people are stupid. Wait 4 months and buy these cards at 50% less.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:13 PM   #30 (permalink)

Funny thing is I bet if he sells at 50% eBay he still makes bank on this lot! I assume these were bought when he wasn't anything
Cubs_rock21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:46 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
God damn, people are stupid. Wait 4 months and buy these cards at 50% less.
This is why you never make money on cards.
pejc300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:44 PM   #32 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffCooper1979 View Post
I have a cash offer of $4000 from a friend here in town for the NT, Exquisite and the Atomic. Im just waiting until after the game to pull the trigger. He is a huge Niners fan and his offer is good no matter what happens. so it doesn't hurt me to list them this high. After all I have Done very very well selling sports cards. So opinions are like Aholes if you know what I mean. Everyone has one but nobody wants to see yours!!!

you are so full of #@#@#@#@...the guy has played 6 games and act as if his value is solid as tom brady. He loses the super bowl or has a really bad game his value is back to virtually nothing.

4k cash...take it and tell him no refunds LOL
Razorsharp79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:23 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorsharp79 View Post
you are so full of #@#@#@#@...the guy has played 6 games and act as if his value is solid as tom brady. He loses the super bowl or has a really bad game his value is back to virtually nothing.

4k cash...take it and tell him no refunds LOL
Im right there with you. Im a fan of Kaepernick because i am a Niners fan. and he's fun too watch. outside of that he hasn't proved anything long term. I bought these cards ALL before he ever started and most of them before this season even began. as far as the sale, if it goes through, it goes through. If not Ill keep them. I believe it will go through based on the fact that when we first started talking about it he put 3k cash in front of me trying to get me to jump at it. just didn't want to do it yet. this market is so volatile i figure worst case scenario i sell them all for 2k easily on ebay. best case scenario he wins and gets MVP. then his value will be above Tom Brady for a couple of weeks until the shock wears off. Either way Im playing with house money. Kinda hard to lose.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:31 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Its easy to make money on cards. If you buy low sell high. Any big time fan of football can get a good idea of how the market will fluctuate. Key is dont buy boxes! And dont buy hot cards! Right now im picking up alot of Lockers, Gabberts, and Daltons. these guys have bottled up talent and will be around for awhile. Bottom line is they are young and learning how to play NFL ball. Dont believe me look at Drew brees first few years in the league. And yes, I expect alot of people to talk S#!$ about Gabbert now. Most of which have never watched him play.

Ready GO!
Old 01-26-2013, 09:36 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Its easy to make money on cards. If you buy low sell high. Any big time fan of football can get a good idea of how the market will fluctuate. Key is dont buy boxes! And dont buy hot cards! Right now im picking up alot of Lockers, Gabberts, and Daltons. these guys have bottled up talent and will be around for awhile. Bottom line is they are young and learning how to play NFL ball. Dont believe me look at Drew brees first few years in the league. And yes, I expect alot of people to talk S#!$ about Gabbert now. Most of which have never watched him play.
Ready GO!

Oh I've watched him. #BullsOnParade
Bars and Bar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:37 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
I have a cash offer of $4000 from a friend here in town for the NT, Exquisite and the Atomic. Im just waiting until after the game to pull the trigger. He is a huge Niners fan and his offer is good no matter what happens. so it doesn't hurt me to list them this high. After all I have Done very very well selling sports cards. So opinions are like Aholes if you know what I mean. Everyone has one but nobody wants to see yours!!!
Quote:
It depends on what the market does. KP (the buyer) is a Friend from the shops around town and we have discussed why I have not sold them to him yet. He did say thats as high as he can go even if they win. Thats a risk im willing to take. I am so far in the Black on Kaepernick that it doesnt matter. I paid between $6 and $102 for all of these cards and have already made $2500. Not to mention Im a Niners fan to the core. so I am happy no matter what. If they win that is. Just posted this thread to gage interest really. Ill sell to serious buyers but if nobodies willing to pay full price im not gonna sell. Kappy is special and these will only go up.
So you wont take the $4k offer if they win cause you know that you will get a lot more if they win and a hell of a lot more if he is named MVP.

You should take the 4k now and move on

Sell all the high end and all but a few contenders and some of the lower end stuff (to keep for your Niners PC) and dont look back
armyatc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:40 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyatc22 View Post
So you wont take the $4k offer if they win cause you know that you will get a lot more if they win and a hell of a lot more if he is named MVP.

You should take the 4k now and move on

Sell all the high end and all but a few contenders and some of the lower end stuff (to keep for your Niners PC) and dont look back
Thats good advice. Thank you.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:02 PM   #38 (permalink)

Don't hold 'em cause he will get wrecked by the Ravens D. One hit like the hit on Ridley and Kaep is done, cards and all.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/nibrugnerotto/a/ft-fs
nibrugnerotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:52 PM   #39 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Im right there with you. Im a fan of Kaepernick because i am a Niners fan. and he's fun too watch. outside of that he hasn't proved anything long term. I bought these cards ALL before he ever started and most of them before this season even began. as far as the sale, if it goes through, it goes through. If not Ill keep them. I believe it will go through based on the fact that when we first started talking about it he put 3k cash in front of me trying to get me to jump at it. just didn't want to do it yet. this market is so volatile i figure worst case scenario i sell them all for 2k easily on ebay. best case scenario he wins and gets MVP. then his value will be above Tom Brady for a couple of weeks until the shock wears off. Either way Im playing with house money. Kinda hard to lose.
Even more reason to sell now. He wins his prices will not bump up more than 20-30%, he loses his prices will drop possibly 50-60%...if he gets hurt, his prices will plummet.

I do not know how it would be possible for a 4,000 cash offer to be topped for those 3 cards. that is like 4,300 ebay roughly counting paypal fees, shipping and insurance, and ebay fees. He wins the value on those will not be 5,000 or more? So why hold out for 700 more roughly, the risk is not worth the reward of holding them...he loses those 3 cards are not worth 1,500 since no one remembers second place...and if he gets hurt i would be sick...never miss an opportunity like this, it is what people prospecting dream about.........
Razorsharp79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:09 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorsharp79 View Post
Even more reason to sell now. He wins his prices will not bump up more than 20-30%, he loses his prices will drop possibly 50-60%...if he gets hurt, his prices will plummet.

I do not know how it would be possible for a 4,000 cash offer to be topped for those 3 cards. that is like 4,300 ebay roughly counting paypal fees, shipping and insurance, and ebay fees. He wins the value on those will not be 5,000 or more? So why hold out for 700 more roughly, the risk is not worth the reward of holding them...he loses those 3 cards are not worth 1,500 since no one remembers second place...and if he gets hurt i would be sick...never miss an opportunity like this, it is what people prospecting dream about.........
This man is baller status, listen to him OP.

Kaepernick's ceiling is already too high on cards. Eventually he will come back down, hard.
Andrew Luck
HBMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:51 PM   #41 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
No, I'll never make money on cards because I refuse to open much anymore. I'd rather have my $500 cash than spend it, only to recoup $100 (most of the time).

And I GUARANTEE that most of these high-end Kaepernicks will be returned if he doesn't win the Super Bowl. So enjoy the imaginary money now because it'll be returned to the buyers quickly enough.

45 days people. A lot can happen to change minds in 45 days.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:53 PM   #42 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

Ready GO!
Jesus Christ, anymore advice Jim Cramer?
Old 01-26-2013, 11:57 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:

Ready GO!
Ya I've watched Gabbert and he has talent, but the boy can't step up in the pocket. He can't throw under pressure. Unless that changes, he has no shot.
1/1s - 7/21 = 33%
verbal13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:46 AM   #44 (permalink)

Here is what I dont get. Ebay has been around for a LOOOOONG time, I mean I just got my 10th anniversary card from them. So, when you consider how much of the card business revolves around eBay, how is it possible that a guy who has easily 6 grand worth of cards in his bucket doesnt know that eBay is the best way to do this? Not only that, but doesnt have his cards up after last week?

Honestly, if Kaep is a PC guy, that's one thing. But he said he wants to sell, so why arent these up as we speak? This is just a c*** tease thread trying to get people to look at his collection. The vanity in this hobby has always been ridiculous, but this gets borderline insane.

My Cordarrelle Patterson Collection: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/Gellman/a/cordarrelle-patterson
deltapi1049 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:10 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltapi1049 View Post
Here is what I dont get. Ebay has been around for a LOOOOONG time, I mean I just got my 10th anniversary card from them. So, when you consider how much of the card business revolves around eBay, how is it possible that a guy who has easily 6 grand worth of cards in his bucket doesnt know that eBay is the best way to do this? Not only that, but doesnt have his cards up after last week?

Honestly, if Kaep is a PC guy, that's one thing. But he said he wants to sell, so why arent these up as we speak? This is just a c*** tease thread trying to get people to look at his collection. The vanity in this hobby has always been ridiculous, but this gets borderline insane.
Why are you so mean? lol. Cards are on ebay. I dont get why people here care so much about what someone else says. I never asked for any advice. I was simply gaging interest.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:15 PM   #46 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltapi1049 View Post

No, it was definitely a SPAM thread.

And I never got an Anniversary card! What gives?
Old 01-27-2013, 05:57 PM   #47 (permalink)

Now this guy has the NT BGS 9.5 listed at auction...guess his "buddy" fell through. Who is this guy?

Colin Kaepernick 2011 National Treasures Rookie Auto Patch BGS 9 5 10 37 99 | eBay
pejc300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:49 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Now this guy has the NT BGS 9.5 listed at auction...guess his "buddy" fell through. Who is this guy?

Colin Kaepernick 2011 National Treasures Rookie Auto Patch BGS 9 5 10 37 99 | eBay
not sure why he would end it a few days after the superbowl.
mrlaker is offline   Reply With Quote