Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2013, 03:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
cromartie3145's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Catonsville, Maryland
Posts: 7,215
Smile Little Contest for Charity...

Okay, so I have an ebay auction ending Sunday night for a 2011 Tyron Smith Contenders RC Auto SP /23:

2011 Tyron Smith Contenders RC Ticket 185 SP Auto 23 Cowboys $800 | eBay



So here is the contest:

If the auction ends for $500 or over, I will send someone $100 to donate to their favorite charity and a few cards for their pc (Just post in the thread what charity you would donate to and why and I will random a list of all members who posted below if the auction tops $500).

In addition, if it tops $500 and the winner of the auction posted in this thread, I will throw in a FREE Jake Locker Contenders RC On Card Auto

And I know that $500 is a stretch for this card, so if the auction does not top $500, I will still send someone $20 to donate to their favorite charity (I still would random a list of all entries below. Please post what charity you would donate to and why).

Thank you!
__________________
NEED: Ladarius Green NT Autos /5 and 1/1 (PAYING FINDERS FEE)

Bucket: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cromartie3145/a/FSFT

Last edited by cromartie3145; 01-26-2013 at 04:58 PM.
cromartie3145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
hotbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 13,096
Default

Great thing you are doing, I would donate to the ASPCA which fights animal abuse. We adopted two dogs, and it's terrible to think what they have been through. Very sad to see so many animals with problems.
ASPCA | Donate
Thank you
__________________
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hotbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Ivanrf1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Denver CO
Posts: 1,517
Default

Happy you are doing this! This is what a real collector looks like!
__________________
CMB http://ivanrf1.imgur.com/
Collect Ryan Tannehill, Jack Youngblood
"Is that a Cam Newton in your pants or are you just happy to see me?" -tnarg
Pending Deals:
Ivanrf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,825
Default

I would donate it to the dumb friends league in denver or alameda east vet hospital in aurora colorado
__________________
http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b257/willnbeebs/

I'M NOT A SV TRADER OR SV SELLER.
ft28jags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
tajikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 13,244
Default

So BigBoyd isn't the only person to fabricate numbers in his auction title...

With that out of the way, I'll go with a local charity called Angel Babies. My wife and I lost a child a little over 2 years ago...
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
cromartie3145's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Catonsville, Maryland
Posts: 7,215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
So BigBoyd isn't the only person to fabricate numbers in his auction title...

With that out of the way, I'll go with a local charity called Angel Babies. My wife and I lost a child a little over 2 years ago...
I didn't fabricate it. When the SPs were first released, one sold for over $800 via BIN and I state that in the listing.

And I am so sorry for your loss, I can't even imagine how painful that must be.
__________________
NEED: Ladarius Green NT Autos /5 and 1/1 (PAYING FINDERS FEE)

Bucket: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cromartie3145/a/FSFT
cromartie3145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
cromartie3145's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Catonsville, Maryland
Posts: 7,215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotbox View Post
Great thing you are doing, I would donate to the ASPCA which fights animal abuse. We adopted two dogs, and it's terrible to think what they have been through. Very sad to see so many animals with problems.
ASPCA | Donate
Thank you
My sister is a big advocate of the ASPCA as well! I really like their organization. Thanks and Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivanrf1 View Post
Happy you are doing this! This is what a real collector looks like!
Thank you
__________________
NEED: Ladarius Green NT Autos /5 and 1/1 (PAYING FINDERS FEE)

Bucket: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cromartie3145/a/FSFT
cromartie3145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
cromartie3145's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Catonsville, Maryland
Posts: 7,215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ft28jags View Post
I would donate it to the dumb friends league in denver or alameda east vet hospital in aurora colorado
Sounds like a good organization. Thanks and good luck
__________________
NEED: Ladarius Green NT Autos /5 and 1/1 (PAYING FINDERS FEE)

Bucket: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cromartie3145/a/FSFT
cromartie3145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,307
Default

i would donate to the livestrong charity for there work on cancer note if i win please just make a donation in blowoutcards name no need to send to me
JonMead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
HBMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 8,863
Default

I will send the $75 to a local organization called Convoy of Hope, they transport food, medical supplies, shelter and other essentials to areas affected by disasters, they sent many semi-trucks to the NY/NJ area after Sandy and lots of aid workers to Haiti after the earthquake. Anywhere there is a problem, they step in.

BTW, you can send the Tyron to me
__________________
I PC: Dallas Cowboys, Arkansas Razorbacks, StL Cards, KC Chiefs
http://s1092.photobucket.com/albums/i413/hogsboysmavscards/
Searching for a 14 UD Chris Smith B&W #'d/10
Andrew Luck RIP Oscar Taveras
HBMC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:00 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
cromartie3145's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Catonsville, Maryland
Posts: 7,215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonMead View Post
i would donate to the livestrong charity for there work on cancer note if i win please just make a donation in blowoutcards name no need to send to me
Nice pick and will do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMC View Post
I will send the $75 to a local organization called Convoy of Hope, they transport food, medical supplies, shelter and other essentials to areas affected by disasters, they sent many semi-trucks to the NY/NJ area after Sandy and lots of aid workers to Haiti after the earthquake. Anywhere there is a problem, they step in.

BTW, you can send the Tyron to me
That sounds awesome! And because the charities have been so great so far, I have decided to up it to $100 if it tops $500

And that Tyron would look great in your Cowboys pc, and it would be for a great cause
__________________
NEED: Ladarius Green NT Autos /5 and 1/1 (PAYING FINDERS FEE)

Bucket: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cromartie3145/a/FSFT
cromartie3145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,690
Default

I would donate to the Stephanie Spielman Breast cancer fund.
Stefanie Spielman Fund for Breast Cancer Research

Steph was an inspiration to MANY women around the state of Ohio that were battling breast cancer
__________________
BLOWOUTS BRIAN ROLLE SUPERCOLLECTOR
NEEDS: Brian Rolle 1/1's from 2011 Plates and Patches
http://s619.photobucket.com/home/bucknut27/allalbums
bucknut27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:49 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 3,357
Default

Nice contest! If I win, would want to donate, to Livestrong, because I know people, that have and people that have beat cancer, and I wish, that there was a cure for it
theautographkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:04 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
cromartie3145's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Catonsville, Maryland
Posts: 7,215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut27 View Post
I would donate to the Stephanie Spielman Breast cancer fund.
Stefanie Spielman Fund for Breast Cancer Research

Steph was an inspiration to MANY women around the state of Ohio that were battling breast cancer
Quote:
Originally Posted by theautographkid View Post
Nice contest! If I win, would want to donate, to Livestrong, because I know people, that have and people that have beat cancer, and I wish, that there was a cure for it
2 more awesome choices

Let's keep this up!
__________________
NEED: Ladarius Green NT Autos /5 and 1/1 (PAYING FINDERS FEE)

Bucket: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cromartie3145/a/FSFT
cromartie3145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:06 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
Homerun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 5,400
Default

I would donate to the charity Autism Speaks. They really do a great job raising funds for research to cure autism. My cousin is autistic, and he is a real inspiration to me. I love him so much. Thanks for the contest.
__________________
I collect Paul Konerko/White Sox autographs and White Sox blue refractors! Let me know what you have.

Last edited by Homerun; 01-26-2013 at 07:18 PM.
Homerun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:17 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
Metsfan1121's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: long island
Posts: 3,829
Default

If I am chosen I would donate the money to Canine Companions for Independence. They are an organization that trains and provides service dogs to disabled children and adults. I personally have a service dog from this organization and he has been a tremendous contribution to my life. He's even been to some card shows
Metsfan1121 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:18 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
brandonlec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,572
Default

I would donate to the Red Cross, because as someone who's been through 3 category 5 hurricanes, I know the wrath mother nature can have on people.

Thanks and good luck on the sale

-Brandon
__________________
http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii297/brandonlec/

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) My COMC store is 50% off for a week!
Do us all a favor and stop being a stuck-up half-witted scruffy-sounding nerd homer!
brandonlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:20 PM   #18 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Empire State✈
Posts: 5,685
Send a message via Skype™ to Strasburg
Default

I would donate to cycle for survival. A charity that helps research very advanced cancers at MSKCC in new york city. I wrote a long paper on it last year and even help out every year.

https://secure2.convio.net/mskcc/sit...e_for_survival
Strasburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:31 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
Zacky1053's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 22,668
Default

Great gesture. I would give the money to the American Diabetes Association.

Unfortunately diabetes (especially adult onset) is a growing epidemic, and they need all the help they can get to help fight this disease.
__________________
Looking for Johnny Gaudreau (Calgary Flames) rookies!
If you put “the” and “IRS” together, it spells “theirs”.

Last edited by Zacky1053; 01-26-2013 at 07:41 PM.
Zacky1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:38 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
maryvillereb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: maryville,tn
Posts: 2,823
Default

I'd donate it to the Ronald McDonald House in Knoxville. Great place and home away from home for children that are seriously ill and being treated at local hospitals. Really a great place.

Ronald McDonald House of Knoxville
__________________
GBO
http://s1211.photobucket.com/user/seven_costanza2/library/Autos%20FT?sort=3&page=1
maryvillereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:39 PM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Anchorage Alaska
Posts: 4,584
Default

Cool contest, my choice is the Ronald McDonald house charities of Washington. I pick this one because my daughter had to be born in Seattle and had open heart surgery at 1 week old. We stayed in Seattle for over a month following her surgery. We were able to stay at Ronald McDonald house (which is right across the street from Seattle Children's Hospital) for that duration. All they as for is a $20 per day donation if you can. If not they don't charge you anyways. They provide rooms, food, entertainment etc for families in need

I couldn't imagine spending that amount of time paying for a hotel in a place away from home
__________________
My PC Needs: Eagles!! (McCoy, Foles) Mariners!!(Felix Hernandez and Kyle Seager for daughters)
http://s812.photobucket.com/albums/zz44/Devi8or/
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/devi8or/a/football-autos
Devi8or is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:49 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
cromartie3145's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Catonsville, Maryland
Posts: 7,215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homerun View Post
I would donate to the charity Autism Speaks. They really do a great job raising funds for research to cure autism. My cousin is autistic, and he is a real inspiration to me. I love him so much. Thanks for the contest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan1121 View Post
If I am chosen I would donate the money to Canine Companions for Independence. They are an organization that trains and provides service dogs to disabled children and adults. I personally have a service dog from this organization and he has been a tremendous contribution to my life. He's even been to some card shows
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonlec View Post
I would donate to the Red Cross, because as someone who's been through 3 category 5 hurricanes, I know the wrath mother nature can have on people.

Thanks and good luck on the sale

-Brandon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strasburg View Post
I would donate to cycle for survival. A charity that helps research very advanced cancers at MSKCC in new york city. I wrote a long paper on it last year and even help out every year.

https://secure2.convio.net/mskcc/sit...e_for_survival
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacky1053 View Post
Great gesture. I would give the money to the American Diabetes Association.

Unfortunately diabetes (especially adult onset) is a growing epidemic, and they need all the help they can get to help fight this disease.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryvillereb View Post
I'd donate it to the Ronald McDonald House in Knoxville. Great place and home away from home for children that are seriously ill and being treated at local hospitals. Really a great place.

Ronald McDonald House of Knoxville
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devi8or View Post
Cool contest, my choice is the Ronald McDonald house charities of Washington. I pick this one because my daughter had to be born in Seattle and had open heart surgery at 1 week old. We stayed in Seattle for over a month following her surgery. We were able to stay at Ronald McDonald house (which is right across the street from Seattle Children's Hospital) for that duration. All they as for is a $20 per day donation if you can. If not they don't charge you anyways. They provide rooms, food, entertainment etc for families in need

I couldn't imagine spending that amount of time paying for a hotel in a place away from home
WOW I am really impressed with all the great charities! This has been great so far and I hope I get to hear from some more members!
__________________
NEED: Ladarius Green NT Autos /5 and 1/1 (PAYING FINDERS FEE)

Bucket: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cromartie3145/a/FSFT
cromartie3145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:25 PM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
The Card Album's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,733
Default

Great of you to do. I would choose the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. Breast cancer is very important to me because it claimed the lives of both of my grandmothers and a great aunt, and there's a high likelihood that my mother will be affected at some point in her life. It's safe to say that everyone already (or will eventually if they are younger) know somebody who has had or currently has breast cancer.

Of all the cancer charities I could choose, I went with this one because I think they are among the best in terms of money management. Many charities (across all causes) contribute only a fraction of their monies to the causes they support, often having CEOs making six to seven figures a year. BCRF is not one of them. Independent studies have shown they donate nearly 90% of proceeds to the cause. For that, I ill give openly any time I have the means to do so.

BCRF :: providing critical funding for innovative clinical and genetic research
__________________
It's All About Collecting The U : 259 different Miami Hurricanes totaling 4,432 cards

Always looking to trade for Canes.
view my cards for trade @ www.TheCardAlbum.com
The Card Album is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:15 AM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
BayAreaJavy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: San Lorenzo, CA
Posts: 209
Default

I would donate to the Humane Society because I am a huge dog lover. Good luck with the sale.
BayAreaJavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:06 AM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
cromartie3145's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Catonsville, Maryland
Posts: 7,215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Card Album View Post
Great of you to do. I would choose the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. Breast cancer is very important to me because it claimed the lives of both of my grandmothers and a great aunt, and there's a high likelihood that my mother will be affected at some point in her life. It's safe to say that everyone already (or will eventually if they are younger) know somebody who has had or currently has breast cancer.

Of all the cancer charities I could choose, I went with this one because I think they are among the best in terms of money management. Many charities (across all causes) contribute only a fraction of their monies to the causes they support, often having CEOs making six to seven figures a year. BCRF is not one of them. Independent studies have shown they donate nearly 90% of proceeds to the cause. For that, I ill give openly any time I have the means to do so.

BCRF :: providing critical funding for innovative clinical and genetic research
My grandmother had breast cancer as well and I am very fortunate that she was able to fight through it. Great choice and good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaJavy View Post
I would donate to the Humane Society because I am a huge dog lover. Good luck with the sale.
I am a big dog lover as well. I have 2 chocolate labs
Another great choice and good luck!

Let's keep this going!
__________________
NEED: Ladarius Green NT Autos /5 and 1/1 (PAYING FINDERS FEE)

Bucket: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cromartie3145/a/FSFT
cromartie3145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.