Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2013, 09:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: AR
Posts: 701
Default Ebay help: Is Topps Platinum xfractor a refractor?

I know this is a stupid question, I will explain. I recently sold a Topps Platinum xfractor rookie card of Colin Kaepernick on eBay. Sold for $14.99 with buy it now. Buyer pays after a few days and receives card. I get this message yesterday:

Dear catdogoo,

Hello. I received the card in the mail today (1/26/2013) and the card you listed with the title "2011 Topps Platinum Xfractor Refractor #59 RC Colin Kaepernick" is in fact NOT an Xfractor Refractor.. It is clearly stated in the Beckett that the Refractor is serial numbered 1-99. This card has no serial number on it.
Pease get back to me in regards to this issue.
Thanks.

- fvangels3

Here is my reply:
Dear fvangels3,

Topps platinum xfractors are not numbered. Check other listings for the exact same card. I think topps chrome xfractors are numbered but not topps platinum. If you want to send it back, I'll refund you as long as it is in good condition. Let me know.
Thanks,
Ryan
ryanmanley@hotmail.com

- catdogoo

He sends me another message last night:
Dear catdogoo,

It is an Xfractor it is not a Refractor.

- fvangels3

I am so tired of dealing with idiots on eBay!!!!!
What do y'all think? Did I mislead or are xfractors refractors???
Thanks for looking,
Ryan
ebaycatdogoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
ManInTheMirror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 34,069
Default

An xfractor is one of the many different refractors out there. So yes it is indeed a refractor being that it refracts light.
ManInTheMirror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
est89detlions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: South Beach
Posts: 1,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
An xfractor is one of the many different refractors out there. So yes it is indeed a refractor being that it refracts light.
+1 for the refactor guy...ManInThe Mirror knows all about them refractors


buyer bought it knowing it was a Xfractor and it is listed in title and description as xfractor? if so then no need to refund the money IMO ebay will be on your side
__________________
http://s818.photobucket.com/albums/zz108/est89detLions/
YOUTUBE LINK PLEASE SUB http://www.youtube.com/user/DirtyA13?feature=mhum

ebay rating 100% 770 rating
est89detlions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:06 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
go_steelers07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: No. VA
Posts: 9,138
Default

Xfractors are refractors....... there's no doubt about it.

there seems to be a growing portion of eBay buyers (and members on this board) who aren't familiar with products and the content included.
__________________
A wise man once said, **All Food Turns Into P00P**
go_steelers07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Jackg1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,895
Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980
Default

I think it says refactor in the back below the number
__________________
Official Blowout 2010 Topp Magic Refractor Autograph set collector! STAY AWAY FROM PATCH CARDS! BUCKET: http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc471/jackg1980/ "I trade by common sense not book value"
"No one makes me bleed my own blood"
Jackg1980 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:15 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
mikeyp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Greenville, NC
Posts: 3,019
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by est89detlions View Post
+1 for the refactor guy...ManInThe Mirror knows all about them refractors


buyer bought it knowing it was a Xfractor and it is listed in title and description as xfractor? if so then no need to refund the money IMO ebay will be on your side
No they wont, ebay will never side with the seller on a issue like that. Disappointing but true.
__________________
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/mikeyp
mikeyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
insanepjc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 293
Default

had a question like this from ebay when I sold an RG3 atomic refractor, pointed them to a beckett link and everything was gravy.

the card itself, though, had no mention of refractor on it.
insanepjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:51 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
ccrab1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Louisa, Ky
Posts: 1,523
Default

this guy needs to do some research bofore he make the purchase. You listed it exactly right
__________________
trading for players from sec school
my bucket
http://s1021.photobucket.com/albums/af335/Charles_Crabtree/
ccrab1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:57 AM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
antrodemus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Springfield, VA
Posts: 982
Default

This is from the Sell Sheet for 2011 Topps Platinum Football;

ROOKIES: An elite fifty 2011 Rookies on gleaming Chrome Refractor technology are inserted one per pack!
All 50 Rookies are paralleled as follows:
Superfractor ONE OF ONE. Hobby Only!
Printing Plates 200 cards. ONE OF ONE. Hobby Only!
Red Refractor Numbered to 25
NEW! Gold Refractor Numbered to 50
White Refractor Numbered to 99
Blue Refractor Numbered to 299
NEW! Green Refractor Numbered to 499
NEW! X-fractor Inserted 1:4 packs
antrodemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: AR
Posts: 701
Default

Thanks for the replies!! I sent him another message saying that I wasn't going to refund because I did nothing wrong. If I get my first negative, oh well. I have 100% feedback with a score of 1060.
Thanks,
Ryan
ebaycatdogoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: AR
Posts: 701
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by antrodemus View Post
This is from the Sell Sheet for 2011 Topps Platinum Football;

ROOKIES: An elite fifty 2011 Rookies on gleaming Chrome Refractor technology are inserted one per pack!
All 50 Rookies are paralleled as follows:
Superfractor ONE OF ONE. Hobby Only!
Printing Plates 200 cards. ONE OF ONE. Hobby Only!
Red Refractor Numbered to 25
NEW! Gold Refractor Numbered to 50
White Refractor Numbered to 99
Blue Refractor Numbered to 299
NEW! Green Refractor Numbered to 499
NEW! X-fractor Inserted 1:4 packs
Thanks for posting this. I'll pass it on to the buyer.
ebaycatdogoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:58 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: AR
Posts: 701
Default

Update on this: I received another message today.


Dear catdogoo,

Ok Ryan if this card is a refractor just because it is a xfractor then i am satisfied. However printing plates were listed in that list u sent me as well and they usually r not refractors. And regardless of whether i find out which of us is correct about this card being a refractor ur policy is return for cash back or exchange at the buyers choice, just because u lost ur temper about my question does not change this. But i will keep the card and u keep ur money, i only wanted to know why this caed does not say refractor on the back as all other ones i have do. This card does not list itself as anything on the back. So i will investigate further and will leave positive feedback if u were correct. Thanks for ur help in this matter.

- fvangels3
ebaycatdogoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:36 AM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
est89detlions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: South Beach
Posts: 1,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaycatdogoo View Post
Update on this: I received another message today.


Dear catdogoo,

Ok Ryan if this card is a refractor just because it is a xfractor then i am satisfied. However printing plates were listed in that list u sent me as well and they usually r not refractors. And regardless of whether i find out which of us is correct about this card being a refractor ur policy is return for cash back or exchange at the buyers choice, just because u lost ur temper about my question does not change this. But i will keep the card and u keep ur money, i only wanted to know why this caed does not say refractor on the back as all other ones i have do. This card does not list itself as anything on the back. So i will investigate further and will leave positive feedback if u were correct. Thanks for ur help in this matter.

- fvangels3
how clueless can this person be? I dont think this person has any idea what they are doing...does this person have low feedback or higher feedback?
__________________
http://s818.photobucket.com/albums/zz108/est89detLions/
YOUTUBE LINK PLEASE SUB http://www.youtube.com/user/DirtyA13?feature=mhum

ebay rating 100% 770 rating
est89detlions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:45 AM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaycatdogoo View Post
Update on this: I received another message today.


Dear catdogoo,

Ok Ryan if this card is a refractor just because it is a xfractor then i am satisfied. However printing plates were listed in that list u sent me as well and they usually r not refractors. And regardless of whether i find out which of us is correct about this card being a refractor ur policy is return for cash back or exchange at the buyers choice, just because u lost ur temper about my question does not change this. But i will keep the card and u keep ur money, i only wanted to know why this caed does not say refractor on the back as all other ones i have do. This card does not list itself as anything on the back. So i will investigate further and will leave positive feedback if u were correct. Thanks for ur help in this matter.

- fvangels3
This guy doesn't know what he is buying and has trouble with reading apparently. It doesn't say that the plates are refractors. It says rookies would be paralleled with those cards listed.
__________________
Need 1991 Star Pics Mo Lewis Auto to complete collection! http://s687.photobucket.com/albums/vv236/viking118480/Jets%20Autos/
Bucket FS/FT: http://s687.photobucket.com/albums/vv236/viking118480/For%20Trade%20or%20For%20Sale/
viking118480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.