Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 03:51 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiegel View Post
You sound really angry, I don't think there is any joke about my post, people are being really negative, maybe its a bad day in New Zealand?
No, because some "people" are on here screaming like boomo about how this is the "most anticipated NFL release EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR" I can find the quotes if need be. Its a mid level product with shiny cards that are absoulutely nothing new or groundbreaking, but they are worth 20x more than anything else............
Army19K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:51 PM   #52 (permalink)

I really don't understand the hate on this product. If you don't like it, fine, don't buy it. But there are obviously many people that like it and for some reason that really grinds your gears. I just don't get why you people are so against a single product line. It is really beyond comprehension.
BlueReloaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:57 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army19K View Post
No, because some "people" are on here screaming like boomo about how this is the "most anticipated NFL release EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR" I can find the quotes if need be. Its a mid level product with shiny cards that are absoulutely nothing new or groundbreaking, but they are worth 20x more than anything else............
They overhyped strata too on a couple of the boards and now the clear cuts have softened, only time till tell! I believe it has been over-hyped(thanks to panini and their blog), but to come out at late chrome boxes is nuts!
Chrome 120-130 now and Prizm is already there. How did the MAPP pricing get excluded for this product? I thought it was being stopped later this year.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:12 PM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
You sound really angry, I don't think there is any joke about my post, people are being really negative, maybe its a bad day in New Zealand?
I sound really angry? Um, ok.
Orrrr... there's so many greedy/stupid people and all this Prizm nonsense is just going a bit too far.
The joke is you coming in and posting about people being negative - which in itself is ironic - and about something that is clearly not as good/valuable as a few people are trying to make/suggest it...

Nothing bad here today, I'm actually quite content. There wasn't anger in my post either, just telling it like it is. Sorry if I hurt your feelings, I'll shout you a tissue next time I'm over there...
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:21 PM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyangryfella View Post
Orrrr... there's so many greedy/stupid people and all this Prizm nonsense is just going a bit too far.
The joke is you coming in and posting about people being negative - which in itself is ironic - and about something that is clearly not as good/valuable as a few people are trying to make/suggest it...

Nothing bad here today, I'm actually quite content. There wasn't anger in my post either, just telling it like it is. Sorry if I hurt your feelings, I'll shout you a tissue next time I'm over there...
That's ironic because outside of a small vocal minority on this board, Prizm seems to be very well received. Maybe Prizm is better/more valuable than you are trying to suggest it? (Although my guess is that some of the hate is because it is giving Chrome a run for its money and is making some of you uncomfortable)

Bottom line is who cares if you don't think it is as good or valuable as others. Obviously there are people on this board that do. Personally, I don't care one way or another but the constant unwarranted hate on people who enjoy this product has got to stop.

The Prizm talk on the board will die down as new products arrive, just like every other product that arrived this year.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:22 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearsFaninCltNC View Post
They overhyped strata too on a couple of the boards and now the clear cuts have softened, only time till tell! I believe it has been over-hyped(thanks to panini and their blog), but to come out at late chrome boxes is nuts!
Chrome 120-130 now and Prizm is already there. How did the MAPP pricing get excluded for this product? I thought it was being stopped later this year.
It didn't. Why do you think it was?
Old 01-31-2013, 04:22 PM   #57 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

Greedy people

Guy opens 4 boxes pays $600 and hits one of the best cards in the product you say its a garbage card not worth anything .

who is being unreasonable

I didn't buy one Luck chrome or luck football card .
I will buy a prizm gold to put next to my basketball golds
pepsiporch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:27 PM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueReloaded View Post
That's ironic because outside of a small vocal minority on this board, Prizm seems to be very well received. Maybe Prizm is better/more valuable than you are trying to suggest it? (Although my guess is that some of the hate is because it is giving Chrome a run for its money and is making some of you uncomfortable)

Bottom line is who cares if you don't think it is as good or valuable as others. Obviously there are people on this board that do. Personally, I don't care one way or another but the constant unwarranted hate on people who enjoy this product has got to stop.

The Prizm talk on the board will die down as new products arrive, just like every other product that arrived this year.
I have no interest in Chrome vs Prizm, I opened Chrome, it was fun but I got nothing of value out of it. I refuse to open Prizm because a) it's Panini and b) it's basically throwing money away.

*it's "well received" because people think they can make money from it, because of how the basketball golds have gone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsiporch View Post
Greedy people

Guy opens 4 boxes pays $600 and hits one of the best cards in the product you say its a garbage card not worth anything .

who is being unreasonable

I didn't buy one Luck chrome or luck football card .
I will buy a prizm gold to put next to my basketball golds
I went through this with you in the other thread...

It's PANINI... a company that barely ever gives you a chance to recoup what you've spent. They do it all the time! The best hit in the entire product may not even cover the cost of a case, the Panini business plan. They're just low-numbered refractors, why the hell are they selling for (or rather the asking price being) more than autographed ones from other sets?? Greed. And Hype. Mostly from basketball....
Old 01-31-2013, 04:33 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
I have no interest in Chrome vs Prizm, I opened Chrome, it was fun but I got nothing of value out of it. I refuse to open Prizm because a) it's Panini and b) it's basically throwing money away.

*it's "well received" because people think they can make money from it, because of how the basketball golds have gone...

It's PANINI... a company that barely ever gives you a chance to recoup what you've spent. They do it all the time! The best hit in the entire product may not even cover the cost of a case, the Panini business plan. They're just low-numbered refractors, why the hell are they selling for (or rather the asking price being) more than autographed ones from other sets?? Greed. And Hype. Mostly from basketball....
Man, you got issues. If this hobby pisses you off that much, maybe you should find something different to do.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:35 PM   #60 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

Everything is like that topps , Ud ,Panini .
you never make money opening cases Most products go down .

I listed a kobe gold after I bought it for $400 . I get 45 emails on the card in 1 hour .
I never had that ever on a card ever .
Old 01-31-2013, 04:50 PM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Man, you got issues. If this hobby pisses you off that much, maybe you should find something different to do.
I've got issues because I dislike Panini and think they rip off consumers? I'd say it's the people buying them who have the issues...

I'd rather open something like Chrome any day of the week because it's both fun (what the hobby should be about) AND there's a chance to get very valuable cards (plus it has lots of on-card autos).
When could you ever say all 3 of those (or even maybe just 2) about a Panini product?
Old 01-31-2013, 04:55 PM   #62 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I've got issues because I dislike Panini and think they rip off consumers? I'd say it's the people buying them who have the issues...

I'd rather open something like Chrome any day of the week because it's both fun (what the hobby should be about) AND there's a chance to get very valuable cards (plus it has lots of on-card autos).
When could you ever say all 3 of those (or even maybe just 2) about a Panini product?
I guess you must have alot of topps chrome then and you feel like this will steal its thunder which it might .

National treasures sells very well doesnt it .

Contenders in football is probably one of the best products in football .
Old 01-31-2013, 05:02 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:

That's funny because when I ripped Chrome, none of those three things were true. It wasn't fun because there are so many 5th and 6th tier players parallels and one on-card auto of a scrub player. When your best card from a Chrome rip is a Luck tall boy, you know that you were taken to the ringer.

With Prizm you have a chance to have fun at least knowing the name of some of the players you rip because of the low print run, larger percentage run of veterans, and limited parallels. Sticker autos don't bother me because I realize that the card companies don't have a whole lot of choice in the matter. It is cost over production.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:07 PM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsiporch View Post
I guess you must have alot of topps chrome then and you feel like this will steal its thunder which it might .

National treasures sells very well doesnt it .

Contenders in football is probably one of the best products in football .
Sorry "PRIZMGOLD" - I have opened ONE single box of Chrome and that was all I had. I enjoyed it. I had the opportunity to hit several $1000+ cards (not just ones listed that high with BIN/BO that won't/shouldn't sell).

Quote:
That's funny because when I ripped Chrome, none of those three things were true. It wasn't fun because there are so many 5th and 6th tier players parallels and one on-card auto of a scrub player. When your best card from a Chrome rip is a Luck tall boy, you know that you were taken to the ringer.

With Prizm you have a chance to have fun at least knowing the name of some of the players you rip because of the low print run, larger percentage run of veterans, and limited parallels. Sticker autos don't bother me because I realize that the card companies don't have a whole lot of choice in the matter. It is cost over production.
Well maybe that's your problem. You weren't opening it for fun. My best card was a LaMichael James tallboy refractor. But I pulled a Trent Richardson base refractor and he was one of the players I was hoping to hit. The monetary return on the box will have been pathetic, but I enjoyed it because I knew I would - but there was the added OPPORTUNITY to pull something spectacular.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:08 PM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
A-Men brotha, don't worry he'll "shout us tissues"
Old 01-31-2013, 05:11 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
A-Men brotha, don't worry he'll "shout us tissues"
I don't have issues because I'm not getting suckered into this overpriced and average product...
Ooooh refractors at $130 a box - awesome...
Old 01-31-2013, 05:12 PM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Sorry "PRIZMGOLD" - I have opened ONE single box of Chrome and that was all I had. I enjoyed it. I had the opportunity to hit several $1000+ cards (not just ones listed that high with BIN/BO that won't/shouldn't sell).

Well maybe that's your problem. You weren't opening it for fun. My best card was a LaMichael James tallboy refractor. But I pulled a Trent Richardson base refractor and he was one of the players I was hoping to hit. The monetary return on the box will have been pathetic, but I enjoyed it because I knew I would - but there was the added OPPORTUNITY to pull something spectacular.

Wait, weren't you just saying that Panini sucks because it wouldn't allow you to get your money back? And now you say that losing money doesn't matter with Topps?

Hypocritical much?

For the record, I was ripping the Chrome for fun, but when you have to Google the majority of the players because you have no idea if they are even still in the league, that is an issue. Reminds me of early 90's baseball, in that you get 95% players that ride the bench/role players and once in awhile you get a player you've heard of.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:13 PM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
I don't have issues because I'm not getting suckered into this overpriced and average product...
Ooooh refractors at $130 a box - awesome...
You just said that you don't care about losing money with Topps products, but with Prizm it matters all of the sudden.

Make up your mind.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:20 PM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Wait, weren't you just saying that Panini sucks because it wouldn't allow you to get your money back? And now you say that losing money doesn't matter with Topps?

Hypocritical much?

For the record, I was ripping the Chrome for fun, but when you have to Google the majority of the players because you have no idea if they are even still in the league, that is an issue. Reminds me of early 90's baseball, in that you get 95% players that ride the bench/role players and once in awhile you get a player you've heard of.
Quote:
You just said that you don't care about losing money with Topps products, but with Prizm it matters all of the sudden.

Make up your mind.
No.... clearly you don't get it.

Panini = charges the same/high prices for products that have minimal/no 'mega' cards in them - almost any case would have returns not even close to what you paid. 1/1 blacks of rookies are an exception with this product, they are pretty mega - but the GOLDS are just low-numbered parallels and are COMPLETELY playing off the HYPE from BASKETBALL which is an entirely different market/beast. Football GOLDS are not/should not be worth anywhere near what people think they are/should be. If Panini products were cheaper then they could be fun. They charge far too much for what they are though.

Others = all have their faults, but at least offer you something that COULD make you lots of money eg superfractors, low-numbered autos. So opening a similar product to PRIZM that could actually yield you SEVERAL 'mega' cards at the same price point is kind of a no-brainer isn't it?

Basically, Prizm is a Chrome wannabe and at the same price yet nowhere near the same level of possible return. That's why I dislike Panini. How can it be fun when you're getting raped...
Old 01-31-2013, 05:24 PM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
No.... clearly you don't get it.

Panini = charges the same/high prices for products that have minimal/no 'mega' cards in them - almost any case would have returns not even close to what you paid. 1/1 blacks of rookies are an exception with this product, they are pretty mega - but the GOLDS are just low-numbered parallels and are COMPLETELY playing off the HYPE from BASKETBALL which is an entirely different market/beast. Football GOLDS are not/should not be worth anywhere near what people think they are/should be. If Panini products were cheaper then they could be fun. They charge far too much for what they are though.

Others = all have their faults, but at least offer you something that COULD make you lots of money eg superfractors, low-numbered autos. So opening a similar product to PRIZM that could actually yield you SEVERAL 'mega' cards at the same price point is kind of a no-brainer isn't it?

Basically, Prizm is a Chrome wannabe and at the same price yet nowhere near the same level of possible return. That's why I dislike Panini. How can it be fun when you're getting raped...
If you don't care about flipping the product why should it matter? You just said that you don't care about making money on Chrome. Chrome is now more than Prizm. Does that mean that Topps sucks now too?
Old 01-31-2013, 05:25 PM   #71 (permalink)

football has chrome, while basketball does not. i doubt these cards will be worth as much as topps chrome. for basketball collectors, prizm is the closest thing to chrome out there and most of the other releases so far for hoops this year are mediocre and filled with d-leaguers/not great designed products. that is why everybody is liking the prizm cards until NT comes out. football collectors have plenty of quality products from topps, UD, and panini compared to the few good products for hoops.
patchgenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:42 PM   #72 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchgenie View Post
football has chrome, while basketball does not. i doubt these cards will be worth as much as topps chrome. for basketball collectors, prizm is the closest thing to chrome out there and most of the other releases so far for hoops this year are mediocre and filled with d-leaguers/not great designed products. that is why everybody is liking the prizm cards until NT comes out. football collectors have plenty of quality products from topps, UD, and panini compared to the few good products for hoops.
Get out of here with your damned logic.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:23 PM   #73 (permalink)

Luck gold going to break the $1,000 plane soon. GG.
Bucket: http://s5.beta.photobucket.com/user/ejdacanay/library/Cards%20and%20Jazz
DUCKanay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:37 PM   #74 (permalink)

Should I buy these now before the price jumps up even higher?

Only $3K... what a steal!!!
Aaron Rodgers 2012 Panini Prizm Brilliance Gold Refractor Parallel SP 1 10 1 1 | eBay

$2,300 4/10 = Favre's old number 1/1
Aaron Rodgers 2012 Panini Prizm Brilliance Gold Refractor Parallel SP 1 10 1 1 | eBay
TheHelmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:40 PM   #75 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

Love it or hate it. This product will carry itself well if not better then the PMG's(some are just to young to remember PMG's). Obviously not ridiculous like some sellers are hoping but will be decent. I love reading the butt hurt postings about what people do with their or how to spend their money. What is wrong with people having excitement. Jesus whine whine whine..

edit- I think greed brings hate. The same sellers that buy cards for 500 one week and ask 3500 the next are just mad they can not buy in low then rape you later. It is also drawing people away from their overpriced board so they are doubly butt hurt

Last edited by wheeler281; 01-31-2013 at 06:44 PM.
wheeler281 is offline   Reply With Quote