Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 06:41 PM   #76 (permalink)

What did the Luck gold refractor AUTO from Chrome sell for?
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:46 PM   #77 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyangryfella View Post
What did the Luck gold refractor AUTO from Chrome sell for?
$2000+ what's your point?
BlueReloaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:54 PM   #78 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueReloaded View Post
$2000+ what's your point?
What's your problem?

And my point is, why is a non-auto'd card limited to the same number from an arguably more inferior product selling for anywhere near the same price...
Old 01-31-2013, 06:56 PM   #79 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

who fracking cares. This stock btw is better then Chrome and they look better. To each their own.
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." -QB John Elway On Jack Lambert(1983)
wheeler281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:00 PM   #80 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler281 View Post
who fracking cares. This stock btw is better then Chrome and they look better. To each their own.
I don't, or rather I shouldn't, but I believe it's all driven from the hype and greed of the basketball ones, which themselves were manipulated.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:00 PM   #81 (permalink)

Quote:
What's your problem?

And my point is, why is a non-auto'd card limited to the same number from an arguably more inferior product selling for anywhere near the same price...
Half is not "near the same price". A $1000 difference is not the same price. Keep hating on the product just to hate.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:03 PM   #82 (permalink)

Quote:
Half is not "near the same price". A $1000 difference is not the same price. Keep hating on the product just to hate.
You didn't give a concrete answer or proof of the figure you threw out, and it's $1000 with FOUR DAYS TO GO, right? So the chances are it'll get close or even go above.

I'm not going to bother with you anymore, you show no logic and are just blindly defending the product, and I have no idea why.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:06 PM   #83 (permalink)

Quote:
You didn't give a concrete answer or proof of the figure you threw out, and it's $1000 with FOUR DAYS TO GO, right? So the chances are it'll get close or even go above.

I'm not going to bother with you anymore, you show no logic and are just blindly defending the product, and I have no idea why.
FYI here's your "Proof", nothing you couldn't do yourself...

http://www.ebay.com/csc/Football-/21...H_Sold=1&rt=nc
Old 01-31-2013, 07:07 PM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
I would argue that Chrome is one of the best looking designs of the year, Prizm is BORING. Topps did a great job showcasing the photography and still having a great looking simple border. The only bad part about Chrome is the rookies who arent at the premiere.

I mean, I definitely need ROOKIE spelled out in huge letters on every Prizm rookie card, as I have completely forgotten who is who after 25 products.

At least if you are going to make a cheap knock off of Chrome, do it well. These stickers and designs with the big white box behind the stickers are horrid.

My Cordarrelle Patterson Collection: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/Gellman/a/cordarrelle-patterson
deltapi1049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:12 PM   #85 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

haters gonna hate as my preteen says.

Just kills me the bitching being spewed by people liking the product. We get it a few do not like it. Like kids that do not get their way and want to just keep trouncing on that dead horse. The product is obviously being well received.

it is ok to have diff taste but trying to trash the product and call people stupid(some are)is silly

I think Kate Upton is a pig however she must be doing something right and I do not brow beat the millions that lover her
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." -QB John Elway On Jack Lambert(1983)

Last edited by wheeler281; 01-31-2013 at 08:18 PM.
wheeler281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:51 PM   #86 (permalink)

Quote:

Just kills me the bitching being spewed by people liking the product. We get it a few do not like it. Like kids that do not get their way and want to just keep trouncing on that dead horse. The product is obviously being well received.

it is ok to have diff taste but trying to trash the product and call people stupid(some are)is silly

I think Kate Upton is a pig however she must be doing something right and I do not brow beat the millions that lover her
thats how i feel, to me this should be looked at as ust another likable product. nobody from basketball got manipulated, they just liked it. people from football will generally like it too, its a small % of collectors who use a forum.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:53 PM   #87 (permalink)

Quote:
I agree on all four points.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:17 PM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:

Somebody agrees with me on this??? Yes!! I think she resembles a refrigerator with nice boobs!

PC: Zach Ertz Philadelphia Eagles
Divino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:01 PM   #89 (permalink)
Banned

Kate Upton is a nice girl, don't be hating on anything.

Go Blue, and go Michigan fans everywhere.
AsInHowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:22 PM   #90 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

I like the 1/1s albeit they remind me of topps finest mosaic. the gold non auto /10 are different I get that, BUT.........

As mentioned, a Luck Strata non auto 1/10 parallel brought 53 BUCKS...his gold prizm is riding 1,000...why? they are both the same card yet one is shiny and has gold finish. Both new products, both #/10..why is one worth 20 times the other? I do not get it, are BKB guys speculating on football cards thinking these will keep going up? I mean what is it?

To me as a buyer, I see this and instantly question what is going on...
Razorsharp79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:24 PM   #91 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorsharp79 View Post
I like the 1/1s albeit they remind me of topps finest mosaic. the gold non auto /10 are different I get that, BUT.........

As mentioned, a Luck Strata non auto 1/10 parallel brought 53 BUCKS...his gold prizm is riding 1,000...why? they are both the same card yet one is shiny and has gold finish. Both new products, both #/10..why is one worth 20 times the other? I do not get it, are BKB guys speculating on football cards thinking these will keep going up? I mean what is it?

I actually find you to be an intelligent person. That is why it's so confusing to me why you are having a problem grasping what is going on here.

It's not that complicated. More people want the Prizm /10 than wanted that Strata /10. It's that simple. Why are you trying to make it complicated?
Old 01-31-2013, 11:29 PM   #92 (permalink)

Strata parallels were horribly done. If you aren't looking for it, you can miss a Strata parallel because the two small color boxes on the border don't stand out like Chrome or Prizm.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:32 PM   #93 (permalink)

Quote:
Strata parallels were horribly done. If you aren't looking for it, you can miss a Strata parallel because the two small color boxes on the border don't stand out like Chrome or Prizm.
Strata base 1/1's are so weak looking.
Andrew Luck
HBMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:44 PM   #94 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorsharp79 View Post

Aren't you a flipper? You'll bet your ROI vs anybody else on making a profit off cards? Not bashing you, I'm sure you make good money off cards, but apples to apples...topps strata was one of the worst products of the year imo, but it was hot...to each their own...strata to /10 goes for 53 BUCKS...but chrome red /25 (higher print) goes for HUNDREDS, but one is shiny and one looks like garbage. As a collector I would thing something's up...No, one is more sought after than the other hence a prizm gold is more sought after than any strata #'ed /10.

I laugh at these threads b/c of the people not the cards...Hey guys we collect cardboard...none of it is worth anything...its paper with pictures on it...The gold fb won't sell as much as basketball b/c all the people getting upset prizm fb is here are the exact lowballers who collect fb. Again forget cards...I pity humanity...Gold jacket, green jacket, who gives a sh!t!
crm44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:20 AM   #95 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiegel View Post
thats how i feel, to me this should be looked at as ust another likable product. nobody from basketball got manipulated, they just liked it. people from football will generally like it too, its a small % of collectors who use a forum.
I think he meant basketball cards have a known group of guys that manipulate the prices on Ebay. No idea if that happened with Prizm or not.
trixstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:51 AM   #96 (permalink)

Snagged this for $60

2012 Prizm Gold Refractor Jarius Wright 3 10 Vikings | eBay

and now i see a new one...

Jarius Wright 2012 Panini Prizm Rookie Gold Refractor Parallel SP 7 10 | eBay

think i got a decent deal
lrogge1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:07 AM   #97 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
I actually find you to be an intelligent person. That is why it's so confusing to me why you are having a problem grasping what is going on here.

It's not that complicated. More people want the Prizm /10 than wanted that Strata /10. It's that simple. Why are you trying to make it complicated?
I understand that, but one is 53, the other is 1,000.....as a buyer you look at that and ask yourself why...and I cannot explain it, to me a red flag pops up...if these Luck golds came out and fetched 100 bucks each how many cases of prizm you think would be sold this week? Not many... now if a luck gold comes out and sells for 1,000+ how many cases you think are sold? hmmm a #@#@#@#@ing boatload.... so to think these auctions are clean and clear 100% legit is IMO a little naive.....i understand the hype is huge, more so than strata...but take all the hype away, they are the same card with different design and the design is not 950 more worth of design...

This card IMO is his best #/10 card in existence...more so than chrome gold auto

2012 Topps Finest Andrew Luck Atomic Red Refractor Auto /10

sold for 821 bucks LMAO..and a gold non auto /10 is bringing what again...love watching the madness....oops i mean the manipulation haha

and this one sold for 865 haha...these two are his best /10 cards in existence. yet a /10 gold non auto is bringin more haha...love it...

Last edited by Razorsharp79; 02-01-2013 at 01:10 AM.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:10 AM   #98 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrogge1979 View Post
you found a reasonable seller who is a member here...glad you got a pc card and did not get hosed...
Old 02-01-2013, 01:20 AM   #99 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm44 View Post
Aren't you a flipper? You'll bet your ROI vs anybody else on making a profit off cards? Not bashing you, I'm sure you make good money off cards, but apples to apples...topps strata was one of the worst products of the year imo, but it was hot...to each their own...strata to /10 goes for 53 BUCKS...but chrome red /25 (higher print) goes for HUNDREDS, but one is shiny and one looks like garbage. As a collector I would thing something's up...No, one is more sought after than the other hence a prizm gold is more sought after than any strata #'ed /10.

I laugh at these threads b/c of the people not the cards...Hey guys we collect cardboard...none of it is worth anything...its paper with pictures on it...The gold fb won't sell as much as basketball b/c all the people getting upset prizm fb is here are the exact lowballers who collect fb. Again forget cards...I pity humanity...Gold jacket, green jacket, who gives a sh!t!
comparing apples to apples...

strata new product
prizm new product

Please see my other post above #97...and yeah I flip cards to build my collection with better cards.

the strata to me looks better than the prizm gold with ROOKIE staring at you as if you were blind and did not know after 20 releases these guys were rookies...i actually have a fleener /10 strata green haha...it is not that bad
Old 02-01-2013, 01:21 AM   #100 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrogge1979 View Post
I sold you the one for 60... maybe i under sold?

But im pretty happy with getting 60 for it

and i got 65 for jaqizzzz rogers

will never come close to basketball.. Still they do better than most inserts..

i had 3 cases broke at my shop.. i opened about 6-7

2 luck autos
rg3 auto 99
trent auto
martin auto
mike walace auto to 5
jared allen auto #3

2 luck refractors
1-2 rg ref

3 golds per case

some nice reds..

everyone seemed happy..

of course my box price was only 90 bucks..

MUSEUM COLLECTION FRAME METAL
STAN MUSIAL AUTOGRAPH
kyle1707 is offline   Reply With Quote