Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2009, 05:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Panini/Donruss have done a tremendous job with FB

I think with Panini's takeover of the company we see a little more butter on the bread with each product released.

I know it's kind of sad that the hobby has sort of been torn down with redemptions, missing hits and quality control mishaps as of late, but it's my opinion that Panini is doing their best to restore good faith in the consumers by making sure you get your guaranteed hits.

They send out replacements, which to me always seem to be solid replacements, if not a better card than the original.

Upper Deck seems to have stepped up their redemption support and stuff as of late, but I like to see the care taken with the actual product release and not with the mess that was left by not taking care of business when it was time..

Panini Prestige had how many extra Kobe Autos that weren't even listed? Sure it was rushed, sure the designs aren't always the best, but that was just Panini saying thank you to their customers and giving them a reason to have faith in the company.

Football they have improved designs from past years, added some cool subsets and the guys are signing, which to me means they're actually getting paid..
cniel2924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 05:46 PM   #2 (permalink)

Panini/Donruss have never done basketball cards so I think that plays into why they seem too much like the football designs and such, hopefully moving forward they will come out with more unique designs and cards that rivaled Exquisite etc...As far as Football I think it has been pretty stellar, any complaints or comments you would like to share?
Old 10-30-2009, 05:46 PM   #3 (permalink)

Certified and Absolute seem to be the best they've been in awhile, and the big update was having all the Freshman Fabric cards autographed, whereas a couple years ago you could get a single jersey swatch numbered to like 750.
Zacky1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 05:50 PM   #4 (permalink)

I have to agree that they have done a great job, especially with customer service. They have given me nice replacements such as a DeSean Jackson auto diecut to 24 from Elite for 2 Eric Wrights to 100 and an Antonio Pittman to 5. Definately a much better card.

Somehow a prize from their Facebook quizes during Nationals got lost. A Nicks 8x10 auto and replaced it with Mike Wallace and I'm a Steelers fan. So yes, big applause to Panini.

HOF Auto needs (276/287): www.freewebs.com/wju2004
wju2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 05:52 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wju2004 View Post
I have to agree that they have done a great job, especially with customer service. They have given me nice replacements such as a DeSean Jackson auto diecut to 24 from Elite for 2 Eric Wrights to 100 and an Antonio Pittman to 5. Definately a much better card.

Somehow a prize from their Facebook quizes during Nationals got lost. A Nicks 8x10 auto and replaced it with Mike Wallace and I'm a Steelers fan. So yes, big applause to Panini.
I never catch them (the Facebook contests) in time...lol.
Old 10-30-2009, 05:53 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacky1053 View Post
Certified and Absolute seem to be the best they've been in awhile, and the big update was having all the Freshman Fabric cards autographed, whereas a couple years ago you could get a single jersey swatch numbered to like 750.
Definitely seems like Panini is adding extra oomph with their wallet, Donruss is still basically the same company(never had any issues with them), now they are just backed with some real quality money

Not sure how it all works out, but I know that the products are superior. I see the effort personally and I think it deserves some praise and attention from collectors.

Maybe they're oversaturating the market as some would say, but I don't think so at all, I think it's just proper quality control and delivering on your product.

Have there been any delays for their Football releases under Panini?
Old 10-30-2009, 05:56 PM   #7 (permalink)

I really want to open a box of 09 Limited, for 80 bucks it seems like a killer box all types of potential pulls. That's my next purchase
Old 10-30-2009, 06:02 PM   #8 (permalink)

Some of the designs are a little too busy for me and that's coming from somebody that really likes flashy stuff. As far as content and quality control? I think Panini is doing very well. I enjoyed 09 Absolute and I'm loving me some 09 Limited. I don't expect Panini to get better and better but if they do? without slacking in the middle? Then good for them and good for us as customers. I support them.
rudyjustinfarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 06:13 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cniel2924 View Post
Football they have improved designs from past years, added some cool subsets
uhhh, limited looks like certified, which looks like absolute, whcih looks like the 2006, 2007 and 2008 versions of those products.

most of the designs have been either too similar or very distracting. and they seem to have screwed up NT and contenders as well with those awful streaking/bubbling on-card autos.
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 06:23 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjustinfarrell View Post
Some of the designs are a little too busy for me and that's coming from somebody that really likes flashy stuff. As far as content and quality control? I think Panini is doing very well. I enjoyed 09 Absolute and I'm loving me some 09 Limited. I don't expect Panini to get better and better but if they do? without slacking in the middle? Then good for them and good for us as customers. I support them.
I can't wait to see their upcoming releases, there is definitely need for constructive criticism and work on designs, but Panini has shown from the beginning that they seem willing to listen to customers.

I don't expect them to get better and better, but they have moved in a positive direction even if it isn't some drastic change. Recently I had a rather poor box of certified and I made this thread with that being my last break from Panini
Old 10-30-2009, 06:27 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradolson View Post
uhhh, limited looks like certified, which looks like absolute, whcih looks like the 2006, 2007 and 2008 versions of those products.

most of the designs have been either too similar or very distracting. and they seem to have screwed up NT and contenders as well with those awful streaking/bubbling on-card autos.
I haven't seen that yet dang, pics?
Old 10-30-2009, 07:31 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:

Agreed, 100% this is not a good year for them.

My Cordarrelle Patterson Collection: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/Gellman/a/cordarrelle-patterson
deltapi1049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 07:50 PM   #13 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

how can Absolute be good when it's almost $150 for 4 hits right?
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 08:02 PM   #14 (permalink)

I agree, Panini rules. Best company out there.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:12 PM   #15 (permalink)

Thumbs up

I love what Paninis doing! At first I heard that they weren't re-releasing Leaf Limited, but was later surprised to hear that they were, and that they just stripped the Limited off the name. Looks great and I'm already looking forward to 2010 product!
Old 10-30-2009, 09:18 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fm8418 View Post
how can Absolute be good when it's almost $150 for 4 hits right?
For awhile now, Absolute has been a $125-$150 box...so the price is no surprise, but the quality of hits IMO are better than they ever have been.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:32 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:

I would have to agree with this. Yes, a few more hits but nothing new and not much of an effort for on card auto's. Plus the cards do not seem to hold there value.

s758.photobucket.com/albums/xx224/djohns300/Trade/
djohns30 is offline   Reply With Quote