Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 01:06 AM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMC View Post
There's no legal leg to stand on, with their wording on the sell sheets saying essentially "Subject to change", there's no way you can claim false advertising. Due diligence has already been done.
Do they not have to advertise any 'change'? Hell, why don't they promise a 1/1 in each pack and use that disclaimer... Just seems wayyyyy too easy/BS for them to be able to.
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:39 AM   #77 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyangryfella View Post
Do they not have to advertise any 'change'? Hell, why don't they promise a 1/1 in each pack and use that disclaimer... Just seems wayyyyy too easy/BS for them to be able to.
Welcome to the modern era of law. Consumers cannot claim ignorance thanks to phrases like that. Why do you think so many appliances have so many labels on them (at least in the US)?

"Subject to change" implies that it could change, implying something is not the same as guaranteeing it.

No judge worth a damn would hear this anyway, it's so superfluous in the grand scheme of things that you'd be laughed out of court.
Andrew Luck
HBMC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:45 AM   #78 (permalink)
Banned

I really wanted a box of this too but when I found out it was going for around 140? no way, not for what you get or wont get.
And I was having to talk myself into even thinking about buying another Panini product after pulliing so many damn redemptions over the last couple years. I love opening the seal to the box in anticipation of great hits for over 100.00 but its quickly over once you start plucking redemptions and no-names over and over again. Im done, back to buying singles in building PC.

Last edited by Trueduckfan; 02-08-2013 at 01:51 AM.
Trueduckfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:50 AM   #79 (permalink)

Panini treats you guys this way for the same reason tons of people on here are slow shippers....................Because they can. Plain and simple. I know nobody likes to hear reality around these parts but it dont change the fact that its the truth. Until people stop buying Panini will never change. And with all do respect. Why should they? They keep making money even though they treat thier customers like crap. They have no incentive to try harder. They get paid no matter what.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:31 AM   #80 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to rednecksims

Anyone thought about a BBB claim? Enough of those and they will be hurt. Its easy enough to get enough case crackers together and not buy a product like NT and they would feel the hurt. It would also send a message to the outlets carrying their products who in turn call them and have more pull.

David
rednecksims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:08 AM   #81 (permalink)

REALLY GOOD IDEA

we should get enough ppl as possible to not buy 1 product...

its getting a bit ridiculous the #@#@#@#@ they do
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednecksims View Post
Anyone thought about a BBB claim? Enough of those and they will be hurt. Its easy enough to get enough case crackers together and not buy a product like NT and they would feel the hurt. It would also send a message to the outlets carrying their products who in turn call them and have more pull.

David
jbmets95 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:15 AM   #82 (permalink)

any boycott is really only going to hurt the distributors since they buy from panini and sell to you.

You would have to get a big distributor onboard with a boycott of one panini product.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:08 AM   #83 (permalink)
Banned

No one is making you buy the products.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:17 AM   #84 (permalink)

I love these threads.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:19 AM   #85 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
That is just load of you know what...

It is like getting food poisoning at a restaurant... "no body told you to eat there"..

or getting a defective car..."no body told you to buy that car"....

There is a minimum level of consumer expectation... and while not in this hobby yet... it is already in many industries... such as the lemon law, the passenger bill of rights for air travel, and more....

When a big company advertise a product in certain way, they should do their best to deliver on that promise... 2 on-card auto advertised, and I have seen zero on card auto per box...

There are a lot of money being pumped into this industry where all involved parties such as the NFL, the card company and the distributors should take a look at the business practices... it would be smart of them to self govern before something drastic is done...

As many said, stop buying and they will know... fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me... Panini took away the MAPP policy because they know we as consumers did not tolerate that policy... so it changed...

We now need to give Panini a message that we will not tolerate BS advertising...
wegoingsizzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:34 AM   #86 (permalink)

Quote:
Maybe we need to go back to all sticker autos so the pissing and moaning about redemptions and false advertising will go away.
Andrew Luck
Old 02-08-2013, 11:40 AM   #87 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

I'll take 5 sticker auto's over 1 Chrome Auto.
Astronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:19 PM   #88 (permalink)

It's too bad both Topps and Panini just don't shut it down for several months and try and catch up on redemptions. Still I'm sure players would stiff them, forget to show up and lose stuff. ALways easy to blame the card company. But a lot of times its players. Several horror stories about players/agents screwing over Topps and Panini. All of a sudden wanting more money ect...We all know a lot of agents are total d bags. But players just follow them around like sheep, doing whatever they say.
NFL should cut them some slack on huge fees they pay and let them try and catch up.

Then I'm sure we would have people here crying about nothing new to break ect.

Last edited by pnft17; 02-08-2013 at 01:04 PM.
pnft17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:56 PM   #89 (permalink)

Remember 2012 Golden Age baseball, with Panini promoting the Titanic relics and buy back autos??? Take a look on ebay and see how many have been up....I will save you the time, there have been 0. They obviously had to throw in the Secretariat saddles because they couldn't get any Titanic pieces. And this product has been out 2 months now.

Being a Panini case breaker, it's said to say, but unless things change drastically, after my current pre-orders are filled I'm not doing anymore Panini.

I almost called BBB on an issue last year with them, maybe it's time a bunch of us should try it. Maybe the bad publicity will get them to change, as I'm sure Panini has people trolling these boards
Tylerg30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:58 PM   #90 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astronix View Post
haha, depends on who that 1 is vs those 5...
Razorsharp79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:53 PM   #91 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astronix View Post
Ok, I'll trade you 5 Contenders scrub sticker autos for a Luck Chrome Prism Refractor auto
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:56 PM   #92 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wegoingsizzler View Post
That is just load of you know what...

It is like getting food poisoning at a restaurant... "no body told you to eat there"..

or getting a defective car..."no body told you to buy that car"....

There is a minimum level of consumer expectation... and while not in this hobby yet... it is already in many industries... such as the lemon law, the passenger bill of rights for air travel, and more....

When a big company advertise a product in certain way, they should do their best to deliver on that promise... 2 on-card auto advertised, and I have seen zero on card auto per box...

There are a lot of money being pumped into this industry where all involved parties such as the NFL, the card company and the distributors should take a look at the business practices... it would be smart of them to self govern before something drastic is done...

As many said, stop buying and they will know... fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me... Panini took away the MAPP policy because they know we as consumers did not tolerate that policy... so it changed...

We now need to give Panini a message that we will not tolerate BS advertising...
Everyone bitches and moans about....

On card vs. sticker autos
product delays
redemptions
quality
resale value

Just stop opening, that's the easiest solution. I've stopped nearly cold turkey and haven't been happier. Constantly seeing my friends get CRUSHED, reenforces to me that my stance is correct.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:00 PM   #93 (permalink)

Quote:
Everyone bitches and moans about....

On card vs. sticker autos
product delays
redemptions
quality
resale value

Just stop opening, that's the easiest solution. I've stopped nearly cold turkey and haven't been happier. Constantly seeing my friends get CRUSHED, reenforces to me that my stance is correct.

Don't you know it's many collectors happy zone to sit and bitch and moan about cards. But they just go and buy more and do same thing over and over again. It makes them happy. Why else would they continue the cycle. If they really hated as much as they say they would move on to something else.
pnft17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:12 PM   #94 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyangryfella View Post
Ok, I'll trade you 5 Contenders scrub sticker autos for a Luck Chrome Prism Refractor auto
I'll trade you a black Refractor auto of Juron Criner for Fleener, Kirk Cousins, Alfred Morris, Mo Claiborne & Greg Zuerlien stickers. Two can play that game.
Andrew Luck
Old 02-08-2013, 05:26 PM   #95 (permalink)

Doesnt panini have something like "cards are subject to change"?. So in theory they can put sticker autos instead of on card autos because it is subject to change.
EmtinHawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:32 PM   #96 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmtinHawaii View Post
Doesnt panini have something like "cards are subject to change"?. So in theory they can put sticker autos instead of on card autos because it is subject to change.
Yes they do but why aren't they obligated to make consumers aware of any changes that may occur. Panini has a press release for every time Hackler farts so why not release one with the updated changes?
hofmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:49 PM   #97 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hofmichael View Post
Yes they do but why aren't they obligated to make consumers aware of any changes that may occur. Panini has a press release for every time Hackler farts so why not release one with the updated changes?
Find me one example of this where said retailer is obligated to do that. I'd love to see one.
Andrew Luck
Old 02-08-2013, 09:00 PM   #98 (permalink)
Banned

Well I just busted 4 boxes of Contenders. Like the design, loved the plethora of sticker autos as well.....last box I got two redemptions...OF ROBERT TURBIN, and TWO JONATHAN MARTIN autos, one variation....haha...was fun, had a blast

i pulled two on cards that were not redemption. a nick toon redemption on card?
Razorsharp79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:54 PM   #99 (permalink)

The easiest way to stop busting boxes is this. Before you place an order online or go to your LCS or local show do this first. Come on here and go in the box break section. Read some threads about the products you are looking to purchase. If, after reading these threads you still go and buy the boxes then you get what you deserve. If you do stupid things, you should expect stupid results.