Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 05:39 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnb0123 View Post
Check luck, Griffin, Richardson, Blackmon, Martin, Weeden ect... Tell me why all there refractors are on card autos, and Wilsons are not. The Variation auto refractor is a different story, those are always sticker for every player.
OK, thats where im wrong! I thought variation was the same as colored refractors, my bad.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:41 PM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by storm View Post
Pretty sure it was twitter, but youre the dumb one if you overpaid sight unseen
I pulled mine from a pack and expected an on card auto. As mentioned above, the base and refractor autos for the majority of signers in Topps Chrome were on card. It's absurd that Topps delayed this long to send out sticker autos.
Current Needs: Drew Bledsoe 2009 BTL Auto's O,T; Buybacks; Butler Bulldogs (Gordon Hayward, Shelvin Mack, Matt Howard); Looking for the following: Alfonzo Dennard '12 TC Superfractor; Chandler Jones '12 TC and Bowman Sterling Superfractors; Please PM me with details
ssbledsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:55 PM   #53 (permalink)

How dumb is that... WTF Topps
Old 02-07-2013, 06:00 PM   #54 (permalink)

Edit: Someone already told him the difference. Nvm.

Still mad tho, hahahahah.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:25 PM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
So are you saying that they didn't have time to re print these cards before there in person signing last week?? This is a crap excuse. Topps took the easy/cheap way out on this one.
How could they? The plates were prob already packed out with the product
armyatc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:31 PM   #56 (permalink)

Didnt topps tweet something that he signed his five star cards and that these are just left over sticker autos...
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:03 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Would u not be under the assumption that a top 3 player in Topps Chrome would have on card autos?? Not to mention we have waited over 3 months on him because he was a redemption in the product to receive sticker autos. I don't care if I spent big money or not, this is a lazy and cheap move by Topps. They said it themselves, they used stickers because they had them in inventory! So why are they redemption's and why are they just now being made?
They had to wait until the Blue Wave packs were ready to send the cards out anyway and those might not even be ready. You would not have got the redemption earlier either way as they are waiting on blue wave.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:52 PM   #58 (permalink)

Need to remember, when Topps set the chrome set up months in advance Wilson was far from a top 3 rookie.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:13 PM   #59 (permalink)
Banned

Topps is trying to defend this lol
JonMead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:18 PM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by storm View Post
Need to remember, when Topps set the chrome set up months in advance Wilson was far from a top 3 rookie.
Same with Mahommed Sanu but all his autos are on-card. I've got no skin in the game (I haven't redeemed any Wilson Chrome autos) but I just think this is blatantly stupid of topps to do and I don't see how you can defend it.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/drew306
drew306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:29 PM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew306 View Post
Same with Mahommed Sanu but all his autos are on-card. I've got no skin in the game (I haven't redeemed any Wilson Chrome autos) but I just think this is blatantly stupid of topps to do and I don't see how you can defend it.
Trust me im not defending it now, i had thought the refractors were considered variations so figured when i bought and redeemed it would be the sticker anyway (as i said i had read the varaiations would be stickers). Now that I know its not the case, I can see the reason for some outrage.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:32 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew306 View Post
Simple, the cards have been made and the redemptions will be filled, they've upheld their end of the deal. If this was a scrubby player, no one would care this much.

This is tough play for any company to try to do:

1. Do they make their customers wait an inordinate amount of time to fulfill the card, but it be on-card?

That'd be a bitch fest of supernovae proportions. (a la, Julio Jones)

2. Slap stickers on them and pack them out?

Only to catch hell like they are.

They cannot win in this scenario.

PS. I'm pretty sure Wilson is a group B (maybe C) auto, so he's going to have a lot more autos than a Group A
Andrew Luck
HBMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:43 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMC View Post
Simple, the cards have been made and the redemptions will be filled, they've upheld their end of the deal. If this was a scrubby player, no one would care this much.

This is tough play for any company to try to do:

1. Do they make their customers wait an inordinate amount of time to fulfill the card, but it be on-card?

That'd be a bitch fest of supernovae proportions. (a la, Julio Jones)

2. Slap stickers on them and pack them out?

Only to catch hell like they are.

They cannot win in this scenario.

PS. I'm pretty sure Wilson is a group B (maybe C) auto, so he's going to have a lot more autos than a Group A

I'm going to say this one more time. They had a signing with Russell Wilson a week ago. They said today that the reason they used stickers is because they had stickers in inventory! It's bulls crap. These cards could've easily been taken to this signing.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:41 PM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm going to say this one more time. They had a signing with Russell Wilson a week ago. They said today that the reason they used stickers is because they had stickers in inventory! It's bulls crap. These cards could've easily been taken to this signing.
I think some are upset and thought it would be oncard because a) other rookies were on-card and b) they were redemptions

redemptions being the key as RW had live autos in chrome that were the sticker variety, so if they had planned on it being sticker and had sticker inventory and had stickers la ready in product, why not make RW a LIVE sticker auto when released... no reason for redemption then, hence why most everyone figured they would be oncard
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZbre...QQfsooZ1QQrdZ0
brentandbecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:49 PM   #65 (permalink)

well this being said im selling my 2 russell wilson topps chrome auto redemptions then. f that i didnt buy a black refractor auto to get a sticker wow. so pisses me off. f this. i already redeemed one. wow topps this is along the lines of panini standards. you fail topps. NOW I QQ
sals_cardz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:20 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbledsoe View Post
I pulled mine from a pack and expected an on card auto. As mentioned above, the base and refractor autos for the majority of signers in Topps Chrome were on card. It's absurd that Topps delayed this long to send out sticker autos.
I just posted this in another thread, but I have contacted the VP and CEO personally through a connection. I would strongly recommend that all of you upset with this let Topps know via Twitter and email immediately today. It takes two minutes and the decision-makers will be much more inclined to change the current path if they know I'm not the only guy (respectfully) complaining.

Those of us who collected these redemptions all believed these were on-card autographs - that's why they were so valuable. While Topps certainly has no obligation to ensure their cards have a certain "value," I do think there's an obligation to proactively let collectors know that one of the most desired rookies will not be signing on card, particularly when it's a redemption.
Hugemojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:26 PM   #67 (permalink)

I think sticker autos shouldn't even exist. If they can sign a sticker they can sign a card. Works just fine with Bowman Chrome baseball. I paid money for my redemption assuming it was going to be on card. I am beyond mad but not surprised. It is how Topps does business lately.
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:41 PM   #68 (permalink)
Banned

Wow I'm pissed I have 4 Wilsons incoming
808buynsell808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:50 PM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808buynsell808 View Post
Wow I'm pissed I have 4 Wilsons incoming
Like I said, make the effort to let them know. It's your only way to possibly make a difference, even it's a small chance.
Old 02-17-2013, 02:54 PM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugemojo View Post
Like I said, make the effort to let them know. It's your only way to possibly make a difference, even it's a small chance.
Small chance indeed. They filled their obligation as far as they are concerned. They don't understand that the reason TC sells so well is due to on card. It has made it the flagship. Otherwise it will just be a tad nicer Strata. They just don't seem to be in touch with their customer base. I would have rather waited a few more months for an on card.
Old 02-17-2013, 02:57 PM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
Small chance indeed. They filled their obligation as far as they are concerned. They don't understand that the reason TC sells so well is due to on card. It has made it the flagship. Otherwise it will just be a tad nicer Strata. They just don't seem to be in touch with their customer base. I would have rather waited a few more months for an on card.
Well, because this is such a narrow complaint (regarding one card in one product), enough complaints might result in something. It took me longer to write this than it would to shoot them a quick email or tweet and this post certainly isn't going to solve anything.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:17 PM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugemojo View Post
Well, because this is such a narrow complaint (regarding one card in one product), enough complaints might result in something. It took me longer to write this than it would to shoot them a quick email or tweet and this post certainly isn't going to solve anything.
Agreed, I'll do my part. Wasn't criticizing you at all just pointing out the probable futility in reasoning with a company that does not care.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:36 PM   #73 (permalink)

I think the SP Authentic Wilson patch autos will now be worth more. Even though they're numbered to 885..
coltsnsox07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:42 PM   #74 (permalink)
Banned

I don't do twitter, so does anyone have an email for anyone at topps?
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:57 PM   #75 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsnsox07 View Post
I think the SP Authentic Wilson patch autos will now be worth more. Even though they're numbered to 885..
/885 not much worth worrying about value wise...if it were /99 then it would be a different story...
Razorsharp79 is offline   Reply With Quote