Blowout Cards Forums
ebay event 8.25.14

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 04:57 PM   #76 (permalink)

I have been tweeting, facebooking and emailing, along with calling - waiting on 2 wilsons and a bunch of LaMichael James - not to mention the Blue Wave pack.

Isn't it ironic that we are waiting on the blue wave packs to be produced, which were the compensation for these redemptions even existing?

BTwitter em up with Blue Wave and Wilson questions.
billmendez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:39 PM   #77 (permalink)

And I could of gotten $1250 for my gold redemption...%#^* me! I redeemed hoping for a sweet PC card to grade, chance at 3/10, and the last thing I thought was a sticker. Once again I get taken to the woodshed on these redemptions. They held my Hosmer until it went from $550 to $200. Now this? But don't fret, I will keep buying...I may have seriously had enough of this bullcrap.

BUY SILVER, HOLD SILVER, SELL SILVER, REPEAT...

This is one on the better cards I have pulled in the 10s of thousands spent annually and it gets dicked with. EFFEW TOPPS...YOU TOO PANINI!

Brian Gray only guy to show me any customer service. What does that say about the hobby? I am about to join pack searchers because apparently they are the only ones who do not keep losing.

Let's hear it from all those who cannot wait to tell me to stop whining. Topps fulfilled their promise. I was not promised a non sticker, blah blah blobity blah
kevinandji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:55 PM   #78 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by billmendez View Post
I have been tweeting, facebooking and emailing, along with calling - waiting on 2 wilsons and a bunch of LaMichael James - not to mention the Blue Wave pack.

Isn't it ironic that we are waiting on the blue wave packs to be produced, which were the compensation for these redemptions even existing?

BTwitter em up with Blue Wave and Wilson questions.
I'm assuming they edit their Tweets since none of mine posted and last one shown from February 7th? Of course I am 43 and not a social media amateur, forget expert. The last card I was looking forward to receiving will have a nice crooked sticker on a gold /10 Topps Chrome. WTF At least I actually pulled card but if known sticker could have sold. Obviously these will not be the cards to chase. Thanks Topps...how else to have us stand in line for Valor and Five Star
kevinandji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:41 AM   #79 (permalink)

Well topps just said on twitter that all Wilson chrome cards are not complete yet, maybe that means that Gold/red/super will be on card?? I dunno why they wouldn't be done yet if they just had to slap a sticker on them. Also the blue wave packs are not done yet either, so it could be a while :/
Old 02-19-2013, 11:48 AM   #80 (permalink)

By the time these redemptions are done it will be 2014 and most of the blue waves will be useless.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:52 AM   #81 (permalink)
Banned

just another misstep topps has done first this then the classless comments about panini when the rg3 sock 1/1 was pulled
JonMead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:10 PM   #82 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonMead View Post
just another misstep topps has done first this then the classless comments about panini when the rg3 sock 1/1 was pulled
What they say.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:19 PM   #83 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackg1980 View Post
What they say.
The guy posted a tweet with the card and in the background was a panini card they said get that card away from the pollution of panini or something to those lines
Old 02-19-2013, 03:47 PM   #84 (permalink)

I was able to connect personally with the VP so hopefully that changes things. I am optimistic.
Hugemojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:01 PM   #85 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugemojo View Post
I was able to connect personally with the VP so hopefully that changes things. I am optimistic.
Interested to know what you think u can get done??
Old 02-19-2013, 04:24 PM   #86 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnb0123 View Post
Interested to know what you think u can get done??
I will say that since I spoke with him Topps has indicated that the Wilson cards are "not all complete." That's progress when it looked pretty clear that they were going to all be stickers.
Hugemojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:27 PM   #87 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugemojo View Post
I will say that since I spoke with him Topps has indicated that the Wilson cards are "not all complete." That's progress when it looked pretty clear that they were going to all be stickers.
Prob does nothing for my Camo auto, owell good luck!
Old 02-19-2013, 04:34 PM   #88 (permalink)

What a disaster..... I have the black, 1984 and 2 base and paid way more than I would have... Just like many others I assume.... Kind of a lesson learned about buying redemptions I guess.... Hopefully they hear all the backlash and make this right... They announced the cards were ready to go all happilly , as if we were going to be thrilled they were finally coming lol... Is it possible they didnt realize what a big deal it was to be sticker instead of on card??? Hoping they realize we'd rather wait a few more weeks than get a product of much lower quality than what our expectations were..... I keep tellling myself "Thank god you didnt spring for the red"... but I feel terrible for the people that did...
JimmyMac1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:34 PM   #89 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinandji View Post
I'm assuming they edit their Tweets since none of mine posted and last one shown from February 7th? Of course I am 43 and not a social media amateur, forget expert. The last card I was looking forward to receiving will have a nice crooked sticker on a gold /10 Topps Chrome. WTF At least I actually pulled card but if known sticker could have sold. Obviously these will not be the cards to chase. Thanks Topps...how else to have us stand in line for Valor and Five Star
Mine haven't been making it on there either. Guess there is a way to block angry customers like us!
Old 02-22-2013, 10:52 PM   #90 (permalink)

Any new info on the Wilsons?
Old 02-23-2013, 01:21 AM   #91 (permalink)

At least I bought mine for 30 dollars while his prices were still low!!!
Old 02-23-2013, 02:24 AM   #92 (permalink)

Have any of the redemptions been sent from this set? I have a few of each guy and haven't received a single card. JUST MAKE THE ALFRED MORRIS AUTO A REDEMPTION LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE or just slap a sticker on a Chrome auto and put it in the packs!

Morris is supposedly the only non blue wave card you can get in the packs, right?

As for Russell specifically, when they say they are "not all done yet" that just means they probably received 200 stickers from him, so a few of us will get them in the first batch, then the rest (likely me) will get them in 2014 when they get more stickers, eventhough he will have auto's in 15 products between now and when we get them back.

I have never been so pissed about something as I am with these frickin blue wave packs and redemptions that Topps was "aware of, which is why the blue wave pack programs exists"

SWEET! There were too many redemptions in the product, so now we get blue wave packs, which they can't produce in under 6 months AND a sticker auto's on top of that - can it get any better than that?
Old 02-23-2013, 02:25 AM   #93 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubble View Post
At least I bought mine for 30 dollars while his prices were still low!!!
Great buy, it sucks that the selling price will probably be closer to that $30 mark by the time anyone gets them - then the floodgates will be wide open with people listing away.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:49 AM   #94 (permalink)

Almost 2 months later....and NOTHING. Absolutely nothing.
Romans 1:16 #unashamed
Combined Feedbacks on Ebay+SCF=300+=100%(All Positive)
PDawson21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:58 AM   #95 (permalink)
Banned

Epic bump of topps fail
Old 03-22-2013, 12:05 PM   #96 (permalink)

Well I redeemed my prizm auto that I pulled the 2nd week of release. Just like so many of you I really would have thought this was a on card auto. I guess the only good thing for me is I pulled this so it only cost me the price of a box. On the bad side so many of you paid a premium for his card because its CHROME and its the cream of the crop when it comes to Topps cards as far as price you can get some of the most valuable cards for your money. But for Topps to do this (stickers) really sucks. I would much rather wait longer for an on card auto then a sticker auto.
Hardtimes2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:08 PM   #97 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardtimes2009 View Post
Well I redeemed my prizm auto that I pulled the 2nd week of release. Just like so many of you I really would have thought this was a on card auto. I guess the only good thing for me is I pulled this so it only cost me the price of a box. On the bad side so many of you paid a premium for his card because its CHROME and its the cream of the crop when it comes to Topps cards as far as price you can get some of the most valuable cards for your money. But for Topps to do this (stickers) really sucks. I would much rather wait longer for an on card auto then a sticker auto.
IMO in 5 years prizm will have equal value as chrome. Especially for r.wilson some people dropped 2k+ for the red ref auto/5 now it won't be worth half that.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:17 PM   #98 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonMead View Post
IMO in 5 years prizm will have equal value as chrome. Especially for r.wilson some people dropped 2k+ for the red ref auto/5 now it won't be worth half that.
Sorry I made a typeO it should have been Prism not Prizm.
I redemded this.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:19 PM   #99 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardtimes2009 View Post
Sorry I made a typeO it should have been Prism not Prizm.
I redemded this.
still waiting on mine too i should of never redeemed it and sold it before we found out it was on sticker. i dont even want this card now cuz its a sticker im selling or trading as soon as i get in hand unless it looks like a bgs 10
sals_cardz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:25 PM   #100 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sals_cardz View Post
still waiting on mine too i should of never redeemed it and sold it before we found out it was on sticker. i dont even want this card now cuz its a sticker im selling or trading as soon as i get in hand unless it looks like a bgs 10
I already have a couple of cards from Sterling that are STICKER auto's but the only difference between Chrome and Sterling is that Sterling the card was live not a redemption.
An like you I believe I will get mine graded also if it looks good. Again I feel really bad that Topps screwed this up.