Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 01:36 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnb0123 View Post
Honestly think the RPAs are the ugliest they have been in years.
I agree completely. My jaw dropped when I saw how stupid these look.
If it didn't say National Treasures this could easily be a Prestige or Elite product.

At least they have plenty of room for the sticker autos after they bait n switch out the on-card element like they did in Contenders. I know people love to bash panini, but I truly feel like their focus is more on Basketball, Hockey and now trying to break into the Baseball market. Football is definitely suffering, imo.
TheHelmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:54 AM   #27 (permalink)

I've already locked down a box hope to get it before April. I love these cards and being as they are one of the most prestigious on the market there really needn't be any speculation on them. Just do it.
AdamMcDermott88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:52 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnb0123 View Post
Honestly think the RPAs are the ugliest they have been in years.
I agree, all the white just makes them look too plain. I thought last years RPAs were amazing.
anttheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:42 AM   #29 (permalink)
MSD

Panini promising on card veteran and rookie autos, I can't imagine how many redemptions this will have..
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:19 PM   #30 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSD View Post
Panini promising on card veteran and rookie autos, I can't imagine how many redemptions this will have..
Not sure either, but I don't think a whole lot. It's the off season, and everybody would or should be available to sign. The on card auto's will look really good.
theautographkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:00 PM   #31 (permalink)

Don't get too excited for this, remember Prizm and Contenders.....
Frankp2311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:57 PM   #32 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankp2311 View Post
Don't get too excited for this, remember Prizm and Contenders.....
IMO both products, are pretty bad. I don't get the Prizm hype and Contenders isn't that appealing to me.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:11 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theautographkid View Post
IMO both products, are pretty bad. I don't get the Prizm hype and Contenders isn't that appealing to me.
Yea I wasnt saying dont get excited because there are better products (ie Prizm and Contenders). I was saying Panini will let you down so dont get excited for what was once the best football product to buy (NT).
Frankp2311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:20 PM   #34 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankp2311 View Post
Yea I wasnt saying dont get excited because there are better products (ie Prizm and Contenders). I was saying Panini will let you down so dont get excited for what was once the best football product to buy (NT).
I still think it's the best football product. I bought a box last year, and it was a great box.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:39 PM   #35 (permalink)
Banned

Anyone think getting a case is worth it? What about just a box or two?
Old 03-03-2013, 03:58 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm getting 2 cases from my LCS. Super stud qb class. It's worth it. This years nt football and basketball will be crazy good. Maybe the best 2 classes ever for nt
Old 03-03-2013, 04:19 PM   #37 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismiller81 View Post
I'm getting 2 cases from my LCS. Super stud qb class. It's worth it. This years nt football and basketball will be crazy good. Maybe the best 2 classes ever for nt
Both classes are going to be great. I'm kind of nervous to see what the Luck/RG3/Wilson/Kyrie Irving RPAs would go for. I can imagine, a ton of money
Old 03-03-2013, 04:23 PM   #38 (permalink)

I wouldn't touch it with a twenty foot pole, my luck I'd spend $600 and get 3 redemptions and wait around for 2 years wondering if Panini was ever going to send me the card...
Stop Givin Ebay your money/power,we can do this by ourselves & all make more $. If its close within $5 choose the guy here,let him know,form a relationship, next time maybe he cuts u deal. Jeff Janis fanclub! IF U mention ebay trying to buy my stuff and I don't know u...IGNORE LIST
tlvincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:25 PM   #39 (permalink)

Default I just threw up in mouth with laughter when I read that

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSD View Post
Any sentence that starts with "Panini promises" is almost sure to let you down or be false
Stop Givin Ebay your money/power,we can do this by ourselves & all make more $. If its close within $5 choose the guy here,let him know,form a relationship, next time maybe he cuts u deal. Jeff Janis fanclub! IF U mention ebay trying to buy my stuff and I don't know u...IGNORE LIST
Old 03-03-2013, 04:27 PM   #40 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlvincent View Post
I wouldn't touch it with a twenty foot pole, my luck I'd spend $600 and get 3 redemptions and wait around for 2 years wondering if Panini was ever going to send me the card...
I take it you have bad luck then? I'm try it to see how it is. NT is always a good product and the on card vet auto's are a lot better
Old 03-03-2013, 04:36 PM   #41 (permalink)

Default mixed

Quote:
I take it you have bad luck then? I'm try it to see how it is. NT is always a good product and the on card vet auto's are a lot better
I personally pulled 18 redemptions from panini boxes from Jan 5th to Feb.23, that was my personal limit, wrote them a letter saying I will not buy another box/pack/case until they fill the 18 cards they owe me that I already paid for, so they have cost themselves at least $1200 by now cuz all I've been buying is UD and a little Topps the past 2 weeks. So no I won't be buying any NT this year!
Old 03-03-2013, 04:42 PM   #42 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlvincent View Post
I personally pulled 18 redemptions from panini boxes from Jan 5th to Feb.23, that was my personal limit, wrote them a letter saying I will not buy another box/pack/case until they fill the 18 cards they owe me that I already paid for, so they have cost themselves at least $1200 by now cuz all I've been buying is UD and a little Topps the past 2 weeks. So no I won't be buying any NT this year!
Not even singles? I pulled about 8 in a 2 week span this year. It's kind of annoying, but it is what it is
Old 03-03-2013, 04:52 PM   #43 (permalink)

Default maybe one or two

Quote:
Not even singles? I pulled about 8 in a 2 week span this year. It's kind of annoying, but it is what it is
singles, but not a cent directly to Panini for wax, I wouldn't buy a box of contenders, limited, Absolute, etc. if you offered me one for $10 right now, thats how strongly I feel about the way they are screwing collectors with all those redemption IOU's, sure the people who only buy a few packs or just buy singles think its no big deal, also I wouldn't care if they got the cards back to you in a month or two but you are lucky if you get a card in a year. I figure my pledge will cost Panini about $20,000 by the time they fill all my redemptions/replace them, in product I would have bought over next 2 years! ONE MAN ARMY!!!
Old 03-03-2013, 05:53 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
I'll hate on NT every which way to the moon and beyond based on their design and stickers, but honestly it's been nothing but good to me.

Ordered and ripped (considered it suicide at the time) 3 cases of it last year and ended up breaking even on my investment (almost 5k)...and this was AFTER selling the Caepernick black /25 for $250 way before the season started. It was a lot of work listing all the singles, but in the end it was worth it and fun.

It's probably the best 'go big or go home' product on the market due to the sheer number of rpa's and variation rpa's, as well as vet autos and 1 of 1's. All 3 of my case hits last year were a 1/1 logo auto of some kind.

YMMV
ninjacookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:58 PM   #45 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacookies View Post
I'll hate on NT every which way to the moon and beyond based on their design and stickers, but honestly it's been nothing but good to me.

Ordered and ripped (considered it suicide at the time) 3 cases of it last year and ended up breaking even on my investment (almost 5k)...and this was AFTER selling the Caepernick black /25 for $250 way before the season started. It was a lot of work listing all the singles, but in the end it was worth it and fun.

It's probably the best 'go big or go home' product on the market due to the sheer number of rpa's and variation rpa's, as well as vet autos and 1 of 1's. All 3 of my case hits last year were a 1/1 logo auto of some kind.

YMMV
The 1/1s must have been awesome! I still have yet to buy/pull my 1st 1/1. The Kaepernick now a days, must have been a lot more. $250 isn't that bad for someone who didn't play at the time. I was only asking if it was worth it, because my dad & I were thinking about a case to buy, and break it together. I suggested this, and just want to get some opinions.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:10 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
The 1/1s must have been awesome! I still have yet to buy/pull my 1st 1/1. The Kaepernick now a days, must have been a lot more. $250 isn't that bad for someone who didn't play at the time. I was only asking if it was worth it, because my dad & I were thinking about a case to buy, and break it together. I suggested this, and just want to get some opinions.

Haha, the Kaep still hurts. : / I actually pulled a Jake Locker black rpa /25 from the case which is what really saved me (at the time), as he was one of the top 3 rookies. As per my 1'1's, they weren't really stellar names, but it's all about how you list your cards and pictures.

Here was my breakdown highlights:

jake locker rpa black /25
kaepernick rpa black /25
christian ponder gold rpa /49 (jersey numbered)
mike alstott 1/1 legends auto logo
sterling sharpe 1/1 logo
vonta leech 1/1 probowl logo (got 200 for it, miracle do happen lol)
joe montana auto patch /26

and a slew of other logo auto singles and rpa's which really start to add up.

My strategy always with national treasures is: list all the 'bigtime rookies' ASAP after ripping. Odds are they will decrease in value once the season starts unless they have an astronomical year, which is unlikely.

Then hold onto the mid and lower tier rpa's and list them at bin/best offer...because odds are you might get a pleasant surprise breakout like Kaep if you're patient enough.

I'd suggest NT over any other product for high end, just because of the sheer number of hits you'll get. It can be a hit or miss, but same with anything else you buy. If you're not in a situation where you're hurting financially, then I'd definitely recommend.
ninjacookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:15 PM   #47 (permalink)

Right out of the gate all of the NT rpas will be really hot. I remember getting $300 offers on a John Baldwin RPA and $500 offers in Demarco Murray rpas. I am doing two cases, hoping to pull a PC Card and break even. I am not too concerned about it. NT and Exquisite are two of the most fun products to bust.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:16 PM   #48 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacookies View Post
Haha, the Kaep still hurts. : / I actually pulled a Jake Locker black rpa /25 from the case which is what really saved me (at the time), as he was one of the top 3 rookies. As per my 1'1's, they weren't really stellar names, but it's all about how you list your cards and pictures.

Here was my breakdown highlights:

jake locker rpa black /25
kaepernick rpa black /25
christian ponder gold rpa /49 (jersey numbered)
mike alstott 1/1 legends auto logo
sterling sharpe 1/1 logo
vonta leech 1/1 probowl logo (got 200 for it, miracle do happen lol)
joe montana auto patch /26

and a slew of other logo auto singles and rpa's which really start to add up.

My strategy always with national treasures is: list all the 'bigtime rookies' ASAP after ripping. Odds are they will decrease in value once the season starts unless they have an astronomical year, which is unlikely.

Then hold onto the mid and lower tier rpa's and list them at bin/best offer...because odds are you might get a pleasant surprise breakout like Kaep if you're patient enough.

I'd suggest NT over any other product for high end, just because of the sheer number of hits you'll get. It can be a hit or miss, but same with anything else you buy. If you're not in a situation where you're hurting financially, then I'd definitely recommend.
Thanks a lot for the tips! I'll keep those in mind for sure. You pulled a ton of sweet 1/1s! The Alstott must have been really nice to see! I think you did pretty well with those big hits. The Locker, must have been a beauty if it was /25
Old 03-03-2013, 06:17 PM   #49 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojallad View Post
Right out of the gate all of the NT rpas will be really hot. I remember getting $300 offers on a John Baldwin RPA and $500 offers in Demarco Murray rpas. I am doing two cases, hoping to pull a PC Card and break even. I am not too concerned about it. NT and Exquisite are two of the most fun products to bust.
Thanks for the input! Wow, that much for those two?! I would of had a heart attack, if I got an offer for those cards. If I end up doing a case, or a box I'll keep a lookout for any PC cards you may like
Old 03-03-2013, 07:08 PM   #50 (permalink)

Aren't these backed up to April 10th now?
drumstyx89 is offline   Reply With Quote