Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 11:05 AM   #51 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojallad View Post
I not saying Panini sucks cause my contenders case sucked. I'm just saying Contenders sucks as it pertains to my taste. This all.

If I busted a case of Topps Chrome football and did not hit a luck or a griffin I wouldn't care. I bested prizm and didn't hit a luck, griffin, Wilson, Martin auto and I didn't care. Both were fun breaks and had different things to look forward to.

And. I agree with you Contenders should be a product that you buy single cards on eBay or here and sit on them for a while, it's kind of like prospecting with BC/BDPP baseball. Is just not for me.

Lesson learned.
Did you bust Topps Strata? far worse than contenders will ever be
Razorsharp79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:05 AM   #52 (permalink)

I think we need to find post from 2004 to now and i bet every yr someone complained about the set . This set sucks the look is terrible to many scrubs etc so on. I see it every yr. Then when the SP's come out people are like wow thats great.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:10 AM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorsharp79 View Post
Did you bust Topps Strata? far worse than contenders will ever be
1 box hated it
Old 02-08-2013, 11:10 AM   #54 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
And the reason why value is degraded is supply not my opinion of the product or the card or the sticker for that matter. The fact that there are 550 DIFFERENT Andrew Luck and over 600 RG3 autos ( so far) kills value.

There are 13 differnt Tom Brady Auto Rcs
160 or so different Eli Manning Auto Rcs
150 or so different Roethlisberger auto Rcs
30 or so different Peyton Manning autos Rc

So 600 autos of the current ROY vs 150 of the 2004 ROY

You tell me what destroys value
There are more collectors now, while I agree football has too many products they have to satisfy their customers at a reasonable cost... I wish there were only 20-30 products in football, sorta like basketball, cases would be expensive, but if the value was there it would be fine.... however if people keep buying worthless products they will keep putting them on the shelves...
Old 02-08-2013, 11:33 AM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
There are more collectors now, while I agree football has too many products they have to satisfy their customers at a reasonable cost... I wish there were only 20-30 products in football, sorta like basketball, cases would be expensive, but if the value was there it would be fine.... however if people keep buying worthless products they will keep putting them on the shelves...
AGREED! Well here is my list of Panini Football that i have opened before that I will no longer buy

Limited
Contenders
Certified
Totally Certified
Gridiron Gear
Threads
Absolute
Crown Royale
Prestige
Old 02-08-2013, 11:37 AM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
You misunderstand the intent of a Contenders release. The focus is all about the ROOKIE TICKET AUTO. There are vet autos thrown in there as well, but it has never been about the insert sets or refractors.

They added the cracked ice auto /20 and playoff ticket auto is a nice touch. And I am glad they returned to the championship ticket 1/1 auto verbiage.

And my point of bringing up Brady is people pulled him back then and said WTF, and sold him for nothing vs now.....same thing with Kaepernick....We could be doing the same thing with this year. Who really knows...?

The entitlement attitude of my case sucked so panini or topps sucks is pathetic. You want instant gratification, look at what i pulled an since you did not pull anything you are crying... Busting is gambling. Everyone knows this. Go bust 2009, 2010, 2011, there are MORE scrubs in each them. Its not like this just started this season...Wait until 2013...Omg are people gonna whine...lmao
+1..... Razor nails it! Thanks... Glad you posted this no one reads/responds to my posts.. lol.. I need to learn to summarize my thoughts instead of posting novels...

I think busting is fun when Im bored... No way do I ever expect to get my money back... besides if I hit something big there's no way Im selling it... For what? Thats what I was looking for when I bought the product to begin with.. Why the hell would I sell it immediately?

Unless you buy ONE box and got a decent auto from 1 of the big 3 its nearly impossible to turn a profit and/or get your initial money back. What would be the point of buying 4 boxes of Contenders for $560, hitting a Luck RPS, immediately selling it for $350, maybe scrounging up some other autos to scrape up another $100 or so???? In this example you got really lucky to the hit the Luck auto BUT NOW you're still down over $100 and no longer own that very Luck card you got really lucky to pull!!! I dont get that logic at all! LOL everyone collects for different reasons and I in no way think the way I do it is the CORRECT way... I just dont see how someone could complain about return results on busting wax.. (OP not aimed at you at all.. I get what you meant about Contenders specifically)...

If I bust wax and pull some autos of guys I dont collect I occasionally sell them on ebay to raise funds, but mostly so that people who do collect those guys can enjoy the cards instead of having them sit in my junk drawer for years... I posted a thread after SP authentic came out about my wonderful (sarcastic) SP Threads pack hit... a guy who informed the Texans in May of 2012 that he's decided to not play in the NFL... Well it turns out I got a PM from a guy who enjoys collecting autos from NC players... Sending it to him for free... He wants to pay for shipping, I just want him to pay it forward.. I realize some may read this and think Im coming off as snobbish/holier than thou... Its really not the case... Im just trying to get across that if money IS an issue for you, than buying hobby boxes/cases is a really good way to lose lots of money....
JimmyMac1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:40 PM   #57 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
AGREED! Well here is my list of Panini Football that i have opened before that I will no longer buy

Limited
Contenders
Certified

Totally Certified
Gridiron Gear
Threads
Absolute
Crown Royale
Prestige
I would keep 3 in bold above, lot of collectors chase those sets in certified...vets in limited albeit the value sucks breaking them

Get rid of these too

Triple Threads
Strata
Inception
Playbook
Momentum
Prime
RS
Five Star or make it legit high end, not close right now
all press pass
all sage
score
bowman signatures
magic
Old 02-08-2013, 12:46 PM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
I would keep 3 in bold above, lot of collectors chase those sets in certified...vets in limited albeit the value sucks breaking them

Get rid of these too

Triple Threads
Strata
Inception
Playbook
Momentum
Prime
RS
Five Star or make it legit high end, not close right now
all press pass
all sage
score
bowman signatures
magic
Of the list you added, the ONLY Ones I have ever opened are TTT, Inception, Five Star.

TTT should be a $100/ box product IMO, so I generally stay away, unless the guy at My LCS tells me that the last threes boxes should have a white whale,or,something,

Inception= chipped cards I'm all set with that.

Five star I loved but I would rather buy an extra case of exquisite or NT.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:47 PM   #59 (permalink)

wow, seems like everyone hates this product - including me, I have bought more than a case for the last 7 or so years. This year, I bought 4 boxes and will certainly not buy another box.

This stuff is a $90/box product.
billmendez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:28 PM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by billmendez View Post
wow, seems like everyone hates this product - including me, I have bought more than a case for the last 7 or so years. This year, I bought 4 boxes and will certainly not buy another box.

This stuff is a $90/box product.

At $100/$1200 i would be cool with it.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:30 PM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
At $100/$1200 i would be cool with it.
So what products do you like? Because it seems like there is no product that could please you since they are all overpriced and all tend to have crap hits in them. It's the risk you take.
My Bucket, always selling and trading: http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/kramerattack/library/
friarbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:40 PM   #62 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

I don't care I pulled crap players. I'm upset they said 2 on card autos per box and I pulled ZERO. That's not entitlement, that's false advertising. I've collected longer than some of you have been alive so believe me I know breaking boxes is a gamble. But I'm not buying a $10 scratch off if the best I can get is $10 back.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:50 PM   #63 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

I guess a better analogy would be I'm not going to buy raffle tickets where they say the grand prize is car and it ends up being a bicycle.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:08 PM   #64 (permalink)
Banned

Is there going to be one championship ticket 1/1? the variation will not have one right?
Old 02-08-2013, 02:41 PM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by friarbolt View Post
So what products do you like? Because it seems like there is no product that could please you since they are all overpriced and all tend to have crap hits in them. It's the risk you take.
Thanks for your insight. I don't hate all products....... Just the ones I mentioned above.

I think it boils down to the fact that I just don't care for Panini Products. I busted well over $100k of product last year. And as far as I can recall my satisfaction as measured by fun, my perceived value and collectibility ranks as follows:

Topps Products
Upper Deck Products
Panini Products. (Distant third)
Old 02-08-2013, 02:47 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks for your insight. I don't hate all products....... Just the ones I mentioned above.

I think it boils down to the fact that I just don't care for Panini Products. I busted well over $100k of product last year. And as far as I can recall my satisfaction as measured by fun, my perceived value and collectibility ranks as follows:

Topps Products
Upper Deck Products
Panini Products. (Distant third)
Most people seem to be of a similar opinion. But I just can't hate on Contenders when, considering every product is pretty bad, at least Contenders has value. Bad year or not, tons of people collect this set. The added value of the SP's is more than you get in a lot of other products. The issue is that Panini knows this and has clearly phoned it in with this year's version as a result. They were too busy producing Prizm and pumping that out, they knew Contenders will sell regardless.

At the end of the day there are only a few products with any value beyond the main hits, which is why collectors are attracted to products with added value. Chrome with it's refractors, Contenders with it's variations and short prints, etc.
My Bucket, always selling and trading: http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/kramerattack/library/
friarbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:18 PM   #67 (permalink)

Does anyone know about how long after release the sp list will be released
Old 02-08-2013, 03:20 PM   #68 (permalink)

They suck... Prizm is way better IMO