Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 01:41 PM   #26 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,601
Default


bdiddy49601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:44 PM   #27 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: SC
Posts: 9,370
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astronix View Post
To MANY buyers, including myself, a jersey number card is a 1/1 and gets a premium from collectors of these cards.

Should the Cardboard Crusader go after every seller that lists a card as RARE or a SHORT PRINT that is not? Where is the line on what is technically a SHORT PRINT?
It is not a 1/1 to me or anyone else...

it is his jsy #..nothing more, nothing less..

Title should read
2004 SP Authentic Sign of the Times Dual Peyton Eli Manning RC Auto 18/50 = Peyton JSY # Eli auto is on the card but Serial # don't apply for him...........lol

if an Eli collector needs the card for his PC, He don't care about the # 18 lol...the 1/1 adds nothing to a dual card like this..other than making you look bad to some...just my 2 cents..

Last edited by Razorsharp79; 02-08-2013 at 01:47 PM.
Razorsharp79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:45 PM   #28 (permalink)
Member
 
SteelersRock245's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,907
Default

I can't stand this subject it's not a 1/1. According to the "jersey number, first, last" is a 1/1 thought process, then every serial numbered card should be listed 1/1.
__________________
Everyone wants something for nothing
SteelersRock245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:49 PM   #29 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorsharp79 View Post
It is not a 1/1 to me or anyone else...

it is his jsy #..nothing more, nothing less..

Title should read
2004 SP Authentic Sign of the Times Dual Peyton Eli Manning RC Auto 18/50 = Peyton JSY # Eli auto is on the card but Serial # don't apply for him...........lol

if an Eli collector needs the card for his PC, He don't care about the # 18 lol...the 1/1 adds nothing to a dual card like this..other than making you look bad to some...just my 2 cents..
It's an opinion issue. Not everyone is going to agree, for people that don't like it, its no big deal to me. They wouldn't buy my card anyway. I'm listing for buyers.
Astronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:03 PM   #30 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: COS, CO
Posts: 7,409
Default

You're an idiot. It is not a 1/1. People like you are the reason buyers have to scroll through 700 listings instead of 200.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:06 PM   #31 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
jlzinck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Posts: 19,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astronix View Post
It's an opinion issue. Not everyone is going to agree, for people that don't like it, its no big deal to me. They wouldn't buy my card anyway. I'm listing for buyers.
....by breaking the rules....How many Participation Ribbons have you received in your life?
__________________
Thin skinned megalomaniacs shouldn't post on message boards.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:06 PM   #32 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,299
Default




Last edited by Astronix; 02-08-2013 at 02:33 PM.
Astronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:12 PM   #33 (permalink)
Member
 
matt roberson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 2,552
Default

Who cares? You guys blow this way out of proportion, it's not like his lying about the condition of the card, now that pisses me off.
__________________
PCing....2012 Nick Toon and Russell Wilson, 2005 Aaron Rodgers and any Jerry Rice.... that I like.
GO Packers, GO Badgers!
http://s1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii625/robeythe1/
matt roberson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:40 PM   #34 (permalink)
Member
 
verbal13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Keller, TX
Posts: 909
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astronix View Post
When I search 1/1's on ebay, I am searching also for jersey number cards. It helps me find them. Since ebay restricts your characters in your listing saying JERSEY would also bring up every frickin patch card ever made!

I don't see why people get upset about this honestly, but obviously this is a touchy issue for some.
That's great and all, but when I search 1/1 I just want to see cards stamped 1/1. If you want to call your jersey # card a 1/1 more power to you, but do the rest of us a favor and at least put 'eBay 1/1' in the title. That way when the rest of us want to find just real 1/1's we can search for '1/1 -eBay'. The jersey # = 1/1 people still get to see your card, and the normal people get to move on and not see it.
__________________
http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c347/verbal13/For%20Trade/
Reggie McNeal Super Collection:
AU - 70/77 = 91%
1/1s - 7/21 = 33%
verbal13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:48 PM   #35 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,581
Default

not a 1/1
and not an "ebay 1/1" either. No such thing exists.
__________________
isn't it great when you click the "view post" link on a ignored poster, and your decision to block is reaffirmed?
pfb11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:49 PM   #36 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,307
Default

eBay should have a seperate market place for eBay 1/1s only eBay 1/1 I buy is serial numbered 1/1
JonMead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:26 PM   #37 (permalink)
Member
 
est89detlions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: South Beach
Posts: 1,004
Default

come on guys are we really talking ebay policies? they dont do crap..putting 1/1 in the top could make it possibly go for more at auction therefore ebay getting more money in fees..you know how many Auctions says 1/1 in them right now at this moment? a crap ton and they are not 1/1s...
__________________
http://s818.photobucket.com/albums/zz108/est89detLions/
YOUTUBE LINK PLEASE SUB http://www.youtube.com/user/DirtyA13?feature=mhum

ebay rating 100% 770 rating
est89detlions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:29 PM   #38 (permalink)
Member
 
monkeymcgee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: VA
Posts: 7,303
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by est89detlions View Post
come on guys are we really talking ebay policies? they dont do crap..putting 1/1 in the top could make it possibly go for more at auction therefore ebay getting more money in fees..you know how many Auctions says 1/1 in them right now at this moment? a crap ton and they are not 1/1s...
Just because it's being done DOES NOT MAKE IT RIGHT

It's keyword spamming. Rationalize it all you want, but that's what it is.
__________________
Collecting: artistic and traditional comic art sketches
monkeymcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:42 PM   #39 (permalink)
Member
 
t2554's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,472
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersRock245 View Post
I can't stand this subject it's not a 1/1. According to the "jersey number, first, last" is a 1/1 thought process, then every serial numbered card should be listed 1/1.
Yep. All people like the OP do is clutter up everyone's searches.
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:44 PM   #40 (permalink)
Member
 
blake03svtf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: texas
Posts: 2,583
Default

I appreciate picking up jersey number 1/1 cards, so thank you sellers
__________________
blake03svtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:45 PM   #41 (permalink)
Member
 
caustexx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 575
Default

just put "ebay" in your title and you will satisfy most on both sides.

purist 1/1 searchers should have -ebay saved in their search.
caustexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:50 PM   #42 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,299
Default

What about BGS Population 1's? Are those 1/1's?

Man, I didn't realize Far_Outdude had a whole team of cardboard crusaders working for him!

Do all you who disagree ever list ebay 1/1's on ebay?
Astronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:52 PM   #43 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake03svtf View Post
I appreciate picking up jersey number 1/1 cards, so thank you sellers
I love it when sellers don't list jersey number cards as a 1/1! I pick them up for much cheaper and then flip them! SO THANKS!
Astronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:52 PM   #44 (permalink)
Member
 
friarbolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: California
Posts: 7,825
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astronix View Post
What about BGS Population 1's? Are those 1/1's?

Man, I didn't realize Far_Outdude had a whole team of cardboard crusaders working for him!

Do all you who disagree ever list ebay 1/1's on ebay?
Nope, I sure don't. I have ethics, just because everyone else does it does not make it okay. Any collector looking for jersey numbered cards is informed enough to search for terms like that in listings. They will find the card if they want to, you don't need to keyword spam it.
__________________
Supercollecting Josh Johnson (University of San Diego, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Cincinnati Bengals, San Francisco 49ers)
Collecting Chargers
, Padres, Packers, Lakers, University of San Diego alumni
My Bucket, always selling and trading: http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/kramerattack/library/
friarbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:53 PM   #45 (permalink)
Member
 
monkeymcgee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: VA
Posts: 7,303
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astronix View Post
What about BGS Population 1's? Are those 1/1's?

Man, I didn't realize Far_Outdude had a whole team of cardboard crusaders working for him!

Do all you who disagree ever list ebay 1/1's on ebay?
No, those would be "Pop 1".

1/1 is for cards with a 1/1 serial number or the words "1 of 1" printed on them.

I do note jersey numbering, but if my title says 1/1 it's a 1/1.
__________________
Collecting: artistic and traditional comic art sketches
monkeymcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:55 PM   #46 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by friarbolt View Post
Nope, I sure don't. I have ethics, just because everyone else does it does not make it okay. Any collector looking for jersey numbered cards is informed enough to search for terms like that in listings. They will find the card if they want to, you don't need to keyword spam it.
I guess I don't have ethics? Dear lord I didn't run over a dog or anything.
Astronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:56 PM   #47 (permalink)
Member
 
friarbolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: California
Posts: 7,825
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astronix View Post
I guess I don't have ethics? Dear lord I didn't shoot a dog or anything.
Ethics I can't say don't know you. Common sense I would question, honestly what made you think you could post a thread like this and not get a negative reaction? Ebay 1/1's, packsearching, etc are all public enemy number one around here, and you just posted a thread admitting you do it and making fun of someone calling you out about it.

Plus you do apparently think bending rules is okay as long as everyone is doing it. Which yes is tied to ethics.
__________________
Supercollecting Josh Johnson (University of San Diego, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Cincinnati Bengals, San Francisco 49ers)
Collecting Chargers
, Padres, Packers, Lakers, University of San Diego alumni
My Bucket, always selling and trading: http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/kramerattack/library/
friarbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:59 PM   #48 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 19,906
Send a message via MSN to asujbl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post
No, those would be "Pop 1".

1/1 is for cards with a 1/1 serial number or the words "1 of 1" printed on them.

I do note jersey numbering, but if my title says 1/1 it's a 1/1.
Simple as this. This should be how it's done.

1 of 1 in the title means it's serial numbered 1 of 1
Pop 1 in the title means only one is graded
The words "jersey number" should be in the title if that's what it is.

This new "eBay 1 of 1" which of course only card collectors could come up with is pretty lame.
__________________
http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/kk269/ohiosundevils
Want to save 5-15% on your purchase? Check my feedback and pay via Check/MO/Cash
I do not ACCEPT or SEND Gift Payments - Thanks
asujbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:01 PM   #49 (permalink)
Member
 
golferphil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,722
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
You're an idiot. It is not a 1/1. People like you are the reason buyers have to scroll through 700 listings instead of 200.
QFT and because Backer is cool...
__________________
This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality.
Embrace this moment. Remember; we are eternal,
all this pain is an illusion.
--Maynard James Keenan
golferphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:02 PM   #50 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by friarbolt View Post
Ethics I can't say don't know you. Common sense I would question, honestly what made you think you could post a thread like this and not get a negative reaction? Ebay 1/1's, packsearching, etc are all public enemy number one around here, and you just posted a thread admitting you do it and making fun of someone calling you out about it.

Plus you do apparently think bending rules is okay as long as everyone is doing it. Which yes is tied to ethics.
I don't think its against the rules. Were not talking about Serpico here.

Packsearching, shill bidding and fake patches are wrong. Listing a jersey number card as a 1/1 is smart and its not misleading, if you read the listing it says exactly what the card is serial #ed 18/50, a jersey number card that is an ebay 1/1, no buyer would be confused based on that wording.
Astronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.