Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 04:30 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixstar View Post
Can we have a rational discussion on the big deal between sticker and on card? The only thing I really see is that on card look a bit nicer and the fact the player actually had the card in their hand and signed it. Maybe i'm underestimating how important those things are. The way people are talking is like these wilson chromes are now worthless which I just don't feel that way.
It's strictly a personal opinion. This certainly doesn't make his cards worthless. But worth - LESS than on card.. sure. Some people paid ridiculous amounts of $ on, say, the red refractors.. FULLY expecting on card autographs on the low serial #ing. Those people, if trying to flip, will lose money.

My question now, is.... Will his Superfractor auto have a sticker, too?? If so...ouch!!
Old 02-17-2013, 02:17 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorsharp79 View Post
NO...everyone call them and tell them they will return all these russell wilson GARBAGE autos and will NEVER buy another TOPPS PRODUCT EVER unless they get off their lazy ass and go get on card on autos on their best product....
I have contacted the VP and CEO personally through a connection. I would strongly recommend that all of you upset with this let Topps know via Twitter and email immediately today. It takes two minutes and the decision-makers will be much more inclined to change the current path if they know I'm not the only guy (respectfully) complaining.
Hugemojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:58 PM   #28 (permalink)

I am one of the 5 waiting on a red auto redemption. I don't have personal contacts at Topps to voice my thoughts directly, but I did send an email.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:19 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugemojo View Post
I have contacted the VP and CEO personally through a connection. I would strongly recommend that all of you upset with this let Topps know via Twitter and email immediately today. It takes two minutes and the decision-makers will be much more inclined to change the current path if they know I'm not the only guy (respectfully) complaining.
Topps does nothing but ignore me on twitter no matter the subject I tweet them lol
Bizzydesigner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:24 PM   #30 (permalink)

Contacting the BBB and the President of Topps... you guys crack me up. Nobody is going to do anything because the redemption says Russell Wilson auto, not Russell Wilson auto on card for added sell value...lol. BBB will ignore all emails for that point. You are promised a Russell Wilson autograph rookie and are getting one.
pay2play1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:17 PM   #31 (permalink)

So I guess his Finest and National Treasures on-cards will be his best cards now?
ninjacookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:27 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacookies View Post
So I guess his Finest and National Treasures on-cards will be his best cards now?
Unless Contenders is on card.
atowncards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:11 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixstar View Post
Can we have a rational discussion on the big deal between sticker and on card? The only thing I really see is that on card look a bit nicer and the fact the player actually had the card in their hand and signed it. Maybe i'm underestimating how important those things are. The way people are talking is like these wilson chromes are now worthless which I just don't feel that way.
So question is would pay for his stickers??
Old 02-17-2013, 08:40 PM   #34 (permalink)
Banned

This is a good reason not to pay top dollar for redemptions.

Buyer I saw paid 2,000 for russell wilson red auto...they look hideous to say the least with those stickers which do not have a place on these cards. They looked ok when topps made a spot for them...

IMO his chrome autos are ruined value wise and aesthetically and if I had a redemption of him at Topps I would ask for a replacement

What would you rather have? Hillman looks like garbage with that out of place sticker, i would not take that card if given to me for free...UGLY as HELL

This crap

or this...lol

Last edited by Razorsharp79; 02-17-2013 at 08:45 PM.
Razorsharp79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:33 PM   #35 (permalink)

Never mind

Last edited by Hugemojo; 02-17-2013 at 11:55 PM.
Hugemojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:01 AM   #36 (permalink)

I read that, says they were trouble getting all the cards hard signed so they could try and get on card autos. Never says they would get them all on card.

I'm not going to try and reason with my statement, because as I stated the redemptions don't say on card so there is nothing that states for them to have to do them that way.

Just think some people go to far about cards these days, we all know each company has their own mess of stuff they do or don't do. No need to contact the BBB, or like like crazed person on twitter for something you can't change.
pay2play1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:21 AM   #37 (permalink)

Maybe Wilson's hand was tired from sorting through close to a thousasnd on-card Upper deck SP Authentic cards he signed...

I can only pray Contenders is on-card, I've got both a Rookie Ink and Playoff RPS/99 I pulled due in eventually...
Mattsurewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:27 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacookies View Post

Actually his Topps 1984 and Tallboy autos are on card, I had both and moved them towards a Topps Chrome, poeple say what you will, Stickers Suck.
Highender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:22 PM   #39 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highender View Post
Actually his Topps 1984 and Tallboy autos are on card, I had both and moved them towards a Topps Chrome, poeple say what you will, Stickers Suck.
I feel sorry for guys who paid primo prices for his redemptions frome chrome. The superfractor auto I hope for the guy who pulled it sake it will be on card...sticker would be a disaster for it IMO
Old 02-19-2013, 05:04 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Hey.. you know for a fact his 1984 auto will be on card?? I have that and the black redemption and knowing that is the case will ease my pain a little
JimmyMac1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:04 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMac1113 View Post
Hey.. you know for a fact his 1984 auto will be on card?? I have that and the black redemption and knowing that is the case will ease my pain a little
Forget it.... just realized you meant regular Topps.... my bad
JimmyMac1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:09 PM   #42 (permalink)

I actually pulled an /10 gold refractor and redeemed and hoped for 3/10 and a card to PC and send to BGS. Does anyone think I will get close to the $1200 these were selling for now? I tweeted, I wrote, I complained, doubt it matters. Thanks Topps
kevinandji is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:21 PM   #43 (permalink)

Do the redemptions say 'on-card'? Where did Topps advertise his Chrome redemptions were going to be hard-signed? Honest question.

Follow me @BruceWayneIrvin. Or dont.
Grza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:35 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grza View Post
Do the redemptions say 'on-card'? Where did Topps advertise his Chrome redemptions were going to be hard-signed? Honest question.
Honest question- why would Lamar Miller have on card autos but Russell Wilson wouldn't?? No they didn't advertise it or say it on the redemption, but when u purchase topps chrome you assume that the top guys will be on card. Topps had Wilson as a redemption and had a chance to make collectors happy with nice on card autos, instead they took the cheap easy way out and slapped sticker invitory on them! Sad effort!
Old 02-19-2013, 10:22 PM   #45 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grza View Post
If Foles is on card, there is no sense in why these cannot be on card. Not a matter of advertising, more a point of giving collectors what is RIGHT.

But no, now the Wilson chrome autos are hideous and worth half of what a on card version would demand...YAY
Old 02-20-2013, 12:35 AM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorsharp79 View Post
I feel sorry for guys who paid primo prices for his redemptions frome chrome. The superfractor auto I hope for the guy who pulled it sake it will be on card...sticker would be a disaster for it IMO
A complete disaster I agree...lets face it gentleman, these card manufacturers could care less about what we want, because regardless who complains, they will sell tons of their product next year and every year after that, lol...
Highender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:36 AM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
because regardless who complains, they will sell tons of their product next year and every year after that, lol...
Unfortunately that's basically what it comes down to.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:18 AM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
A complete disaster I agree...lets face it gentleman, these card manufacturers could care less about what we want, because regardless who complains, they will sell tons of their product next year and every year after that, lol...
Actually there's no one special to chase next year let alone the immense rookie class like this year was...it'll stay at 75 and drop to 60...