Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 02:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Russell Wilson has signed for topps redemptions!

Just got a tweet from Topps. Russell has signed all redemptions and they are getting ready to ship! No word on blue wave tho. Sounded like they would wait to ship the autos tho until the packs were done, and they also replied to another tweet that it will be soon and "well worth the wait"

Old 02-08-2013, 02:08 PM   #2 (permalink)

Yep he finished signing a lot of stickers
Old 02-08-2013, 02:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

You didn't see the thread yesterday? BIG stink being made about this... they subbed all his "on card" autos with Sticker autos. SO... no on card Chrome autos for one of the top 3 rookies... truly sad.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:09 PM   #4 (permalink)

Russell Wilson chrome autos
Old 02-08-2013, 02:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

This is unacceptable. Topps didn't understand what saving these for finest sterling or any box but chrome would do. Chrome is a staple for there on card colored autos. And now the 2nd best rookie this year has none on card
JonMead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:14 PM   #6 (permalink)

im done buying cards. fml.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:15 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUGSEVIER54 View Post
You didn't see the thread yesterday? BIG stink being made about this... they subbed all his "on card" autos with Sticker autos. SO... no on card Chrome autos for one of the top 3 rookies... truly sad.
Just playing devil's advocate here. I think sticker autos as a whole are kind of b.s. in a product where the autos are supposed to be on card. Just one question-Why does everyone want to jump on the "top rookie" thing on Wilson when he wasn't one of the top rookies when these products were planned by the card companies?
27tinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27tinman View Post
just playing devil's advocate here. I think sticker autos as a whole are kind of b.s. In a product where the autos are supposed to be on card. Just one question-why does everyone want to jump on the "top rookie" thing on wilson when he wasn't one of the top rookies when these products were planned by the card companies?
he had a signing last week for on card autos
JonMead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:20 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Just playing devil's advocate here. I think sticker autos as a whole are kind of b.s. in a product where the autos are supposed to be on card. Just one question-Why does everyone want to jump on the "top rookie" thing on Wilson when he wasn't one of the top rookies when these products were planned by the card companies?
I for one did jump on him, thats why i was so jacked that he finally signed. Im from and go to school at madison, wi and got to watch him play. I bought the SHHHHHit out of his stuff thinking he would get a shot at being good, plus i liked him anyway and started a PC of him in just topps alone.

I got four regular autos, a camo, a black, and a pink all coming... Obvioulsy once he started doing well i figured I was sitting on a gold mine. Well, I still am, but the stickers suck. Its just a huge let down. I invest a years worth of card buying into one product/player (except SP Authentic and now wilsons inflated) and I get a sticker in return. Awesome.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:27 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynogeis View Post
I for one did jump on him, thats why i was so jacked that he finally signed. Im from and go to school at madison, wi and got to watch him play. I bought the SHHHHHit out of his stuff thinking he would get a shot at being good, plus i liked him anyway and started a PC of him in just topps alone.

I got four regular autos, a camo, a black, and a pink all coming... Obvioulsy once he started doing well i figured I was sitting on a gold mine. Well, I still am, but the stickers suck. Its just a huge let down. I invest a years worth of card buying into one product/player (except SP Authentic and now wilsons inflated) and I get a sticker in return. Awesome.

Tweet or email Topps with your complaints. Maybe they will send people something a little extra. It does suck I agree.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:28 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonMead View Post
he had a signing last week for on card autos
I understand that.....that wasn't my question.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:32 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUGSEVIER54 View Post
This pisses me off....I would write the CEO, file with the BBB...etc...this cannot and must not stand.

I am thinking about signing up for twitter so i can hold somebody's ass to the fire.
Razorsharp79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:32 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Its not a fact of "jumping on either". and I am not speaking as someone who didnt jump on.

Think of it this way....If they planned for him to be a sticker auto, why wouldnt he just sign a bunch of stickers, send them to Topps, and be done? Why? Becuase they planned him to sign on card. Then after he gets good and still hasnt signed "stickers" and hes freed to sign, so why not 100% sign on card.

He does have sticker autos too that are already out there. Im imagining he signed those few stickers, topps planned him to sign on card, but for some reason he chose stickers again.

Maybe he signed a bunch on card, but who knows? They showed a camo auto with a sticker. Crazy to think that a card in a great product numbered to /105 is a sticker. Really upsetting.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:34 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:

He wasnt ever less of a prospect than Alshon Jeffery, Mohamed Sanu, Lamar Miller, Dontari Poe, Devier Posey, Ryan Broyles, Michael Egnew ect... which all have on card autos in Topps chrome.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:34 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnb0123 View Post
Tweet or email Topps with your complaints. Maybe they will send people something a little extra. It does suck I agree.
NO...everyone call them and tell them they will return all these russell wilson GARBAGE autos and will NEVER buy another TOPPS PRODUCT EVER unless they get off their lazy ass and go get on card on autos on their best product....
Old 02-08-2013, 02:36 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
He wasnt ever less of a prospect than Alshon Jeffery, Mohamed Sanu, Lamar Miller, Dontari Poe, Devier Posey, Ryan Broyles, Michael Egnew ect... which all have on card autos in Topps chrome.
i would ask for replacement vs getting one of these...the andy daltons from 2011 looks like POS compared to the on cards...they look horrid..and this kills the value of those 2,000 dollar red ref autos IMO...would not pay 500 for one now...
Old 02-08-2013, 02:37 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Its not a fact of "jumping on either". and I am not speaking as someone who didnt jump on.

Think of it this way....If they planned for him to be a sticker auto, why wouldnt he just sign a bunch of stickers, send them to Topps, and be done? Why? Becuase they planned him to sign on card. Then after he gets good and still hasnt signed "stickers" and hes freed to sign, so why not 100% sign on card.

He does have sticker autos too that are already out there. Im imagining he signed those few stickers, topps planned him to sign on card, but for some reason he chose stickers again.

Maybe he signed a bunch on card, but who knows? They showed a camo auto with a sticker. Crazy to think that a card in a great product numbered to /105 is a sticker. Really upsetting.
Like I said-my point wasn't about sticker auto vs. on card auto. Wilson isn't the only player they did this with. All Ronnie Hillman autos are sticker when they were supposed to be on card. The point I was making was that Wilson was at best a mid tier guy (and not a "top 3 rookie") when the 2012 products were planned and/or produced.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:37 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Exactly. He signed some stickers so topps didnt have a 1000 redemptions. They then planned him to sign in person.

REMEMBER THE BLUE WAVE PACKS!!!!!!!!!

They made WIlson sign stickers because there are only so many blue wave cards that will be printed. So they said sign stickers, then we will let you sign on card later when we have set the print numbers on blue waves.

Then for whatever fudged up reason he signs stickers again!

Its clear they intended to sign on card for the blue wave packs and we just got screwed. Venting, I know, but I threw almost $600 at him before he was even good. Thought I would be rewarded and was basically shot from behind.

This almost hurts more than those 4 boxes of contenders i opened...
Old 02-08-2013, 02:47 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Exactly. He signed some stickers so topps didnt have a 1000 redemptions. They then planned him to sign in person.

REMEMBER THE BLUE WAVE PACKS!!!!!!!!!

They made WIlson sign stickers because there are only so many blue wave cards that will be printed. So they said sign stickers, then we will let you sign on card later when we have set the print numbers on blue waves.

Then for whatever fudged up reason he signs stickers again!

Its clear they intended to sign on card for the blue wave packs and we just got screwed. Venting, I know, but I threw almost $600 at him before he was even good. Thought I would be rewarded and was basically shot from behind.

This almost hurts more than those 4 boxes of contenders i opened...
You think all players have autos in the blue wave packs? I have been under the impression that it would just be Alfred Morris.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/drew306
drew306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:49 PM   #20 (permalink)

Wasnt that tweeted on Wen...
Old 02-08-2013, 02:54 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew306 View Post
You think all players have autos in the blue wave packs? I have been under the impression that it would just be Alfred Morris.
No, only alfred morris has an autograph. but if you have a redemption you get your autograph inside of a blue wave pack.

hence they had wilson sign stickers to keep redemptions down to how many blue waves they had printed.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:42 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
No, only alfred morris has an autograph. but if you have a redemption you get your autograph inside of a blue wave pack.

hence they had wilson sign stickers to keep redemptions down to how many blue waves they had printed.
What? They are putting the autos INSIDE the packs? I highly doubt that.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/drew306
drew306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:46 PM   #23 (permalink)

It is simple folks, topps doesn't care about you after the sale. They only care about what you are going to buy next week.
HeritageKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:20 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeritageKing View Post
It is simple folks, topps doesn't care about you after the sale. They only care about what you are going to buy next week.

Make Alfred Morris a redemption in blue wave packs, just send them out! Ahhh redemptions.
billmendez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:24 PM   #25 (permalink)

Can we have a rational discussion on the big deal between sticker and on card? The only thing I really see is that on card look a bit nicer and the fact the player actually had the card in their hand and signed it. Maybe i'm underestimating how important those things are. The way people are talking is like these wilson chromes are now worthless which I just don't feel that way.
trixstar is online now   Reply With Quote