Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2013, 05:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 144
Default Anyone pull a Luck, RG3, Wilson base auto from Topps Magic???

There one NONE on eBay..... is anyone else baffled by this?? What could be the reason??? A few luck/RG3 duals and Luck black border /5 went up but no base on the first day of release?? Weird..... anyone out there have one to show?? Thanks guys...
JimmyMac1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
MSD
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 961
Default

Topps Magic is a sticker dump. Base autos of those are probably SP'd to 5 or less, if there even are any..it's always been like this..try finding a Cam Magic Base Auto..
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSD View Post
Topps Magic is a sticker dump. Base autos of those are probably SP'd to 5 or less, if there even are any..it's always been like this..try finding a Cam Magic Base Auto..
If that's true, and I hate to sound like a complainer, but I'm ticked off.... checklist released today... they are not included in the sp auto section...

I loooooove the look of these cards... would go as far as to say that its my favorite 2012 release thus far period... felt if they made a chrome version or even included a low numbered chrome auto parallel set like 2010 that they would've completely knocked it out of the park.... just my opinion... I purchased a case today..after seeing the checklist... the first case I ever purchased of any product... not to make money.. to open for entertainment, maybe put a set together, and add all autos pulled to my PC... Itd be nice to know there's a chance to pull one of these... I don't expect one in every box, and like the fact that they'd be more rare than the other autos.. BUT for not even ONE to show up FS on release day is just crazy... if there were even 2 or 3 of each FS right now I'd actually be stoked...

This after topps announces Wilson's chrome auto redemtions are being sent out.... and they're stickers.... so glad I have 2 base, a black, and a 1984....

This after panini's advertising of 2 on cards per box and some cases having 5 or less... couldn't be more thrilled I didn't pre- order and will stick w singles, but I feel for those who shelled out $$ early.... These boards also discovered today that the prizm boxes advertise a chance to pull a Peyton Manning auto.... well no such card exists.... nice week for the "hobby"... lol

Sorry I really hate to complain but it seems like one thing after another lately... the only one's who suffer are us consumers... from the flippers who think they're gonna turn a profit to the hobbyists who open and collect for entertainment ... nobody held a gun to my head and told me to buy a case, and I constantly tell myself to stick to singles... its just not as fun to buy singles ALL the time... sorry for the rant... gonna hold off on opening the case until I figure out what the issue is... Let me know if you guys pull any.... out of boredom I want to go check out who else is MIA so far....
JimmyMac1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 2,996
Send a message via AIM to Superman24742
Default

The list of SP autos that is out right now is not right. They just looked at the base SP and then listed the ones with autos as SP, that is not the case. I can guarantee if its like past magic products Griffin/Luck/Wilson will all be SPed to 50 or less.
__________________
http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y243/Superman24742/

Looking for Bengals and Steve Smith(Panthers)
Superman24742 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
scotts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,375
Default

I was able to find a RG3 base auto that ended yesterday. Looks like the buyer might have gotten a good deal, especially if they are extremely short printed. Here is the auction

2012 Topps Magic Football Robert Griffin III RG3 RARE Auto SSP Redskins | eBay

I really haven't seen alot of HOBBY Topps Magic broke yet so maybe they just haven't been pulled?? Am sure there aren't /250 of each players auto like there is in Prizm, but i don't think that Topps would short print them to only /5. Although like Jimmy said, after what has come to light this week about Panini etc, anything is possible!

There sure doesn't seem to be a shortage of Alfred Morris and Colin Kaepernick Topps Magic autos on ebay!

On a side note, i really like these cards as well and am gonna buy a case next week. Looks like a fun break for sure!

Last edited by scotts; 02-09-2013 at 09:48 AM.
scotts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:50 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
scotts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,375
Default

Also, didn't i read somewhere that this Elway/Luck booklet auto was never produced either by Topps?? Even though the card showed up in there pre release advertising?

2012 Topps Magic Football Hobby Box 18 Inserts 3 Autos per Box Luck Rgiii | eBay
scotts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotts View Post
Also, didn't i read somewhere that this Elway/Luck booklet auto was never produced either by Topps?? Even though the card showed up in there pre release advertising?

2012 Topps Magic Football Hobby Box 18 Inserts 3 Autos per Box Luck Rgiii | eBay
Actually I believe the elway/luck IS in there.... I have the elway/p.manning/Bradford triple auto from 2010 honestly its one of my fav cards... they prob have some elway stickers left over... Thanks for making sense of it guys if they're ssp'd to 25-50ish I actually think its kinda cool... I'd advise the hobbyist to buy, the flipper to not.... they're really nice cards... a much nicer stock than I expected too... its a fun break... the product would be a huge hit if it wasn't looked at as a sticker dump... would love to see topps put more effort into it... and I'll preaching "Topps Magic Chrome" for a while lol....
JimmyMac1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Jackg1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,643
Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMac1113 View Post
Actually I believe the elway/luck IS in there.... I have the elway/p.manning/Bradford triple auto from 2010 honestly its one of my fav cards... they prob have some elway stickers left over... Thanks for making sense of it guys if they're ssp'd to 25-50ish I actually think its kinda cool... I'd advise the hobbyist to buy, the flipper to not.... they're really nice cards... a much nicer stock than I expected too... its a fun break... the product would be a huge hit if it wasn't looked at as a sticker dump... would love to see topps put more effort into it... and I'll preaching "Topps Magic Chrome" for a while lol....
I am all for having low numbered chrome refractors in magic and even superfractors! If they replace the black bordered autos with refractor and even superfractors (maybe a black bordered superfractors?) this set will be huge.
__________________
Official Blowout 2010 Topp Magic Refractor Autograph set collector! STAY AWAY FROM PATCH CARDS! BUCKET: http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc471/jackg1980/ "I trade by common sense not book value"
"No one makes me bleed my own blood"
Jackg1980 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Jackg1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,643
Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotts View Post
I was able to find a RG3 base auto that ended yesterday. Looks like the buyer might have gotten a good deal, especially if they are extremely short printed. Here is the auction

2012 Topps Magic Football Robert Griffin III RG3 RARE Auto SSP Redskins | eBay

I really haven't seen alot of HOBBY Topps Magic broke yet so maybe they just haven't been pulled?? Am sure there aren't /250 of each players auto like there is in Prizm, but i don't think that Topps would short print them to only /5. Although like Jimmy said, after what has come to light this week about Panini etc, anything is possible!

There sure doesn't seem to be a shortage of Alfred Morris and Colin Kaepernick Topps Magic autos on ebay!

On a side note, i really like these cards as well and am gonna buy a case next week. Looks like a fun break for sure!
In 2010 they had a few autos sp to 15. So I would not be surprised if one of the big three is sp that low. Tebow was that year.
__________________
Official Blowout 2010 Topp Magic Refractor Autograph set collector! STAY AWAY FROM PATCH CARDS! BUCKET: http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc471/jackg1980/ "I trade by common sense not book value"
"No one makes me bleed my own blood"
Jackg1980 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:41 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackg1980 View Post
I am all for having low numbered chrome refractors in magic and even superfractors! If they replace the black bordered autos with refractor and even superfractors (maybe a black bordered superfractors?) this set will be huge.
Absolutely... "Black Magic Super" would be awesome...I also have the bradford topps magic chrome/10 and its gorgeous!.... what sucks is THIS would've been the year to do it.... would've been huge IMO... if 2013 is really as bad as they're saying for skill position players then it really won't get as much attention.... maybe they'll just keep pumping out 2012 products until Jan 2014..lol

The more I think of it.. I should've realized something would be up with Magic... I know they're sticker auto but $85 a box for 3 autos these days seems too good to be true...
JimmyMac1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Jackg1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,643
Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMac1113 View Post
Absolutely... "Black Magic Super" would be awesome...I also have the bradford topps magic chrome/10 and its gorgeous!.... what sucks is THIS would've been the year to do it.... would've been huge IMO... if 2013 is really as bad as they're saying for skill position players then it really won't get as much attention.... maybe they'll just keep pumping out 2012 products until Jan 2014..lol

The more I think of it.. I should've realized something would be up with Magic... I know they're sticker auto but $85 a box for 3 autos these days seems too good to be true...
When did you get that Bradford?
__________________
Official Blowout 2010 Topp Magic Refractor Autograph set collector! STAY AWAY FROM PATCH CARDS! BUCKET: http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc471/jackg1980/ "I trade by common sense not book value"
"No one makes me bleed my own blood"
Jackg1980 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackg1980 View Post
When did you get that Bradford?
A few weeks ago.... was it yours? #1/10
JimmyMac1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:40 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
Jackg1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,643
Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMac1113 View Post
A few weeks ago.... was it yours? #1/10
No, but I was trying to get it. Lol... The one from sniper.
__________________
Official Blowout 2010 Topp Magic Refractor Autograph set collector! STAY AWAY FROM PATCH CARDS! BUCKET: http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc471/jackg1980/ "I trade by common sense not book value"
"No one makes me bleed my own blood"
Jackg1980 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackg1980 View Post
No, but I was trying to get it. Lol... The one from sniper.
HA... yes just looked... sniper... Jan 20th.... 250... a lot for Bradford but I love the card... and think we're all getting too used to these freakish rookie Qb'S.... usually takes a few years to settle into the NFL... think he may have a future... tough def in his division though jeez
JimmyMac1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:51 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
Jackg1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,643
Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMac1113 View Post
HA... yes just looked... sniper... Jan 20th.... 250... a lot for Bradford but I love the card... and think we're all getting too used to these freakish rookie Qb'S.... usually takes a few years to settle into the NFL... think he may have a future... tough def in his division though jeez
Yeah, I was mad. I offer 250$ and he declined it. Actually it was 225$, never mind. But it was 225$ off eBay.
__________________
Official Blowout 2010 Topp Magic Refractor Autograph set collector! STAY AWAY FROM PATCH CARDS! BUCKET: http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc471/jackg1980/ "I trade by common sense not book value"
"No one makes me bleed my own blood"

Last edited by Jackg1980; 02-09-2013 at 03:56 PM.
Jackg1980 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:53 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 25
Default


BIN $2000 sssp! PM if interested
jtn8723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:08 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
SDethrasavong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 252
Default

you pull that from a hobby box or a retail blaster?
SDethrasavong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:28 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDethrasavong View Post
you pull that from a hobby box or a retail blaster?
Got it in a single pack at Wally World
jtn8723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:52 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
Bizzydesigner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: IL
Posts: 2,474
Default

I pulled a Lamar miller auto (redemption) and there has only been one on eBay. Very weird on these RC autos thus far. Wonder if they majorly SPd the bigger names. Which in the end would be good for value.
__________________
Official Derrick Rose & WI Badger Collector.
Future Melvin Gordon Super Collector
Bucket: http://tinyurl.com/caowrew
D. Rose PC: http://tinyurl.com/d8qecvf
Bizzydesigner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:33 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
notravels10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: san diego
Posts: 842
Default

I knows its not a Base auto but its a mini #4/10,Pulled by me today from a blaster.Yea me! lol
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone pull a Luck, RG3, Wilson base auto from Topps Magic???-wilson-mini.jpg  
__________________
(I need The 2010 BDPP Greg Garcia Super) DONE
notravels10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:51 PM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
dilandboogscard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 502
Default

I have Richardson Myself... One has sold... one mini listed... curious myself
__________________
Looking for anything Cincinnati (Reds, Bengals, Bearcats and Buckeyes and any local guys)

Proud member and worker on boxbusters.tv, come visit BoogsCards
dilandboogscard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:23 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
garpike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Middletown, Ohio
Posts: 6,380
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotts View Post
I was able to find a RG3 base auto that ended yesterday. Looks like the buyer might have gotten a good deal, especially if they are extremely short printed. Here is the auction

2012 Topps Magic Football Robert Griffin III RG3 RARE Auto SSP Redskins | eBay
HAH! That RGIII was pulled at my LCS!!
I know the seller!

$220 for that card is a heck of a deal!!!

__________________
I Love My Family, The NY Jets & Autographs...Lots & Lots of Autographs!!!
TTM Autographs make getting the mail FUN!
garpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:14 PM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
Gurds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 3,309
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garpike View Post
HAH! That RGIII was pulled at my LCS!!
I know the seller!

$220 for that card is a heck of a deal!!!

You want to see a heck of a deal..........Here's a base Luck. Sold for $150

2012 Topps Magic Football Andrew Luck Rookie Autograph 1 Indianapolis Colts NFL | eBay
Gurds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:07 PM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
garpike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Middletown, Ohio
Posts: 6,380
Default

Wow...really thought they both woulda went way higher than that.

__________________
I Love My Family, The NY Jets & Autographs...Lots & Lots of Autographs!!!
TTM Autographs make getting the mail FUN!
garpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:38 PM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
solt0131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 5,821
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurds View Post
You want to see a heck of a deal..........Here's a base Luck. Sold for $150

2012 Topps Magic Football Andrew Luck Rookie Autograph 1 Indianapolis Colts NFL | eBay
That was a BIN that probably lasted 5 seconds.
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.