Blowout Cards Forums
Football promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2013, 11:57 PM   #26 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr24ai3 View Post
You realize a BCCG 7 is only VG or Better. VG is a BVG 3.
i didnt realize that, when i researched bccg it said i could expect one full point drop in grade going to regrade for BVG still not a bad buy and this card is in better shape then a bvg 3 i would think. i only paid 13 for the card and had the case not been damaged in transit i probably wouldve flipped it by know.
JonMead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:12 AM   #27 (permalink)

What was it packaged in, a bubble envelope or a box?
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:13 AM   #28 (permalink)

Is that the one I sold you couple months ago !?
nflfans4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:15 AM   #29 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nflfans4ever View Post
Is that the one I sold you couple months ago !?
yes it is...........sucks
Razorsharp79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:17 AM   #30 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2554 View Post
What was it packaged in, a bubble envelope or a box?
I shipped card in graded card sleeve inside another graded card sleeve with thick dummy cards cut to fit inside that covered the entire slab, then put in a bubble mailer. Have shipped that way plenty of times with no hiccups...it was not just put in there bare....looks like I will be paying the priority mail small flat rate box now on...not worth the headache over 3.50 more IMO
Old 02-12-2013, 12:21 AM   #31 (permalink)

Bubble mailer for a high end slabbed card? I would have paid the extra $4 for a small flat rate box and sandwiched the card in foam to keep a tight fit. Never understood why people use bubble mailers for high end cards
Old 02-12-2013, 12:22 AM   #32 (permalink)

I sent a card out the card other day and when the buyer got it the case was busted but no damage to the card. We agreed on a partial refund. That was the first time i have ever had a problem with usps.
Daddy91409 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:27 AM   #33 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy91409 View Post
I sent a card out the card other day and when the buyer got it the case was busted but no damage to the card. We agreed on a partial refund. That was the first time i have ever had a problem with usps.
That's what happen with my card from my last post.
JonMead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:28 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorsharp79 View Post
I shipped card in graded card sleeve inside another graded card sleeve with thick dummy cards cut to fit inside that covered the entire slab, then put in a bubble mailer. Have shipped that way plenty of times with no hiccups...it was not just put in there bare....looks like I will be paying the priority mail small flat rate box now on...not worth the headache over 3.50 more IMO
Not saying you weren't careful but I don't think you should put a graded card in a bubble mailer period, no matter how wrapped up it is. I've done it once or twice for low end graded but I would definitely go to a small box or small flat rate if I ever sent one again.
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:36 AM   #35 (permalink)

Believe it or not you are actually safer sending in a top loader with decoys then you are a magnetic. A magnetic breaks alot easier then a top loader believe it or not. A top loader is more flexible where a magnetic is stiff and would break just as easy as glass if dropped just right. Always use a flat rate box when sending high end especially graded high end. Those slabs are super safe if you are not moving the card from place to place. As soon as it starts to travel you risk it breaking. They have no give at all. Almost any impact will break or chip it.

Last edited by cking; 02-12-2013 at 12:39 AM.
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:37 AM   #36 (permalink)

I have filed a claim involving cards with USPS in the past and had success. The main difference was that my package was lost by USPS and never recovered. I had to submit copies of the completed listing, the paypal transaction, and proof of insurance purchased. It took about 3 weeks total and few calls but I was fully reimbursed in the end.

It wouldn't hurt to try and file the claim. That's what the insurance is for. I imagine that USPS would have to keep the item and you would have to provide proof of the damage to the card. Best of luck!
californiakron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:50 AM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbensbff View Post
USPS insurance claims tend to be a hassle. First off if you sold it here then you don't have the eBay listing for a "value".

USPS is very reluctant to accept claims on cards. It's going to be difficult to prove the $195 value on that card. They very rarely accept eBay completed listings or Beckett values to prove the value. To them you could have sent a 1990s common and over insured it.

There have been times on cards where they will only pay an amount less then you insured for. The reviewer will tell you that you over insured and we will only cover this for $100.

Shipcover is much better but I'm pretty sure that only is for eBay deals.

I also believe that even if you win full amount you are still out the card. if that happens you will use the insurance to refund your buyer and you have the damaged card.

In a nut shell, insurance claims are a nightmare on sports cards
Apparently USPS insurance claims differ greatly from person to person.

I had a Ryan Mallett NT RPA get destroyed through USPS. I had insured it for $300 and filed a claim. I was never even visited by a claims investigator/adjustor. I left copies of the pictures I had taken with my local PO and got a phone call from the Postal inspector. Claim was paid in full for $300.
geezhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:55 AM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy91409 View Post
ouch, I tried to ship with insurance on a 300 sale on here and the PO wouldnt even insure it unless i used a box
trixstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:09 AM   #39 (permalink)

Does BGS not do something about this? Aren't the cards supposed to be protected in those?

I'm honestly curious. I have 1 or 2 BGS slabs and can't imagine how that would happen inside the case.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:15 AM   #40 (permalink)

Also those saying it would "bust" through the penny sleeve. I don't know if you've ever cracked a BGS case and inspected the holder it's in inside. It's nothing like a penny sleeve, it's much thicker and it's sealed the entire way around the card. I really am baffled at how this happened. 1 in a million shot
trixstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:11 AM   #41 (permalink)
Banned

That sucks. I've had a slab damaged a lot worse than that by USPS and it didn't affect the card.
epic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:04 AM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBLeeDBaTTLeReD View Post
Bubble mailer for a high end slabbed card? I would have paid the extra $4 for a small flat rate box and sandwiched the card in foam to keep a tight fit. Never understood why people use bubble mailers for high end cards
agreed... a well packed BOX would have been the way to go on this one...
superynaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:05 AM   #43 (permalink)

Beckett holders are brittle. You must use multiple bubble mailers or a box.

I can't believe BGS still ships the way they do. I've received numerous chipped holders directly from them.

I always ask eBay sellers of BGS cards how they intend to ship. I'm tired of receiving damaged holders. One bubble mailer isn't sufficient.

EDIT:

Paypal receipt (if it provides information relating to the purchased item) is proof of purchase value. The difficult part, UPS is worse than USPS is proving that packaging was proper. After the fact, hard to do, even with all your supplies. If USPS pays, they purchase the card and the card becomes their property.

Last edited by fullmetal; 02-12-2013 at 08:10 AM.
fullmetal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:22 AM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geezhound View Post
Apparently USPS insurance claims differ greatly from person to person.

I had a Ryan Mallett NT RPA get destroyed through USPS. I had insured it for $300 and filed a claim. I was never even visited by a claims investigator/adjustor. I left copies of the pictures I had taken with my local PO and got a phone call from the Postal inspector. Claim was paid in full for $300.
you got very lucky as that is not the norm.

i forgot to add to my rant about proving that it was shipped properly. that is another headache.
bigbensbff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:56 AM   #45 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2554 View Post
Not saying you weren't careful but I don't think you should put a graded card in a bubble mailer period, no matter how wrapped up it is. I've done it once or twice for low end graded but I would definitely go to a small box or small flat rate if I ever sent one again.
well from now on every graded card will be sent in a box priority...post office sucks so bad they make more money by being sucky...cannot ship first class with any confidence any more.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:58 AM   #46 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

The only time I filed a claim, way back in the stone age (Pre 2000), anything over $50 was not handled at the local PO. I filed the claim and after 2 weeks I had to call some idiot in St. Louis.

They asked me what happened, the value of the items ruined and so forth.

I sent them the invoice and highlighted the items that were damaged.

You need to stay on these people like stink on poop.

I got my money back 8 months to the day after I filed the claim. And I called them every day starting 30 days in.

The local PO was supposed to keep the cards but gave them back to me and asked me not to sell them. They were worthless to me so I sent them back to the guy who bought them.

I believe that under $200 is handled on the local level though

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:06 AM   #47 (permalink)

I had to file a claim with USPS over a damaged poster signed by Mays, Bonds and Bonds. They gave me the money no problem. They do take the item and then destroy it.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:38 PM   #48 (permalink)

I was able to get my money back on a card that was damaged in transit. However, it was a little different. It was graded by PSA, and the slab broke. I think the card itself was fine. However, USPS refunded the total amount that was paid by the buyer.

They used the pictures as evidence, and they didn't take the item at all.
lisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:00 PM   #49 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisu View Post
I was able to get my money back on a card that was damaged in transit. However, it was a little different. It was graded by PSA, and the slab broke. I think the card itself was fine. However, USPS refunded the total amount that was paid by the buyer.

They used the pictures as evidence, and they didn't take the item at all.
Got check in the mail for the amount insured + 1.69 shipping...it was cut on the 19th...I filed claim on 13th...pretty fast, shocked me...never heard any thing from them via email, just went online filed claim, uploaded photos and check came today lol...was like haha