Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 09:34 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamamyers View Post
Hoe are those toploaders staying in place inside the plastic binder sleeve?
He is sealing them in. With the sealing machine he posted a link to

Rob Gronkowski RC collection 35/36 Any help is appreciated!
wingah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:49 AM   #27 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Sorted chronologically from oldest to newest issue and each year sorted alphabetically by set name.

All types together: base, insert, auto, jersey, patch, 1/1, etc, etc, etc.

Each card in appropriate thickness penny sleeve, appropriate thickness top loader and perfect size 'top loader' self-adhesive bag that I buy from China.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:11 AM   #28 (permalink)

i assumed the seal was for the whole sheet. it looks like each card is somehow heldin place indibidually, which would be hsrd to do withat that large sealer.
Buying large lots of the following:1993 Pacific Triple Folders Gold, 1996 Select Certified Artistís Proof, 1997 Topps Gallery Private Issue, 1998 Collectorís Edge Masters 50 Point, 1999 Prestige SSD Spectrum Gold, 2000 Topps Gallery Private Issue, 2001 Pacific Invincible Blue, 2002 Flair Collection, 2003 Skybox LE Gold Proofs
panamamyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:17 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
i assumed the seal was for the whole sheet. it looks like each card is somehow heldin place indibidually, which would be hsrd to do withat that large sealer.
He can make all the seals except 1 before he puts the cards in.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:27 AM   #30 (permalink)

that sealer looks to just make one long seal. it doesnt appear to have any measurement setting on it. in that photo, we see two inch sEals around the individual cards. with that sealer i wiuld think it would just be one long seal covering the length and width of the sleeve evey time. this is why i am asking the op if that sealer has some settings on it or what.
Buying large lots of the following:1993 Pacific Triple Folders Gold, 1996 Select Certified Artistís Proof, 1997 Topps Gallery Private Issue, 1998 Collectorís Edge Masters 50 Point, 1999 Prestige SSD Spectrum Gold, 2000 Topps Gallery Private Issue, 2001 Pacific Invincible Blue, 2002 Flair Collection, 2003 Skybox LE Gold Proofs
panamamyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:32 AM   #31 (permalink)

The picture he shows of the 4 printing plates....the cards arent sealed in...in that picture.

Old 02-18-2013, 11:12 AM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
that sealer looks to just make one long seal. it doesnt appear to have any measurement setting on it. in that photo, we see two inch sEals around the individual cards. with that sealer i wiuld think it would just be one long seal covering the length and width of the sleeve evey time. this is why i am asking the op if that sealer has some settings on it or what.
come on man...make the leap here! lol.

See my collection at: Bradshaw44.com
mindbinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:19 AM   #33 (permalink)
Banned

Sadly I have all mine in a box and then a fire proof cabinet
pierrethomasfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:35 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrethomasfan View Post
Sadly I have all mine in a box and then a fire proof cabinet
Yea id like to get something fire and water proof but it would probably cost a fortune for a really good one.

Old 02-18-2013, 12:02 PM   #35 (permalink)

Pretty sure it was member stang66dad (or whoever collects RA Dickey) but someone here posted a nice way of organizing there super collection. They had these cabinets/drawers from The Container Store.
ajscards101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:17 PM   #36 (permalink)

I keep all of my (non-rookie) base and unnumbered inserts in a big binder organized by date. Then I have all of my PC cards in the same box with index cards separating the numbered, rookies, GU and autos sections. I just write the category on the top of the index card to keep it all nice and clean.

As pc pickups come in, I probably keep them out and around to look at for a month or so and then organize them all in their spots when I'm ready. Sort of makes 'organization night' a fun thing to review that month's pickups and give me a reason to check out the box.

I thought about a lockbox, safe or fireproof box, but I can't give up the option of randomly pulling them out on a whim just to look.

Last edited by TheHelmutt; 02-18-2013 at 12:19 PM.
TheHelmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:20 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindbinge View Post
i thought that, but then i'd have to tape the toploaders to keep the cards from coming out....with the Mayo Mini's and stuff like that it would be a nightmare...plus the thicker GU stuff I don't like to put in tight, so they are usually a little loose in the toploaders...the team bag solves that problem.
If you don't feel like Arts and Crafts month, just send em to BGS for $8 or whatever the cheapest price is on 45 day grading. You can start to stack them in boxes too!
billmendez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:26 PM   #38 (permalink)

I have my base, rookie doubles and alot of my inserts in binders. They are organized by year and manufacturer. Easier to flip through and find what I'm missing that way. Everything else is jumbled lol.. Top loaders, magnetics, BGS.. Eventually I'll get it all together!
Krayzie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:34 PM   #39 (permalink)

all my pc cards are in toploaders in boxes sorted by year and alpha by product.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:34 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by billmendez View Post
If you don't feel like Arts and Crafts month, just send em to BGS for $8 or whatever the cheapest price is on 45 day grading. You can start to stack them in boxes too!
that would cost me over $8,000 and probably over $10,000 to do.

It's a collection...I don't mind putting in the time and effort to "make" my own storage solution...to me that just makes it more personal. I'm not interested in doing all of my other cards like that at this point, but I might in the future if this works out well....which I might get it all done and decide i'm not happy with it and go in a different direction? who knows.

See my collection at: Bradshaw44.com

Last edited by mindbinge; 02-18-2013 at 12:37 PM.
mindbinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:53 PM   #41 (permalink)

One of my favorite storage ideas came from I believe Mr. 264 who uses an old library filing cabinet in which he stores all of his toploaders.
Krayzie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:02 PM   #42 (permalink)

My goal is to get all of my cards in ablums sorted by player position with seperate albums for Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant cards. I am going to strive to have my PC organized by this year.

https://twitter.com/bbra9027
mrveggieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:16 PM   #43 (permalink)

I just have mine in 3 seperate boxes sorted by year, and then alphabetically by set. For example, 2009 Absolute, then Black, etc. etc. Base and autos are just where their set is.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:02 PM   #44 (permalink)

Location: Originally from Indiana, currently live in New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajscards101 View Post
Pretty sure it was member stang66dad (or whoever collects RA Dickey) but someone here posted a nice way of organizing there super collection. They had these cabinets/drawers from The Container Store.
Yes-- it is I!
For my high end/low serial "nice" stuff I put it in a Display frame that is UV protected. Actually need a second one because the one I have is overflowing (old pic below).

All my base stuff and inserts are placed in the classic 9 pocket sleeves inside an album.
I put my low serial number and odd ball stuff in my Container Store drawer:

stang66dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:34 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang66dad View Post
Yes-- it is I!
For my high end/low serial "nice" stuff I put it in a Display frame that is UV protected. Actually need a second one because the one I have is overflowing (old pic below).

All my base stuff and inserts are placed in the classic 9 pocket sleeves inside an album.

Dude that is freaking sweet.....can I have it lol
Old 02-19-2013, 03:08 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes-- it is I!

:O That.Is.Amazing.
twitter: @Truemountaineer
Truemountaineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:14 PM   #47 (permalink)

What's the saying--- If you have it flaunt it lol not a fan of spending a lot of money on something and having it stored in a box in the bottom of your closet where no one can see it lol
Old 02-19-2013, 03:24 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
What's the saying--- If you have it flaunt it lol not a fan of spending a lot of money on something and having it stored in a box in the bottom of your closet where no one can see it lol
so you only have 12 cards(or so) per drawer?? but what if youre the collector that would need like 5 of those drawers minimum to display your amount of cards? those boxes in the bottom of the closet, save room, and money...
Old 02-19-2013, 03:47 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03supto View Post
so you only have 12 cards(or so) per drawer?? but what if youre the collector that would need like 5 of those drawers minimum to display your amount of cards? those boxes in the bottom of the closet, save room, and money...
Possibly... But there are foam inserts that you can put in the drawer (been meaning to go out and get) that allow you to stack them for the deeper drawers therefore you can hold more that just 12 cards .. It all depends on if you want to spend the money.. I got this as a gift from my wife and love it. Like I said--- I spend my hard earned money on these cards so you better believe I'm going to take care of them and display them -- what would be the point in not doing so? My case and drawer is much better looking than say a shoe box or any box for that matter.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:09 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Possibly... But there are foam inserts that you can put in the drawer (been meaning to go out and get) that allow you to stack them for the deeper drawers therefore you can hold more that just 12 cards .. It all depends on if you want to spend the money.. I got this as a gift from my wife and love it. Like I said--- I spend my hard earned money on these cards so you better believe I'm going to take care of them and display them -- what would be the point in not doing so? My case and drawer is much better looking than say a shoe box or any box for that matter.
the case is delicious no doubt

but the drawers, how many do you have in that badboy?100?200? less than? curious...what's the dimensions on it?