Blowout Cards Forums
Baseball Card Singles

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 06:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2008 Mayo Retail Football

I've heard it mentioned a few times on here that in 2008, the Mayo Retail was better than the Hobby. Blowout put it on sale this past weekend so I picked up a case of it. Can anyone verify that retail was a good break? Anybody know about what to expect out of a box or a case of it? I don't think that there are any declared odds of a hit for the retail. Anyone have any experience with it?

Looking for Andre Dawson Serial numbered cards that are his jersey number - either #8 or #10. So looking for cards like 8/8 or 08/99 or 10/250.
ddearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 06:15 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddearing View Post
I've heard it mentioned a few times on here that in 2008, the Mayo Retail was better than the Hobby. Blowout put it on sale this past weekend so I picked up a case of it. Can anyone verify that retail was a good break? Anybody know about what to expect out of a box or a case of it? I don't think that there are any declared odds of a hit for the retail. Anyone have any experience with it?
I know a couple of the red autos out of 10 were pulled in retail. And heard numerous times that it was a better buy than the hobby box.
Zacky1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 06:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
mdh

I don't know about the retail boxes, but I know that the retail blasters had some decent stuff. I think out of my case of 16 blasters, I hit 8 gu/auto items.
mdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 07:41 PM   #4 (permalink)

From your experience - would you think that the blasters have a better insertion rate of hits than the retail boxes?

Looking for Andre Dawson Serial numbered cards that are his jersey number - either #8 or #10. So looking for cards like 8/8 or 08/99 or 10/250.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
mdh

I really couldn't tell you. I didn't open a single pack, much less box of retail, aside from the blasters. But like I said, the blasters were very nice to me!
mdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:42 PM   #6 (permalink)

A friend of mine the other day bought a 24 pack retail box and 3 Blasters. He only got one game used out of 45 retail packs. Not sure if that helps. He consigned all of them to me to sell for him, you can see the listings if you want on my ebay link.
07 Adrian Peterson RC AUTO NATIONAL TREASURES Signature Gold (Serial/25).
See @ s368.photobucket.com/albums/oo122/ilovenip/Cards/TOP%203%20PULLS
ilovenip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:08 PM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to bigboysoffootball

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovenip View Post
A friend of mine the other day bought a 24 pack retail box and 3 Blasters. He only got one game used out of 45 retail packs. Not sure if that helps. He consigned all of them to me to sell for him, you can see the listings if you want on my ebay link.
Looks like you have 09 Mayo cards listed which I think is not as good as 08 was for retail packs which is what I think the OP is talking about.

R.I.P PAPAJIM
bigboysoffootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 07:07 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboysoffootball View Post
Looks like you have 09 Mayo cards listed which I think is not as good as 08 was for retail packs which is what I think the OP is talking about.
My bad. Thats what happens when you post things after bedtime. I bought a lot of 08 Mayo Retail, along with Blasters and had very good luck. Mostly the Blasters. I think I pulled 4 Autos, and 3-5 Game Used. That was out of about 50 packs total, Retial!
07 Adrian Peterson RC AUTO NATIONAL TREASURES Signature Gold (Serial/25).
See @ s368.photobucket.com/albums/oo122/ilovenip/Cards/TOP%203%20PULLS
ilovenip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 04:19 PM   #9 (permalink)

I know out of about 6 blasters last year I pulled 2 autos one of John Carlson and one of Matt Ryan! I could not believe that I pulled a Matt Ryan auto out of a blaster from Walmart. I also pulled two jerseys so yes retail last yr was very good. Also this year out of one pack from 09 Mayo retail I pulled a Beanie Wells auto! I just bought the pack to see what they looked like this year then Bam Wells auto!
Mikegno5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:07 PM   #10 (permalink)

Sounds like all of this is coming from the blasters. I'll make sure that I post the break on the retail boxes when I get them in this week. BTW - looks like I got the last case that BO wanted to sell cheap as the case price went up like $80 after I bought mine.