Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2013, 01:05 PM   #51 (permalink)
Member
 
wheeler281's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 5,537
Send a message via AIM to wheeler281
Default

Looks like they back doored some 1/1 prizmatics this year. One guy in Texas(hmmm) selling lacy 1/1's and others etc. What are the chances
__________________
Collecting Cardboard of The Black N Gold Variety
Carmelo Anthony, Dion Waiters & Michael Carter Williams
wheeler281 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:15 PM   #52 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,547
Send a message via AIM to dustin9900 Send a message via Yahoo to dustin9900
Default

No Lattimore or Ellington yet on the bay.....One Hopkins so far.
__________________
need to update but here's my bucket: s595.photobucket.com/albums/tt37/dustin9900/
Teams I collect: Atlanta Braves, South Carolina Gamecocks
Players I collect: Sidney Rice, Chipper Jones, Cal Ripken Jr., Nolan Ryan
dustin9900 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:15 PM   #53 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler281 View Post
Looks like they back doored some 1/1 prizmatics this year. One guy in Texas(hmmm) selling lacy 1/1's and others etc. What are the chances
When you bust 20 cases the odds are pretty good. I don't know if they guarantee it or not but there's pretty much at least 1 1/1 of some sort in every case.
WJCIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:18 PM   #54 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixstar View Post
I guess if you get in and get out the $ is there, stuff just falls off the earth once the NFL stuff hits. Don't you feel you would do better with auctions though instead of the high BIN's you have? Just a honest question really no knock on you.
That's a fair question and certainly not a bad approach but I'm simply sticking with what has worked for me in the past. I've done this every year with Leaf Metal football and I've always come out ahead so I'm taking an "if it ain't broke don't fix it" approach. It could turn out to be the wrong decision but I guess time will tell.
WJCIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:18 PM   #55 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,547
Send a message via AIM to dustin9900 Send a message via Yahoo to dustin9900
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJCIII View Post
When you bust 20 cases the odds are pretty good. I don't know if they guarantee it or not but there's pretty much at least 1 1/1 of some sort in every case.
Don't worry it's Leaf, haters are going to hate.

So pull any of Mr. Lattimore? Would be interested in even some base.
__________________
need to update but here's my bucket: s595.photobucket.com/albums/tt37/dustin9900/
Teams I collect: Atlanta Braves, South Carolina Gamecocks
Players I collect: Sidney Rice, Chipper Jones, Cal Ripken Jr., Nolan Ryan
dustin9900 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:19 PM   #56 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,547
Send a message via AIM to dustin9900 Send a message via Yahoo to dustin9900
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJCIII View Post
That's a fair question and certainly not a bad approach but I'm simply sticking with what has worked for me in the past. I've done this every year with Leaf Metal football and I've always come out ahead so I'm taking an "if it ain't broke don't fix it" approach. It could turn out to be the wrong decision but I guess time will tell.
I personally like the college stuff. And there are plenty others that feel the same way. But yeah its more of a sell it fast type of product. Get it while its hot.
__________________
need to update but here's my bucket: s595.photobucket.com/albums/tt37/dustin9900/
Teams I collect: Atlanta Braves, South Carolina Gamecocks
Players I collect: Sidney Rice, Chipper Jones, Cal Ripken Jr., Nolan Ryan
dustin9900 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:36 PM   #57 (permalink)
Member
 
wheeler281's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 5,537
Send a message via AIM to wheeler281
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustin9900 View Post
Don't worry it's Leaf, haters are going to hate.
I love leaf and I actually like Brian as well as college gear. In fact he has helped quite a bit with some Pete Rose's I had questions to through personal email. So that comment has absolutely no bearing on me. "haters going to hate"?? What are we 12

Something just does not add up so I commented...Very easy to disprove though
__________________
Collecting Cardboard of The Black N Gold Variety
Carmelo Anthony, Dion Waiters & Michael Carter Williams

Last edited by wheeler281; 02-27-2013 at 01:39 PM.
wheeler281 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:10 PM   #58 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler281 View Post
I love leaf and I actually like Brian as well as college gear. In fact he has helped quite a bit with some Pete Rose's I had questions to through personal email. So that comment has absolutely no bearing on me. "haters going to hate"?? What are we 12

Something just does not add up so I commented...Very easy to disprove though
I definitely beat the odds on the supers. All other odds on blues, greens, reds, etc. were pretty average and I got crushed on the odds on the redemption card. I got pretty lucky with the players too but if you notice I got no Geno or Barkley, the 2 biggest guys in the set.
WJCIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:23 PM   #59 (permalink)
Member
 
wheeler281's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 5,537
Send a message via AIM to wheeler281
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJCIII View Post
I definitely beat the odds on the supers. All other odds on blues, greens, reds, etc. were pretty average and I got crushed on the odds on the redemption card. I got pretty lucky with the players too but if you notice I got no Geno or Barkley, the 2 biggest guys in the set.
see and I think you did well. Geno and Barkley by camp will not be the biggest guys in the set. This is a RB year
__________________
Collecting Cardboard of The Black N Gold Variety
Carmelo Anthony, Dion Waiters & Michael Carter Williams
wheeler281 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:28 PM   #60 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler281 View Post
see and I think you did well. Geno and Barkley by camp will not be the biggest guys in the set. This is a RB year
I absolutely love Eddie Lacy which you can tell from my high prices on him. I think he's a 25 carry per game back and if he ends up in a place like Green Bay his stuff will be huge. I also like Lattimore, Bernard, Barner, and a couple of other guys. I do think Geno will be good and this could very well be a year where you find a diamond in the rough from guys like Tyler Wilson, Tyler Bray, and E.J. Manuel. I like the potential from the guys I pulled but I definitely think from a selling perspective Geno and Barkley are the guys to pull. Maybe not long term but temporarily at least.
WJCIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:35 PM   #61 (permalink)
Member
 
pnft17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,044
Default

Great timing from Leaf on this with combine. Good product to get in on early
\
Funny how people complain about anything. Now we even have people crying about getting a product too early. Next will here people bitching they didn't pull any redemptions.

Te'o and Honey Badger will sell well.

Last edited by pnft17; 02-27-2013 at 02:38 PM.
pnft17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:00 PM   #62 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,493
Default

Just pulled the Mystery cut / art redemption that is rumored to be Johnny Manziel.

Any guess how many of these were inserted?
Bryanjs14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:29 PM   #63 (permalink)
Member
 
FreeMan12406's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: The Heart of Texas
Posts: 13,409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajscards101 View Post
Happen to pull any Conner Vernon? (duke WR)
Looks like I'll have some competition!
__________________
Bury me alive, bury me with pride
Bury me with berries, that forbidden fruit and cherry wine
Thank you berry much, but tonight's my night and I'm Barry Bonds
Swingin' for the fences, barbaric Kendrick in idle time
Kendrick Lamar
FreeMan12406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:33 PM   #64 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 6,916
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeMan12406 View Post
Looks like I'll have some competition!


I'm not really looking for anything and everything, just one or two autos of his for my Duke PC.

ajscards101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:18 AM   #65 (permalink)
Member
 
wheeler281's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 5,537
Send a message via AIM to wheeler281
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler281 View Post
Looks like they back doored some 1/1 prizmatics this year. One guy in Texas(hmmm) selling lacy 1/1's and others etc. What are the chances
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJCIII View Post
When you bust 20 cases the odds are pretty good. I don't know if they guarantee it or not but there's pretty much at least 1 1/1 of some sort in every case.

I just found out you work for Leaf. It all makes sense now
__________________
Collecting Cardboard of The Black N Gold Variety
Carmelo Anthony, Dion Waiters & Michael Carter Williams
wheeler281 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:09 AM   #66 (permalink)
Member
 
matt roberson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 2,384
Default

^ truth?...........
__________________
PCing....2012 Nick Toon and Russell Wilson, 2005 Aaron Rodgers and any Jerry Rice.... that I like.
GO Packers, GO Badgers!
http://s1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii625/robeythe1/
matt roberson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:13 AM   #67 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 6,916
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler281 View Post
I just found out you work for Leaf. It all makes sense now
Proof????

.
ajscards101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:46 AM   #68 (permalink)
Member
 
wheeler281's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 5,537
Send a message via AIM to wheeler281
Default

Do not need proof for all to see I am commenting to him. If he wants to he can respond.
__________________
Collecting Cardboard of The Black N Gold Variety
Carmelo Anthony, Dion Waiters & Michael Carter Williams
wheeler281 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:56 AM   #69 (permalink)
Member
 
matt roberson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 2,384
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler281 View Post
Do not need proof for all to see I am commenting to him. If he wants to he can respond.
Is it true though?....... He can choose to defend himself or not but the masses still deserve to know if this is the truth.
__________________
PCing....2012 Nick Toon and Russell Wilson, 2005 Aaron Rodgers and any Jerry Rice.... that I like.
GO Packers, GO Badgers!
http://s1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii625/robeythe1/
matt roberson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:02 PM   #70 (permalink)
Member
 
wheeler281's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 5,537
Send a message via AIM to wheeler281
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt roberson View Post
Is it true though?....... He can choose to defend himself or not but the masses still deserve to know if this is the truth.
not sure of the role at the company but he does work there.

edit not saying anything was fraudulent. Just makes sense as to why he wold buy 20 cases imo. On the surface it looks bad but could be a completely legit transaction. I mean if i worked at any manufacturer I would use my company discount to purchase cards as well. Some should read the book card sharks. UD use to give cases as options
__________________
Collecting Cardboard of The Black N Gold Variety
Carmelo Anthony, Dion Waiters & Michael Carter Williams

Last edited by wheeler281; 03-04-2013 at 12:15 PM.
wheeler281 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:17 PM   #71 (permalink)
Member
 
Junior Griffey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,267
Default

It is true that he works for them in some capacity, but he is a standup guy. Not the best looking move from Leaf's standpoint, but Joe is a standup guy.
__________________
Collecting University of Michigan alum 1/1's in football and basketball. I also collect Ken Griffey Jr. autos, Chicago Blackhawks, and Kobe Bryant autos.
Junior Griffey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:25 PM   #72 (permalink)
Member
 
FreeMan12406's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: The Heart of Texas
Posts: 13,409
Default

Leaf Valiant is up on eBay. Just picked up a Conner Vernon green.
__________________
Bury me alive, bury me with pride
Bury me with berries, that forbidden fruit and cherry wine
Thank you berry much, but tonight's my night and I'm Barry Bonds
Swingin' for the fences, barbaric Kendrick in idle time
Kendrick Lamar
FreeMan12406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:08 PM   #73 (permalink)
Member
 
cinnakaok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 5,495
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeMan12406 View Post
Leaf Valiant is up on eBay. Just picked up a Conner Vernon green.
can't wait to see your start. Just picked up two Josh Boyce Valiant's today
__________________
The Jeremy Kerley Collector

9 1/1's
cinnakaok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:59 PM   #74 (permalink)
Member
 
matt roberson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 2,384
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler281 View Post
not sure of the role at the company but he does work there.

edit not saying anything was fraudulent. Just makes sense as to why he wold buy 20 cases imo. On the surface it looks bad but could be a completely legit transaction. I mean if i worked at any manufacturer I would use my company discount to purchase cards as well. Some should read the book card sharks. UD use to give cases as options
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Griffey View Post
It is true that he works for them in some capacity, but he is a standup guy. Not the best looking move from Leaf's standpoint, but Joe is a standup guy.
They should almost not let employees buy the product just because it looks shady, or make them wait a week or two after release.

The fact that they get pick of the litter and more then likely a discount is shady as #@#@#@#@ IMO (not talkig about the seller, more about Mr. Grey and his company)

think about it? What if the employees pooled their money and bought and busted until they hit the grail of the product (or a big ass hit, what if they only bought a case and hit the grail before you had the chance to buy some)..... then Leaf sells the rest to the public without disclosing that info.

Not to mention they would be killing the secondary market before non employees could even buy, bust and list.....THIS HAPPENED.

Sounds way to easy....this was just for example, I have no insider info on what happened.

The more I hear about Leaf though, the shadier they seem.

With that said I do really like Leaf draft.
I just wish UD had a chrome product so I could get shiny refractors of Badgers with logos on their jerseys and cards.
__________________
PCing....2012 Nick Toon and Russell Wilson, 2005 Aaron Rodgers and any Jerry Rice.... that I like.
GO Packers, GO Badgers!
http://s1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii625/robeythe1/
matt roberson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:47 PM   #75 (permalink)
Member
 
wheeler281's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 5,537
Send a message via AIM to wheeler281
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt roberson View Post
They should almost not let employees buy the product just because it looks shady, or make them wait a week or two after release.
I agree but it is well documented all the companies have an employee option. Just made sense to me why some would would bust 20 cases of Leaf.(because of a discount)
__________________
Collecting Cardboard of The Black N Gold Variety
Carmelo Anthony, Dion Waiters & Michael Carter Williams
wheeler281 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.