Blowout Cards Forums
Baseball Prospect

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2013, 09:01 PM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJCIII View Post
I absolutely love Eddie Lacy which you can tell from my high prices on him. I think he's a 25 carry per game back and if he ends up in a place like Green Bay his stuff will be huge. I also like Lattimore, Bernard, Barner, and a couple of other guys. I do think Geno will be good and this could very well be a year where you find a diamond in the rough from guys like Tyler Wilson, Tyler Bray, and E.J. Manuel. I like the potential from the guys I pulled but I definitely think from a selling perspective Geno and Barkley are the guys to pull. Maybe not long term but temporarily at least.
It has been confirmed that you do in fact work for Leaf in some capacity.
Why are you not acknowledging that fact? You claim to have spent $16,000 with your employer? You didn't get a discount for buying from your place of employment? Were you able to "randomly" pick 16 cases or were they selected for you?
goldenegg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:24 PM   #77 (permalink)

Why acknowledge it and feed the trolls? Who gives a rat's ass? It doesn't look bad on him, it looks bad on Leaf. If Brian is ok with it, then why should this seller care? I doubt he told them which cards he wanted in his cases, which is what I feel like you're implying.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:24 PM   #78 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Griffey View Post
Why acknowledge it and feed the trolls? Who gives a rat's ass? It doesn't look bad on him, it looks bad on Leaf. If Brian is ok with it, then why should this seller care? I doubt he told them which cards he wanted in his cases, which is what I feel like you're implying.
I'm not saying he asked for certain cards in his cases, but he is an employee, maybe he knew or someone knew which cards were in which case? Who knows? The facts are he is an employee and beat the odds big time. If nothing was wrong fine, but perception goes a really long way, and I'm surprised this isn't getting the attention it deserves, but that is just me. Where is cardcop when you need him?
goldenegg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:39 AM   #79 (permalink)

He hit a run of supers, but only got one mystery redemption in 20 cases. Where there's smoke, there's not always fire.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:36 AM   #80 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Griffey View Post
He hit a run of supers, but only got one mystery redemption in 20 cases. Where there's smoke, there's not always fire.
Talking about the king of backdoor Brian Gray. He sells his own Leaf singles and also printed tons of extra purples one year if I remember.

IMO- full disclosure wold have ended all speculation. Maybe a quote like "Hey guys I actually work for Leaf and get a discount and took advantage and bought 20 cases and thats how I had so many" Maybe Joe should just have kept quiet instead of going into every leaf thread on every board.

Now it appears shady on so many levels. He may in fact be a stand up guy but he brought anything like this on himself. Who buys 20 cases of Leaf in a non Luck or RGIII unless you got a crazy deal by BG
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." -QB John Elway On Jack Lambert(1983)
wheeler281 is offline   Reply With Quote