Blowout Cards Forums
ebay event 8.25.14

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2013, 02:54 PM   #26 (permalink)

I just wish i had a lcs around me...

Magic Auto Collector
Dubmoney23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:44 PM   #27 (permalink)

The LCS closest to me never sells anything below what the company suggests. Panini puts a 100 price point on a box and he will have it for 110 or more plus tax. So I have to travel 45 minutes to save a ton of money.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:23 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ediii33 View Post
The LCS closest to me never sells anything below what the company suggests. Panini puts a 100 price point on a box and he will have it for 110 or more plus tax. So I have to travel 45 minutes to save a ton of money.
That sucks. If I remember right, this store was trying to sell a hobby box of 2012 Crown Royale for $170.

Blowout has the box for $90 right now and it retails for $100. If they were selling it for $120 or less, I probably wouldn't say anything.

There's just too much competition in this area to sell it at that price. Just seems like they're trying to take advantage of people.
My Pogoplug Bucket: http://ppl.ug/M_eeh-V4TY0/
pitterchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:38 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitterchi View Post
That sucks. If I remember right, this store was trying to sell a hobby box of 2012 Crown Royale for $170.

Blowout has the box for $90 right now and it retails for $100. If they were selling it for $120 or less, I probably wouldn't say anything.

There's just too much competition in this area to sell it at that price. Just seems like they're trying to take advantage of people.
They gouge Big Time. No real competition in the area and they know it.
antrodemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:45 PM   #30 (permalink)

I like the card shop in my city. Sure the prices are a little higher, but you also get points for every $10 worth of cards you purchase. They also have a layaway plan for autographed helmets, jerseys, and such like.
starfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:49 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfox View Post
I like the card shop in my city. Sure the prices are a little higher, but you also get points for every $10 worth of cards you purchase. They also have a layaway plan for autographed helmets, jerseys, and such like.
The layaway plan got me my Walter Payton & Johnny Unitas rookies.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:20 PM   #32 (permalink)

Well my LCS just recently took a turn for the worst. The owner is an awesome guy but recently he's decided to spend less time there so he hired some help. Well the guys he's hired have basically allowed their buddies to come in, open a fresh box and open packs until they pull all the hits and then put that box back and open a new one and repeat. So basically either I could buy a box or buy packs with ZERO chance at a jersey or auto. I would still go there but not when I can get the same boxes offline for $20-80 cheaper.
Just sucks not being able to stop in whenever I'm at the mall to grab some packs, especially since I'm limited on money and am only to buy a few boxes a year at the most. So now its hope they have some chrome since I'll still have a shot at some nice refractors, hope I can find chrome blasters, or sit around and deal with the itch to bust until I can afford to order a box online.
JFBanicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:47 PM   #33 (permalink)

How do you know this for sure?
pham504 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:50 PM   #34 (permalink)

My lcs is the bomb! Very nice service and has a ton of new and vintage cards! He has prizm at 4.00$ a pack and contenders at 7.50$ i beleive
Pending Deals:
Ivanrf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:15 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKHMERICA View Post
Not true! There's House of Cards and Sportabilia near Salt Lake But yes the one in Orem is way too out of the way lol. Went there once a few months ago. Couldn't make it to the show yesterday sadly, too far.
Ya Mr.E is usually pretty spendy, but he has had fair prices lately.
Oilngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:33 AM   #36 (permalink)

This store has been sold. Hopefully it will be a better experience going forward.

Annandale Comic Book and Collectors Shop Gets New Owners - Annandale, VA Patch
Old 05-07-2013, 09:37 AM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonMead View Post
down here in florida i have to go over an hour an a half for a true LCS but the place i buy boxes is 20 minutes down the road it is phyisically impossible for any store online or not to beat there prices ill bet on it. he only sells supplies and boxes. but there isnt a shop ive heard of that has his prices. i was paying 65 a box for 2012 HOBBY chrome up untill mid december when he ran out and wouldnt order any more.
Where in Florida do you live? I'm in the Ft. Lauderdale area and am looking for a decent shop in the area.
dolphinsdude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:49 AM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitterchi View Post
Sorry, I didn't know where to put this and since I mostly collect Football, I thought I'd post it here.

I live in the Northern Virginia area fairly close to the Fantastic Store. I was getting my haircut in another area and thought I would check out the competitor and see what they had. I walk in and they greeted me and asked if they could help with anything. They told me that they're in the middle of restocking. I think they were trying to explain why they had nothing in their display cases.

I said fine. I told them I needed some more top loaders they said they had plenty of that. I pick up a set of top loaders. I go to where the football cards are and they show me the boxes which were nearly twice the price that I'm used to. I tell them that I'm probably looking for packs and not boxes. Then I go to their packs and see their prices. Topps Magic for $6.65, Contenders for $10. Ouch.

I shouldn't have been surprised considering the cost of the boxes but I was. They asked me If I wanted any. I told them they were quite a bit more expensive and I wasn't interested. At that point it got weird.

The employee tried to justify the costs because they have the best pulls. I told them that the store I usually buy packs from has them considerably cheaper. They asked me where I usually go and I told them the Fantastic Store. First they acted like they didn't know where it was so I told them they're in Chantilly. They proceeded to tell me that the Fantastic Store searches their cases for the case hit and sells the other boxes. I told them thats a little strange since they don't really sell singles. He argued with me that they do. I told him that I buy packs from them all the time and have pulled auto's and patch cards. (I also have pulled 1/1 prizm finites from 2 of their boxes but I didn't mention that). He continued to go on while I put back the toploaders I was intending on buying and just left as he was offering to sell me some case hit Lebron James card.

It felt like I was buying a used car from the guy and I left the store wondering WTF just happened.

I won't be going back to the place.

Are your LCS's this bad? Is there a way to search for a case hit without opening box after box?

I just felt like these guys were lying to me to buy some over priced packs. Sad...

Thanks for reading!
I have had two different LCS's accuse BO of the same things as far as hits, searching and funneling the best boxes/cases to preferred customers. I think it is just a way to justify why their prices are so much higher. Instead of trying to compete they attack the other company.

Datkiem was a mad genius and way ahead of his time.
jmscoggin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:15 PM   #39 (permalink)

Sorry about this crappy experience. My LCS matches online prices, let's us crack fresh cases and pick our boxes, and even saves boxes we choose from cases so that we can bust them later.

There are good LCS owners out there, but I've certainly visited my fair share of LCS's in the cities I travel to and I can say that the majority of them are pretty rough.
Olajuwon, Drexler, Earl Campbell/Longhorns, Byfuglien, Red Wings, Patrick/Evander Kane
pengages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:36 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by antrodemus View Post
This store has been sold. Hopefully it will be a better experience going forward.

Thank god!
Old 05-07-2013, 02:05 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by antrodemus View Post

Thanks for posting I'll stop by and check it out next time i'm in the area.
My Pogoplug Bucket: http://ppl.ug/M_eeh-V4TY0/
pitterchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:06 PM   #42 (permalink)
Banned

Sounds like a retail store or like a tv retail store trying to get you to buy one thing thats higher than anywhere else. Sad man.
Brandon2598 is offline   Reply With Quote