Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2013, 12:12 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetscollector10 View Post
Also, don't give up on USPS yet. I've had a few cases where it dissapears in tracking, but finds its way eventually.
I am giving it another week. I most likely will give it a little more than that! I have alot of time to esculate my claim. I am not out for money, and I really want the RGIII!
Old 03-04-2013, 02:26 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler281 View Post
You have handled it completely right imo. I hope you get the cards in the next few days. Sorry to hear about your issues
got a response from chris that he doesnt think he is responsible. But, EXCUSE ME! If I bought from blowout and my product did not come, they have issued me new product, refund or credit for future product.

I go to best buy online and order something, do I pay insurance? NO! If its lost, they send me a replacement or refund my money.

I even deal with amazon and they have refunded my money in the past AND shipped the new item.

Im pissed right now! I paid 5-6 for shipping and he thinks i take the cheap way out?? He only sends the hits to me, and puts it into sleeves and top loaders. If your a shop, isnt top loading and sleeves a given? And to ship costs what 2.00?

PLUS, as wheeler said just get the ball going! I did not esculate the paypal claim! I have over a month to do so! I am going to wait a couple more weeks and I told him i would not even esculate. I did let him know as a business we should be first and that insurance should be up to him. I didnt know I had an RGIII until after 7 pm that night! I bought the box of crown in the afternoon at work!

Last edited by BearsFaninCltNC; 03-04-2013 at 02:28 PM.
BearsFaninCltNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:30 PM   #28 (permalink)
Banned

He IS at fault this card should've been insurance AND sig required at YOUR cost he should've given you the option with what you hit.
JonMead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:32 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonMead View Post
He IS at fault this card should've been insurance AND sig required at YOUR cost he should've given you the option with what you hit.
exactly, he never emailed and said, by the way you may have something of value that may need insurance. So if a 1/1 luck is hit you send it with reg paypal and no insurance!

I could be after him because their is more then 80 bucks at stake, but I am not. I only want the box price back! Plus, I will most likely not esculate this as it could be just the lazy ole USPS!
Old 03-04-2013, 02:32 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearsFaninCltNC View Post
got a response from chris that he doesnt think he is responsible. But, EXCUSE ME! If I bought from blowout and my product did not come, they have issued me new product, refund or credit for future product.

I go to best buy online and order something, do I pay insurance? NO! If its lost, they send me a replacement or refund my money.

I even deal with amazon and they have refunded my money in the past AND shipped the new item.

Im pissed right now! I paid 5-6 for shipping and he thinks i take the cheap way out?? He only sends the hits to me, and puts it into sleeves and top loaders. If your a shop, isnt top loading and sleeves a given? And to ship costs what 2.00?

PLUS, as wheeler said just get the ball going! I did not esculate the paypal claim! I have over a month to do so! I am going to wait a couple more weeks and I told him i would not even esculate. I did let him know as a business we should be first and that insurance should be up to him. I didnt know I had an RGIII until after 7 pm that night! I bought the box of crown in the afternoon at work!
Well, not all LCS's agree with just giving customers toploaders haha.

Anyway, I hate that you are going through this with Chris. He has never, not once, given me anything to worry about. Up until this, anyone would be hard pressed to find anything negative against him..

Well, let's hope that the RGIII is simply misplaced and the USPS locates it and get's the package to you. This needs clearing up asap!

Last edited by DOUGSEVIER54; 03-04-2013 at 03:31 PM.
DOUGSEVIER54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:33 PM   #31 (permalink)

I like Chris' videos but he is 100% WRONG here.

File the claim and then he'll learn who is responsible.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:24 PM   #32 (permalink)

I had this happen with a $7.00 eBay card I sold. Tracking hit Fayetteville, then nothing. Buyer emailed me after a week, I checked at the post office, they couldn't find it. I refunded the buyer and told him if it did show up he could keep it.

Two weeks after that, tracking was updated, and the buyer received the card. Luckily, I package very securely, as the package was COVERED in some sticky, slimy substance. Our best guess is something spilled on the padded envelope, and it ended up stuck to the inside of a bin somewhere. They finally noticed it, and peeled it off, to finish it's journey.

But my point is, after a week with no updates, and the post office stating that they couldn't find the package, I refunded the buyer. If it had been a more expensive item, I would have sent it insured, and when it didn't turn up, I would have refunded the buyer, and fought with USPS for my money, but since I didn't, as the seller, it is all on me.

Situations like this don't happen that often, but they do happen, and a seller needs to be prepared with a fair, customer service-oriented solution in place.

I am a network admin. If you see me laughing, pray you have a recent backup.
Deathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:34 PM   #33 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

Quote:
got a response from chris that he doesnt think he is responsible. !

Wow not what I expected. regardless hope it get there and if not you will win anyways
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." -QB John Elway On Jack Lambert(1983)
wheeler281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:36 PM   #34 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to rednecksims

Fayetteville is south of you. Thats the area I live in. Not sure why it came here as Charlotte and Raleigh are the main sorting facilities.

David
rednecksims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:39 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednecksims View Post
Fayetteville is south of you. Thats the area I live in. Not sure why it came here as Charlotte and Raleigh are the main sorting facilities.

David
Opps, i take 77 north to salisbury. yes its 74 to go east and hit fayetteville. It is the mid point from here to the beach.

I am giving this more time so no one needs to do any further judging, the PO prob misrouted. Does it hurt to send in the claim? No

I get this when I am on ebay too, I send a claim after usually 3 weeks but I do not esculate. Not sure why this is wrong to do? Does it put a freeze on your account or something? I am not sure why people get so upset over it? You have to hit the link or button to say esculate to paypal!

Last edited by BearsFaninCltNC; 03-04-2013 at 03:46 PM.
BearsFaninCltNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:41 PM   #36 (permalink)

Crappy situation...you both did your part IMO and the post office blew it. I bet the cards get there eventually
Old 03-04-2013, 03:50 PM   #37 (permalink)

I had the same thing happen to a andy dalton contenders no logo bgs 9.5.....it left the sort facility in my state, but never was scanned again!! I was out $200

and to jsk...mine never showed up......it was sent in early october!!
bradsholly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:06 PM   #38 (permalink)

Chris is such a class guy, I'd hate to think that he is entirely at fault here. There are three parties involved, not two - but you are snowballing Chris and the USPS as one entity. If Chris reimburses you, then he's out double the money. I'd say wait a few more days since you have time to escalate the issue on paypal - souring your relationship with Chris isn't the best way to approach the issue that this point, in my opinion.

Good luck resolving the case.
jumbogorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:16 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbogorilla View Post
Chris is such a class guy, I'd hate to think that he is entirely at fault here. There are three parties involved, not two - but you are snowballing Chris and the USPS as one entity. If Chris reimburses you, then he's out double the money. I'd say wait a few more days since you have time to escalate the issue on paypal - souring your relationship with Chris isn't the best way to approach the issue that this point, in my opinion.

Good luck resolving the case.
Oh I know he is, I never posted this to out him. I wanted people to be on the look out for my cards if they turned up anywhere.

Some have suggested to file my case. You only get some much time to do so. Once filed I have a month or so to resolve, meaning I can wait to see if the card arrives. If I put in the claim tommorow, then yes that is snowballing him. If it turns up, he has my purchase and i have my cards. Will I buy insurance in the future, most likely not! I think I am done with purchasing this way. If I paid for just the wax and not to rip what do you then? I shouldnt have to pay for insurance for a box/boxes of cards. I dont buy cases here, but does blowout charge insurance even on a case which 9/10 is 1000+ ??
Old 03-04-2013, 04:18 PM   #40 (permalink)

Insurance would have only covered the value of the box. Trust me. I'm still waiting on a claim I filed in September for something non hobby related. Seems like they're honoring what I paid for them, not what they're valued at, even though I bought enough insurance for the value.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:34 PM   #41 (permalink)

Chris is awesome, I buy stuff from him all the time and never have had any issues, but he can over-charge for shipping. If he charged $5-7 for shipping for a single box break - he should have had the package insured.

However, I personally wouldn't have opened a case. It's only been about a week since the package was last tracked. USPS can be screwed up. Recently I shipped something to Hawaii and it sat at a California sorting facility for almost three weeks. Another time I bought a bat on eBay and it arrived SIX MONTHS late.

Give it a little time, if you never get the package or it's damaged, Chris owes you.

Sorry Chris, I love ya man.. but you have to insure high-end stuff to protect yourself.

Last edited by NewAgeHardcore; 03-04-2013 at 04:43 PM.
NewAgeHardcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:37 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Oh I know he is, I never posted this to out him. I wanted people to be on the look out for my cards if they turned up anywhere.

Some have suggested to file my case. You only get some much time to do so. Once filed I have a month or so to resolve, meaning I can wait to see if the card arrives. If I put in the claim tommorow, then yes that is snowballing him. If it turns up, he has my purchase and i have my cards. Will I buy insurance in the future, most likely not! I think I am done with purchasing this way. If I paid for just the wax and not to rip what do you then? I shouldnt have to pay for insurance for a box/boxes of cards. I dont buy cases here, but does blowout charge insurance even on a case which 9/10 is 1000+ ??

I hear ya. That's why I seldom order from Chris anymore, because I don't want a shipping snafu and also opening the packs myself is plenty fun. That said, Chris' store seems to always have a the better pulls. (Conspiracy theory, anyone? )
jumbogorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:44 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednecksims View Post

David
I live in extreme SE North carolina, and everything I mail USPS goes through Fayetteville, even stuff I mail to Wilmington (30 miles north of me). Main sort facilities in NC are USPS through Fayetteville, UPS through Raleigh, and FedEx through Charlotte.

I am a network admin. If you see me laughing, pray you have a recent backup.
Deathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:11 PM   #44 (permalink)

I would definately wait a little longer to escalate the claim (as it appears you are doing). I just recently had a package shipped to New York and when it left the sorting facility it suddenly disappeared. This went on for over 2 weeks. I called and opened up two different cases but of course the brilliant people at the USPS both times forwarded my request to my local post office, not to the New York office. I dont know if they just happened to find the package, or if the buyer went to the post office directly as I had requested him to do, but after over 2 weeks suddenly the tracking was back up and it got delivered. So there is still hope

Also, the issue about whether or not Chris should have bought insurance is unique. There arent many cases where you can buy something for $100 but before it is even shipped have the price of the item increase by hundreds. For argument sake I wonder what would happen if chris purchased $1000 insurance on some really rare card and the package got lost. Would he be able to get $1000 for the lost card because that is what it was worth when he shipped it (even if the person paid $100 for the box) or would he only be able to get back the $100 as that is what he was actually paid by the consumer? Even if he could win the $1000 case he could technically be the one to keep the money since it was paid to him (I know Chris wouldnt do that but I am just giving an example, obviously he would send the $1000 to the rightful person who had pulled the card). Just a very unique situation given his line of work

My photobucket: http://s451.photobucket.com/albums/qq239/GOWIFB/
GOWIFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:26 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOWIFB View Post
Also, the issue about whether or not Chris should have bought insurance is unique. There arent many cases where you can buy something for $100 but before it is even shipped have the price of the item increase by hundreds. For argument sake I wonder what would happen if chris purchased $1000 insurance on some really rare card and the package got lost. Would he be able to get $1000 for the lost card because that is what it was worth when he shipped it (even if the person paid $100 for the box) or would he only be able to get back the $100 as that is what he was actually paid by the consumer? Even if he could win the $1000 case he could technically be the one to keep the money since it was paid to him (I know Chris wouldnt do that but I am just giving an example, obviously he would send the $1000 to the rightful person who had pulled the card). Just a very unique situation given his line of work
It's not that hard, really. The buyer would be able to get a refund of what they paid from PayPal if the package doesn't arrive, so that's what you insure the package for. He has his invoices and all that good stuff, so he should be fine if he has to file the claim.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:13 PM   #46 (permalink)

I would waited to start claim. You have 45 days to start one. Even short distances it sometimes takes awhile for stuff to show up. Rare but it does happen.
pnft17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:36 PM   #47 (permalink)

It hurts my heart to know such a beautiful card is missing.
AKHMERICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:39 PM   #48 (permalink)

I had two refractors get lost like this in the mail...it was like they went in to the USPS Void or something...went to a processing facility and never emerged.

They eventually showed up 7 months later and the tracking info only showed the last couple of days with it originating from the sort facility..odd but they did finally show up.

Hope your RG3 finds its way home.

See my collection at: Bradshaw44.com
mindbinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:43 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post
It's not that hard, really. The buyer would be able to get a refund of what they paid from PayPal if the package doesn't arrive, so that's what you insure the package for. He has his invoices and all that good stuff, so he should be fine if he has to file the claim.
Apparently you didnt read my post whatsoever. Everyone knows if the OP files a claim with paypal he will get his money back. What I was saying was what would happen if Chris insured a card for $1000 that was pulled because thats what it would be worth and the post office lost the package. Would he be able to recover the $1000 from the post office cause the card inside was valued at that, or would he only be able to recover the price he sold the box for in the first place? That is why I was saying that Chris is in an interesting position given that he opens an item that he sells and the price can suddenly go through the roof if he pulls something great.

My photobucket: http://s451.photobucket.com/albums/qq239/GOWIFB/
GOWIFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:21 PM   #50 (permalink)

Got a package from Chris today ........

No RG3

Sorry bud, I was thinking of ya. I had the wrong cards from a break shipped to me by Chris before. I sent em back to him and he paid shipping for his error. It was a low end card though.

http://s1191.photobucket.com/albums/z476/mrmike_13/
mrmike79 is offline   Reply With Quote