Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2013, 09:22 PM   #51 (permalink)

For those who are telling the OP to wait until he escalates, I have to say that just isn't fair to the OP.

Chris (or any seller) should pro-actively address this issue. I understand the OP waiting to file a PP claim but that shouldn't even be necessary. Once a reasonable amount of time has passed, the seller should issue a refund since it's apparent the package has lost its way.
blevins26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:38 PM   #52 (permalink)

I know I'm not the only one, people order from Chris online because they wanna get online prices AND see what they got the same day. Instead of waiting a few days of shipping. It honestly feels the same to me. Just pointing that out.

Anyway, to say Chris charges too much in shipping is an iffy subject. I was a little surprised to pay $11 in shipping and it cost him $3. However he does have to factor in supplies, time, money, etc. Plus we agree to the price. If he shipped the box it would of cost more money. So techincally you are paying the same s/h price as if it was shipped and you get some extra supplies. Trying to turn it positive.

Lastly, in this situation, I am surprised to see him say he isn't at fault. Well he isn't, but he still should refund you the box price if you never get your item. It's not like he is hurting for money haha, If I was him I would of have you contact the PO, keep update on the tracking and if a month goes by then do the refund process. At least keep his rep as high as it is.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:28 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOWIFB View Post
Apparently you didnt read my post whatsoever. Everyone knows if the OP files a claim with paypal he will get his money back. What I was saying was what would happen if Chris insured a card for $1000 that was pulled because thats what it would be worth and the post office lost the package. Would he be able to recover the $1000 from the post office cause the card inside was valued at that, or would he only be able to recover the price he sold the box for in the first place? That is why I was saying that Chris is in an interesting position given that he opens an item that he sells and the price can suddenly go through the roof if he pulls something great.
Oh, but I did. You were wondering how much he should insure the package for and I stated my opinion. All the OP is entitled to is what he paid for the box and that's all Chris should insure the package for since he's going to have to prove the value if he had to file the USPS claim. With an invoice, he's in good shape. If he's making up values based on eBay, well good luck with that.

[Inactive]

Last edited by monkeymcgee; 03-04-2013 at 10:30 PM.
monkeymcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:35 PM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post
Oh, but I did. You were wondering how much he should insure the package for and I stated my opinion. All the OP is entitled to is what he paid for the box and that's all Chris should insure the package for since he's going to have to prove the value if he had to file the USPS claim. With an invoice, he's in good shape. If he's making up values based on eBay, well good luck with that.
monkee i agree, i am just entitled to the box! Nice to have my cards but I just want the box price if this does drag out! Guys, please, chris is a standout guy! I just wanted everyone to be on the lookout if these show up here or other boards! I will reward nicely! I just sold my rgiii silloutte 2 color to fellow boardie since i got this one! I was just bummed! Please dont change your minds on buy from him! This is the first in many of my purchaes that this happened and i have been a customer since 2007!

It does point out a new issue of opening before you get something! A box can turn from 80 to hundreds or even thousands! I guess the RGIII didnt meet him asking if i wanted to pay the couple extra bucks and that is cool!
Old 03-04-2013, 10:47 PM   #55 (permalink)

Chris should maybe add a disclaimer now saying something like, "Any card valued $200+ will have to be insured for an additional cost of the insurance." Just something. I mean this is probably 1 in a 20,000 transaction, but we see it can happen
Old 03-04-2013, 10:49 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuccionino View Post
Chris should maybe add a disclaimer now saying something like, "Any card valued $200+ will have to be insured for an additional cost of the insurance." Just something. I mean this is probably 1 in a 20,000 transaction, but we see it can happen
The insurance is for the seller, not the buyer. Why should the buyer have to pay for it? The buyer has insurance already--it's called PayPal.

If Chris doesn't insure every package he sends out, then I think he's taking a pretty big risk.

[Inactive]
Old 03-04-2013, 10:58 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
The insurance is for the seller, not the buyer. Why should the buyer have to pay for it? The buyer has insurance already--it's called PayPal.

If Chris doesn't insure every package he sends out, then I think he's taking a pretty big risk.
Then he will have to raise prices even more. I think people would rather pay the extra few bucks when they did get that big hit, then pay that anytime even if the break wasn't good. I would just chalk it up as a loss if I was him, refund the buyer. I hope the OP gets his cards though. Great hit.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:05 PM   #58 (permalink)

Thats why you open your own boxes and dont have someone open them for you, I never have understood why someone would pay for a box and let someone else open it for them on you tube, smh
Old 03-04-2013, 11:13 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebowrules View Post
Thats why you open your own boxes and dont have someone open them for you, I never have understood why someone would pay for a box and let someone else open it for them on you tube, smh
I just said it above. Because instead of ordering online and waiting 2-3 days to get them, or paying 25% more at the LCS. You pay online prices AND see what you got right away. It makes sense to me. I've done it before and I was satasified. Some people have him open a box and ship the rest. So it is the best of both worlds. He's probably the most successful LCS out there so it clearly works haha.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:22 PM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
Riiight...and if someone was selling a van gogh original and wanted to put insurance on it when they shipped it they would need an invoice for it as if they are just buying some jackets from a warehouse. Thats not how it works. If the card was worth $400, then thats how much insurance will cover.
Buying large lots of the following:1993 Pacific Triple Folders Gold, 1996 Select Certified Artistís Proof, 1997 Topps Gallery Private Issue, 1998 Collectorís Edge Masters 50 Point, 1999 Prestige SSD Spectrum Gold, 2000 Topps Gallery Private Issue, 2001 Pacific Invincible Blue, 2002 Flair Collection, 2003 Skybox LE Gold Proofs
panamamyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:28 PM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbogorilla View Post
Chris is such a class guy, I'd hate to think that he is entirely at fault here. There are three parties involved, not two - but you are snowballing Chris and the USPS as one entity. If Chris reimburses you, then he's out double the money. I'd say wait a few more days since you have time to escalate the issue on paypal - souring your relationship with Chris isn't the best way to approach the issue that this point, in my opinion.

Good luck resolving the case.
Just correcting your math. If Chris reimburses him, he's not out double the money. Guy pays 80, Chris receives 80. Chris is up 80, with no product. Chris gets claim filed, loses 80, Chris has zero now, with no product. Chris is out once, the product value.

Last edited by mcgahee21nfl; 03-04-2013 at 11:31 PM.
mcgahee21nfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:29 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamamyers View Post
Riiight...and if someone was selling a van gogh original and wanted to put insurance on it when they shipped it they would need an invoice for it as if they are just buying some jackets from a warehouse. Thats not how it works. If the card was worth $400, then thats how much insurance will cover.
Riiight...and you should talk to people who've actually tried to get USPS to pay insurance claims.

[Inactive]
Old 03-05-2013, 08:47 AM   #63 (permalink)

I've gotten plenty of packages (of video breaks) from Chris, he ships them w/ printed labels off the computer and I got a Gretzky dual patch auto from last years The Cup and the address label was completely missing my street and address number! Just my name c/o my work place, city, state and zip. Good thing I work right next door to the Post Office and they know me. Chris does add a slip of paper on the inside of packages, in case of destroyed packages, that says return to The Hobby Box w/ his address etc. Maybe your package has an incomplete address and in due time, it will be returned to him.
coltsnsox07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:11 AM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsnsox07 View Post
I've gotten plenty of packages (of video breaks) from Chris, he ships them w/ printed labels off the computer and I got a Gretzky dual patch auto from last years The Cup and the address label was completely missing my street and address number! Just my name c/o my work place, city, state and zip. Good thing I work right next door to the Post Office and they know me. Chris does add a slip of paper on the inside of packages, in case of destroyed packages, that says return to The Hobby Box w/ his address etc. Maybe your package has an incomplete address and in due time, it will be returned to him.
Chris always uses PayPal labels, are you sure you didn't mess up your address on PayPal?
NewAgeHardcore is offline   Reply With Quote