Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2013, 10:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
BearsFaninCltNC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,940
Default RGIII Lost/Stolen..

If you guys run across this on the bay or whereever, I will give a nice card in return if it is found!

I know the RGIII is numbered 75/249!

Its been close to 3 weeks now and Chris's packages usually come in 1 day or 2! USPS said once they hit Fayetteville, they should only take a day max! Last scan was in Fayetteville which is a little north of Charlotte where I am.

I bought a box from Chris at thehobbybox and I called local USPS today and they said most likely its gone!

There also was a melvin ingran redemption, jersey card of rueben randle and a saint louis no-namer that i am not too worried about!

__________________
I collect nothing but Bears, and Panthers! I also collect Jets for the wife! DIE-HARD Yankees fan!
SU basketball and football fan! Go ORANGE!
BearsFaninCltNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Rogers, Arkansas
Posts: 2,696
Default

Dude what the hell!!! What does usps mean its gone? Did you have insurance? I'm sorry to hear that man. Good luck with your search
Heroicdeck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
BearsFaninCltNC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,940
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroicdeck View Post
Dude what the hell!!! What does usps mean its gone? Did you have insurance? I'm sorry to hear that man. Good luck with your search
no chris didnt send with insurance. I usually pay him for shipping but he only sends paypal shipping with tracking.

Yes called local office and all she could say was uh oh, and I was like what does that mean? She said it is most likely gone! They never called me last week when I put in a Case! I love the USPS!
__________________
I collect nothing but Bears, and Panthers! I also collect Jets for the wife! DIE-HARD Yankees fan!
SU basketball and football fan! Go ORANGE!
BearsFaninCltNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
rudyjustinfarrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 8,986
Default

You paid with Paypal, open a Paypal claim. Worst case, the package is 100% lost/stolen and Chris (who didn't pay for INS) is out a few bucks. You on the other hand are on a timeline with Paypal. If you by some miracle get the card? Just pay Chris back. FILE THE CLAIM NOW !!!!
__________________
Always willing to talk shop or B/S/T.
rudyjustinfarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:02 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
DOUGSEVIER54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Monroe, Louisiana
Posts: 1,482
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearsFaninCltNC View Post
no chris didnt send with insurance. I usually pay him for shipping but he only sends paypal shipping with tracking.

Yes called local office and all she could say was uh oh, and I was like what does that mean? She said it is most likely gone! They never called me last week when I put in a Case! I love the USPS!
I hate that this happened to you! You should have told Chris to add insurance, bro! I know a couple of cards he has pulled for me was worth it! True, he doesn't add insurance unless you ask for it. Sometimes he will email you if he thinks it needs to be insured, though.

Tough break, I'll keep an eye out as well!
__________________
In 2 years in combat, I have YET to see an atheist when rockets/bullets are incoming
DOUGSEVIER54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:14 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
BearsFaninCltNC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,940
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjustinfarrell View Post
You paid with Paypal, open a Paypal claim. Worst case, the package is 100% lost/stolen and Chris (who didn't pay for INS) is out a few bucks. You on the other hand are on a timeline with Paypal. If you by some miracle get the card? Just pay Chris back. FILE THE CLAIM NOW !!!!
yes, I contacted Chris about what we can do, I did pay via goods so I should be covered. I hate to file against him because it is not his fault. I will see what he does.
__________________
I collect nothing but Bears, and Panthers! I also collect Jets for the wife! DIE-HARD Yankees fan!
SU basketball and football fan! Go ORANGE!
BearsFaninCltNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:21 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
wfrazier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ky
Posts: 2,247
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjustinfarrell View Post
You paid with Paypal, open a Paypal claim. Worst case, the package is 100% lost/stolen and Chris (who didn't pay for INS) is out a few bucks. You on the other hand are on a timeline with Paypal. If you by some miracle get the card? Just pay Chris back. FILE THE CLAIM NOW !!!!
Agree 100% ...Except...
The seller should've already refunded ya.
I mailed some Gordon Hayward Auto Rookies a while back (Always use bubble mailer and dc). Package never arrived, and I fully refunded the buyer. Cards have never shown up and I took the loss. Out of hundreds of packages I've sent this one just "got lost". Not my fault but it is still my product. It happens is all I'm sayin...
__________________
Currently PC Billy Hamilton...
Interested in all numbered autos and some numbered non auto... Thanks!
wfrazier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:23 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
rudyjustinfarrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 8,986
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearsFaninCltNC View Post
yes, I contacted Chris about what we can do, I did pay via goods so I should be covered. I hate to file against him because it is not his fault. I will see what he does.
The thing is... it is the SELLERS responsibility (in this case Chris) to get you your item. You may not have paid for Insurance, but if I were shipping a high dollar card (like the RG3) I probably would have paid out of pocket to protect ME. Filing against someone (personal collector or business person) is not a hugely NEGATIVE thing. We all know stuff happens.
__________________
Always willing to talk shop or B/S/T.
rudyjustinfarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:23 AM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
hugh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Military APO in Italy
Posts: 7,377
Default

again, insurance is for the seller
hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:25 AM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 16,903
Default

so he pulls you a card worth $200+ and you dont pony up for Ins... Id pay ins for $50 card since usps is junk
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:26 AM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
wheeler281's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 5,545
Send a message via AIM to wheeler281
Default

whats the tracking number.

BTW USPS insurance for sports cards is hit and miss. Most times a huuuuge miss. They very rarely recognize card value
__________________
Collecting Cardboard of The Black N Gold Variety
wheeler281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:26 AM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
superynaldo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Posts: 4,791
Default

No insurance for the seller on a card like that... WHY... File your claim... Not your fault buyer... You HAVE to buy insurance!!!
superynaldo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:27 AM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 17,396
Send a message via MSN to asujbl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt42004n View Post
so he pulls you a card worth $200+ and you dont pony up for Ins... Id pay ins for $50 card since usps is junk
Who is insurance for? Why should the buyer pay?
__________________
http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/kk269/ohiosundevils
Want to save 5-15% on your purchase? Check my feedback and pay via Check/MO/Cash
I do not ACCEPT or SEND Gift Payments - Thanks
asujbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:27 AM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montgomery Texas
Posts: 1,538
Default

You need to actually GO to the Post Office, talk to the Post Master. Its most likely still in USPS's hands and if its not they know where it stopped. Phone support wont help because they cant/wont do the leg work to find it. you actually have to go to the PO and get the item moving again. This has happened to me 3 times and each time a phone call did nothing and a trip to the PO got my package within 2 or 3 days.
Branesergen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:31 AM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
BearsFaninCltNC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,940
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt42004n View Post
so he pulls you a card worth $200+ and you dont pony up for Ins... Id pay ins for $50 card since usps is junk
chris makes you pay up front and usually has it packaged before the video is loaded.

tracking is 9400109699939602858955

I talked to him and he said to wait another week.

I will also go into the PO like another suggested here.
__________________
I collect nothing but Bears, and Panthers! I also collect Jets for the wife! DIE-HARD Yankees fan!
SU basketball and football fan! Go ORANGE!
BearsFaninCltNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:33 AM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
wheeler281's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 5,545
Send a message via AIM to wheeler281
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearsFaninCltNC View Post
chris makes you pay up front and usually has it packaged before the video is loaded.

tracking is 9400109699939602858955

I talked to him and he said to wait another week.

I will also go into the PO like another suggested here.

yeah I would wait another week for sure. Way to early. However if you start the claims process it will take that long anyways
__________________
Collecting Cardboard of The Black N Gold Variety
wheeler281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:35 AM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
BearsFaninCltNC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,940
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler281 View Post
yeah I would wait another week for sure. Way to early. However if you start the claims process it will take that long anyways
when is a good time to file a paypal claim then? After the next week of waiting?
__________________
I collect nothing but Bears, and Panthers! I also collect Jets for the wife! DIE-HARD Yankees fan!
SU basketball and football fan! Go ORANGE!
BearsFaninCltNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:45 AM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
wheeler281's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 5,545
Send a message via AIM to wheeler281
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearsFaninCltNC View Post
when is a good time to file a paypal claim then? After the next week of waiting?
I would just start the claim process now. In the comments just say nothing personal just getting it started for your protection.
__________________
Collecting Cardboard of The Black N Gold Variety
wheeler281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:00 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 763
Default

I love watching Chris's breaks buuuuttt.....

How are you giving him a pass on this? You made a purchase from a company and they didn't deliver the product to you. It should be on him.

What's fascinating about this is the fact that he opened the box as a service to you and the contents of it made it worth much more than you paid for it.

The question is:

Is his "product" the unopened box of Crown OR is it the end result of the break?

I would say that his product is the unopened box and the opening is a free service. The reason I would say this is because the price you pay is based on the unopened box, not the value after opening.

I think if Chris refunds you the box price, he's made you whole. This is what he should (and probably will) do.
blevins26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:05 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
BearsFaninCltNC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,940
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blevins26 View Post
I love watching Chris's breaks buuuuttt.....

How are you giving him a pass on this? You made a purchase from a company and they didn't deliver the product to you. It should be on him.

What's fascinating about this is the fact that he opened the box as a service to you and the contents of it made it worth much more than you paid for it.

The question is:

Is his "product" the unopened box of Crown OR is it the end result of the break?

I would say that his product is the unopened box and the opening is a free service. The reason I would say this is because the price you pay is based on the unopened box, not the value after opening.

I think if Chris refunds you the box price, he's made you whole. This is what he should (and probably will) do.
I just opened a paypal case but did not esculate it yet as to what wheeler recommended. I will give it a week more and then I said I wanted the box price back or what I paypaled. I believe I am owed a box! I am sure others wil think I am owed what the cards are worth. I just wanted input on this! Not making Chris look bad! I have bought many times and had really good pulls. This is the first time it happened, so I am at a loss on this. Wanted to see how others handled this before.
__________________
I collect nothing but Bears, and Panthers! I also collect Jets for the wife! DIE-HARD Yankees fan!
SU basketball and football fan! Go ORANGE!
BearsFaninCltNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:06 PM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
hugh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Military APO in Italy
Posts: 7,377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blevins26 View Post
I love watching Chris's breaks buuuuttt.....

How are you giving him a pass on this? You made a purchase from a company and they didn't deliver the product to you. It should be on him.

What's fascinating about this is the fact that he opened the box as a service to you and the contents of it made it worth much more than you paid for it.

The question is:

Is his "product" the unopened box of Crown OR is it the end result of the break?

I would say that his product is the unopened box and the opening is a free service. The reason I would say this is because the price you pay is based on the unopened box, not the value after opening.

I think if Chris refunds you the box price, he's made you whole. This is what he should (and probably will) do.
yeah, all he has to do is refund your break cost, not the value of the card
hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:07 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
wheeler281's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 5,545
Send a message via AIM to wheeler281
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearsFaninCltNC View Post
I just opened a paypal case but did not esculate it yet as to what wheeler recommended. I will give it a week more and then I said I wanted the box price back or what I paypaled. I believe I am owed a box! I am sure others wil think I am owed what the cards are worth. I just wanted input on this! Not making Chris look bad! I have bought many times and had really good pulls. This is the first time it happened, so I am at a loss on this. Wanted to see how others handled this before.
You have handled it completely right imo. I hope you get the cards in the next few days. Sorry to hear about your issues
__________________
Collecting Cardboard of The Black N Gold Variety
wheeler281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:08 PM   #23 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,307
Default

Simple as this if he shipped your box sealed and this happened what would he owe you? The box cost. If anything I would just see if chris is willing to do another box of crown for you instead of a refund.
JonMead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:11 PM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 2,896
Default

Also, don't give up on USPS yet. I've had a few cases where it dissapears in tracking, but finds its way eventually.
__________________
Check out jonnyg1014 on COMC
Great prices, will listen to all offers!
http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/jonnyg1014/
password- jetscollector
jetscollector10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:11 PM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
BearsFaninCltNC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,940
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonMead View Post
Simple as this if he shipped your box sealed and this happened what would he owe you? The box cost. If anything I would just see if chris is willing to do another box of crown for you instead of a refund.
I think i would be mad if crap came out, so the box price is all I want back.
__________________
I collect nothing but Bears, and Panthers! I also collect Jets for the wife! DIE-HARD Yankees fan!
SU basketball and football fan! Go ORANGE!
BearsFaninCltNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.