Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2013, 03:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Makes me want to puke when people do this!

I pc Doug martin and got a really nice deal on this card. I got it today and this STUPID MOTHER EFFING idgit put the card into a Top loader that was to small for it, and it wrinkled the card completely destroying it! Then he shipped it like that to me WTF MAN? How do you not see what you did when you did it and not contact me for a refund? I mean did he NOT think i wouldn't see this cluster F***! Friggin ebay man i swear to god!

Purchased it new it looked like this

Now i got this POS

Last edited by oldcardcolector; 03-04-2013 at 03:13 PM.
oldcardcolector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:18 PM   #2 (permalink)

those cards are already fragile as it is, love the look but can be damaged easily, sorry to hear about your bad transaction was a nice looking martin

Posted from Blowoutcards.com App for Android
bkovach06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:25 PM   #3 (permalink)

Ouch such a beautiful ruined card now ha.

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Aaron Hernandez with the 180th pick gave ImNOTDanShakespeare the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
DanShakespeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:00 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanShakespeare View Post
Ouch such a beautiful ruined card now ha.
I know the patch was sooo sick and it was on ON CARD auto which is why i had to have it! To think this card will be put into a 99 cent pile makes me want to friggin vomit now!
Old 03-04-2013, 11:18 PM   #5 (permalink)

Man I feel you just got my contenders luck rookie ticket in and it was in a top loader,had to double check card for creases....$500 card in top load makes me sick....I send anything over $100 in magnectics just to be safe

Chargers fan 4 life/Tar Heels fan 4 life
Qwkser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:22 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcardcolector View Post
I know the patch was sooo sick and it was on ON CARD auto which is why i had to have it! To think this card will be put into a 99 cent pile makes me want to friggin vomit now!
I will gladly take it from your 99 cent pile if you'd like

Also interested in anything I can get a good deal on
Bigo311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:24 PM   #7 (permalink)

That sucks that it ended up getting damaged, I dodged a bullet today myself

I got two Stewart 1/1 autos in the mail today, BOTH of them showed up with the top edge of the card sticking out of the toploader. It's a miracle that even one of them didn't end up with a dinged up corner/edge, let alone both of them. I don't understand why people can't ship cards properly and secured to where they can't get damaged unless the PO does something really stupid with it.

Sorry man, I feel for ya
zonacats8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:24 PM   #8 (permalink)

The Martin is unnaceptable. If the card doesnt fit go get a new holder. Now as far as the Luck, as long as its in a toploader in a team bag with decoys, I am good with that. I am not a fan of magnetics with thin cards as people catch the edges putting them in. Now if they sent it only in a toploader with no decoys or team bags that sucks.

Kevin
Old 03-04-2013, 11:34 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevJo View Post
The Martin is unnaceptable. If the card doesnt fit go get a new holder. Now as far as the Luck, as long as its in a toploader in a team bag with decoys, I am good with that. I am not a fan of magnetics with thin cards as people catch the edges putting them in. Now if they sent it only in a toploader with no decoys or team bags that sucks.

Kevin
I've also heard that magnetics can damage cards in shipping because they'll rattle around every so slightly and it can hurt your "edges" score if you grade them.

I actually prefer to ship in a toploader one size to big as long as it's not TOO big for the card

That way you can tape the top edge down securely enough that the card can't slide out the top at all. Then sandwich it between some decoys and tape it up tightly, that card isn't going anywhere
Old 03-05-2013, 12:12 AM   #10 (permalink)

yeah and "some" people here think I'm anal for asking sellers to package stuff that damages easy with some extra care.

Would rather be "difficult" than deal with a damaged card.

I'm sure 99% of people know how to handle stuff like this, but I seem to always be buying from the 1% that don't.

sucks your card got damaged, it was a nice one.

See my collection at: Bradshaw44.com
mindbinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:33 AM   #11 (permalink)

I feel a bit bad now. The seller contacted me and he handled this like a real gent! His 12 year old son was helping him that day and did that to the card he said. He had no idea about it and his seller rating is PERFECT with over 500+ so i definitely believed him. I told him to take it easy on his kid and to tell him i forgave him and its no big deal. He gave me a FULL refund told me to keep the card and he gave me a $20 credit to another purchase. He is one OUTSTANDING seller in my book. Accidents happen it just sucks this beauty is now shot ohh well.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:35 AM   #12 (permalink)

Nice to hear a happy ending to this kind of story for once. I mean it sucks that the card is ruined and all but it happens I guess

Also interested in anything I can get a good deal on
Bigo311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:46 AM   #13 (permalink)

wow! that guy is legit
Dielon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:49 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcardcolector View Post
I feel a bit bad now. The seller contacted me and he handled this like a real gent! His 12 year old son was helping him that day and did that to the card he said. He had no idea about it and his seller rating is PERFECT with over 500+ so i definitely believed him. I told him to take it easy on his kid and to tell him i forgave him and its no big deal. He gave me a FULL refund told me to keep the card and he gave me a $20 credit to another purchase. He is one OUTSTANDING seller in my book. Accidents happen it just sucks this beauty is now shot ohh well.
WOW

So who else after the first few sentences thought there was no way this guy actually had his kid mess this up only to fully believe it by the end of the story?

hahaha