Blowout Cards Forums
MEM MADNESS

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2013, 10:23 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Shady Breaking Site...Should I File a PP Claim?

Okay, so this may have an obvious answer, but just need to be sure before I act on this.

Back in Feb, I joined 2 breaks with and1cards.com that were all scheduled to happen in February. Come March 1st, these breaks hadn't occured and I had received no notification that they were rescheduled. However, they were no longer listed in their break shop.

I've emailed them three times about my order status, with no response. I've hit them up on Twitter, and called the number on their website. Nothing. They are still very much active, tweeting frequently, and have been hosting HOS breaks, and adding new breaks to their store.

Another person who joined breaks that never happened contacted them on Twitter. They told him they would give him a refund, and he hasn't heard from them since.

So I'm planning on filing a paypal claim. My only hesitance is that I know Paypal does not allow transferring of funds for group breaks. So will this prevent them from processing my claim? If that's the case, then am I better off taking my chances that if I'm vocal enough, they will refund me on their own?

My hunch is that they're never going to refund me on their own, so I might as well take my chances with filing a paypal claim, but wanted to get some opinions on here, in case anyone has had similar experiences.

Thanks.
ffwiseguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

hey pm me, id file a paypal claim but i can give you a few twitter and blogtv as well as ebay people to use to break, this guy got into an argument with me because someone had almost his exact twitter handle on ebay so i thought he broke on ebay.
JonMead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:46 AM   #3 (permalink)

I think you have 45 days to file a claim.

Last edited by IronMonkey415; 03-08-2013 at 10:48 AM.
IronMonkey415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:12 AM   #4 (permalink)

Other guy here from OP message, I escalated my PayPal claim today. At the very least it will show And1Cards that I am serious. It appears anyone who bought in prior to their website change is going to get screwed. Do what you can to voice your displeasure of this site. It seems like the only thing they care about or want to get sold is Hero's of Sports and even then they are behind schedule all the time.

What really pissed me off was when they sent me an email about their new site, I immediately asked about the break I bought into a month ago and brought up fact that it was not listed on new site. No response once again, then the next day I got an email asking if I wanted to join future breaks. That's when I was forced to set up a Twitter account, got a hold of them and once again I got the run around. That's when I got nasty on their twitter simply in the hopes I would warn others.

Let me know if you here anything op.
Coventry6546 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:06 PM   #5 (permalink)

You won't have issues getting anything back because of it being a box break. If there is no DC to prove something was delivered to you you will win no problem. If anything the seller's account would be the one put in jeapardy for holding the breaks.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:17 PM   #6 (permalink)

Does anyone have morals and integrity any more?
Even if this is somehow a new owner or something, you can't just buy a company and not fulfill the orders acquired by the previous owner.

I actually think I got in a break of theirs a while back. Are they the ones with the little blue cards in the photos of their breaks on eBay?

Never again.
Buying large lots of the following:1993 Pacific Triple Folders Gold, 1996 Select Certified Artistís Proof, 1997 Topps Gallery Private Issue, 1998 Collectorís Edge Masters 50 Point, 1999 Prestige SSD Spectrum Gold, 2000 Topps Gallery Private Issue, 2001 Pacific Invincible Blue, 2002 Flair Collection, 2003 Skybox LE Gold Proofs
panamamyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:23 PM   #7 (permalink)

Nobody can stop a chargeback from your bank (even paypal) if you decide to employ that route.
Olajuwon, Drexler, Earl Campbell/Longhorns, Byfuglien, Red Wings, Patrick/Evander Kane
pengages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:30 PM   #8 (permalink)

I'm pissed at them, but I kind of get a chuckle out of myself, all I keep saying is with and1cards, you are not purchasing a random team in a break, you are buying a random of...maybe the break will happen, maybe it won't!
Old 03-08-2013, 01:31 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamamyers View Post
Does anyone have morals and integrity any more?
Even if this is somehow a new owner or something, you can't just buy a company and not fulfill the orders acquired by the previous owner.

I actually think I got in a break of theirs a while back. Are they the ones with the little blue cards in the photos of their breaks on eBay?

Never again.
I haven't seen anything to indicate that they have changed ownership. They just redesigned their site. Hell, I think a new ownership would have treated me even better, as no one wants to start off their business with a bad reputation.

Filing the claim today. Then going to wait a week before escalating.

Thanks for the advice. If anyone else has anything else to add, I appreciate any input.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:36 PM   #10 (permalink)

Everyone got refunded from Haiku...you'll be refunded no problem.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:06 PM   #11 (permalink)

Just wanted to give an update on my situation. Escalated it yesterday & got refund today. Believe it was from paypal directly. Good luck op!
Old 03-09-2013, 05:38 PM   #12 (permalink)

ffwiseguy, just hope you didn't pay for it as Gift. If you paid Gift, you're screwed.
Shogun2049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:58 PM   #13 (permalink)

Filed 4 claims around 4:15 yesterday. After a week of not hearing from them, two of the claims were refunded just before 4:30. Two remain open, but I got over half my money back, so progress in the right direction. Will wait til Monday before escalating.

Still no responses to any of my emails, but it feels good to not have those funds out in limbo anymore. I would still caution anyone against using and1cards for breaks. At the very least, they are very unorganized, and show no commitment to customer service.