Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2013, 11:58 PM   #226 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMC View Post
They just need to kvetch to get it out of their system.
Yiddish FTW
Team Connor
sportscardbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:59 PM   #227 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagalaxyfan23 View Post
Decent TD. However, did you notice how the ball was thrown well behind Johnson? He almost got caught. Should have at least been on the chest/shoulder.

This is what happens when you throw it in front of/on your receiver, rather than behind:

Michael Vick 88 yard touchdown pass to DeSean Jackson. - YouTube
The difference is Foles threw to Ronald Johnson, and Vick threw to DJax, who are on two totally different levels. But whatever, we will have to wait and see. You still have a very nice collection of Vick, seriously.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:00 AM   #228 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglescubs555 View Post
The difference is Foles threw to Ronald Johnson, and Vick threw to DJax, who are on two totally different levels. But whatever, we will have to wait and see. You still have a very nice collection of Vick, seriously.
Damaris Johnson...
ajscards101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:01 AM   #229 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajscards101 View Post
Damaris Johnson...
My bad. Still not comparable to Desean Jackson.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:01 AM   #230 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks man! Had to sell some of my Vick autos to bulk up on EJ haha. However, it's DAMARIS Johnson haha. Both of which are speedy WRs. Damaris did our punt returns last year.
lagalaxyfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:02 AM   #231 (permalink)

Anyone see any QB's we can pick up in the next few rounds?
Team Connor
sportscardbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:03 AM   #232 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscardbreak View Post
Sean Renfree
ajscards101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:04 AM   #233 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks man! Had to sell some of my Vick autos to bulk up on EJ haha. However, it's DAMARIS Johnson haha. Both of which are speedy WRs. Damaris did our punt returns last year.
Yeah I was bummed to see Desean not returning the punts last year!
Old 04-27-2013, 12:05 AM   #234 (permalink)

Quote:
Matt Scott potentially. Watched some film on him, and it seems like all he threw at Arizona were slant patterns, so I have yet to see his range.

Regardless of the arguing, I think we can all agree that the Eagles future franchise QB won't even be in the NFL this year.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:05 AM   #235 (permalink)

Quote:
Yiddish FTW
I'm learning thanks to one of my coworkers who was raised as a Brooklyn Jew.
Andrew Luck
HBMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:06 AM   #236 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah I was bummed to see Desean not returning the punts last year!
I was too. Our special teams really wasn't anything special last year. I only think we had one TD on special teams

However, I understand the reasoning. With the Eagles limited depth at WR, they wanted to protect DeSean. He probably won't be the KR/PR guy either this year.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:12 AM   #237 (permalink)

Quote:
I was too. Our special teams really wasn't anything special last year. I only think we had one TD on special teams

However, I understand the reasoning. With the Eagles limited depth at WR, they wanted to protect DeSean. He probably won't be the KR/PR guy either this year.
Yeah good point... Either way I think we will have a better record than last year .
Old 04-27-2013, 12:15 AM   #238 (permalink)

On a side note, what does everybody think the Eagles will finish off with next year? Here is their schedule with my guesses:

@Redskins - WIN (no RG3?)
Chargers - WIN
Chiefs - WIN
@Broncos - LOSS (badly haha)
@Giants - LOSS
@Bucs - WIN
Cowboys - WIN
Giants - LOSS
@Raiders - WIN
@Packers - LOSS
Redskins - LOSS
BYE WEEK
Cardinals - WIN
Lions - LOSS
Vikings - LOSS
Bears - LOSS
Cowboys - LOSS

7-9

+/- two games or so.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:17 AM   #239 (permalink)

Quote:
Decent TD. However, did you notice how the ball was thrown well behind Johnson? He almost got caught. Should have at least been on the chest/shoulder.

This is what happens when you throw it in front of/on your receiver, rather than behind:

Michael Vick 88 yard touchdown pass to DeSean Jackson. - YouTube

Also, that was during the preseason dude. Find a play where it actually matters please
Gimme a freakin break! You're gonna knock him for posting a preseason TD from this past season and then try and counter it from Mike Vick in November of 2010? HAHA, that's ridiculous and you know it
Devi8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:21 AM   #240 (permalink)

Foles first NFL TD was a 60 yarder to Maclin in his first series in vs the Cowboys. I do believe

http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b28/detox1515/
detox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:24 AM   #241 (permalink)

Quote:
On a side note, what does everybody think the Eagles will finish off with next year? Here is their schedule with my guesses:

@Redskins - WIN (no RG3?)
Chargers - WIN
Chiefs - WIN
@Broncos - LOSS (badly haha)
@Giants - LOSS
@Bucs - WIN
Cowboys - WIN
Giants - LOSS
@Raiders - WIN
@Packers - LOSS
Redskins - LOSS
BYE WEEK
Cardinals - WIN
Lions - LOSS
Vikings - LOSS
Bears - LOSS
Cowboys - LOSS

7-9

+/- two games or so.

9-7. I see us beating the Giants at least once because we usually play very well against them.. And we definitely should beat the Cowboys twice
Old 04-27-2013, 12:27 AM   #242 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by detox View Post
Foles first NFL TD was a 60 yarder to Maclin in his first series in vs the Cowboys. I do believe
It was. A wide open TD, and honestly it wasn't the best-thrown ball.

Nick Foles' First Career TD Pass 11/11/12 - YouTube

Foles made Maclin stop, and Claiborne could have certainly had the opportunity to knock that out of Maclin's hands because of that.

Look, I'm not sitting here trying to say that Foles is the worst QB known to man. I'm just saying that for THIS season, if he plays 16 games as a starter, the Eagles aren't going to playoffs.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:32 AM   #243 (permalink)

Quote:
It was. A wide open TD, and honestly it wasn't the best-thrown ball.

Nick Foles' First Career TD Pass 11/11/12 - YouTube

Foles made Maclin stop, and Claiborne could have certainly had the opportunity to knock that out of Maclin's hands because of that.

Look, I'm not sitting here trying to say that Foles is the worst QB known to man. I'm just saying that for THIS season, if he plays 16 games as a starter, the Eagles aren't going to playoffs.
You just predicted 7-9 with Vick as QB, so they wouldn't make the playoffs either. If you're missing the playoffs in both scenarios, what on earth makes putting a washed up 10 year vet out there vs a second year partial unknown a better option.

If you're gonna miss the playoffs, at least use it as a learning experience for young guys rather then extra confirmation that someone is done
Old 04-27-2013, 12:35 AM   #244 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devi8or View Post
You just predicted 7-9 with Vick as QB, so they wouldn't make the playoffs either. If you're missing the playoffs in both scenarios, what on earth makes putting a washed up 10 year vet out there vs a second year partial unknown a better option.

If you're gonna miss the playoffs, at least use it as a learning experience for young guys rather then extra confirmation that someone is done
I said plus/minus a few wins. I was taking my approach conservatively in that one. Personally, I think (deep down) that the Eagles will go 10-6. However, I assumed that that would be a bit unrealistic for most people, so I took an easily achievable approach.

The difference is this:

If the Eagles make the playoffs this year, it will definitely be close (in other words, it will probably come down to the last game or two to see who makes it out of the NFC East like it usually does)

With Vick at helm, it can go either way with the Eagles.

With Foles at helm, you can be assured consistent mediocracy. Is Vick more of a gamble and more inconsistent? Sure. But when he performs, he performs.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:38 AM   #245 (permalink)

Quote:
I said plus/minus a few wins. I was taking my approach conservatively in that one. Personally, I think (deep down) that the Eagles will go 10-6. However, I assumed that that would be a bit unrealistic for most people, so I took an easily achievable approach.

The difference is this:

If the Eagles make the playoffs this year, it will definitely be close (in other words, it will probably come down to the last game or two to see who makes it out of the NFC East like it usually does)

With Vick at helm, it can go either way with the Eagles.

With Foles at helm, you can be assured consistent mediocracy. Is Vick more of a gamble and more inconsistent? Sure. But when he performs, he performs.
So what you're telling me is that you know Foles is guaranteed inconsistent from the less then half season he played? Show me where in Vicks 10 year career he was consistent at all. You'll probably say 2010, but he has 9 other crappy years as a QB. He's definitely consistent, consistently bad
Old 04-27-2013, 12:44 AM   #246 (permalink)

Quote:
So what you're telling me is that you know Foles is guaranteed inconsistent from the less then half season he played? Show me where in Vicks 10 year career he was consistent at all. You'll probably say 2010, but he has 9 other crappy years as a QB. He's definitely consistent, consistently bad
No. You totally misinterpreted what I said. I said Foles will be consistent, but mediocre. Vick will be inconsistent, but sometimes horrible...sometimes excellent.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:47 AM   #247 (permalink)

Quote:
No. You totally misinterpreted what I said. I said Foles will be consistent, but mediocre. Vick will be inconsistent, but sometimes horrible...sometimes excellent.
Ok so let me rephrase, you are drawing the conclusion that Foles will be mediocre based off of less then half a season on a beat up team? How does that even make sense? If the Eagles knew you possessed that knowledge, why aren't you on payroll??
Old 04-27-2013, 12:50 AM   #248 (permalink)

Quote:
Ok so let me rephrase, you are drawing the conclusion that Foles will be mediocre based off of less then half a season on a beat up team? How does that even make sense? If the Eagles knew you possessed that knowledge, why aren't you on payroll??
For next year, he is not the best option. Especially for the offense Chip is trying to run.

So, yes. The two Foles plays that were shown on this thread were both where Foles wasn't under immediate pressure, yet he still was unable to make an accurate throw in stride.

Russell Wilson also had a good half-season, and people are already talking about him like he's going to be the best thing in the NFL next year. So, I'm not the only one who draws conclusions from short periods of play time. Foles did not capitalize on his opportunities at all, and that is crucial if you want to win. He is not a leader or as good an athlete as Vick is.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:53 AM   #249 (permalink)

Quote:
For next year, he is not the best option. Especially for the offense Chip is trying to run.

So, yes. The two Foles plays that were shown on this thread were both where Foles wasn't under immediate pressure, yet he still was unable to make an accurate throw in stride.

Russell Wilson also had a good half-season, and people are already talking about him like he's going to be the best thing in the NFL next year. So, I'm not the only one who draws conclusions from short periods of play time. Foles did not capitalize on his opportunities at all, and that is crucial if you want to win. He is not a leader or as good an athlete as Vick is.
He was working with a hideous cast of characters at the end of the season. He has great vision and feet and his arm strength is plenty good enough for the NFL.

Vick has shown serious regression in the past two years.
Andrew Luck
HBMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:56 AM   #250 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMC View Post
He was working with a hideous cast of characters at the end of the season. He has great vision and feet and his arm strength is plenty good enough for the NFL.

Vick has shown serious regression in the past two years.
Entirely true, however Vick was as well. Every snap he played during the 12/13 season was under an unbelievably poor O-line. That's far worse than having below-average WR's, because you can't even throw the ball!