Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Card Event 4/27/14

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2013, 11:21 PM   #201 (permalink)

Honestly a dream for me would be get rid of that #@#@#@#@ing piece of crap Vick. Foles starts, Dixon is a backup along with someone they draft this year (Renfree, Bray?). Everyone knows Kinne is a training camp arm.

THEN - when the Eagles make the playoffs with Foles, lagalaxyfan can say to everyone he knew it all along
ajscards101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:23 PM   #202 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaponX View Post
Thank you! Team was lucky enough to beat CLE week 1 with Vick throwing the ball to anyone on the field wearing a jersey.
Including a guy I played against in HS. Linebacker L.J. Fort of the Cleveland Browns

I was really happy he made it to the league.
Andrew Luck
HBMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:26 PM   #203 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaponX View Post
Thank you! Team was lucky enough to beat CLE week 1 with Vick throwing the ball to anyone on the field wearing a jersey.
Vick had a poor game, but he is still the better QB than Foles. LOL at anybody who says Foles is the future "face of the franchise."

Both Vick and Foles are turnover machines, yet Vick had a worse O-line and still (and always will) have better mobility than Foles does.

The entire argument started from ajscards saying that I made a "stupid" statement saying that TE isn't the Eagles' biggest need at the moment. Which is certainly isn't. Last time I checked, our TE's didn't lose us the game. This did. Let me know where you see that the loss was the TE's fault:

Panthers vs Eagles 2012: Cam Newton Registers Four TDs in Victorious Monday Night Football Debut - YouTube

Looking forward to see all you Foles fans at the end of the year posting in the FBall B/S/T section: BUYING ALL MICHAEL VICK AUTOS!
lagalaxyfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:26 PM   #204 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajscards101 View Post
Honestly a dream for me would be get rid of that #@#@#@#@ing piece of crap Vick. Foles starts, Dixon is a backup along with someone they draft this year (Renfree, Bray?). Everyone knows Kinne is a training camp arm.

THEN - when the Eagles make the playoffs with Foles, lagalaxyfan can say to everyone he knew it all along
Foles will be starting QB first game of the year. Ertz will be a great redzone target (which we desperately need) and Vick will be on the bench. Vick is done... He can't stay healthy anymore.

Also collecting Bowman Chrome Prospects
eaglescubs555 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:28 PM   #205 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagalaxyfan23 View Post
Vick had a poor game, but he is still the better QB than Foles. LOL at anybody who says Foles is the future "face of the franchise."

Both Vick and Foles are turnover machines, yet Vick had a worse O-line and still (and always will) have better mobility than Foles does.

The entire argument started from ajscards saying that I made a "stupid" statement saying that TE isn't the Eagles' biggest need at the moment. Which is certainly isn't. Last time I checked, our TE's didn't lose us the game. This did:

Panthers vs Eagles 2012: Cam Newton Registers Four TDs in Victorious Monday Night Football Debut - YouTube

Looking forward to see all you Foles fans at the end of the year posting in the FBall B/S/T section: BUYING ALL MICHAEL VICK AUTOS!
I can't tell if you're serious or delusional.

I need to stock up on more Foles on card autos. Maybe I should cut up my Vick auto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglescubs555 View Post
Foles will be starting QB first game of the year. Ertz will be a great redzone target (which we desperately need) and Vick will be on the bench. Vick is done... He can't stay healthy anymore.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:29 PM   #206 (permalink)

Quote:

The entire argument started from ajscards saying that I made a "stupid" statement saying that TE isn't the Eagles' biggest need at the moment. Which is certainly isn't. Last time I checked, our TE's didn't lose us the game. This did:

Philly's redzone offense was 28th in the league last year, our starting tight end is to blame! He had one touchdown and dropped SEVERAL passes. Vick will be a decoy the entire year. Foles will be the starting QB.

Old 04-26-2013, 11:30 PM   #207 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMC View Post
Yes, Charlie is Captain Clutch

I'd hope the Eagles are that dumb and Dallas can pick him up. Foles can play in a real offense, not a gimmicky one like Chip's.
Finally. Someone that gets what a good QB looks like.

http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b28/detox1515/
detox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:31 PM   #208 (permalink)

Quote:
That's the only statement that will be true. The only way I see Vick sitting on the bench is through injury. Not through performance. Why do you think the Eagles added Lane Johnson as their first overall pick, a versatile up-tempo OT?

Because that's the system that they're trying to implement. LeSean McCoy has gone on record saying that practices with Chip are like "track meets." I'd love to see Foles booking it 30 yards in a no-huddle offense.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:33 PM   #209 (permalink)

Quote:
Philly's redzone offense was 28th in the league last year, our starting tight end is to blame! He had one touchdown and dropped SEVERAL passes. Vick will be a decoy the entire year. Foles will be the starting QB.
The TE position was definitely a need, however second round really? Why not the third or fourth round? Foles lacks velocity and accuracy on his throws. Contrary to popular belief, he fumbled/threw a pick almost as many times as Vick in LESS games last year (their TD:INT ratio was identical, and that was with Vick under a worse O-line). In reality, NONE of the current QBs on our team will take us anywhere far in playoffs. But which QB is most electrifying, a greater leader, and a locker room favorite? Vick by a mile.

Last edited by lagalaxyfan23; 04-26-2013 at 11:35 PM.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:35 PM   #210 (permalink)

Quote:
The TE position was definitely a need, however second round really? Why not the third or fourth round?
Zach Ertz would have been scooped up easily by then. Not to mention Gavin Escobar, Vance McDonald, and Travis Kelce all went also tonight. No one that decent would've been up for grabs the fourth.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:37 PM   #211 (permalink)

Quote:
Zach Ertz would have been scooped up easily by then. Not to mention Gavin Escobar, Vance McDonald, and Travis Kelce all went also tonight. No one that decent would've been up for grabs the fourth.
All of them went in the third round (except for Gavin I believe). Vance McDonald was someone I was eyeing who could have been a great TE as well. Still curious to see how the Eagles address the CB position. Come tomorrow, I hope they pick up BW Webb. Really surprised he hasn't been drafted yet. Regardless, their "franchise" QB is NOT anybody on their roster, nor anybody in the draft. It will likely be next year.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:39 PM   #212 (permalink)

Quote:
Keep kissing Vicks ass. Makes me laugh.
Quote:
Can you remind me WHO was QB when the Eagles defeated the Superbowl champions last year?
Seriously, both of you quit it. Honestly, Vick and Foles both suck; bad. Neither one of them is taking us very far. So just STFU because this stupid argument is completely based off of opinion and neither of you will convince the other that they are wrong. So just please stop.

Soooooo...... How about some Rambo in the 4th?
Team Connor!
sportscardbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:39 PM   #213 (permalink)

Quote:
The TE position was definitely a need, however second round really? Why not the third or fourth round?
Because Ertz was arguably the best tight end next to Eifert coming out of college football. Vick will be hurt by week 4 (probably earlier)... How many playoff wins does Vick have with the eagles?

Old 04-26-2013, 11:43 PM   #214 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscardbreak View Post
Seriously, both of you quit it. Honestly, Vick and Foles both suck; bad. Neither one of them is taking us very far. So just STFU because this stupid argument is completely based off of opinion and neither of you will convince the other that they are wrong. So just please stop.

LOL definitely true. Me and ajscards get into the most heated Eagles debates known to Blowout Forums sometimes

As for Rambo, he looks pretty promising. He bites pretty often, which isn't the best, so perhaps we can sneak him in the fifth round.

Quote:
Because Ertz was arguably the best tight end next to Eifert coming out of college football. Vick will be hurt by week 4 (probably earlier)... How many playoff wins does Vick have with the eagles?
Still more than Foles...I'd like you to show me one or two highlights about Foles in the NFL that makes someone go WOW. I can show you several by players like Russell Wilson, Luck, RG3, and even Vick. Can't say the same about Foles.

Colin Kaepernick came in last year and absolutely lit it up. If he didn't, Harbaugh wouldn't have continued playing him. Given that Foles certainly didn't come in and light it up, I expect the same result.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:46 PM   #215 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscardbreak View Post

You'll regret saying that when Foles either leads them to the playoffs or goes somewhere else and excels.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:47 PM   #216 (permalink)

Someone brought up the topic of Mathieu earlier on. I think that he will be able to turn himself around. He now has a strong incentive with lots of $$$$$ signs in front of his eyes

Looks at coaches like Pete Carroll who are able to take players with behavioral issues and turn them into beasts. Judging by his reaction to being drafted by the Cardinals today, I think he is genuinely going to make an impact.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:48 PM   #217 (permalink)

Gotta be Rambo, Okafor or Da'Rick Rogers in the 4th.
Team Connor!
Old 04-26-2013, 11:49 PM   #218 (permalink)

Quote:
That's the only statement that will be true. The only way I see Vick sitting on the bench is through injury. Not through performance. Why do you think the Eagles added Lane Johnson as their first overall pick, a versatile up-tempo OT?

Because that's the system that they're trying to implement. LeSean McCoy has gone on record saying that practices with Chip are like "track meets." I'd love to see Foles booking it 30 yards in a no-huddle offense.
I think Foles can do it mentally better than Vick though, and that is important. Is there a significant difference in how long it takes them to run 30 yards, especially when you have to wait for linemen too?
TheBurg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:50 PM   #219 (permalink)

I actually wouldn't mind Marcus Lattimore. Can compliment McCoy and Butterfingers.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:51 PM   #220 (permalink)

Quote:
Someone brought up the topic of Mathieu earlier on. I think that he will be able to turn himself around. He now has a strong incentive with lots of $$$$$ signs in front of his eyes

Looks at coaches like Pete Carroll who are able to take players with behavioral issues and turn them into beasts. Judging by his reaction to being drafted by the Cardinals today, I think he is genuinely going to make an impact.
Chip Kelly is not a as good of a therapist as Carroll is. Rather than take chances on risky players who need a lot of emotional and mental help, draft players with a good work-ethic. True, some of them can work out but teaching work ethic to a player is much harder than improving a player's physical game.
Team Connor!
Old 04-26-2013, 11:53 PM   #221 (permalink)

Quote:
LOL definitely true. Me and ajscards get into the most heated Eagles debates known to Blowout Forums sometimes

As for Rambo, he looks pretty promising. He bites pretty often, which isn't the best, so perhaps we can sneak him in the fifth round.

Still more than Foles...I'd like you to show me one or two highlights about Foles in the NFL that makes someone go WOW. I can show you several by players like Russell Wilson, Luck, RG3, and even Vick. Can't say the same about Foles.

Colin Kaepernick came in last year and absolutely lit it up. If he didn't, Harbaugh wouldn't have continued playing him. Given that Foles certainly didn't come in and light it up, I expect the same result.

Nick Foles Scramble & TD Pass to Demaris Johnson - YouTube

The drive vs Tampa Bay? Did you not watch that game? BTW, please stop comparing Foles to QB's like RG3 Kaepernick and Wilson

Old 04-26-2013, 11:54 PM   #222 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by detox View Post
Finally. Someone that gets what a good QB looks like.
I'd love to see Nick in Blue & Silver, he'd be appreciated more and also home. Unlike Philly, where they hate everyone.
Andrew Luck
Old 04-26-2013, 11:55 PM   #223 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMC View Post
I'd love to see Nicholas in Blue & Silver, he'd be appreciated more and also home. Unlike Philly, where they hate everyone.
Cause Dallas loves EVERYONE! Including Romo.

Old 04-26-2013, 11:56 PM   #224 (permalink)

Quote:
Nick Foles Scramble & TD Pass to Demaris Johnson - YouTube

The drive vs Tampa Bay? Did you not watch that game? BTW, please stop comparing Foles to QB's like RG3 Kaepernick and Wilson
Decent TD. However, did you notice how the ball was thrown well behind Johnson? He almost got caught. Should have at least been on the chest/shoulder.

This is what happens when you throw it in front of/on your receiver, rather than behind:

Michael Vick 88 yard touchdown pass to DeSean Jackson. - YouTube

Also, that was during the preseason dude. Find a play where it actually matters please

Last edited by lagalaxyfan23; 04-26-2013 at 11:59 PM.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:56 PM   #225 (permalink)

Quote:
Cause Dallas loves EVERYONE! Including Romo.
No, but Philly hates everyone, even players who are good. It's Philly's culture. They just need to kvetch to get it out of their system.
Andrew Luck