Blowout Cards Forums
Baseball Card Singles

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2013, 08:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2013 Philadelphia Eagles DRAFT and OFF-SEASON Thread

I saw that there's a few Eagles fans on the board. Hoping to keep this going as I enjoy hearing opinions from others. Please don't post if you have something mean or negative to say (i.e., Dream Team).

I'll start:
I really hope the Eagles pick up a Nose Tackle in round one. I think Sharrif Floyd could play NT and is going to be an animal. Round 2 needs to be secondary or an outside LB. Third rd should be EJ Manuel, he seems like he could be a great QB and would fit perfectly in Chip's system. The rest of the draft should be BAP.

I hope we spend WISELY in FA now that Andy is gone and Roseman saw what happens when we splurge on worthless talent. Dashon Goldson is plain OVERRATED. We need to spend wisely while securing good talent. I really like Kruger from BAL and Eric Winston from KC.
sportscardbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:59 PM   #2 (permalink)

I think this is the perfect draft for the eagles to trade down. It's a strong draft on the offensive and defensive lines and with the 4th pick you have a lot of room
To maneuver. Save the big name free agent signings for next year when we know who our long term qb is gonna be and we have a better idea of where we stand bc right now the eagles are a complete mystery.
adamrosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:18 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscardbreak View Post
I saw that there's a few Eagles fans on the board. Hoping to keep this going as I enjoy hearing opinions from others. Please don't post if you have something mean or negative to say (i.e., Dream Team).

I'll start:
I really hope the Eagles pick up a Nose Tackle in round one. I think Sharrif Floyd could play NT and is going to be an animal. Round 2 needs to be secondary or an outside LB. Third rd should be EJ Manuel, he seems like he could be a great QB and would fit perfectly in Chip's system. The rest of the draft should be BAP.

I hope we spend WISELY in FA now that Andy is gone and Roseman saw what happens when we splurge on worthless talent. Dashon Goldson is plain OVERRATED. We need to spend wisely while securing good talent. I really like Kruger from BAL and Eric Winston from KC.
Finally an Eagles fan on here that knows what he's talking about!

In the first there is so many options. If Joeckel is somehow there they have to take him, I feel the same way with Dee. I would have no problem taking Floyd as he should be there. I agree with the second round, although I doubt Manuel will be there in the 3rd. He recently moved up Mayock's board to the #2 qb spot. Whatever Chip's system turns out to look like, I think the QBs currently on the roster can handle it. Would rather wait to get a QB next year. I really just want them to draft defense. Last year's draft was solid for the first time in ages.

Onto FA, I agree I don't want big names I want good players. I don't want Goldson either. I like Kruger & Winston as well. I'd like to see them go after a corner assuming both Asomugha & DRC are gone (both are useless, and we need an attitude in the secondary), Gamble would be my top choice through FA. I would have no complaints with Sean Smith or even a Sheldon Brown return as a depth player.
http://s79.photobucket.com/albums/j132/r_ross9013/PC/
weaponX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:28 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaponX View Post
Finally an Eagles fan on here that knows what he's talking about!

In the first there is so many options. If Joeckel is somehow there they have to take him, I feel the same way with Dee. I would have no problem taking Floyd as he should be there. I agree with the second round, although I doubt Manuel will be there in the 3rd. He recently moved up Mayock's board to the #2 qb spot. Whatever Chip's system turns out to look like, I think the QBs currently on the roster can handle it. Would rather wait to get a QB next year. I really just want them to draft defense. Last year's draft was solid for the first time in ages.

Onto FA, I agree I don't want big names I want good players. I don't want Goldson either. I like Kruger & Winston as well. I'd like to see them go after a corner assuming both Asomugha & DRC are gone (both are useless, and we need an attitude in the secondary), Gamble would be my top choice through FA. I would have no complaints with Sean Smith or even a Sheldon Brown return as a depth player.
FIRSTLY- You have the best username on the forum, my favorite Eagle of all time.

Manuel in the second is wishful thinking.

Now back on the Dawkins subject. Our defense was absolutely dominant and we were consistently SB contenders, even when our offense was not exactly ship-shape. We need another dominant, hard hitting, ball hawking, leader in the safety position. Eric Reid seems like the guy in the second. He's all of the above, and would be our future defensive captain. If he gets taken in the first, then I think TJ McDonald is the guy in the 3rd/4th. Not sure about his leadership skills but he has the skills to attempt to replicate his game after B-Dawk.

In the first, moving down would be smart. But, moving down anywhere past 15 would be foolish. Most payers after 15 are only borderline first rounders. I think if we move down between 10-20, we need either the best available OLB, Star (if he gets cleared), or Warmack. We lack at guard, and he is supposedly one of the best guard prospects in the past decade.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:49 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
FIRSTLY- You have the best username on the forum, my favorite Eagle of all time.

Manuel in the second is wishful thinking.

Now back on the Dawkins subject. Our defense was absolutely dominant and we were consistently SB contenders, even when our offense was not exactly ship-shape. We need another dominant, hard hitting, ball hawking, leader in the safety position. Eric Reid seems like the guy in the second. He's all of the above, and would be our future defensive captain. If he gets taken in the first, then I think TJ McDonald is the guy in the 3rd/4th. Not sure about his leadership skills but he has the skills to attempt to replicate his game after B-Dawk.

In the first, moving down would be smart. But, moving down anywhere past 15 would be foolish. Most payers after 15 are only borderline first rounders. I think if we move down between 10-20, we need either the best available OLB, Star (if he gets cleared), or Warmack. We lack at guard, and he is supposedly one of the best guard prospects in the past decade.
Haha thanks. I'd love Reid in the second as well. Would you take a late pick chance on Mathieu? The kid is a baller just needs to get his act together, his combine was impressive too. I'd also like to see Elam if Reid is unavailable.

I disagree on trading down. This is the first time we've had a Top 5 in a long time, even though there is no offensive superstars available they need to take BPA. Even though there is so much talent from 1-15. I wish we had the #4 last year and #15 this year lol.

Star or Floyd at #4 would make me happy, so would Dee, Joeckel or Dion though. I'm so excited for this off season.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:42 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Haha thanks. I'd love Reid in the second as well. Would you take a late pick chance on Mathieu? The kid is a baller just needs to get his act together, his combine was impressive too. I'd also like to see Elam if Reid is unavailable.

I disagree on trading down. This is the first time we've had a Top 5 in a long time, even though there is no offensive superstars available they need to take BPA. Even though there is so much talent from 1-15. I wish we had the #4 last year and #15 this year lol.

Star or Floyd at #4 would make me happy, so would Dee, Joeckel or Dion though. I'm so excited for this off season.
I definitely would love Honey Badger if he gets his act together. Kid almost won the Heisman. He's a bit small but could easily cover the slot. Great late-round value (If he drops).

Forgot about Elam. Not as good as Reid but could easily succeed.

Star or Floyd at #4 would make me happy, so would Dee, Joeckel or Dion though. I'm so excited for this off season. - My exact feeling. All of them would be great selections for what Philly needs.
Team Connor!
Old 03-11-2013, 02:25 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
I definitely would love Honey Badger if he gets his act together. Kid almost won the Heisman. He's a bit small but could easily cover the slot. Great late-round value (If he drops).

Forgot about Elam. Not as good as Reid but could easily succeed.

Star or Floyd at #4 would make me happy, so would Dee, Joeckel or Dion though. I'm so excited for this off season. - My exact feeling. All of them would be great selections for what Philly needs.
Yeah Honey Badger could be a gamble worth taking. I think signing a FA safety and drafting one is the best option. I'd be open to a Mikell return. I have a feeling they may go after Laron Landry, he was supposed to sign here before he went to the Jets but they never let him leave NY after he visited the Jets lol.

But yeah the #4 pick should be a great one.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:28 PM   #8 (permalink)

Future Eagle (first round pick)

and the late round pick
ajscards101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:24 PM   #9 (permalink)

Eagles sign Colt Anderson to a 1 year deal and Jon Dorenbos to a 4 year deal

Nice to see Dorenbos back
Old 03-11-2013, 05:45 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajscards101 View Post

Also it seems like there are stories that the Eagles are interested in anyone with a pulse lately
Devi8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:38 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devi8or View Post
Also it seems like there are stories that the Eagles are interested in anyone with a pulse lately
I mean we have like 35 mil to blow. Guarantee you Roseman gets a player like Revis. He just loves being in the news!
Team Connor!
Old 03-11-2013, 11:26 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:

Agreed these two are special teams aces. Colt is awesome on kick/punt coverage.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:53 AM   #13 (permalink)

Eagles sign two before free agency, aren’t expected to re-sign any others | ProFootballTalk

Rodgers-Cromartie isn’t the only free agent that the Eagles have decided to move on from this year. Guard Jake Scott, linebacker Akeem Jordan, defensive end Darryl Tapp, defensive tackle Derek Landri, and tackle King Dunlap are also expected to move on from the Eagles once free agency gets rolling.

The King is moving on
Old 03-12-2013, 12:40 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Eagles sign two before free agency, arenít expected to re-sign any others | ProFootballTalk

Rodgers-Cromartie isnít the only free agent that the Eagles have decided to move on from this year. Guard Jake Scott, linebacker Akeem Jordan, defensive end Darryl Tapp, defensive tackle Derek Landri, and tackle King Dunlap are also expected to move on from the Eagles once free agency gets rolling.

The King is moving on
The king has left the building.
Team Connor!
Old 03-12-2013, 12:41 PM   #15 (permalink)

Oh thank god....f**k King Dunlap. Softest, most worthless player, pound-for-pound (inch-by-inch) we've ever had. Go away.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:02 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
The king has left the building.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonValdez View Post
Oh thank god....f**k King Dunlap. Softest, most worthless player, pound-for-pound (inch-by-inch) we've ever had. Go away.
I can't agree more, he was pathetic. Someone will sign him, good luck with him!

I hope Ed Reed or James Harrison come to Philly.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:04 PM   #17 (permalink)

Adam Schefter reports that the Eagles have interest in free agent LT Jake Long. Hm...
Old 03-12-2013, 01:06 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
I can't agree more, he was pathetic. Someone will sign him, good luck with him!

I hope Ed Reed or James Harrison come to Philly.
I think we have a better shot to land James Anderson over Harrison now that the Panthers cut him. As much as I like Reed, I think he ends up elsewhere. I'm selfishly hoping that leads to William Moore
Seanathan297 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:01 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanathan297 View Post
I think we have a better shot to land James Anderson over Harrison now that the Panthers cut him. As much as I like Reed, I think he ends up elsewhere. I'm selfishly hoping that leads to William Moore
I hate to burst your bubble but William Moore resigned with ATL.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:40 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
I hate to burst your bubble but William Moore resigned with ATL.
3 day old oversight..

Apparently the list of free agents I saw posted on sportsline was not up to date. My Moore birds to birds plan has been dashed lmao.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:47 PM   #21 (permalink)

Nnamdi released finally.

RIP Dream Team.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:52 PM   #22 (permalink)

I think this pretty much locks Dee Milliner in at #4 if he is still on the board. Nnamdi will land on his feet somewhere. I don't think he will be Oakland Raiders Nnamdi, but I think he will be quite good on a defense that actually caters to his strengths.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:13 PM   #23 (permalink)

Thank god Asomugha is gone

Milliner time
Old 03-12-2013, 05:15 PM   #24 (permalink)

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Eagles closing in on an agreement with Texans free agent tight end James Casey.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:50 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanathan297 View Post
I think this pretty much locks Dee Milliner in at #4 if he is still on the board. Nnamdi will land on his feet somewhere. I don't think he will be Oakland Raiders Nnamdi, but I think he will be quite good on a defense that actually caters to his strengths.
What strengths? He sucked in zone and certainly couldn't play man. Liability on every pass play. Teams exposed him badly.