Blowout Cards Forums
Baseball Card Singles

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2013, 07:25 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Upper Deck with another rip off..

So, I pulled a Drew Brees redemption autograph card from Exquisite and UD claims Brees lost the cards and send this in place of it; a Ray Rice Sp Authentic rookie! I mean the card is nice but it isn't on the level of a Drew Brees exquisite autograph that they cliam Brees lost. The Ray Rice has the same Beckett book value as the Rice so they say this is fair. A SP Authentic Rice sales for around 25-35 bucks and this is fair? Stay away from UD they're just ripping us off and their customer service compares to those guys you call over seas when you need assistance. I'm done dropping thousands on their products..
I only pull for is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:40 PM   #2 (permalink)

Old 03-15-2013, 07:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

I'd rather have Rice.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:45 PM   #4 (permalink)

So you would rather have a 25 dollar card over a card that would buy you 3 Ray Rice Sp Authentic's just like this? Makes sense.....

Last edited by I only pull for; 03-15-2013 at 07:53 PM.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:54 PM   #5 (permalink)

I don't get why people complain over redemption replacements.

If you buy a product, you should fully know which cards are redemptions .. and when they expire. This way, you won't be upset.

It's like buying a pre-packaged sandwich that's 10 years old and being upset that it's spoiled ... KNOW WHAT YOU'RE BUYING OR DON'T BUY IT!

And also know that Upper Deck goes by BOOK VALUE...period.

If you don't like those details on redemptions, DON'T BUY PRODUCT THAT HAS REDEMPTIONS!

These threads come up all the time and it's ridiculous. You really expect UD to match sell value?

What about when someone sits on a ton of expired redemptions and then decides to redeem and replace when a player/card is hot?

This is the way it is, and it makes sense to collectors. People looking to sell their hits/cards/etc are upset, but a collector would be MORE THAN HAPPY to have a redemption card replaced when it's expired or not available!
paul06901 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:00 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul06901 View Post

If you buy a product, you should fully know which cards are redemptions .. and when they expire. This way, you won't be upset.

It's like buying a pre-packaged sandwich that's 10 years old and being upset that it's spoiled ... KNOW WHAT YOU'RE BUYING OR DON'T BUY IT!

If you don't like those details on redemptions, DON'T BUY PRODUCT THAT HAS REDEMPTIONS!

These threads come up all the time and it's ridiculous. You really expect UD to match sell value?

What about when someone sits on a ton of expired redemptions and then decides to redeem and replace when a player/card is hot?

This is the way it is, and it makes sense to collectors. People looking to sell their hits/cards/etc are upset, but a collector would be MORE THAN HAPPY to have a redemption card replaced when it's expired or not available!
First off the card wasn't expired it was replaced with a card that in no where the level of the card that was redeemed the 1st day the product come out. 2nd off if you like the fact that these products have redemption's good for you . Still doesn't mean it's right for them to send this in place of a high end product. How can a card that wasn't produced even have a book value? If it wasn't for people like me busting 3 or 4 cases of this stuff and selling off what we don't want people like you wouldn't ever be able to buy them..
If you don't like the fact a customer is unhappy with being treated like bleep then that is your problem. Just because someone wants what is promised to them doesn't mean they aren't a collector. When you drop 3-4k on opening a product you expect the company that promised you an item to come through with it or at least provide you with something from the same product instead of a card mass produced when you're expecting a low numbered card to 75 out of a high end product that holds its value instead of a cheap Sp Authentic numbered to a 1000.

Last edited by I only pull for; 03-15-2013 at 08:05 PM.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:04 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by I only pull for View Post
First off the card wasn't expired it was replaced with a card that in no where the level of the card that was redeemed the 1st day the product come out. 2nd off if you like the fact that these products have redemption's good for you . Still doesn't mean it's right for them to send this in place of a high end product. How can a card that wasn't produced even have a book value? If it wasn't for people like me busting 3 or 4 cases of this stuff and selling off what we don't want people like you wouldn't ever be able to buy them..
You say level, but it's exactly the same level. BV for BV ... that's how UD has always done their replacements. So it's exactly 100% even.

I didn't say I like redemptions, I hate them. I think they're awful and annoying. I think companies should wait until all of the sets are signed before they release, and stop pushing out 100 sets/year.

If your grudge is with the BV, that's on Beckett. I agree they're horrible at valuing cards, and BV is a completely ridiculous and useless gauge of value. But it's the known method of redemption replacement.

And your last comment, I have no idea what you even mean by that lol
paul06901 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:13 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
So, I pulled a Drew Brees redemption autograph card from Exquisite and UD claims Brees lost the cards and send this in place of it; a Ray Rice Sp Authentic rookie! I mean the card is nice but it isn't on the level of a Drew Brees exquisite autograph that they cliam Brees lost. The Ray Rice has the same Beckett book value as the Rice so they say this is fair. A SP Authentic Rice sales for around 25-35 bucks and this is fair? Stay away from UD they're just ripping us off and their customer service compares to those guys you call over seas when you need assistance. I'm done dropping thousands on their products..

what is the bolded supposed to mean?

also do you think the companies or really any of us care about how much you say you drop on a product? If you quit all that means is someone else will buy it and the companies will still get their money
duwal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:15 PM   #9 (permalink)

"When you drop 3-4k on opening a product you expect the company that promised you an item to come through with it or at least provide you with something from the same product instead of a card mass produced when you're expecting a low numbered card to 75 out of a high end product that holds its value instead of a cheap Sp Authentic numbered to a 1000."

What is hard to understand about that? I expect good customer service from a company that I spend thousands with every year? Is that a hard thing to comprehend? If you hate these post why do you feel the need to comment? Apparently if other people are posting the same thing about these card companies then I would say that company needs improvement..Upper Deck based nothing off of value they based it on whatever they had laying around they felt the needed to dump.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:16 PM   #10 (permalink)

You're complaining about an upgrade. Seriously? I hope you never get comped something in Vegas because you'll probably hit the roof over that.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:19 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duwal View Post
what is the bolded supposed to mean?

also do you think the companies or really any of us care about how much you say you drop on a product? If you quit all that means is someone else will buy it and the companies will still get their money
What is that suppose to mean? I mean for the love of god is reading comprehension dead? To spell it out for you; it means when your call is transferred to an off seas phone base you know that you are going to get bad service.

If these companies don't stop ripping people off, people will quit buying their product. It's actually a pretty rational thought.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:20 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jones View Post
You're complaining about an upgrade. Seriously? I hope you never get comped something in Vegas because you'll probably hit the roof over that.
School must be out...
Damn, what is this a kids forum?
Vegas promies you nothing..... Gambling and a card redemption aren't the same thing. You little guys like to argue don't you?
Old 03-15-2013, 08:22 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
So it's upper decks fault Brees lost the cards? How bout you go blame the right people. Typical saints fan
AP4MVP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:27 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP4MVP View Post
So it's upper decks fault Brees lost the cards? How bout you go blame the right people. Typical saints fan
No, if you buy a high end product I expect a high end product in return. I don't want a lesser product than I bought. They're are plenty of Exquisite cards laying around Upper Deck on the same level of this Brees they could've sent out, but they chose to dump all of the high numbered cards to get out of their way, plain and simple.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:29 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
School must be out...
Damn, what is this a kids forum?
Vegas promies you nothing..... Gambling and a card redemption aren't the same thing. You little guys like to argue don't you?
No, we are all just extremely jealous of your ability to get butthurt over receiving a better replacement card than the redemption you pulled.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:29 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
No, if you buy a high end product I expect a high end product in return. I don't want a lesser product than I bought. They're are plenty of Exquisite cards laying around Upper Deck on the same level of this Brees they could've sent out, but they chose to dump all of the high numbered cards to get out of their way, plain and simple.
Ok saints fan
AP4MVP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:30 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
You got screwed, if the redemption was expired sure great replacement but it wasn't. It was from also a highend product, brees would sold $100+
Jrue, Gordon, Evans and Davis
pham504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:31 PM   #18 (permalink)

I must say that im surprised that a ray rice spa auto patch only sells for 25 bucks

anusinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:31 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jones View Post
No, we are all just extremely jealous of your ability to get butthurt over receiving a better replacement card than the redemption you pulled.
F'n 12 year olds...
One day when you grow up and spend your own money maybe you will understand, until then enjoy mommy's money and milk.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:35 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pham504 View Post
You got screwed, if the redemption was expired sure great replacement but it wasn't. It was from also a highend product, brees would sold $100+
That is my entire point. I opened 3 cases of Exquisite and redeemed both of my redemption's the same night the product was released. If this was a replacement for an expired redemption I wouldn't complain. This is a slap to the face by upper deck replacing high end products with low end high numbered stuff. The Rice isn't a bad card but it's not on the level of Exquisite.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:36 PM   #21 (permalink)

you guys are all jerks lol.. i have a couple redemptions waiting and i am gona be po'd if they dont come through because they are parts to my team sets im building.. what is so hard to understand that this guy isn't happy with the card he received..

we as collectors fork over millions of dollars to these companies which is largely profit for them.. doesn't cost a whole hell of a lot to put a cardboard card together even when it contains manufactured jersey's n whatever else..

the value from these cards comes from the collectors themselves supply and demand.. yeah ray rice auto rookie is an awesome card that many of us would like to have in our collection.. but say you're a huge green bay fan and you turn in an aaron rodgers redemption /75 and you got back a frank gore 49rs rookie numbered /1000... are you gona be happy? no and that is exactly his point...

the card companies are not going to care or change anything until its customers force it to.. its gona cost them more money to get things done but pushing it off on someone else really isn't the customers problem.. if upper deck, topps, or panini puts a redemption in their product for a specific player then i damn well expect to receive that card.. hey i understand it can take a bit sometimes and i might have to wait.. yeah that sucks but in the end would it really be that hard for upper deck or any other sports card company to say hey drew.. you lost those cards we sent you and you signed a contract which we paid you to sign and return those cards.. so heres some stickers.. sign em dont lose em and send em back to us.. make a print run of the damn cards even if they were lost (which i doubt) and send the customers the fricken cards they paid for....
Chrisp253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:43 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anusinha View Post
I must say that im surprised that a ray rice spa auto patch only sells for 25 bucks
Yea me too. I always though his stuff was too cheap for his talent. I do agree that this was a bad exchange.
Frankp2311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:46 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:

1st when a product is released what #@#@#@#@ing company produces a checklist and or product sell sheet that show's you what players will be redemptions.

2nd If a product advertises particular player Auto's YOU think it's OK after the product is released to not include those advertised Auto's and then send you a replacement of what they feel is the equivalent, it's buyers like you that they are clearly targeting.

Lastly if you are going to respond to a thread read before you send a response, the OP clearly states he pulled a 2012 redemption (not an expired) of a player that was clearly advertised as one of the player Auto's on the checklist UD released with the product.

I don't get why people should accept an arbitrary replacement Auto when a Mfg. produces a redemption for an Auto that is clearly included on their product checklist!! If they must replace at least replace with an Auto from the same or equivalent 'high end' product!!

Last edited by TASS; 03-15-2013 at 08:53 PM.
TASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:11 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:

Pretty much none of what you're saying applies to the OP's post.

A collector wants to have the cards of the players he/she collects! So if you collect Brees and land a Brees redemption you are going to be pretty stoked until get your redemption filled and it's not Brees or even a guy on your team.

OP has every reason to bee upset regardless of value.
2013 Bowman/5 Auto,2013 Tribute WBC Patch, All 1/1's.
pigeonsbaseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:24 PM   #25 (permalink)

Well this confirms UD sticking it to me and leaving the KY at home. Everything I've pulled from their products of late has been damaged and now they are mailing out the damaged or not so nice cards to their customers. Yes, this grade is accurate. I had this card graded to prove a point and I also had this Sorenstram graded to prove that the high end products I've been opening are constantly being pulled with dinged corners. The Sorenstam was pulled and placed into a card saver I and shipped to BGS along with another 300 cards. UD's customer service has always been subpar but now it's hit rock bottom. I still have 2 redemption's open with this place a Demarrco Murray Exquisite and a DR J autograph that I have told them to replace because I don't won't to deal with them anymore and I bet they stick it to me again on those.

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by I only pull for; 04-03-2013 at 08:27 PM.