Blowout Cards Forums
2014 holiday shipping promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2013, 09:21 PM   #26 (permalink)

Silver was told that Palmer ultimately might prefer a backup role with a contending team over making more money as a starter with the Raiders.

lol so Alex Smith had to deal with the "What's it like seeing your team in the SB with another QB starting?" and for Palmer it's "We won the SB! And I'm the backup! Woohoo!"
Old 03-29-2013, 09:28 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacky1053 View Post
Silver was told that Palmer ultimately might prefer a backup role with a contending team over making more money as a starter with the Raiders.

lol so Alex Smith had to deal with the "What's it like seeing your team in the SB with another QB starting?" and for Palmer it's "We won the SB! And I'm the backup! Woohoo!"
When you want to settle as a back-up you no longer deserve to start anywhere. I really hope he is traded to the Cardinals. Palmer will probably sulk if this happens and threaten to retire again.
ekalbnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:08 PM   #28 (permalink)

And in other news, Matt Flynn's career is officially over.
bern024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:18 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekalbnz View Post
His Contract this year is for $13 mil. Raiders want him to take a $3 mil pay cut too $10 mil this year and he is refusing. It's been reported he would take a pay-cut for a different team and would rather go to a "contender" to be a backup. So he needs to go. You don't want your QB and your "leader" being a guy who does not want to be on the team anymore. Would not surprise me if he starts sulking again and threaten to retire if he doesn't get what he wants.
My sentiments EXACLTY!!! Good riddance, his competitiveness is gone...and so is he...bye bye.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:43 PM   #30 (permalink)

I can see his reasoning, outside of a very few years with the Bengals, he has never been a contender for a ring. Now he wants his ring. If he can't have it, he wants the money.

Can't fault him much for that. I still can't believe the Raiders handed over two 1sts for him. Yikes. He was done after his injury... hasn't been the same at all.
freethrowtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:24 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freethrowtommy View Post
I can see his reasoning, outside of a very few years with the Bengals, he has never been a contender for a ring. Now he wants his ring. If he can't have it, he wants the money.

Can't fault him much for that. I still can't believe the Raiders handed over two 1sts for him. Yikes. He was done after his injury... hasn't been the same at all.
It was a first and second, but completely agree. Unfortunately, AD had just passed and Hue Jackson had no one to answer too so he made the trade. I cannot describe how furious I was when this happened! When this happened I was actually hoping they would have traded for Flynn so I am pretty happy to see Flynn coming in to compete if it happens.

And don't get me wrong, I can completely understand an older vet signing a cheaper contract with a contender than taking bigger money to go to a team currently struggling to get from the bottom of the league. That is if they are going to be in the same role for both teams - like being the starter on both the contender and the lesser team.

What drives me nuts though is that Palmer would rather ride the bench for a contender than be a starter on the Raiders (or any lesser team for that matter). That tells me his drive and passion has gone from the game. No player playing in such a competitive league like the NFL should ever want to sit on the bench than starting. Even if it means he has a better chance at a ring. That is taking the "easy way out" to getting a ring.
ekalbnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:17 PM   #32 (permalink)

Looks like it's official.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:37 PM   #33 (permalink)

It's Official for 2 undisclosed picks one from 14 one from 15.. now who does Seattle grab for a back up since Wilson is now the only QB on the roster.

Last edited by Seahawks fan; 04-01-2013 at 01:58 PM.
Seahawks fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:34 PM   #34 (permalink)

Glad to see Matt Flynn got his chance. Hope the Raiders don't draft Geno and gets the poor guy stuck in another QB battle where he was supposed to be the starter. Seahawks still need a #2 QB but Flynn doesn't fit in with the offense we now have and it's apparent that the Seahawks felt the need to give him his best chance. Classy move.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:36 PM   #35 (permalink)

Hey, maybe Flynn will get his shot now...man, his prices have dropped since the Seahawks signed him. SPAs to be had for less than $20.
lambeauleap87 is offline   Reply With Quote