Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2013, 03:51 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default 5 fake Exquisite RPA's w/ Proof Before-After pics; MJD, Stafford, C Johnson, AP, Rice

Here's 5 more fake patches I found tonight.

I know the sellers of these cards might not have altered them, but I'm listing their eBay seller ID's anyway..

Also you can watch this video to help you spotting fake patches:

2008 EXQUISITE RAY RICE ROOKIE AUTO 2 COLOR /199 (01/01/2012)

2008 UD Exquisite Ray Rice Auto 4 Color Patch RC 55 199 | eBay

eBay seller: gotcards22

07 Adrian Peterson EXQUISITE Rookie Patch 74/99 #13 (07/28/2008)...

2007 Exquisite Adrian Peterson 3 Color Rap 99 | eBay

eBay seller: denmarkvecsey

MATTHEW STAFFORD EXQUISITE ROOKIE AUTO PATCH #ED 93/ (04/06/2011)...

2009 Matthew Stafford Exquisite Auto 5 Sep Patch Rookie RC 99 | eBay

eBay seller: mnmiracle2004

CHRIS JOHNSON EXQUISITE 3-CLR RC PATCH AUTO #/199 AS (07/22/2010)...

2008 08 UD Exquisite Chris Johnson Auto 4clr 19 Breaks Patch RC SP 199 Titans | eBay

eBay seller: reesejensen

UD EXQUISITE MAURICE DREW RC ROOKIE PATCH AUTO /225

Maurice Jones Drew 2006 Exquisite Signature Rookie 4 CLR Auto Patch 225 BV $350 | eBay

eBay seller: hartscards

NewAgeHardcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 04:04 AM   #2 (permalink)

Those patch did a such good job. How can you tell fake or not. I wish bgs or Psa can grade real or fake patch. That way you know you get the real patch.
zhiyuchen90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:40 AM   #3 (permalink)

lol I'm pretty sure almost half the stafford exquisite rpa's are doctored by now. I stopped keeping track over a year ago...the hobby is so tainted.
ninjacookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:15 AM   #4 (permalink)

I stopped collecting patches years ago. Some of these are nice enough to look real in hand... a scan its impossible to tell one way or the other.

I would like to see all companies do what LEAF has done and start a database of patches... it won't happen but I would like to see it.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:04 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyzqna View Post
I stopped collecting patches years ago. Some of these are nice enough to look real in hand... a scan its impossible to tell one way or the other.

I would like to see all companies do what LEAF has done and start a database of patches... it won't happen but I would like to see it.
I think what leaf did is the only way to deter fake patches. If companies cared about the integrity of their product and more importantly...the customer. They would pay a couple of high school kids to scan all their patch cards and throw them in a database to protect their multi-million dollar investment.
paparoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:15 AM   #6 (permalink)

Thanx for the info
It Sucks seeing fake cards out their on ebay.
Definitly a +1 for seeing all other card companies databasing all their patches. Espically for such sets as Exquisite and National Treasures and other High End sets.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:19 AM   #7 (permalink)

You are the man!

Oddly enough I have a high #'d(/999 or something) non auto or gu that I have 2 of the exact same serial number for, ill dig them up and post a picture
yourmyboyblue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:54 PM   #8 (permalink)

would it really cost topps/panini/and upper deck that much money to get images of all their patch cards? I don't know why they wouldnt unless it was a money issue
Old 03-31-2013, 11:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
Approved Group Sub Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by bford588 View Post
would it really cost topps/panini/and upper deck that much money to get images of all their patch cards? I don't know why they wouldnt unless it was a money issue
im gonna answer this one for you.
They don't give a flying .............
Old 04-01-2013, 02:58 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackvay View Post
im gonna answer this one for you.
They don't give a flying .............
lol I know...it's just sad...It would make selling and buying RPA's more reputable
Old 04-01-2013, 10:13 AM   #11 (permalink)

Its just like Panini with their "buy it now, send it in to us with a check for $10.00 and a couple of weeks later we'll send it back to you with a Yes its real holder or a No its fake so we stamped all over your card stating as such and you'll now never be able to purge it from your collection" Authentication process.

I've even heard stories on how people can easily get by this process and get altered cards encased as authentic but I wont list how they do it just in case some scammers are reading these. But its pretty damn easy! Online database is the only way to go. Its really not that hard. I see Tracy over there taking all kinds of pictures for the pack out process. Just put all the like cards on a table, serial number the front, and not the backs, get an HD camera and take a couple of pictures. Pretty easy!
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:27 AM   #12 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to BUCSFAN99

On all high end product they should have a photo database on the cards for folks to check and verify. It would also deter the patch fakers for sure. Some folks have suggested that the card companies put in RF chips, kinda like what folks have implanted in their pets so they can be scanned and figure out who their owners are. But the patch fakers would find a way to swap them out too.

The photo database is really the only way to keep track of them. Maybe put a serial # on the card that can be entered into the database and then the real photo pop up. Not showing all of the photo's openly would be beneficial to the sellers too. I know that if I were buying that I would hold out for the best patch possible if I could see all of the originals up front and that would hurt the seller, if that makes sense.

Soonner fan until death. BOOMER SOONER!!!
BUCSFAN99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:38 AM   #13 (permalink)

Problem #1-Whats to stop anyone from using a Jamie Harper 4 color patch that has the Kodak trace on it that Panini claims is on all thier GU cards and putting it a Chris Johnson GU Card that was one color? The Kodak trace is there.

My thoughts? They go thru the trouble of putting a certificate on the back of GU cards,why not a picture of the front of the card on the back of the card ?Cannot think of a better COA then that? Thoughts?