Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2013, 11:44 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Super collections Or PC collections...what gets YOU started?

Just curios as to what makes others decide to start a PC or super collection of a certain player. Lets hear who you collect and why....
Old 03-31-2013, 11:54 AM   #2 (permalink)

Leon washington bcuz he was the starting running back when i went to FSU and then we were lucky enough to have him as a seahawk for a few years!
Chrisp253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:57 AM   #3 (permalink)

Jordy Nelson and Rodgers because they were cheaper Packers players (at the time). Rodgers blew up.

Worthy because I am an MSU fan and Packers fan.
freethrowtommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Demarcus ware he was my first 1/1 and my favorite cowboys player.
JonMead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:01 PM   #5 (permalink)

Tim Tebow, Kurt Warner, Drew Brees and Pete Maravich because they are open about their faith and I really admire that about them. I also collect Peyton Manning and Darren Sproles because they are just AWESOME! Brees and Sproles also play for my home team. Peyton is also a Louisiana native. Pete Maravich played for LSU and the New Orleans Jazz. Iv enjoyed collecting a lot more ever since I narrowed down my focus to just a few key players.
Matthew 5:16
powerwh33ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:02 PM   #6 (permalink)

I became a Pats fan back in 1993 when the #1 overall pick signed TTM for me. It was my first successful TTM request and that's my story.
Current Needs: Drew Bledsoe 2009 BTL Auto's O,T; Buybacks; Butler Bulldogs (Gordon Hayward, Shelvin Mack, Matt Howard); Looking for the following: Alfonzo Dennard '12 TC Superfractor; Chandler Jones '12 TC and Bowman Sterling Superfractors; Please PM me with details
ssbledsoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:10 PM   #7 (permalink)

Luke played his high school ball here in Cincinnati.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:37 PM   #8 (permalink)

DeMarco Murray because I always pick up a few autos of each Cowboys player that is drafted on draft day, but this was an exception. I knew how great of a college player he was and knew it was going to translate to the NFL. Felix Jones was meh, so I figured DeMarco would be the starter the next season. I didn't imagine that he would start week 8 and his card prices exploded, but I stuck with him. almost 3/4 of the way to 1,000 cards later, I still collect him. On to the chase for 100 1/1's!
Also want your Brook Lopez, Mason Plumlee and Deron Williams
yankeesfan24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:39 PM   #9 (permalink)

Brian because he's a friend, osu on general because I'm buckeye born n buckeye bred
bucknut27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:34 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisp253 View Post
Leon washington bcuz he was the starting running back when i went to FSU and then we were lucky enough to have him as a seahawk for a few years!
Id like to see what Leon washingtons you have. Hes not one of the usual names you would here. I think he will do fine in New England
MrMasterpiece is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:35 PM   #11 (permalink)

I ended up team collecting because there is usually a player or two that I am a fan of on each team. I target my two favorites (Colts and Dolphins) more because there are more players I love like Peyton Manning, Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, etc..

I committed to building one set, and that is the 2010 Finest- mainly because I liked the look of it. I now find myself in the awkward position of hunting cards of players I either don't like or couldn't care less about. But, I think it will be worth it to complete the set.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:38 PM   #12 (permalink)

Aldrick Robinson is from my small Texas town.

I'm selling a large chunk of my collection! Check it out: http://imgur.com/a/mPojN/all
TheFrenzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:41 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMasterpiece View Post
Id like to see what Leon washingtons you have. Hes not one of the usual names you would here. I think he will do fine in New England
Eh i dont have a ton or anything really high end as i just started collecting again 3 months ago. I have a couple rookie patch/autos relatively low #'d and then the usual a few sage autos of him in his fsu jersey and a magic one w the same. im just getting comfortable with collecting cards of players that arent in my teams jersey. Tryin to find some with him in his seahawks jersey still tho.

Ill try and update my bucket tmrw w my pc stuff bbout to head off to the parents so the kid can find some eggs.
Chrisp253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:57 PM   #14 (permalink)

Looks like quite a few PC because of closeness to the player...school, city, state, college. I collect lamichael James...well, because I live in oregon and follow the Ducks religiously...lol. I'll also start collecting a player ie..Russell wilson, because I happened to pull a couple nice cards of his.
I have thought about a PC of Troy polamalau...he was a couple years you get than me...but I prob wild have played against him in football had I played. I remember hearing how much of a BEAST he was. Dragging three dudes down the field trying to tackle him...lol
Old 03-31-2013, 02:57 PM   #15 (permalink)

I started collecting Marcus Trufant because he was from WA, played for WA state, then got drafted by the Seahawks.. a true Washington native in every sense. Not to mention when I started collecting him in 2004 he was a much cheaper alternative to Shaun Alexander and Hasselbeck.

Photo and image hosting, free photo galleries, photo editing
Seahawks fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 06:05 PM   #16 (permalink)

Bradshaw was a local kid...been watching him play since little league.

See my collection at: Bradshaw44.com
mindbinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 06:27 PM   #17 (permalink)

Blackmon, Weeden, Randle. I met my fiance after OSU (her alumni) KSU (my alumni) game 2 seasons ago. She used to be part of basketball program at OSU and knew nothing about football. I taught her about Weeden, Blackmon, and Randle since I was a closet OSU fan, we watched more games together (and started dating) as they went to fiesta bowl and won it. So we decided to get every single Blackmon, Weeden, and (maybe) Joseph Randle OSU card ever made so we could make a room in our first house kind of commemerating our first year dating ( and kind of for drinking and poke cheering). It was too easy getting all those cards so decided to start a small side collection of Barry Sanders OSU cards. Its not a horribly large collection, maybe like 500-600 cards. No where near the 3500-4000 cards of some collections, but we enjoy doing it together.
rbb147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:54 PM   #18 (permalink)

Went to high school with roddy white and AJ green was from my area as well. Then green went to Georiga my favorite college football team. Nuff said.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:04 PM   #19 (permalink)

Nick Toon because there's no way Brees doesn't make him look amazing. Pretty dang good investment. Plus he's a Saint and I've been a die hard all my life.

Updated bucket: http://s41.photobucket.com/user/whodatnation9/library/
WhoDatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:06 PM   #20 (permalink)

Jonathan Dwyer because he went to my sisters high school and I got to watch him all throughout high school. Then he became a Yellowjacket!!

Bucket-http://s1138.photobucket.com/profile/bigmick33
bigmick33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:35 AM   #21 (permalink)

Well I am PC'ing 8 different guys right now so I guess this could be a long post...

Torrey Smith- Love him. I was excited when the Ravens drafted him and am still hopeful that they have finally found a WR in the draft that could be a stud. This is going to be his year, I hope.

Ray Rice- I still think the Ravens got a steal when they drafted him in the 2nd round. He does so much for the city of Baltimore and he is so much fun to watch on Sunday.

Courtney Upshaw- Decided to go with him because he is young and hasn't exploded on the scene yet. His cards are still very cheap. I don't make him a priority in my daily Ebay searches but if I am low on funds and I need to pick up something to scratch the itch, I know I can always find an Upshaw auto on the cheap.

Torry Holt- Loved watching him play. He is a classy guy who kept his mouth shut and just played football. He didn't drop anything and he didn't do all of those silly end zone dances. His stats are borderline HOF worthy in my opinion.

Ladainian Tomlinson- One of the best RB's of all time in my opinion. He could do it all. Take a look at his stats one day when you get a chance. They are extremely impressive. It is sad to me how quickly we have forgotten just how damn good LT was.

TY Hilton- TY was the winner of a poll I did several weeks ago. I asked my fellow BO members who should be my newest PC. TY received 2/3 of the vote so off I went. I have over 25 of his Autos already and I look to add more every single day.

Justin Blackmon- This PC started on accident I guess. I was browsing Ebay one day and I noticed several Blackmon autos were about to end for what seemed to me to be a relatively cheap price. So I picked them up. Then a White Whale came up that I put an offer on, fully expecting to be auto declined. However it was accepted so I figured, what the hell, let's keep adding to it.

AJ Green- He and Torrey are my favorite current players to watch. I think AJ has all the tools to approach Megatron status. Kid is a monster and he just keeps getting better. Even though he is a Bengal, I can't get enough of him.

Ok... I think I will wrap up this novel now. Sorry for the long read.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:18 AM   #22 (permalink)

Eli manning - huge giants fan and he is my favorite quarterback of all time

Alshon jeffery - simply think hes going to be very good
huskerman47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:27 AM   #23 (permalink)

Packers and badgers because I'm from Wisconsin and that's who I watch/cheer for.

Old 49er's because that's who I cheered for back in the day.

I'm heavily focused on Nick Toon because he was still cheap when Russell Wilson's prices blew up.
Also because I think he has potential to do well having a HOF QB throwing to him and he's on a team with a decent market.... which means he has a good chance of his value going up for a WR.

Plus I have some really sweet cards of him that I am now trying to finish the rainbows for.

But his prices have jumped pretty significantly lately so I have been slowing down on picking up doubles of his stuff and am focusing on finishing all the rainbows I have started of him.

I am trying to save a little money to pick up some of his NT RPA's..... and I will load up of Exquisite cards of his if/when they come out (Badger uni).

Last edited by matt roberson; 04-01-2013 at 11:32 AM.
matt roberson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:44 AM   #24 (permalink)
Banned

Pierre Thomas. Plays for my favorite team and I had the privledge to talk to him
pierrethomasfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:46 AM   #25 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrethomasfan View Post
Pierre Thomas. Plays for my favorite team and I had the privledge to talk to him
You just gave me an idea
JonMead is offline   Reply With Quote