Blowout Cards Forums
Re-Pack Attack

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2013, 04:34 AM   #26 (permalink)

I agree with a lot said, I tried to leave the hobby numerous times but I can never stop breaking packs, I pulled a luck auto patch the other day and the feeling was unreal
Boston Redsox
bbplaya11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:20 AM   #27 (permalink)

bro's, the bubble already burst at the same time the recession hit
hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:54 AM   #28 (permalink)

i have decided to quit collecting sports cards....the price of a box compared to what you get makes it not worth the trouble anymore....i feel like you see the same few guys in every product....im a huge colts fan and i swear every damn box had a fleener or allen rookie auto...ive switched to comics and enjoy it was more
Old 04-01-2013, 06:56 AM   #29 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

People bust product just to pull stuff like this
2012 Finest Andrew Luck Superfractor Auto RC 1 1 PSA 10 Gem Mint | eBay
i mean that's what everyone is after, the Big Jackpot! Singles are the way to go for making your moneys worth, but if you buy singles you will NEVER have the chance of pulling something like that. Again busting packs are for the gamblers trying to win big, the odds are stacked against you but you just never know...
Collecting: Raimel Tapia, Drew Brees
Pejarox7620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:51 AM   #30 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pejarox7620 View Post
People bust product just to pull stuff like this
2012 Finest Andrew Luck Superfractor Auto RC 1 1 PSA 10 Gem Mint | eBay
i mean that's what everyone is after, the Big Jackpot! Singles are the way to go for making your moneys worth, but if you buy singles you will NEVER have the chance of pulling something like that. Again busting packs are for the gamblers trying to win big, the odds are stacked against you but you just never know...
Couldn't have said it better! Busting wax is like scratching lotto tickets, except when u lose on a scratch off ticket, u lose! Wax u always get something back.

I just pulled a luck contenders ticket, no way i would ever waste $400+ on that card like others do. But i only had to pay $130 for a box, an also got 5 other autos!
ufcwecfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:52 AM   #31 (permalink)

I thought Topps and Panini in the last 2 yrs are only printing to presell orders? You always here they sell out of so many products within a few weeks of release, Then, how is there so much supply? It sounds like there are still just as many collectors/dealers if they are selling out so fast?
cobbcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:08 AM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufcwecfan View Post
Couldn't have said it better! Busting wax is like scratching lotto tickets, except when u lose on a scratch off ticket, u lose! Wax u always get something back.

I just pulled a luck contenders ticket, no way i would ever waste $400+ on that card like others do. But i only had to pay $130 for a box, an also got 5 other autos!
Would like to congrats' ya on a nice pull^^^my friend! As for the card market, the companies could give a rats azz about the collectors, really. All their in it for is the $$$. If you don't see that by now then you're blind. Why do you think more and more new products come out every year? It's all about the $$$$. As for the collector...if you have a problem with not getting your money back outta your break, then don't break. As one person mentioned above, it's gambling...at least you get a little something back in return. Some people collect cause they like the hobby, others buy to resell, that's life. Not everyone wins here. Will the card companies ever change their prices and they way they put out new products?! Prolly not. Infact, prices will keep on rising. All we can do as consumers is pick & choose and bust when we feel lucky, end of story.
-Kyle

Bucket:
http://s1189.photobucket.com/albums/z425/kparpart/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ20
kparpart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:21 AM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobbcollector View Post
I thought Topps and Panini in the last 2 yrs are only printing to presell orders? You always here they sell out of so many products within a few weeks of release, Then, how is there so much supply? It sounds like there are still just as many collectors/dealers if they are selling out so fast?
With the rip and flip surge and the help of preordering online these sales are much higher than they have ever been, I am guessing. When I was going to a LCS I would buy a few boxes up to a case because that is what he had available. Now I can (and have) gone online and bought 15 cases.
Frankp2311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:09 AM   #34 (permalink)

The bubble already burst in 2010 when Topps got sucked into the Strasburg hype and nearly killed off their distributors by printing 10k cases of Bowman Chrome and Topps Chrome which caused prices to drop in half. Topps also got away with a terrible 2010 TC FB product.

Since that mistake, the staple products have been solid each of the last 2 years. If you were disciplined enough to stick with base Topps, Topps Chrome, Bowman Platinum/Topps Platinum and Bowman, A&G, and Heritage on the baseball side of things, then you still did okay as a re-seller. Don't forget how successful Tier 1 and Museum were as well. Again, IF you stuck with those products, you did just fine.

2013 has been very profitable for me so far. I'm already well in the green through April 1st by being patient, picking my products carefully, and finding deals from sellers who weren't so patient. This thread should NOT be about Topps/Panini or even the hobby as a whole....this thread should be about the idiots who bust 10 cases of Topps Inception, lose their ass, and leave the hobby before they even get started. But guess what? Those idiots don't hurt me.

Using the OP's example, Topps Supreme didn't hurt my business this year because I didn't buy it. It has no effect on me. The next football product I am breaking is Bowman and that will be huge this year. Be patient, pick the right products, and you'll do okay if you are a seller. It's like trading stocks...nobody buys every stock...they pick and choose the stocks they think will perform best. If more collectors/re-sellers were choosy about their breaks, nobody would be complaining right now. The stock market doesn't crash because a handful of stocks under-performed. The stock market crashes when a bunch of stocks under-perform. I have yet to see a sign that all products across the board are destined to under-perform. 2013 will be like any other year...the regular staple products will do well and the high end, new, experimental products will mostly fail. If you have the PATIENCE to stay away from the latter, you'll be counting your money at the end of 2013.