Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2013, 02:33 PM   #201 (permalink)
Member
 
Chrisp253's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: tacoma, wa
Posts: 4,130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetectiveChrome View Post
Sold out with less than 40 mins! wow - wonder how many are being produced.

25 per household was too high - should have been 10-15.
yup.. then you have a guy like fbfn who bought 85.......
Chrisp253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:34 PM   #202 (permalink)
Member
 
TarjetasBéisbol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: NOVA
Posts: 3,239
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisp253 View Post
let me ask you this.. dont card stores have to establish a store front and pay all the costs associated to be able to get their cards at a price they can make a profit off resell essentially so they can pay for those costs and they are providing us with a nice service we can buy locally instead of having to go online and order and wait for our products or try to buy off jacks that put a newly released product on ebay for twice what they paid earlier that day.. and i guarantee you theres not an lcs out there that buys their cards and sells them for double the public retail on them on release day. so i dont know why you're even comparing the two.
That is so true!! I am SURE not one LCS is going to resell ANY Turkey Red Football for double the price. Maybe your LCS has some available for you at the online price? SMH!!
TarjetasBéisbol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:34 PM   #203 (permalink)
Member
 
HTTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 3,194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakman916 View Post
If TarjetasBéisbol can't cover you, I'd be willing to part with boxes for a fellow Skins fan. Also, much respect for your service. PM me if you need more.
I appreciate you sir, I sent you a PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarjetasBéisbol View Post
Damn, didn't notice he was a Skins fan!! DEAL IS OFF!! Hahaha! Just kidding!! I offered him 2 and will send when they come in, maybe he can get 2 from you, since he was trying to order 4?
Haha, don't let the Skins come between us.
__________________
I PC HOF Redskins Autos
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/HTTR
HTTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:35 PM   #204 (permalink)
Member
 
nateyad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: South Central, PA
Posts: 2,143
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarjetasBéisbol View Post
That is so true!! I am SURE not one LCS is going to resell ANY Turkey Red Football for double the price. Maybe your LCS has some available for you at the online price? SMH!!
This. Some people just don't get it.
__________________
John 12:25-26 "Whoever loves his life loses it, and whoever hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life."
nateyad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:36 PM   #205 (permalink)
Member
 
Chrisp253's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: tacoma, wa
Posts: 4,130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakman916 View Post
If this bothers you, you are in the wrong hobby. Take a step back and look at the card industry today. I would venture to say there are few true collectors and more people out for profit. Everything Topps, Panini, UD, Leaf and others do is gear their products towards striking gold. Although I understand your frustration, it's the nature of the beast.
i love it how everyones response when someone has an issue with something in the hobby is.. "you're in the wrong hobby" im pretty sure each and every one of us has had some issue with something in the hobby at some point.. just because someone points out an issue.. especially when its clearly bunk as in this case.. people want to act like they are better suited for the hobby because they can be bent over without expressing displeasure.
Chrisp253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:42 PM   #206 (permalink)
Member
 
pac213up's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5,227
Default

Blowout is already buying them for $35.
__________________
"Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach
pac213up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:45 PM   #207 (permalink)
Member
 
nateyad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: South Central, PA
Posts: 2,143
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisp253 View Post
i love it how everyones response when someone has an issue with something in the hobby is.. "you're in the wrong hobby" im pretty sure each and every one of us has had some issue with something in the hobby at some point.. just because someone points out an issue.. especially when its clearly bunk as in this case.. people want to act like they are better suited for the hobby because they can be bent over without expressing displeasure.
I like how people only complain AFTER the product is sold out.
__________________
John 12:25-26 "Whoever loves his life loses it, and whoever hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life."
nateyad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:47 PM   #208 (permalink)
Member
 
Chrisp253's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: tacoma, wa
Posts: 4,130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateyad View Post
I like how people only complain AFTER the product is sold out.
im pretty sure thats part of the reason why the forum is here.. i complain about stuff i disagree with at times and i share the cool stuff about the hobby as well.. a forum is here for discussion. i like how people complain about people doing just that........
Chrisp253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:49 PM   #209 (permalink)
Member
 
DetectiveChrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,591
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateyad View Post
I like how people only complain AFTER the product is sold out.
No people were complaining (including me) BEFORE it was sold out

Site outages, suppose to start at 10 am and didn't, $30+ to ship to Canada etc...

The difference here is I am patience and don't take things personal (if I didn't get any) while others think the world is aganst because they didn't get their fair share or any at all.
__________________
http://s1099.photobucket.com/albums/g398/smarra/

Incoming -
Outgoing -

Last edited by DetectiveChrome; 04-03-2013 at 02:56 PM.
DetectiveChrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:54 PM   #210 (permalink)
Member
 
pakman916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: MD
Posts: 1,719
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisp253 View Post
i love it how everyones response when someone has an issue with something in the hobby is.. "you're in the wrong hobby" im pretty sure each and every one of us has had some issue with something in the hobby at some point.. just because someone points out an issue.. especially when its clearly bunk as in this case.. people want to act like they are better suited for the hobby because they can be bent over without expressing displeasure.
Never said you can't express displeasure. I'm just saying. If you don't like it, why are you here? It's not like it's going away anytime soon?

To illustrate your point...it's like walking into a McDonalds complaining about how they don't provide enough options for vegans. You can show your displeasure all you want, but it's not going to change a thing. Order a salad or find somewhere else to eat.

Not trying to start a fight with you, but just being matter of fact. Like I said...I don't like it either, but it's the nature of the beast. You either fall in line or find a new hobby.
__________________
DC Sports Collector: Redskins, Orioles, Wizards, Capitals.
Also collecting other DC and Seattle Area Teams: Ravens, Nationals, Seahawks, Mariners, Sonics.
Maryland Terps Collector! GO TERPS!
pakman916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:56 PM   #211 (permalink)
Member
 
nateyad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: South Central, PA
Posts: 2,143
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetectiveChrome View Post
No people were complaining (including me) BEFORE it was sold out

Site outages, suppose to start at 10 am and didn't, $30+ to ship to Canada etc...

The difference here is I am patience and hold take things personal (if I didn't get any) while others think the world is aganst because they didn't get their fair share or any at all.
Yeah what you had a problem with is completely different. What he is complaining about is the unfortunate circumstance that he didn't get his 2 boxes or whatever and now he can't get them for the $25 they sold for.
__________________
John 12:25-26 "Whoever loves his life loses it, and whoever hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life."
nateyad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:03 PM   #212 (permalink)
Member
 
chrisfaceoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NEPA
Posts: 3,302
Default

For a huge company like Topps, you would think they would have better servers to allow for more high traffic volumes. Blowout manages hundreds to thousands of members at a clip and is always in working order 24/7 unless for scheduled maintenance which is completely justified.

If BO can handle mass traffic with such professionalism and Topps cant handle website traffic? Add that to their list of things they are incapable of.
__________________
Bring me your Calvin Pryor and Jace Amaro autos in Jets unis!'
2014 Chrome FS Thread -> http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/football-singles-buy-sell-trade/803217-2014-chrome-refractors-fs-hundreds.html#post8336446
Go JETS !!!! J! E! T! S! JETS! JETS! JETS!
chrisfaceoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:05 PM   #213 (permalink)
Member
 
Chrisp253's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: tacoma, wa
Posts: 4,130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakman916 View Post
Never said you can't express displeasure. I'm just saying. If you don't like it, why are you here? It's not like it's going away anytime soon?

To illustrate your point...it's like walking into a McDonalds complaining about how they don't provide enough options for vegans. You can show your displeasure all you want, but it's not going to change a thing. Order a salad or find somewhere else to eat.

Not trying to start a fight with you, but just being matter of fact. Like I said...I don't like it either, but it's the nature of the beast. You either fall in line or find a new hobby.
eh im just sayin i feel like topps shoulda gone about it differently.. i dont hold anything personal... im here in the hobby talk forum to talk hobby.. i do disagree with your comment about falling in line though. change happens when people complain.. if enough people complain anyways.

its just like how all the people were complaining about the russell wilson chrome redemptions w/ topps.. tons of people were complaining about the sticker autos.. now topps hasn't shipped any yet.. maybe its because they are going to get russ to sign on card now? maybe not.. but possibly it had an affect on their future releases of redemptions that dont sport on card auto..
Chrisp253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:06 PM   #214 (permalink)
Member
 
HadWayTooMuch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southern New Jersey
Posts: 4,405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac213up View Post
Blowout is already buying them for $35.
So you pay $25 for them. Spend $8 shipping, and then get $35 for them?

Yeah, I'll pass...
HadWayTooMuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:10 PM   #215 (permalink)
Member
 
pac213up's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5,227
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HadWayTooMuch View Post
So you pay $25 for them. Spend $8 shipping, and then get $35 for them?

Yeah, I'll pass...
Free shipping on my 20 boxes. Obviously I will pass as well though as these will be higher down the road.
__________________
"Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach
pac213up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:15 PM   #216 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 463
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfaceoff View Post
For a huge company like Topps, you would think they would have better servers to allow for more high traffic volumes. Blowout manages hundreds to thousands of members at a clip and is always in working order 24/7 unless for scheduled maintenance which is completely justified.

If BO can handle mass traffic with such professionalism and Topps cant handle website traffic? Add that to their list of things they are incapable of.
Clearly someone never tried to redeem any code cards for stuff like the chase, gametime, etc.
nappyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:21 PM   #217 (permalink)
Member
 
chrisfaceoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NEPA
Posts: 3,302
Default

Never cared enough for those promotions in all honesty. They lock up quick too?
__________________
Bring me your Calvin Pryor and Jace Amaro autos in Jets unis!'
2014 Chrome FS Thread -> http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/football-singles-buy-sell-trade/803217-2014-chrome-refractors-fs-hundreds.html#post8336446
Go JETS !!!! J! E! T! S! JETS! JETS! JETS!
chrisfaceoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:22 PM   #218 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 9,390
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HadWayTooMuch View Post
So you pay $25 for them. Spend $8 shipping, and then get $35 for them?

Yeah, I'll pass...
Arbitrage.
__________________
"All I wanted was a Pepsi and she wouldn't give it to me."
fullmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:23 PM   #219 (permalink)
Member
 
HadWayTooMuch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southern New Jersey
Posts: 4,405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac213up View Post
Free shipping on my 20 boxes. Obviously I will pass as well though as these will be higher down the road.
I meant it will cost you $8 or so to ship one box to BO.
HadWayTooMuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:32 PM   #220 (permalink)
Member
 
fbfn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 98
Default

They just released more! Picked up another 25!!!
fbfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:35 PM   #221 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Beaverton, OR
Posts: 2,284
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisp253 View Post
eh im just sayin i feel like topps shoulda gone about it differently.. i dont hold anything personal... im here in the hobby talk forum to talk hobby.. i do disagree with your comment about falling in line though. change happens when people complain.. if enough people complain anyways.

its just like how all the people were complaining about the russell wilson chrome redemptions w/ topps.. tons of people were complaining about the sticker autos.. now topps hasn't shipped any yet.. maybe its because they are going to get russ to sign on card now? maybe not.. but possibly it had an affect on their future releases of redemptions that dont sport on card auto..
I feel your pain. I was able to get into this promotion, but have been left out on others. A smaller limit might have helped to allow more people participate. However, it seems as though the limit was more of a suggestion or honor system deal as some people blew right by it. If Topps had actually enforced the limits, then they would have lasted longer.

You're also right about making your voice known to spur change. The whole West Coast got left out of last year's Bowman Blue Wave promotion. However, enough complaints got Topps to establish limits on later similar deals. There weren't as many compaints in the later promotions.
__________________
I collect all Oregon State alumni.

Auto accepting 20% off at COMC.
GoBeavs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:35 PM   #222 (permalink)
Member
 
pac213up's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5,227
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HadWayTooMuch View Post
I meant it will cost you $8 or so to ship one box to BO.
You would need to ship in bulk to make it worth it.
__________________
"Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach
pac213up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:36 PM   #223 (permalink)
Member
 
HTTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 3,194
Default

Never mind.
__________________
I PC HOF Redskins Autos
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/HTTR
HTTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:37 PM   #224 (permalink)
Member
 
DetectiveChrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,591
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbfn View Post
They just released more! Picked up another 25!!!
So did I - got 'luck'y and picked up 327.
__________________
http://s1099.photobucket.com/albums/g398/smarra/

Incoming -
Outgoing -
DetectiveChrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:38 PM   #225 (permalink)
Member
 
HTTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 3,194
Default

Must have sold out in minutes again.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DetectiveChrome View Post
So did I - got 'luck'y and picked up 327.
__________________
I PC HOF Redskins Autos
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/HTTR
HTTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.