Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2013, 02:33 PM   #201 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetectiveChrome View Post
Sold out with less than 40 mins! wow - wonder how many are being produced.

25 per household was too high - should have been 10-15.
yup.. then you have a guy like fbfn who bought 85.......
Chrisp253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:34 PM   #202 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisp253 View Post
let me ask you this.. dont card stores have to establish a store front and pay all the costs associated to be able to get their cards at a price they can make a profit off resell essentially so they can pay for those costs and they are providing us with a nice service we can buy locally instead of having to go online and order and wait for our products or try to buy off jacks that put a newly released product on ebay for twice what they paid earlier that day.. and i guarantee you theres not an lcs out there that buys their cards and sells them for double the public retail on them on release day. so i dont know why you're even comparing the two.
That is so true!! I am SURE not one LCS is going to resell ANY Turkey Red Football for double the price. Maybe your LCS has some available for you at the online price? SMH!!
TarjetasBéisbol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:34 PM   #203 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakman916 View Post
If TarjetasBéisbol can't cover you, I'd be willing to part with boxes for a fellow Skins fan. Also, much respect for your service. PM me if you need more.
I appreciate you sir, I sent you a PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarjetasBéisbol View Post
Damn, didn't notice he was a Skins fan!! DEAL IS OFF!! Hahaha! Just kidding!! I offered him 2 and will send when they come in, maybe he can get 2 from you, since he was trying to order 4?
Haha, don't let the Skins come between us.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:35 PM   #204 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarjetasBéisbol View Post
That is so true!! I am SURE not one LCS is going to resell ANY Turkey Red Football for double the price. Maybe your LCS has some available for you at the online price? SMH!!
This. Some people just don't get it.
John 12:25-26 "Whoever loves his life loses it, and whoever hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life."
nateyad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:36 PM   #205 (permalink)

Quote:
If this bothers you, you are in the wrong hobby. Take a step back and look at the card industry today. I would venture to say there are few true collectors and more people out for profit. Everything Topps, Panini, UD, Leaf and others do is gear their products towards striking gold. Although I understand your frustration, it's the nature of the beast.
i love it how everyones response when someone has an issue with something in the hobby is.. "you're in the wrong hobby" im pretty sure each and every one of us has had some issue with something in the hobby at some point.. just because someone points out an issue.. especially when its clearly bunk as in this case.. people want to act like they are better suited for the hobby because they can be bent over without expressing displeasure.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:42 PM   #206 (permalink)

Blowout is already buying them for $35.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:45 PM   #207 (permalink)

Quote:
i love it how everyones response when someone has an issue with something in the hobby is.. "you're in the wrong hobby" im pretty sure each and every one of us has had some issue with something in the hobby at some point.. just because someone points out an issue.. especially when its clearly bunk as in this case.. people want to act like they are better suited for the hobby because they can be bent over without expressing displeasure.
I like how people only complain AFTER the product is sold out.
John 12:25-26 "Whoever loves his life loses it, and whoever hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life."
Old 04-03-2013, 02:47 PM   #208 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateyad View Post
im pretty sure thats part of the reason why the forum is here.. i complain about stuff i disagree with at times and i share the cool stuff about the hobby as well.. a forum is here for discussion. i like how people complain about people doing just that........
Old 04-03-2013, 02:49 PM   #209 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateyad View Post
No people were complaining (including me) BEFORE it was sold out

Site outages, suppose to start at 10 am and didn't, $30+ to ship to Canada etc...

The difference here is I am patience and don't take things personal (if I didn't get any) while others think the world is aganst because they didn't get their fair share or any at all.

Incoming -
Outgoing -

Last edited by DetectiveChrome; 04-03-2013 at 02:56 PM.
DetectiveChrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:54 PM   #210 (permalink)

Quote:
Never said you can't express displeasure. I'm just saying. If you don't like it, why are you here? It's not like it's going away anytime soon?

To illustrate your point...it's like walking into a McDonalds complaining about how they don't provide enough options for vegans. You can show your displeasure all you want, but it's not going to change a thing. Order a salad or find somewhere else to eat.

Not trying to start a fight with you, but just being matter of fact. Like I said...I don't like it either, but it's the nature of the beast. You either fall in line or find a new hobby.
pakman916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:56 PM   #211 (permalink)

Quote:
No people were complaining (including me) BEFORE it was sold out

Site outages, suppose to start at 10 am and didn't, $30+ to ship to Canada etc...

The difference here is I am patience and hold take things personal (if I didn't get any) while others think the world is aganst because they didn't get their fair share or any at all.
Yeah what you had a problem with is completely different. What he is complaining about is the unfortunate circumstance that he didn't get his 2 boxes or whatever and now he can't get them for the $25 they sold for.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:03 PM   #212 (permalink)

For a huge company like Topps, you would think they would have better servers to allow for more high traffic volumes. Blowout manages hundreds to thousands of members at a clip and is always in working order 24/7 unless for scheduled maintenance which is completely justified.

If BO can handle mass traffic with such professionalism and Topps cant handle website traffic? Add that to their list of things they are incapable of.
chrisfaceoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:05 PM   #213 (permalink)

Quote:
Never said you can't express displeasure. I'm just saying. If you don't like it, why are you here? It's not like it's going away anytime soon?

To illustrate your point...it's like walking into a McDonalds complaining about how they don't provide enough options for vegans. You can show your displeasure all you want, but it's not going to change a thing. Order a salad or find somewhere else to eat.

Not trying to start a fight with you, but just being matter of fact. Like I said...I don't like it either, but it's the nature of the beast. You either fall in line or find a new hobby.
eh im just sayin i feel like topps shoulda gone about it differently.. i dont hold anything personal... im here in the hobby talk forum to talk hobby.. i do disagree with your comment about falling in line though. change happens when people complain.. if enough people complain anyways.

its just like how all the people were complaining about the russell wilson chrome redemptions w/ topps.. tons of people were complaining about the sticker autos.. now topps hasn't shipped any yet.. maybe its because they are going to get russ to sign on card now? maybe not.. but possibly it had an affect on their future releases of redemptions that dont sport on card auto..
Old 04-03-2013, 03:06 PM   #214 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac213up View Post
Blowout is already buying them for $35.
So you pay $25 for them. Spend $8 shipping, and then get $35 for them?

Yeah, I'll pass...
HadWayTooMuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:10 PM   #215 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HadWayTooMuch View Post

Yeah, I'll pass...
Free shipping on my 20 boxes. Obviously I will pass as well though as these will be higher down the road.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:15 PM   #216 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfaceoff View Post
For a huge company like Topps, you would think they would have better servers to allow for more high traffic volumes. Blowout manages hundreds to thousands of members at a clip and is always in working order 24/7 unless for scheduled maintenance which is completely justified.

If BO can handle mass traffic with such professionalism and Topps cant handle website traffic? Add that to their list of things they are incapable of.
Clearly someone never tried to redeem any code cards for stuff like the chase, gametime, etc.
nappyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:21 PM   #217 (permalink)

Never cared enough for those promotions in all honesty. They lock up quick too?
chrisfaceoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:22 PM   #218 (permalink)

Quote:

Yeah, I'll pass...
Arbitrage.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:23 PM   #219 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac213up View Post
Free shipping on my 20 boxes. Obviously I will pass as well though as these will be higher down the road.
I meant it will cost you $8 or so to ship one box to BO.
HadWayTooMuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:32 PM   #220 (permalink)

They just released more! Picked up another 25!!!
fbfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:35 PM   #221 (permalink)

Quote:
eh im just sayin i feel like topps shoulda gone about it differently.. i dont hold anything personal... im here in the hobby talk forum to talk hobby.. i do disagree with your comment about falling in line though. change happens when people complain.. if enough people complain anyways.

its just like how all the people were complaining about the russell wilson chrome redemptions w/ topps.. tons of people were complaining about the sticker autos.. now topps hasn't shipped any yet.. maybe its because they are going to get russ to sign on card now? maybe not.. but possibly it had an affect on their future releases of redemptions that dont sport on card auto..
I feel your pain. I was able to get into this promotion, but have been left out on others. A smaller limit might have helped to allow more people participate. However, it seems as though the limit was more of a suggestion or honor system deal as some people blew right by it. If Topps had actually enforced the limits, then they would have lasted longer.

You're also right about making your voice known to spur change. The whole West Coast got left out of last year's Bowman Blue Wave promotion. However, enough complaints got Topps to establish limits on later similar deals. There weren't as many compaints in the later promotions.

Auto accepting 20% off at COMC.
GoBeavs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:35 PM   #222 (permalink)

Quote:
I meant it will cost you $8 or so to ship one box to BO.
You would need to ship in bulk to make it worth it.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:36 PM   #223 (permalink)

Never mind.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:37 PM   #224 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbfn View Post
They just released more! Picked up another 25!!!
So did I - got 'luck'y and picked up 327.

Incoming -
Outgoing -
DetectiveChrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:38 PM   #225 (permalink)

Must have sold out in minutes again.

Quote:
So did I - got 'luck'y and picked up 327.