Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2013, 12:45 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default National Treasure Patches???

What is up with these patches? They don't make any sense to me...there's no K in Tannehill or what looks like a R or B in Nick Toon...What the hell is panini doing? Am I in the wrong here?

Old 04-12-2013, 12:47 AM   #2 (permalink)

They're event worn, not even the players real jersey. They give players say like 50 jerseys at the premiere they put them all on once so they can say "event worn"

trixstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:47 AM   #3 (permalink)

The event worn jerseys say "ROOKIE" and are numbered 00.
ffwiseguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:49 AM   #4 (permalink)

You're joking...I understand the 00 number...but the they cant put the name on the back? WOW
Old 04-12-2013, 12:50 AM   #5 (permalink)

Looks as if all the jerseys just said 'Rookie' on the back?

If so... WOW, lame.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:16 AM   #6 (permalink)

And this is supposed to be a high end product...smh
Old 04-12-2013, 01:36 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcduncan View Post
And this is supposed to be a high end product...smh
+1 thank you
Old 04-12-2013, 01:37 AM   #8 (permalink)

Don't buy it and they won't keep putting out garbage...can't wait for exquisite
Old 04-12-2013, 04:03 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03supto View Post
Don't buy it and they won't keep putting out garbage...can't wait for exquisite
Hahaha fake college event worn..... Smh
Oilngo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:41 AM   #10 (permalink)

Look at this ANdrew Luck card has a big #8 in the middle of it .2012 National Treasures Andrew Luck Patch Auto Booklet 49 Rookie Jumbo | eBay
tltaylor89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:47 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tltaylor89 View Post
Look at this ANdrew Luck card has a big #8 in the middle of it .2012 National Treasures Andrew Luck Patch Auto Booklet 49 Rookie Jumbo | eBay
They ALso wore the numbers "80 and 88" at the Premier I believe...

Bucket:
http://s1189.photobucket.com/albums/z425/kparpart/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ20
kparpart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:56 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixstar View Post
They're event worn, not even the players real jersey. They give players say like 50 jerseys at the premiere they put them all on once so they can say "event worn"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffwiseguy View Post
The event worn jerseys say "ROOKIE" and are numbered 00.
WOW! Almost 2 years and 1000+ threads about this topic and people still havnt figured this out?? (face palm) THIS IS NOT NEWS PEOPLE FIGURE IT OUT

Photobucket: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v480/lors/Football%20Cards/
lionsfan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:29 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsfan20 View Post
WOW! Almost 2 years and 1000+ threads about this topic and people still havnt figured this out?? (face palm) THIS IS NOT NEWS PEOPLE FIGURE IT OUT
Yeah it's unbelievable the amount of threads about this topic. I've seen at least 3 or 4 since this dropped on wednesday
drumstyx89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:38 AM   #14 (permalink)

I think it has never been this blatant until they started using the card sized pieces. This may be the straw that breaks the camels's back though. There were many people who that there was some kind of connection to the player, but the fact that they can't even make a fake jersey that corresponds to the individual player screams of disregard for the collector.

At the end of the day, what is the difference between event worn, non-specific jerseys and cards with different colored borders or different pattern of refractor? It all comes down to numbering and rarity. At least with these memorabilia cards you are getting more of "something" rather that just a color change in the printing process. I love color parallels but I don't hate these fake jerseys as much anymore. This wrong number thing is a joke, however.
danimal875 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:50 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumstyx89 View Post
Yeah it's unbelievable the amount of threads about this topic. I've seen at least 3 or 4 since this dropped on wednesday
I know right, so annoying!

I might pull a madbacker and have my self temp. suspended just so I don't have to see them.

I know.... just don't open the thread..... but I keep getting tricked thinking; oh nobody would just start another thread on the same subject as the 10 threads below it so it must be about something new. NOPE.
matt roberson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:59 AM   #16 (permalink)

Well, this way they can buy a ton of jerseys and use them year after year. And pass the savings on to you, of course
Old 04-12-2013, 12:04 PM   #17 (permalink)
The Fantastic Store

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixstar View Post

LMAO, this picture never gets old, as for the topic...well......
Follow Me On Twitter @SportCardBuffet
SportCardBuffet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:05 PM   #18 (permalink)

I think it's phony as hell. Unless you are a collector who wastes time reading online forums, there would be no way you would ever know that the players just wear 50 jerseys over top of each other for a minute that say '80' and 'Rookie'. These jumbo 'worn' patches come across to most collectors as something else, and the company knows it. The patches are no more valuable than the stupid manufactured patches from those older Sweet Spot cards a few years ago. They ARE manufactured patches and nothing else.

When I was a little kid, around 2003 or so I started seeing those Rookie Premiere Event Worn jerseys a lot and while I thought it was lame, I figured they were at least part of the jersey the guy wore for those rookie photo shoots where they catch balls and stuff. My belief was that they put on a jersey, ran around and caught some passes and what not for a few minutes, then repeated that process 5 or 6 times. Still dumb, but it was something, and even then I tried to avoid the word 'event-worn' if I could.

What they are doing now, and perhaps what they've been doing all along, is beyond misleading. But people will keep buying it. Oh well.

Last edited by thestyle; 04-12-2013 at 12:07 PM.
thestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:10 PM   #19 (permalink)

This has been reported on since early 2000's. First article I read was in 2003 on ESPN Sports Business where it showed and discussed these practices for 'event-worn'. This has been standard operating procedure for literally over a decade.

Also amazing to me how there are dozens and dozens of these threads in this same forum and people time and time again start new ones.

As is everything in life - educate yourself and make decisions on what's important to you.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:54 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestyle View Post
I think it's phony as hell. Unless you are a collector who wastes time reading online forums, there would be no way you would ever know that the players just wear 50 jerseys over top of each other for a minute that say '80' and 'Rookie'. These jumbo 'worn' patches come across to most collectors as something else, and the company knows it. The patches are no more valuable than the stupid manufactured patches from those older Sweet Spot cards a few years ago. They ARE manufactured patches and nothing else.

When I was a little kid, around 2003 or so I started seeing those Rookie Premiere Event Worn jerseys a lot and while I thought it was lame, I figured they were at least part of the jersey the guy wore for those rookie photo shoots where they catch balls and stuff. My belief was that they put on a jersey, ran around and caught some passes and what not for a few minutes, then repeated that process 5 or 6 times. Still dumb, but it was something, and even then I tried to avoid the word 'event-worn' if I could.

What they are doing now, and perhaps what they've been doing all along, is beyond misleading. But people will keep buying it. Oh well.
Everyone knows what these patches and cards are and they still sell for $100s or $1000s so it really doesnt matter. The cards look cool and they sell that is all that matters in the end. Whether it is right or wrong it is what it is and it is not going to change until people stop buying and collecting these cards. I don't see that happening anytime soon so we might as well stop complaining about it.

Photobucket: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v480/lors/Football%20Cards/
lionsfan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:57 PM   #21 (permalink)

they have about 100-200 4XL "ROOKIE" Jerseys numbered to 80 made for all the NFL teams prior to the rookie camp.
jumbogorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:57 PM   #22 (permalink)

How freaking hard would it be to put Game-Used materials in a product released AFTER football season!
Old 04-12-2013, 02:03 PM   #23 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to FINTAK032 Send a message via Yahoo to FINTAK032

does anyone know if a person has tried to get a class action lawsuit going against these companies for this crap?? i don't care what they sell for this is bullsh*t!!!!! i mean seriously i personally don't think there should be any memorabilia cards for rookies during there rookie year it should be all autographs.. this is a joke especially in high end products that come out now they have all year to obtain jerseys from these guys... 16 a season i believe.. hell i would rather have their practice jerseys in a card then that crapola right there... we as collectors shouldn't accept this nonsense i don't know why people do!!!
Old 04-12-2013, 02:17 PM   #24 (permalink)

Truly pathetic! They could at least have the player's name on the back instead of rookie along with the correct number! What's next the Chiefs #1 draft pick in a Broncos jersey? Then a statement from them saying yeah it may be the wrong team, wrong number, and just say ROOKIE but he wore 50 of these for 3.4 seconds! I love collecting cards and spend quite a bit of money on it. But with the direction its heading I'm just not sure I can continue. I've always been a huge fan of National Treasures. But they've ruined the product this year! Maybe the "event worn" jerseys have said "rookie" and had the wrong number all along but at least it was thrown in your face and so obvious. OMFG I can not get over this crap!
chris43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:33 PM   #25 (permalink)

They've just gotten a lot more brave with what they put out. Before they chop it up so that collectors really didn't notice. But now it's just downright arrogant. "Oh hell, just throw the whole 8 on there even though he wears 12." And yet, it still sales.
bigmikeatl88 is offline   Reply With Quote