Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2013, 11:21 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Russell Wilson - Chrome Redemption updates?

Has anyone checked with Topps lately? Figured I'd ask. Tried calling support and was told it'd be a 25 minute wait.
Hugemojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:24 AM   #2 (permalink)

Pretty sure everybody has been receiving them for two weeks now.
Blowout's #1 BAYLOR SUPER COLLECTOR
HTTR!!! Sic'em Bears!!!
For Trade: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/Sensei322/a/football
Sensei322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:25 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensei322 View Post
Pretty sure everybody has been receiving them for two weeks now.
I don't think anyone has...
Hugemojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:42 AM   #4 (permalink)

I find it pretty rediculous that I redeemed my 2 Chrome Wilsons forever ago and have still not received anything, but the generic replacement option email. Yet the tall boys and 84's were signed, on card, and have already been shipped out. I redeemed my Contenders on card auto and received it within a month. There are no Wilsons except the reprints and tall boys on ebay. It's piss poor customer service by Topps especially after finding out that they will be sticker autos, and they can't even get these things shipped in a reasonable amount of time.

Last edited by cdizz; 04-17-2013 at 12:35 PM.
cdizz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:59 AM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdizz View Post
I find it pretty rediculous that I redeemed my 2 Chrome Wilsons forever ago and have still not received anything, but the generic replacement option email. Yet the tall boys and 84's were signed, on card, and have already been shipped out. I redeemed my Contenders on card auto and was received it within a month. There are no Wilsons except the reprints and tall boys on ebay. It's piss poor customer service by Topps especially after finding out that they will be sticker autos, and they can't even get these things shipped in a reasonable amount of time.
84 are on card? Do you have a pic?
Old 04-17-2013, 12:23 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackg1980 View Post
84 are on card? Do you have a pic?
One just got sold on this forum yesterday. I got one from 2 weeks ago

wakingbake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:57 PM   #7 (permalink)

just opened my first ever box of topps chrome. anyone know how long it will take for them to send it out?
dustyb1987 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:05 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustyb1987 View Post

just opened my first ever box of topps chrome. anyone know how long it will take for them to send it out?

Well most of us have been waiting 5 months for ours.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:52 PM   #9 (permalink)

I have gotten mine, but it looks like only a few have gone out.

Search function is your friend, friend.

My Cordarrelle Patterson Collection: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/Gellman/a/cordarrelle-patterson
deltapi1049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:05 PM   #10 (permalink)

I got through on wednesday, after 1hr 15 minutes on hold. I told the rep that 4 weeks ago i was told within 1 week for my bca. After putting me on hold for 5 more minutes, he said he was sorry and the full. center was falling behind. He told me all the refractor versions have been ready for a few weeks now. "Expect it to be shipped NO LATER than monday of THIS WEEK. Yeah right! PENDING!
Old 04-17-2013, 07:07 PM   #11 (permalink)

I have a base and a refractor and haven't received anything.
hche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:15 PM   #12 (permalink)

Here is a Wilson 65 auto.On card auto.
Attached Thumbnails
Russell Wilson - Chrome Redemption updates?-image.jpg  
Old 04-18-2013, 11:34 AM   #13 (permalink)

Waiting on 2 base myself. Hopefully these go out soon.
Mill0513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:34 PM   #14 (permalink)

I called in and got someone within 45 minutes - I was told the delay was due to Topps having signatures on 'stickers' that lost their stick. Meaning they won't stick on the chrome card and have been falling off.

just kidding
kl4life2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:40 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kl4life2 View Post
I called in and got someone within 45 minutes - I was told the delay was due to Topps having signatures on 'stickers' that lost their stick. Meaning they won't stick on the chrome card and have been falling off.

just kidding
That sounds bad. I guess the value of the on card ones will go up.
wakingbake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:44 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:

just kidding
WTH!!!!!!!! Well, better than we get the cards and then the stickers fell off. Even the stickers they used are cheap now?

I know know.....u r kidding. :b

Redemptions Press Pass > Panini > UD > Topps. I am torn between UD and Panini. Panini's redemptions take forever but they honor expired ones. UD doesn't honor expired ones (not counting the raffle program) but they are trying to limit the amount of redemptions.

Last edited by hche; 04-18-2013 at 01:47 PM.
hche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:40 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:

just kidding
Sneaky! Haha. Almost got so pissed off!
Mill0513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:06 AM   #18 (permalink)

This really is getting ridiculous. Topps has had these for weeks. I just don't get why other redemptions are being processed but these arnt?? Why send out the 84s and tallboys before the others?? Just really getting frustrated with this. Now blue waves are less valuable as well so Topps is really screwing people here. All blue waves should have went out at the same time IMO!
Old 04-23-2013, 10:15 AM   #19 (permalink)

I hear yea Jnb, no wilson auto yet and no blue waves for me. I shouldn't have bought any wilson chrome redemptions. I lost out on the blue waves now. I should of sold these 2 redemptions along time ago, and now i cant even trade them cuz they are taking 1000000000 years to send out the redemptions. shoulda sold it right before contenders came out.
sals_cardz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:29 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnb0123 View Post
This really is getting ridiculous. Topps has had these for weeks. I just don't get why other redemptions are being processed but these arnt?? Why send out the 84s and tallboys before the others?? Just really getting frustrated with this. Now blue waves are less valuable as well so Topps is really screwing people here. All blue waves should have went out at the same time IMO!
Weeks? I'm pretty sure they posted pics of the signed Wilson's (albeit stickers) in late January or February... The fact they haven't gotten these out is awful. I'm to the point where I honestly don't give 2 sh!ts if it shows up eventually or not.
I won't be buying any more Topps redemptions and will sell any I pull. At least with Panini and UD you can get someone on the phone to lie and tell you it'll be shipped in the next week or 2...
PAYING VERY HANDSOMELY FOR THE "O" IN THE 2009 DREW BLEDSOE BY THE LETTER SET. WILL PAY $25 FINDERS FEE IF YOU DIRECT ME TO ONE AND I AM ABLE TO MAKE A DEAL (eBay and COMC listings NOT APPLICABLE/REDEEMABLE)
ssbledsoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:34 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbledsoe View Post
Weeks? I'm pretty sure they posted pics of the signed Wilson's (albeit stickers) in late January or February... The fact they haven't gotten these out is awful. I'm to the point where I honestly don't give 2 sh!ts if it shows up eventually or not.
I won't be buying any more Topps redemptions and will sell any I pull. At least with Panini and UD you can get someone on the phone to lie and tell you it'll be shipped in the next week or 2...
I hear ya on that one. I got through to topps anyway one day and asked if i can change my russell wilson for maybe a 5 star russell or topps valor russell, no the autos are in house they are just waiting to be sent out. my response ok when are you going to be sent out, response this week. ROFL same stuff different day THANKS TOPPS!
sals_cardz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:59 AM   #22 (permalink)
tpd

This is terrible I believe if you pay top dollar for a product it should be sent out ASAP or not have any redemptions at all
tpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:08 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpd View Post
This is terrible I believe if you pay top dollar for a product it should be sent out ASAP or not have any redemptions at all
In a perfect world yes. I totally understand redemption's, these players are hard to book for signings sometimes. What I can't understand is why cards that have already been signed for months have not been shipped yet. I also don't understand why Topps has a signing with Wilson for his Five Star cards, he signs some of them, but others he doesn't sign?? Hes got a bunch live in Five Star and a bunch of redemptions as well. I don't get it.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:16 AM   #24 (permalink)

I just called and they said their warehouse burned down. Every single card burned except for the Russell Wilson's and the Blue Wave packs. They will be shipping out as what the lady called as TOP PRIORITY. They want to get these to a shipping dock before they rebuild their facilities. "Our top priority is getting you your cards, taking care of the customer, and making redemptions a smooth process. Thanks for understanding, they are on their way to shipping right now. We know they will have them out by the end of the week."

That was my most recent conversation with Topps.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:38 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynogeis View Post
I just called and they said their warehouse burned down. Every single card burned except for the Russell Wilson's and the Blue Wave packs. They will be shipping out as what the lady called as TOP PRIORITY. They want to get these to a shipping dock before they rebuild their facilities. "Our top priority is getting you your cards, taking care of the customer, and making redemptions a smooth process. Thanks for understanding, they are on their way to shipping right now. We know they will have them out by the end of the week."

That was my most recent conversation with Topps.
i really hope you are joking about this lol, i have about 5 kirkpatrick redemptions i am waiting on!
whodaman2310 is offline   Reply With Quote