Blowout Cards Forums
Save big on officially licensed NFL fan merchandise at NFLShop.com

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2013, 09:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default What can/should i do in this situation?

So i was hyped up when this arrived in the mail today before i left for work this afternoon. I got bummed out twice as fast when i saw the condition of the edges just now on my lunch break. Looks like it's peeling or something along all four edges Which brings me to my questions:

1. Will panini replace it if i report it to them even though i didn't pull it (won on eBay last week)?

2. If they will work with me could they reproduce the same card or would i get some kind of replacement card?

3. Is this type of damage refundable thru eBay if panini won't work with me since i didn't pull the card myself?

I'd rather keep the card if panini will replace it for the exact same card but if not then i would want to pursue a refund from the seller for the poor condition it is in which he did not mention anywhere in his description, said it was Mint and after looking at the scans he had up again the edges look cropped off. Not saying he did it purposely as my scans come out the same way at times. Sorry for the crappy pics, took them with my phone.

Old 04-25-2013, 09:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Holy moly that's bad sorry man. I would try and get a partial refund that would leave you happy to just keep the card even if panini won't help you out. Good luck in whatever happens.
EST1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Texans81 Send a message via Yahoo to Texans81

man even in that last pic you can really see it...that's pretty rough. hope you are able to get something worked out!
Old 04-25-2013, 10:02 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EST1987 View Post
Holy moly that's bad sorry man. I would try and get a partial refund that would leave you happy to just keep the card even if panini won't help you out. Good luck in whatever happens.
No partials here man all or all lol. I wouldn't buy this crappy looking card with YOUR money, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans81 View Post
man even in that last pic you can really see it...that's pretty rough. hope you are able to get something worked out!
Thanks man i hope so too.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBLeeDBaTTLeReD View Post
No partials here man all or all lol. I wouldn't buy this crappy looking card with YOUR money, lol.
I hear ya man lol. Sending it back may just be your best option. I just don't get why the original seller didn't try and contact panini, or maybe they did and they said there was nothing they could do and that's why he sold it. Have you been in contact with the seller?
EST1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:20 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EST1987 View Post
I hear ya man lol. Sending it back may just be your best option. I just don't get why the original seller didn't try and contact panini, or maybe they did and they said there was nothing they could do and that's why he sold it. Have you been in contact with the seller?
No not yet like i said just picked it up this afternoon on my way to work (here till 1 am) so i wanted to get some opinions before i make a decision tomorrow when i wake up.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:42 PM   #7 (permalink)

Man, I'd contact that cat who sold it to you and mail him a dummy card back with tracking keep the card AND get full refund!

Kidding of course. Or am I? Haha I'd contact him and get a refund. That's some ish man!

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Aaron Hernandez with the 180th pick gave ImNOTDanShakespeare the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
DanShakespeare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:55 PM   #8 (permalink)

Just try n get a partial. Buy a few packs of prizm and send it in to panini. Say you pulled it and see what happens.
Chrisp253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisp253 View Post
Just try n get a partial. Buy a few packs of prizm and send it in to panini. Say you pulled it and see what happens.
dishonest but clever idea. I think they check the barcodes though and they know which packs have which cards
pierrethomasfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:11 PM   #10 (permalink)

My MJD like that has the same issue
Old 04-25-2013, 11:47 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisp253 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrethomasfan View Post
dishonest but clever idea. I think they check the barcodes though and they know which packs have which cards
Gonna take the high road and be honest with Panini, if they decline replacing it then ill just get my FULL REFUND
Quote:
Originally Posted by raw5060 View Post
My MJD like that has the same issue
Sucks man.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:01 AM   #12 (permalink)

that blows freddy. i'd wash my hands of it and get the refund.

did the seller not disclose this when selling?

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:15 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
that blows freddy. i'd wash my hands of it and get the refund.

did the seller not disclose this when selling?
Nope, not a word. Description stated Mint condition here's the link in case anyone would like to block the seller to avoid this headache

Look at this on eBay:

2012 PANINI PRIZM ARIAN FOSTER FINITE BLACK SUPERFRACTOR...TRUE 1/1...SICK
http://bit.ly/ZhUSHG
Old 04-26-2013, 12:21 AM   #14 (permalink)

Yea, I'd go for the refund and see what he says. How can the card look the way it did and the seller not know the condition? Dude was full of ish. Clearly this was not something the USPS did, it looked this way before he sent it.

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Aaron Hernandez with the 180th pick gave ImNOTDanShakespeare the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:31 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanShakespeare View Post
Yea, I'd go for the refund and see what he says. How can the card look the way it did and the seller not know the condition? Dude was full of ish. Clearly this was not something the USPS did, it looked this way before he sent it.
No doubt it was already like that. Gonna try my luck with D.Sharpe already emailed him. Hopefully he replies soon and if they won't reproduce the card I'll go for the refund. Anyone know how long I got from the time card is marked delivered by PO to open a claim if seller gives me a hard time?

Also should I wait to get word from panini before contacting seller or should I just let him know my plan of action?

Last edited by iBLeeDBaTTLeReD; 04-26-2013 at 12:33 AM.
iBLeeDBaTTLeReD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:35 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
No doubt it was already like that. Gonna try my luck with D.Sharpe already emailed him. Hopefully he replies soon and if they won't reproduce the card I'll go for the refund. Anyone know how long I got from the time card is marked delivered by PO to open a claim if seller gives me a hard time?
I think regardless of when you got the package it's still 45 days through Paypal (90days for credit card) to file a claim. I would write the guy now though and show the pictures of the card and hope that sharpe emails you back before the seller and says he can do something about it OR the seller offers full refund. If you wait til the 44th day and then file item not as described, the seller is going to think you did the damage and plead that to Paypal. Might as well show the damage as soon as possible.

Edit: if the seller offers refund I would go ahead and take the refund, if you don't hear from him and you hear from sharpe first, then go with sharpe.

Old 04-26-2013, 12:43 AM   #17 (permalink)

Just send it back and get your money back Freddy. If you take this route let us know as I wanna see if the seller lists it for sale again saying its mint. Which I am sure they will.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:45 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
I think regardless of when you got the package it's still 45 days through Paypal (90days for credit card) to file a claim. I would write the guy now though and show the pictures of the card and hope that sharpe emails you back before the seller and says he can do something about it OR the seller offers full refund. If you wait til the 44th day and then file item not as described, the seller is going to think you did the damage and plead that to Paypal. Might as well show the damage as soon as possible.

Edit: if the seller offers refund I would go ahead and take the refund, if you don't hear from him and you hear from sharpe first, then go with sharpe.
I'd rather have a new card( same one of course)from panini than the refund honestly but now that I think about it, if these cards are peeling now does that mean eventually they will peel anyway due to poor manufacturing of the card? Never seem this before with any chrome supers and I now know of 3 prizm finites that have peeling issues straight out the box.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:52 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
I'd rather have a new card( same one of course)from panini than the refund honestly but now that I think about it, if these cards are peeling now does that mean eventually they will peel anyway due to poor manufacturing of the card? Never seem this before with any chrome supers and I now know of 3 prizm finites that have peeling issues straight out the box.
Oh I know man, it was a sick card. Hey wasn't this the card you outbid me by $1 at the last second?

To think I could have been dealing with this headache instead of you!

Old 04-26-2013, 12:53 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Oh I know man, it was a sick card. Hey wasn't this the card you outbid me by $1 at the last second?

To think I could have been dealing with this headache instead of you!
Rub it in you Bastard!!
Old 04-26-2013, 12:56 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
Just send it back and get your money back Freddy. If you take this route let us know as I wanna see if the seller lists it for sale again saying its mint. Which I am sure they will.
I might just do that the more I think about it the more I'm leaning towards the refund. Am I obligated to pay the return shipping in a case like this??
Old 04-26-2013, 12:56 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Rub it in you Bastard!!
Seriously LOL at that.

Old 04-26-2013, 12:59 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
I might just do that the more I think about it the more I'm leaning towards the refund. Am I obligated to pay the return shipping in a case like this??
Most likely you will have to eat the $2-$3 shipping on it.

Old 04-26-2013, 01:03 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Seriously LOL at that.
Quote:
Most likely you will have to eat the $2-$3 shipping on it.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:05 AM   #25 (permalink)

I won't quote that JUST incase you want to delete that before a mod removes it for you haha