Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2013, 12:15 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosFAN#1 View Post
Chiefs played it right. They will get their franchise OT and a franchise QB.
I was surprised at how many Chiefs fans I know locally who were enamored with Geno. He just doesn't strike me as a franchise QB and he had a lot of good players around him.

Take Tyler Wilson, KC! Take him and let him learn!
Andrew Luck
HBMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:16 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
Tears In Heaven, huh? This is nothing to write an episode of Seventh Heaven around. This is football...this kid going to be crying and asking for momma on national TV when someone lays his ass out?

You are missing the entire point. Maybe it's your age.
I love it. You make an argument, dont back it up, then mention my age as If it makes you more correct, happens all the time on here, and I enjoy it more and more each time.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:17 AM   #28 (permalink)

Aaron Rodgers sat and stewed on the inside and said "I can't wait to face everyone who passed on me and beat them someday" and he has. Big difference between guys like Geno and guys like Rodgers(and I hate to say Tom Brady), felt like they were better than their draft position and made a point to handle it professionally with a chip on their shoulders.
coltsnsox07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:21 AM   #29 (permalink)

Please stop comparing Geno and Aaron Rodgers..

There is none. Ill just compare Quinn and Geno since they acted the same too.

Quinn stinks..

Not fair.. See?
dhendrix1303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:21 AM   #30 (permalink)

Old 04-26-2013, 12:23 AM   #31 (permalink)

He's thinking about what in flight movie he is going to watch on the flight home.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:25 AM   #32 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallCutler6 View Post
I love it. You make an argument, dont back it up, then mention my age as If it makes you more correct, happens all the time on here, and I enjoy it more and more each time.
The draft is a huge interview. When I go into any interview I put my game face on. I mean if this is hard for you to understand then I could see age being the reason why. I didn't mean that rude it was just meant as factual.
ManInTheMirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:30 AM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
The draft is a huge interview. When I go into any interview I put my game face on. I mean if this is hard for you to understand then I could see age being the reason why. I didn't mean that rude it was just meant as factual.
Aaron Rodgers was upset when he wasnt Drafted early. End Result= Great Leader. Mccoy was upset when he didnt get drafted early, result= Crappy leader, worse player. My point? This doesnt show anything about his leadership, his career could still go either way.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:30 AM   #34 (permalink)

Yeah I talked about this earlier in the stream draft thread as well....

I'm not saying the kid can't show emotion, the majority of people in that situation would be kind of emotional after going through something like that, including myself. But how about a quick 2 question, simple response interview to show that you're still excited about your future as an NFL quarterback regardless of the team who picks you or the money you get in return. All this yells to me is that the kid isn't getting the fat contract he was anticipating so now he is bailing out, & too many, including myself could interpreted it as a an "F--- you, see you later" kind of attitude. He could of went about all of it in a different way. He just seems extremely arrogant and has that "me,me,me," attitude.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:37 AM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhendrix1303 View Post
Please stop comparing Geno and Aaron Rodgers..

There is none. Ill just compare Quinn and Geno since they acted the same too.

Quinn stinks..

Not fair.. See?
The difference here is Geno didn't get picked. Both of those guys got bailed out. You got a nice soundbite from Aaron and Brady after about how they will prove teams wrong. Geno didn't get that luxury. He sat through the draft and got 5 hours of embarrassment, something the NFL said it was going to curb. You honestly don't think that is going to be what he says once he gets picked?

In a perfect world, you would want him to say I'm coming back tomorrow and I am going to make every team that doesn't pick me regret it for the next 15 years. Some people are going to answer like that. Most sitting behind keyboards right now will say they would. This is a 20 something year old kid who just had his dreams crushed and someone put a mic under his nose and pleaded for an interview. Give him a second to breathe before crushing him. He is allowed to be bummed out tonight about it.

Think about the biggest disappointment you have ever had in your life. Now stream it live to millions of people who get to watch you take it all in. Then add a reporter asking you about it and wanting to interview you at the worst possible moment. Pretty shitty, no?
Seanathan297 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:39 AM   #36 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

This quote is from a different thread about Geno:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCN12586 View Post
Some of the good(not elite) QBs have been drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round the past two drafts:

Russell Wilson(3rd Round)
Colin Kaepernick(2nd Round)
Andy Dalton(2nd Round)

So, just because you aren't drafted in the first round doesn't mean you won't be good in the NFL.
This speaks volumes. This is why you be a man and step up to the mic after being NOT drafted and distinguish your hopes of getting drafted day 2 and given a chance to play in the NFL. For every person who thinks nothing of it, 10 people think alot of it and if he got passed up by everybody then fart on your dream cowboy it's time to go work at the Home Depot.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:39 AM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanathan297 View Post
The difference here is Geno didn't get picked. Both of those guys got bailed out. You got a nice soundbite from Aaron and Brady after about how they will prove teams wrong. Geno didn't get that luxury. He sat through the draft and got 5 hours of embarrassment, something the NFL said it was going to curb. You honestly don't think that is going to be what he says once he gets picked?

In a perfect world, you would want him to say I'm coming back tomorrow and I am going to make every team that doesn't pick me regret it for the next 15 years. Some people are going to answer like that. Most sitting behind keyboards right now will say they would. This is a 20 something year old kid who just had his dreams crushed and someone put a mic under his nose and pleaded for an interview. Give him a second to breathe before crushing him. He us allowed to be bummed out tonight about it.

Think about the biggest disappointment you have ever had in your life. Now stream it live to millions of people who get to watch you take it all in. Then add a reporter asking you about it and wanting to interview you at the worst possible moment. Pretty shitty, no?
So basically he is only going to be a millionare instead of a multi-millionare. Man, I feel bad for the kid now.

I will be thinking about his sad situation all night when I go back to work and bust my ass for $19 an hour.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:40 AM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
This quote is from a different thread about Geno:

This speaks volumes. This is why you be a man and step up to the mic after being NOT drafted and distinguish your hopes of getting drafted day 2 and given a chance to play in the NFL. For every person who thinks nothing of it, 10 people think alot of it and if he got passed up by everybody then fart on your dream cowboy it's time to go work at the Home Depot.
He will get drafted at some point, and then we will get the chance to see how he really is. All Im saying is, he could easily be a great on the field leader and this act doesnt prove he is not a good leader, as many have stated.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:42 AM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:

In a perfect world, you would want him to say I'm coming back tomorrow and I am going to make every team that doesn't pick me regret it for the next 15 years. Some people are going to answer like that. Most sitting behind keyboards right now will say they would. This is a 20 something year old kid who just had his dreams crushed and someone put a mic under his nose and pleaded for an interview. Give him a second to breathe before crushing him. He is allowed to be bummed out tonight about it.

The point is, this is the NFL draft. They don't cut people breaks because they're "20 year old kids". They also don't pay these guys millions of dollars a year if they can't handle the pressure that comes along with being in the NFL limelight. Especially at the QB position, you don't want a self-centered guy like that.. Not saying he won't mature in the future, but that type of behavior proves to me that he clearly can't compete any time immediately & be successful.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:42 AM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:

Some people just aren't cut out for the business..

This isn't college anymore.. Everyone doesn't love you. NfL fans want men. Not boys.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:44 AM   #41 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray27Ray52 View Post
So basically he is only going to be a millionare instead of a multi-millionare. Man, I feel bad for the kid now.

I will be thinking about his sad situation all night when I go back to work and bust my ass for $19 an hour.
Dang wtf I need to switch companies... :x I'm your Geno Smith right now lul
Quote:
He will get drafted at some point, and then we will get the chance to see how he really is. All Im saying is, he could easily be a great on the field leader and this act doesnt prove he is not a good leader, as many have stated.
Maybe it does? Why is your opinion automatically right? When he is the next pork what are you going to eat your foot?
Old 04-26-2013, 12:44 AM   #42 (permalink)

I'm hoping the Chiefs will still trade Brandon Albert to Miami for their other 2nd rounder and pick up a QB....but I bet it won't happen.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:47 AM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Dang wtf I need to switch companies... :x I'm your Geno Smith right now lul
That's 9 years of putting the time in and doing what I had to do to feed my family. I started there in 2004 when my wife was pregnant with my daughter. My starting salary was $8 an hour. It sucked, but we made it work.

Geno taking his ball and going home speaks to me alot about his character. He is going to make more money than he could ever dream of regardless of where he is taken. And he doesn't have to work a day in his life. My apologies if I can't find it in my heart to feel sorry for the chump.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:49 AM   #44 (permalink)

He may not go till the 3rd. He will also probably go to a team that will pack him away for a couple years. His chance to start in the NFL this season or next is fading very fast.
BoxBreaker72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:52 AM   #45 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray27Ray52 View Post
That's 9 years of putting the time in and doing what I had to do to feed my family. I started there in 2004 when my wife was pregnant with my daughter. My starting salary was $8 an hour. It sucked, but we made it work.
Oh dang- 8 more years here and I should be above that.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:55 AM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Maybe it does? Why is your opinion automatically right? When he is the next pork what are you going to eat your foot?
He might not be a good leader, he also might be a good leader, but to say this one act defines him as a player is absurd.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:59 AM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
He might not be a good leader, he also might be a good leader, but to say this one act defines him as a player is absurd.
The NFL does take a certain amount of mental toughness and those who can't control their emotions usually don't succeed. This was his first taste of the nFL and he didn't show well.

I see him as the next Vince Young.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:59 AM   #48 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Wow, so now I see only one QB was drafted the entire first round? And he seriously got all pouty over this?
Old 04-26-2013, 01:00 AM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhendrix1303 View Post
The NFL does take a certain amount of mental toughness and those who can't control their emotions usually don't succeed. This was his first taste of the nFL and he didn't show well.

I see him as the next Vince Young.
Thats fine, I respect that, but to say he will not be a good leader because of this is crzy, there is ZERO way to know if he will be a good leader in the NFL until he plays in the NFL.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:04 AM   #50 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Me thinks there is a brick wall in this thread.