Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2013, 02:58 PM   #101 (permalink)

lol, he hasn't even been drafted, been coached in any capacity at professional level, and we are writing off his leadership skills because of his reactions during the 1st round of the NFL draft in NYC

this thread is pure comedy

This is like when everyone was trashing Bryce Harper's character and potential leadership skills on the baseball forums last year as a 19 yr old KID, because he went off on an ump during a AA or AAA game before he got called up
WalterAZ31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:00 PM   #102 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcbraun View Post
I hear what you're saying and the stories like Vince Young blowing all his money astound me also. But nothing I've ever seen or heard gives any indication that Geno Smith is a "Young Punk".

That doesn't mean he won't blow his money but like I said before, who knows?

I don't think for a moment that he's not grateful that he will be playing in the NFL. However, put yourself in his shoes for a moment. For months prior to the draft, many experts and mock drafts had him going #1 or in the top 5. Even Panini, paraded him out at the Super Bowl as the future #1 pick or 1st QB taken.Then, leading up to the draft, half the teams who needed QB's pick up guys through FA or trades. Now his pool is getting much smaller and people start turning on him. A couple of big negative articles are written about him and a couple of high profile media people start giving negative reviews of him, every time they're on TV, Jon Gruden being chief among them.

Meanwhile, his agent is still telling him all the right things because it's his job to do that.

Now the draft happens and ESPN either shows him on TV or talks about him every 3 minutes. Every time they go to a commercial or come out of a commercial, there is a promo with him in it. Why do they do this? Because it gets people talking. They did it with Aaron Rodgers. They did it with Brady Quinn. They do it all of the time because that's the nature of their business.

Now, taking all of this into account, is it a little easier to see why he was upset?
this is called blowing smoke up peoples azz...they did a good job, i for one saw through BS and know hes garbage...i would take manuel barkley over him too, and after last night, throw in nassib and tebow...
03supto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:01 PM   #103 (permalink)

Geno Smith pick #33 to the Jags.

I'm sure that none of the people on here busting Smith for his attitude would have acted that way if they were in the same situation. Nope... all smiles and thumbs up.
jusdukky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:29 PM   #104 (permalink)

The people bashing geno should be ashamed of themselves. He was embarrassed by the NFL and has every right to be upset and no need to come sit and wait for another day. He is a human and he reacted like any other human would. Grow up people.

Photobucket: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v480/lors/Football%20Cards/
lionsfan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:35 PM   #105 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03supto View Post
taking cues from Cutler, that's always the way...
straight clownin homie.
CrisCarter80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:35 PM   #106 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusdukky View Post
Geno Smith pick #33 to the Jags.

I'm sure that none of the people on here busting Smith for his attitude would have acted that way if they were in the same situation. Nope... all smiles and thumbs up.
"@RichCimini: Based on what we now know, I wouldn't be surprised if #Jets trade all the up to 33 (Jax) and pick Geno Smith there."

Old 04-26-2013, 03:41 PM   #107 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterAZ31 View Post
lol, he hasn't even been drafted, been coached in any capacity at professional level, and we are writing off his leadership skills because of his reactions during the 1st round of the NFL draft in NYC

this thread is pure comedy

This is like when everyone was trashing Bryce Harper's character and potential leadership skills on the baseball forums last year as a 19 yr old KID, because he went off on an ump during a AA or AAA game before he got called up
It's not the same at all. Quarterback isn't a position that can be compared to other sports or other positions on the Football field.

Quarterback is it's own thing. Always has been and always will be.

Some people might be "writing off" his leadership skills - but most are simply stating that they wouldn't want to use a pick on this particular QB because of the way he has handled himself both last night and in other "leadership situations" coming up to the draft.

I don't have a problem with Geno. I'm sure someone will happily take him tonight.

Last night just emphasized the fact that I don't want him quarterbacking my team. That's all.
asujbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:00 PM   #108 (permalink)

He shaved his head.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:09 PM   #109 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsfan20 View Post
The people bashing geno should be ashamed of themselves. He was embarrassed by the NFL and has every right to be upset and no need to come sit and wait for another day. He is a human and he reacted like any other human would. Grow up people.
Uh no.. He didn't act like what every human would. Any other human would have manned up considering the situation. Grow up? We are.. You and Geno are still playing in the sandbox.
dhendrix1303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:27 PM   #110 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03supto View Post
this is called blowing smoke up peoples azz...they did a good job, i for one saw through BS and know hes garbage...i would take manuel barkley over him too, and after last night, throw in nassib and tebow...

You sir are obviously the great and powerful Oz but this is a ridiculous statement.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:28 PM   #111 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhendrix1303 View Post
Uh no.. He didn't act like what every human would. Any other human would have manned up considering the situation. Grow up? We are.. You and Geno are still playing in the sandbox.
Another ridiculous statement.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:48 PM   #112 (permalink)

Quote:
superynaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:54 PM   #113 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by superynaldo View Post
Now that is very cute.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:55 PM   #114 (permalink)

Quote:
Jay Cutler makes the cry baby thing work so maybe he does have a chance.
Im used to the Cutler insults and they dont bother me, none of his teammates have ever questioned his leadership although he has a bad off field Persona, so why not Geno?

And once, I saw Tom Brady get upset during a game, and since good NFL leaders arent allowed to do that, this Brady guy must be a scrub.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:58 PM   #115 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm sure you would've been smiling both corners knowing you were just hyped up for nothing, not to mention knowing you just lost out on millions of dollars (yea everyone on here says "well he's still going to make more money then me" thats beyond the point). Hopefully for him its a check into reality that this isn't college and its the big stage.

Also I dont even think Geno Smith is that good for the fact he can't throw a deep pass on target to save his life, but it would suck to be hyped up as the #1 QB and have someone chosen over you.
AlphaNOmega06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:02 PM   #116 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaNOmega06 View Post
I'm sure you would've been smiling both corners knowing you were just hyped up for nothing, not to mention knowing you just lost out on millions of dollars (yea everyone on here says "well he's still going to make more money then me" thats beyond the point). Hopefully for him its a check into reality that this isn't college and its the big stage.

Also I dont even think Geno Smith is that good for the fact he can't throw a deep pass on target to save his life, but it would suck to be hyped up as the #1 QB and have someone chosen over you.
Oh well, such is life. If he's really good he will prove it on the field and make his money like all the top QB's. He obviously knows he's over hyped so he has to pout like a baby because he lost money. Read the scouting reports on him, Barkley and Manuel were light years ahead of this kid in the maturity department. When you look at guys like Wilson, Luck, RG3 you know how mature they are. This guy is Vince Young 2.0.
Jim's cards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:04 PM   #117 (permalink)

Quote:
Your right I don't know what I was thinking your maturity is written all over this thread.

For the record I don't even think geno is that good and my past posts in other draft threads would concur with this. He still is human and deserves respect and has acted no different then anyone else has or would in his situation.

Photobucket: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v480/lors/Football%20Cards/
lionsfan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:08 PM   #118 (permalink)

Quote:
He still is human and deserves respect and has acted no different then anyone else has or would in his situation.
Why does he deserve respect? I don't respect anyone who pouts because they didn't get what they want.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:10 PM   #119 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim's cards View Post
Oh well, such is life. If he's really good he will prove it on the field and make his money like all the top QB's. He obviously knows he's over hyped so he has to pout like a baby because he lost money. Read the scouting reports on him, Barkley and Manuel were light years ahead of this kid in the maturity department. When you look at guys like Wilson, Luck, RG3 you know how mature they are. This guy is Vince Young 2.0.
Granted his ego may have gotten the best of him, but i still feel for the kid and the embarrasment he probably felt yesterday. However i dont see him as a VY 2.0 if he goes to a team that can develop him. If i were him in this situation I'd use it as motivation to prove the Bills wrong on choosing EJ over me (sort of like marino if you saw that 30 for 30).
AlphaNOmega06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:12 PM   #120 (permalink)

This draft class of QBs have not been made more than they are! SI basically trashed Geno Before the draft..
dhendrix1303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:18 PM   #121 (permalink)

Quote:
Why does he deserve respect? I don't respect anyone who pouts because they didn't get what they want.
He didnt pout, he got embarrased, hes allowed to. People act like NFL players are superhuman, the NFL invited him to this event, everyone had his hpes up that he would be a first rounder, and he got screwed, he was upset, hes over it now, and says he will be at the draft today. Ill say it again, they are called emotions, and wether or not all of you think so, even football players have them.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:18 PM   #122 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosFAN#1 View Post
Chiefs played it right. They will get their franchise OT and a franchise QB.
This is like what the Browns did with Joe Thomas followed up by Quinn.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:19 PM   #123 (permalink)

The bottom line is the NFL Draft is the biggest moment of these guys lives to this point. Why would you potentially want to put yourself back farther into the draft by pulling a stunt like that? Like I said a few pages back on this thread, no team wants a self-absorbed quarterback. There were 2 picks left in the first round and he stomped out like a 8 year old child, refused to do a 30 second interview yet had the time to tell the reporter for ESPN that he would not be back tomorrow (today) & would be on the soonest flight home.
Not saying that this stunt will define his career, obviously he's young and has room to mature, but that stunt proves to me and a lot of coaches and GM's that he's not the type of guy that could be the leader of your team in the immediate foreseeable future.

If a guy is going to walk out of the draft just before the 1st round is over because he's "upset", then is he going to walk out on your team when times get tough?

I could honestly see him falling to the 3rd round or further.

Last edited by UK_Wildcat; 04-26-2013 at 05:21 PM.
UK_Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:23 PM   #124 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallCutler6 View Post
He didnt pout, he got embarrased, hes allowed to. People act like NFL players are superhuman, the NFL invited him to this event, everyone had his hpes up that he would be a first rounder, and he got screwed, he was upset, hes over it now, and says he will be at the draft today. Ill say it again, they are called emotions, and wether or not all of you think so, even football players have them.
He left early, refused to do an interview, and had his head down the entire time after the 6th pick. No one is saying he should be superhuman but show some dignity. You're about to become a millionaire either way and start for an NFL team. No one wants that as the face of their franchise.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:25 PM   #125 (permalink)

Quote:
He left early, refused to do an interview, and had his head down the entire time after the 6th pick. No one is saying he should be superhuman but show some dignity. You're about to become a millionaire either way and start for an NFL team. No one wants that as the face of their franchise.
So he doesnt want to kiss media arse? Oh no! The on field results will speak for themselves. He will either be a horrible player, or a great player. A horrible leader, or a Great leader. His actions in the flippin draft as a 20-24 year old is not going to define him.