Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2013, 05:29 PM   #126 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallCutler6 View Post
So he doesnt want to kiss media arse? Oh no! The on field results will speak for themselves. He will either be a horrible player, or a great player. A horrible leader, or a Great leader. His actions in the flippin draft as a 20-24 year old is not going to define him.
Dude, what are you talking about? Being willing to do interviews and be on camera is required for any NFL QB. Lol, kissing the media's arse? That's not even a legit argument.
I can only ship within the U.S. http://s1112.photobucket.com/user/YoItsWilson/library/Football-Autos%20and%20Patch%20Autos?sort=3&page=1 "Hey, I don't have any kids, but could I get an 80% off ebay price on your Luck auto for my 9 year old son's PC?" Pending:
UK_Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:34 PM   #127 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK_Wildcat View Post
Dude, what are you talking about? Being willing to do interviews and be on camera is required for any NFL QB. Lol, kissing the media's arse? That's not even a legit argument.
Yes it is. The Job is to put up results. You think back in the 20s the QBs were kiss arses? No. They were not. He wasnt required to do that interview, because he doesnt play for a team. Nobody can say it was his job to give the interview. It wasnt, he was there to enjoy the expierence of draft day, and when he wasnt drafted, went home, there is NO reason he should have to do an interview in that situation. If he wants to? Great, but does he have to? Not a chance.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:40 PM   #128 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes it is. The Job is to put up results. You think back in the 20s the QBs were kiss arses? No. They were not. He wasnt required to do that interview, because he doesnt play for a team. Nobody can say it was his job to give the interview. It wasnt, he was there to enjoy the expierence of draft day, and when he wasnt drafted, went home, there is NO reason he should have to do an interview in that situation. If he wants to? Great, but does he have to? Not a chance.
The idea that he didn't do the interview because he didn't want to be a "kiss-arse" or "brown noser" is absurd. That has nothing to do with it at all... He didn't do the interview because he was mad and stomped out, yet had enough time to verbalize that he would not be back the next day and would be on the soonest flight home. He even apologized for it today, then said he'd be back for the 2nd round..
I can only ship within the U.S. http://s1112.photobucket.com/user/YoItsWilson/library/Football-Autos%20and%20Patch%20Autos?sort=3&page=1 "Hey, I don't have any kids, but could I get an 80% off ebay price on your Luck auto for my 9 year old son's PC?" Pending:
Old 04-26-2013, 05:40 PM   #129 (permalink)

QBs in the 20s? LoL.. Like you know anything about how they were. That's a riot.
dhendrix1303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:42 PM   #130 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK_Wildcat View Post
The idea that he didn't do the interview because he didn't want to be a "kiss-arse" or "brown noser" is absurd. That has nothing to do with it at all... He didn't do the interview because he was mad and stomped out, yet had enough time to verbalize that he would not be back the next day and would be on the soonest flight home. He even apologized for it today, then said he'd be back for the 2nd round..
Im not saying he didnt do it because he didnt want to be a brown noser, Im saying there was no need for him to do it, and Im assuming the reason he apologized is because somebody told him to, not because he saw the error of his ways.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:43 PM   #131 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhendrix1303 View Post
QBs in the 20s? LoL.. Like you know anything about how they were. That's a riot.
That one went right over your head. There was no televised media that followed their every move, therefore they were judged based on the results on the field, that was the point of the statement.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:47 PM   #132 (permalink)

Quote:
Im not saying he didnt do it because he didnt want to be a brown noser, Im saying there was no need for him to do it, and Im assuming the reason he apologized is because somebody told him to, not because he saw the error of his ways.
Lol. Thanks for proving my point, he didn't even realize the mistake he made amongst the midst of his rage and disappointment. Then has to have somebody tell him what he did wrong so he can publicly apologize at an attempt to relinquish his draft dignity & thus proving how immature he is. Lol, I'm done arguing with you.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:53 PM   #133 (permalink)

Quote:
That one went right over your head. There was no televised media that followed their every move, therefore they were judged based on the results on the field, that was the point of the statement.
Print media was vicious back then. Don't act like media obligations are new.

Ryan Leaf had a severe problem with media, look where he is now.
Andrew Luck
HBMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:00 PM   #134 (permalink)

Quote:
You're in your own world bud
Old 04-26-2013, 07:01 PM   #135 (permalink)

Quote:
You're in your own world bud
Lol, yeah he is.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:12 PM   #136 (permalink)

Instant Karma's gonna get you Geno. Welcome to NY and many years of ineptitude.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:12 PM   #137 (permalink)

The Jets were the best place for him to go. Horrible starting QB and a news media that'll tear down any weak minded individual.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:15 PM   #138 (permalink)

He got what he deserved... I love it... Karma baby!!!
superynaldo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:19 PM   #139 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by superynaldo View Post
You think hes insulted to be drafted by the Jets? Yeah. right.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:21 PM   #140 (permalink)

Quote:
You think hes insulted to be drafted by the Jets? Yeah. right.
SECOND ROUND 39th pick... A far cry where he thought he would go don't you think??? I would rather have Tebow...
Old 04-26-2013, 07:25 PM   #141 (permalink)

Quote:
SECOND ROUND 39th pick... A far cry where he thought he would go don't you think??? I would rather have Tebow...
Once he got his name called I dont think he gave two damns who it was or when it happened. Ill take Smith over Tebow any day.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:25 PM   #142 (permalink)
Banned

gabrialiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:25 PM   #143 (permalink)

I love it, it's likely this kid has had to deal with very little adveristy in terms of his ego his whole life, big man on campus in HS, big man on campus in college, and the second he's dealt a blow to his over inflated ego he stomps out like a petulant spoiled child.

I have no problem with him skipping the interview. He deserves criticism for walking out early, and for the two little comments before he left. He needs to grow up, my initial impression of him is that of someone with his head stuck incredbily far up his own ass, hope for the jets sake he matures.
mrlaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:38 PM   #144 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
drafted in the 2nd round of the NFL Draft.. Bring a little of that Karma my way.. please baby!!!!!!!!!!

$$$$$
srslychris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:46 PM   #145 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by srslychris View Post
drafted in the 2nd round of the NFL Draft.. Bring a little of that Karma my way.. please baby!!!!!!!!!!

$$$$$
I meant his karma is playing for that debacle of an organization...
Old 04-26-2013, 08:05 PM   #146 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by srslychris View Post

$$$$$

yes drafted to play professional sports, getting payed probably more than all of his haters and going to sleep with hotter women than the haters wives/girlfriends. yeah poor Geno sure did get what was coming to him
duwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:37 PM   #147 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duwal View Post
yes drafted to play professional sports, getting payed probably more than all of his haters and going to sleep with hotter women than the haters wives/girlfriends. yeah poor Geno sure did get what was coming to him
Don't rub your own personal experiences onto the rest of us. Your GF in high school get stolen by a football player?
Old 04-26-2013, 08:55 PM   #148 (permalink)

Quote:
Don't rub your own personal experiences onto the rest of us. Your GF in high school get stolen by a football player?
nope, didn't have one in high school. Just admitting the truth, you know with the money and press Geno is going to get he's going to get hotter women than you or I or any of us on here could get
duwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:18 PM   #149 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duwal View Post
nope, didn't have one in high school. Just admitting the truth, you know with the money and press Geno is going to get he's going to get hotter women than you or I or any of us on here could get
Sorry.. But I married the most beautiful woman in the world. One day, you'll find one.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:46 PM   #150 (permalink)

Did any of you actually watch the draft or read my earlier posts?

He didn't stomp out of the draft early. When the Joe Andruzzi thing ran long, the other teams were still on the clock and turning their cards in. By the time Geno Smith left, there were still three picks to be announced but all cards had been turned in by that point so he knew he hadn't been selected in the first round.

The picks were then announced one by one after commercial breaks so the NFL could keep getting their advertising money.

I'm sure other players left also but if you watched ESPN, you would think Geno Smith was the only player there and the only player who left.

US Navy - Submarine Service - January 23rd 1985 - January 31st 2009
wcbraun is offline   Reply With Quote