Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2013, 11:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Geno Smith goes home

No interview.. Goes home and won't be returning for the draft. I want that leader as my QB!
dhendrix1303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:54 PM   #2 (permalink)

Nothing to do with being a leader. I understand.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:55 PM   #3 (permalink)

wait, what (happened)

(I don't have cable)

(I haven't checked the draft thread ever since I started giving my daughter a bath)
ManInTheMirror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:55 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
wait, what (happened)

(I don't have cable)

(I haven't checked the draft thread ever since I started giving my daughter a bath)
They showed him leaving after pick 30, apparently he told Suzy Kolber he's headed home and won't be back tomorrow.
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:58 PM   #5 (permalink)

Jesus, the kid is upset, this doesnt show anything about his leadership skills. Youd feel the same way if this happened to you.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:00 AM   #6 (permalink)

Not sure how this doesn't make him a leader... Do you not recall Brady Quinn and Aaron Rodgers? Someone at least picked them in the first round. The kid just sat in front of the world while being hyped by everyone around him as a top 15 talent. He spent 5 hours sitting in a green room while ESPN cameras and Suzy Kolber shot around trying to see what his reaction was after every few picks. He is obviously a little peeved and held it together a whole hell of a lot better than Brady Quinn ever did.
Seanathan297 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:00 AM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Chiefs played it right. They will get their franchise OT and a franchise QB.
BroncosFAN#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:01 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallCutler6 View Post
Jesus, the kid is upset, this doesnt show anything about his leadership skills. Youd feel the same way if this happened to you.
Uh.. How about some courage through adversity? Man up and say how excited you are for tomorrow and the chance to play in the NFL one day.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:01 AM   #9 (permalink)

He should have never been there to begin with if he was gonna get his feelings hurt.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:02 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanathan297 View Post
Not sure how this doesn't make him a leader... Do you not recall Brady Quinn and Aaron Rodgers? Someone at least picked them in the first round. The kid just sat in front of the world while being hyped by everyone around him as a top 15 talent. He spent 5 hours sitting in a green room while ESPN cameras and Suzy Kolber shot around trying to see what his reaction was after every few picks. He is obviously a little peeved and held it together a whole hell of a lot better than Brady Quinn ever did.
He was the number 1 rated QB. Not something you want NFL teams to see. So, when you don't start week 1 you're just going to pout on the sideline?
Old 04-26-2013, 12:03 AM   #11 (permalink)

I like it. Shows the guy isn't a freaking robot and has some emotion.

The NFL invited HIM to the draft. Not the other way around. And it ended up being embarrassing for him. Being shown every 2 minutes "Wow another let down for Geno Smith lets swing over to the green room to see how ****y we can make him feel!"
thestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:03 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhendrix1303 View Post
Uh.. How about some courage through adversity? Man up and say how excited you are for tomorrow and the chance to play in the NFL one day.
He is excited, Im sure, but hes upset, hes allowed to be, believe it or not, football players are humans too, they have emotions just like everyone else.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:04 AM   #13 (permalink)

I hate how everyone expects athletes to be so politically correct and "perfect". That expectation is the reason post-game press conferences are the same crap over and over again...boring. These are human beings!
thestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:05 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestyle View Post
I hate how everyone expects athletes to be so politically correct and "perfect". That expectation is the reason post-game press conferences are the same crap over and over again...boring. These are human beings!
Again why Cutler is my favorite player, he simply doesnt give a Sh*t and doesnt care who likes him or not.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:06 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ediii33 View Post
He should have never been there to begin with if he was gonna get his feelings hurt.
Kinda agree, the draft isn't written in stone so he had to know anything could happen.
dfr52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:06 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
He is excited, Im sure, but hes upset, hes allowed to be, believe it or not, football players are humans too, they have emotions just like everyone else.
Believe it or not.. NFL owners and GMs look at them like a business. Emotions like he showed isn't promising for a future starting QB. If you can't understand that, then you don't know how the business works.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:06 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
QFMFT

If he is going to get all Nancy already...
Old 04-26-2013, 12:08 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ediii33 View Post
As thestyle said, they invited him, talked him up all week and talked about how he was a sure fire first rounder, got his hopes up, then showed him 800 times on tv when he didnt get drafted, and he, being a human, was sad that he wasnt drafted after being invited by the nfl. Hes allowed to show emotion.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:08 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanathan297 View Post

yeah I remember with how long Aaron Rodgers was sitting there waiting to be draft even Chris Berman made the comment about someone having to go to him and make him leave the room instead of sitting there waiting
duwal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:09 AM   #20 (permalink)

I think it was a punk move, and if I was a GM who had an early 2nd round pick tomorrow I would immediately remove him from my draft board.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:10 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Believe it or not.. NFL owners and GMs look at them like a business. Emotions like he showed isn't promising for a future starting QB. If you can't understand that, then you don't know how the business works.
People are people, they WILL show emotion regardless of wether the GMs want them to, thats the way it works, they are still people same as you and me. If you can't understand that, then you don't know how people work.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:10 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
He was the number 1 rated QB. Not something you want NFL teams to see. So, when you don't start week 1 you're just going to pout on the sideline?
Bullish that it isn't. Quinn and Rodgers clearly got drafted and NFL teams obviously had no problem with it. Quinn was nearly in tears and Goodell had to snap him up and bring him to his private room with his family to end the suffering. It's pretty damn cruel to parade the guy out as a top 5 pick and then throw a camera in his face every 2 selections when he isn't.

You can throw on the tough guy facade and say you would do it differently in his situation, but we are talking about a 21 year old kid. He is going to have that chip on his shoulder and strive to get better. It's the end of a very long, frustrating day for Geno. I would much rather see him get upset about it and use it as motivation for when he does get picked tomorrow and gets to a team. It's going to light a fire under him and we caught the tail end of the biggest let down he has most likely ever had.

Last edited by Seanathan297; 04-26-2013 at 12:14 AM.
Seanathan297 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:11 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
As thestyle said, they invited him, talked him up all week and talked about how he was a sure fire first rounder, got his hopes up, then showed him 800 times on tv when he didnt get drafted, and he, being a human, was sad that he wasnt drafted after being invited by the nfl. Hes allowed to show emotion.
Tears In Heaven, huh? This is nothing to write an episode of Seventh Heaven around. This is football...this kid going to be crying and asking for momma on national TV when someone lays his ass out?
Quote:
People are people, they WILL show emotion regardless of wether the GMs want them to, thats the way it works, they are still people same as you and me. If you can't understand that, then you don't know how people work.
You are missing the entire point. Maybe it's your age.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:12 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:

yet there was another QB not that long ago that got even more pouty about a team possibly drafting him and him refusing to play for them. Instead they were forced to trade him and he got his way. Because of his whining at draft day he is now a two time Super Bowl champion
duwal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:14 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duwal View Post
yet there was another QB not that long ago that got even more pouty about a team possibly drafting him and him refusing to play for them. Instead they were forced to trade him and he got his way. Because of his whining at draft day he is now a two time Super Bowl champion
When you have those genes in your family.. I think it's destiny.

The last baby, Brady Quinn, got his way and really stunk up the league.