Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

View Poll Results: ?
EJ Manuel 34 44.16%
Tarvaris Jackson 6 7.79%
Kevin Kolb 37 48.05%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2013, 08:18 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Manuel, Kolb or Jackson?

Who do you think will do best in preseason and win the job?
ManInTheMirror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
Boo

Manuel is a moron apparently and it will take a while for him to learn the offense. Give me Kolb. Doesn't matter though, the Bills will suck.

http://s1058.photobucket.com/albums/t403/klay22/
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
Manuel is a moron apparently and it will take a while for him to learn the offense. Give me Kolb. Doesn't matter though, the Bills will suck.
Where did this apparently come from?
Old 04-30-2013, 09:40 AM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

Quote:
This is the exact opposite of what everyone out there has been reporting.
asujbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:06 AM   #5 (permalink)

I'd say Manuel, they wouldn't have picked him #16 overall if they didn't want to start him.
ajscards101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by asujbl View Post
This is the exact opposite of what everyone out there has been reporting.
I should have said "he lacks football smarts". I heard a million times about his bad decision making abilities on the field. He's not very accurate either (too many INTs).

http://s1058.photobucket.com/albums/t403/klay22/
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:20 PM   #7 (permalink)

I think the point of the Bills drafting speed WRs is to get them the ball on short passes and let them create and then let the running game do work. My guess is they are going to try and run an offense similar to what the Redskins ran last season.
indyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:57 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Link to this? EVERY report, interview, or video I've watched on him has featured as an intelligent QB and a legitimate guy. As for your remark about accuracy, I believe he had the best accuracy out of all QBs at the combine.

That being said, throw Tavaris out of the equation. He's not starting...PERIOD. We're now down to EJ Manuel and Kevin Kolb.

For starters, Kolb gets injured very often, and I can't remember the last time he's played a full season. Go back until 2009, and you'll discover that EVERY QB drafted in the first round (except for Locker) has won the starting job.

Coaches nowadays are in a rush to put these rookies on the field, and they're looking for mobile, young talent as well. EJ Manuel will start Week 1, and he will have a great system with CJ Spiller, Stevie Johnson, and Robert Woods accompanying him.
lagalaxyfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:02 PM   #9 (permalink)

I don't think Manuel starts week one, he's to raw. Timmy H agrees.

After studying Bills first-round pick E.J. Manuel's Florida State tape, ESPN's Tim Hasselbeck came away questioning Buffalo's pick and Manuel's ability to play anytime soon in the NFL.
Hasselbeck acknowledged Manuel has "all kinds of ability," but says he is maddeningly inconsistent. "For a guy that played a lot of football at Florida State ... the inconsistency in his game and head-scratching decisions was really hard for me to swallow when I was evaluating him," said Hasselbeck. "I was very surprised he went as early as he did. Ton of ability, ton of talent, ton of potential. But he's far from a finished product." Apr 30 - 5:52 PM via rotoworld
Old 04-30-2013, 08:05 PM   #10 (permalink)

Manuel is the future at some point, and that might as well be now. They didn't draft him in the first round if he wasn't their QB of the future.

Unless you think you'll 'ruin' him by starting him early, play him from week #1.
MasterPattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:47 PM   #11 (permalink)

If Jackson wins the job then Buffalo is in more trouble than I ever imagined.
trixstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:01 PM   #12 (permalink)

Kolb should start the season. As an FSU fan, I have seen a lot of Manuel; he's not ready to start the season. He should only play if the Bills are out of playoff contention in mid-November, and he shows that he has made progress from the summer up to that point. E.J. Manuel is not the quarterback of the Browns. He is not the quarterback of the Colts. He is the quarterback of the Bills. The Bills should make a "Bills decision" over him, and not a decision that involves what is en vogue. Not doing so will just ruin him. I know he was drafted in the first round. I know he's not a baby. But the Bills should play this thing wisely. It is time for the Bills to learn some wisdom without having to learn it the hard way. Besides, they are the only NFL team to not have made the playoffs this millenium.
starfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:15 PM   #13 (permalink)

EJ nuff said
BrandonSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:47 AM   #14 (permalink)

Manuel. Why? KOLB SUCKS
RandysHobby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:24 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagalaxyfan23 View Post
Link to this? EVERY report, interview, or video I've watched on him has featured as an intelligent QB and a legitimate guy. As for your remark about accuracy, I believe he had the best accuracy out of all QBs at the combine.

That being said, throw Tavaris out of the equation. He's not starting...PERIOD. We're now down to EJ Manuel and Kevin Kolb.

For starters, Kolb gets injured very often, and I can't remember the last time he's played a full season. Go back until 2009, and you'll discover that EVERY QB drafted in the first round (except for Locker) has won the starting job.

Coaches nowadays are in a rush to put these rookies on the field, and they're looking for mobile, young talent as well. EJ Manuel will start Week 1, and he will have a great system with CJ Spiller, Stevie Johnson, and Robert Woods accompanying him.
Tarvaris is ten times better than kolb. And as far as ej goes i watched him for the last 4 years as an fsu alum. He couldnt beat out christian ponder coming out of highschool as the number 1 qb recruit. He does make poor on the field decisions.. Runs when he should throw.. Throws when he should run.. He has all the physical tools and looks good on film but just seems to be one of those guys that can never put it all together. This is not to say that he wont be able to put it all together in the future.. But im not so sure buffallo is the place for him to accomplish this as they have essentially been a qb grave yard for as long as i can remember.

You know what.. I reread my post and it hit me.. Ej could end up being the next tarvaris..

Last edited by Chrisp253; 05-01-2013 at 02:28 AM.
Chrisp253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:39 AM   #16 (permalink)

Kolb will start, get a concussion by week 5 and then EJ will finish the season. I don't think he is going to be horrible, but at the same time, nothing special.