Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2013, 12:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default GIVE AWAY for *TRUE* Vikings fans!

Hey all!

So, in February I was one of the 4 winners of a super bowl contest here on blowout. My prize was a redemption code for an auto. I redeemed the code the day I got the PM and just yesterday I got the card in. Me being a Packers fan, I have no desire to keep the card, but I would like to give it to a good home.

I will take entries until Wednesday, May 1st at 5:30 pm PACIFIC/WEST COAST time.

The card is a 2012 SPx Super Scripts auto of Matt Kalil. Not #d.

Here is the criteria:

1) Tell me who your favorite, all time Viking is.

2) Tell me your favorite Vikings memory. Maybe it was a late-minute win or the honoring of a HOFer.

3) Show me a pic of your Vikings pride. Could be you watching or attending a game, or a bit of your PC (could be cards, jerseys, photos, etc.)

4) As you are a rival of mine, I need to ask: Who is your favorite Viking with a super bowl ring? Is it Favre? Jennings? Someone else? Haha!

Of course, #4 is optional I am just poking fun!

Last edited by ChicoCheese; 04-30-2013 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Addded picture of card to be given away!
ChicoCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:41 PM   #2 (permalink)

Like the contest! Can't say I'm a true Viking fan, love the niners too much. But I thought question #4 was pretty clever!

Justin Hunter Chrome Auto Needs: Super, red, gold, black. Help a guy out!
Athey49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:55 PM   #3 (permalink)

1) fav viking pf all time is adrian peterson

2) fav momory was i think 2009 when the vikes were playing the 49ers brett favre threw the game winning touchdown to greg lewis with like 4secs left in the game

3) my avatar all 3 players drafted in the 1st. Going to the super bowl!! And moment was randy moss mooning the packers fans

4)fav vikings with a ring favre and jennings.

Thanks for the contest.

Last edited by AP4MVP; 04-30-2013 at 01:04 PM.
AP4MVP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:39 PM   #4 (permalink)

1) Tell me who your favorite, all time Viking is. AHMAD RASHAD.. he played when i was 9- 15 yrs old... cant forget the Miracle Catch

2) Tell me your favorite Vikings memory. Maybe it was a late-minute win or the honoring of a HOFer. Was meeting/getting autographs of matt blair and fred mcneill when i was a kid at our youth football yr end dinner(every yr we had nfl players come speak)- still have the auto's 35 yrs later(pictured)

3) Show me a pic of your Vikings pride. Could be you watching or attending a game, or a bit of your PC (could be cards, jerseys, photos, etc.) pics below(few things i have)..majority of my viks cards are from 70s,80s, now as a dad, i focus on collecting for/with my son(his team is phins), .

4) As you are a rival of mine, I need to ask: Who is your favorite Viking with a super bowl ring? Is it Favre? Jennings? Someone else? Haha!...yea haha o-4, but hopefully get one soon. none of my favs have a ring

thanks, if im choose as winner, give the card to a kid on here who is a fan. i just wanted to rep the viks.

Last edited by roc21; 08-26-2013 at 11:42 AM.
roc21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:10 PM   #5 (permalink)

Im gona make an entry for my girlfriend, if thats okay with you, as shes just started collecting with me fairly recently but shes a huge vikings fan while im a seahawks fan.. This offseason has been fun stealing some of their key players

1. Her favorite viking is AP, but moss and culpepper are up there. Got her her first gu of moss recently and i was spoiled for a few days but whenever AP is on all i get is shushed lol

2. Ill go with my favorite memory of watching games with her last season. It isnt so much a moment as a collection of them starting with the 2nd bears game we went to her mothers who is also a big vikings fan however her step dad is a bears fan.. Interesting household eh? I dont like cutler cuz hes a primadonna and has displayed this throughout his career so there was a lot of trash talk leading up to it.. Mainly her stepdad going over the last games butt whoopin and how theyre gona do in the playoffs..... Lol. Lets just say he was pretty quiet throughout that game. Then the next couple games ending with that exciting packers game was a fun stretch and i found myself genuinely rooting for the vikings. Needless to say she cried after the 3rd packers game that eliminated them. It was a fun season though.

3. Ill try and find a pic of all the vikings stuff i got her for christmas and her daughter in the vikings sweat suit and ap jersey and striped bushy ball beenie we got her for christmas later this afternoon.

4. She would probably give ya the finger for that one. She likes favre though.. Go figure.

Last edited by Chrisp253; 04-30-2013 at 04:45 PM.
Chrisp253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:56 PM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks for all the entries!!! Keep them coming!!

Also, I forgot to mention that I am going to choosing my favorite top 10 entries and randoming them, to keep it as fair as possible. If there are less than 10 entries, then everyone has a shot!! Also, if Roc21 wins we will random again, but this time with his name removed from the random per his request.

Thanks again!

--Rob.
Old 05-01-2013, 05:13 PM   #7 (permalink)

4 hours to go. Any Vikings fans want a shot at a Matt Kalil auto?! 1st round draft pick last season!
Old 05-01-2013, 06:28 PM   #8 (permalink)

Keeping it very short and sweet to save you time
1 Blair Walsh (huge uga fan here!)
2 ap going crazy and getting 296 rushing yards in one game!
3 don't have any pics. Sorry and hope i still qualify
4 haha. I hope to change that question soon. He is what I picture it as though. Ap going crazy and Blair Walsh kicking the game winning field goal against the pats. I hate the patriots and I would love 2 of my favorite players to play a big role (edit : I wasn't alive but 1969 as the nfl champs. Haha

Thanks for the contest!

Last edited by Gbulldogs1010; 05-01-2013 at 06:30 PM.
Gbulldogs1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:36 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbulldogs1010 View Post
Keeping it very short and sweet to save you time
1 Blair Walsh (huge uga fan here!)
2 ap going crazy and getting 296 rushing yards in one game!
3 don't have any pics. Sorry and hope i still qualify
4 haha. I hope to change that question soon. He is what I picture it as though. Ap going crazy and Blair Walsh kicking the game winning field goal against the pats. I hate the patriots and I would love 2 of my favorite players to play a big role (edit : I wasn't alive but 1969 as the nfl champs. Haha

Thanks for the contest!
I mean this nicely but maybe you should have sat this one out. I see you post up in every single freebie thread.
ManInTheMirror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:40 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
I mean this nicely but maybe you should have sat this one out. I see you post up in every single freebie thread.
Stop trolling. All you ever do is be negative, just like Dan Shakespeare's custom superfractor thread. Jeez. I actually was gonna give you the mark Barron redemption I have once I recieve it from panini sine you pc him and I don't really but now no way. Jeez
And also I do nice things too. Just to people that are good to me too.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

1. Fave Vike: Randy Moss
2. Best memory: Getting John Randle's auto after a game. He fooled a couple kids into thinking that Henry Thomas was actually Randle. I stood there as people ran towards Thomas and I told Randle "I know who you are".
3. Picture: I don't have a picture of them, but each Christmas I have gotten AP's Pro Bowl jersey's from each year he's made it. I'll be getting another one this year! That, or my autographed Favre Vike's photo
4. Ex-Vike with a ring: Matt Birk. I used to work with his dad (Matt is one year younger than me). Needless to say, after Matt signed his first big contract, his dad wasn't working with me anymore.
oldgoldy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

1. Favorite Vike: ADRIAN PETERSON!!!!!

2. Best Memory: When I was younger(7-8), my dad and I GOING BEZERK after a game winning field goal for the Vikings at the end of regulation over the packers.

3. Don't have a pic, but my aunt got me a really nice Vikes sweatshirt a few years ago Christmas!

4. Favre? I still have that memory of him throwing the football across the field in New Orleans that cost us a Super Bowl chance....
twinsvikings31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:59 PM   #13 (permalink)

1) Tell me who your favorite, all time Viking is.
Adrian Peterson and Randy Moss
2) Tell me your favorite Vikings memory. Maybe it was a late-minute win or the honoring of a HOFer.
When the vikings went to the nfc champ game in 2009
3) Show me a pic of your Vikings pride. Could be you watching or attending a game, or a bit of your PC (could be cards, jerseys, photos, etc.)
all this will be below vvvvvvv
4) As you are a rival of mine, I need to ask: Who is your favorite Viking with a super bowl ring? Is it Favre? Jennings? Someone else? Haha! Favre Def lol..

thanks man

and

SKOL VIKES!!!
VikingsAllDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:17 PM   #14 (permalink)

I realize I am late but I don't care if I win the Kalil Auto I have to show my horns>

Favorite Player:
Francis Asbury Tarkenton, said he would never make it, too small to slow. Left with every major passing record.
Chad Greenway, coached against him when he played high school, class act.

Favorite Moment:
John Randall inducted into HOF. He grew up dirt poor and was told he would never play college let alone pro football. Undrafted walk-on makes the Hall!

Viking Pride:
Signed full sized helmet with John Randle, Chris Carter, Randall Cunningham and Jake Reed.

http://toddjenkins.wikispaces.com/fi...s%20helmet.jpg

Favorite player with a Ring:
Brett Favre-I grew hating him but his talent was undeniable. If Vikings player can learn to embrace him so can I.
tjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:29 PM   #15 (permalink)

1. Favorite all time viking has to be Kicker Gary Anderson

2. Favorite Viking moment, was 1998 NFC championship game when my favorite viking Gary Anderson choked and missed the game winning field goal.

3. Viking Pride???? No more Viking pride after 1998 season.

4. Favorite Viking player with ring. Of course Brett Favre
Old 05-02-2013, 03:32 AM   #16 (permalink)

Well folks, thank you ALL for the entries. I read, and appreciated every single one. Sadly, only 3 people qualified for the giveaway, because only 3 people had a picture to show me which helped validate their Viking fandom. Those 3 people were: AP4MVP, Roc21, and VikingsAllDay.

I did a random by ripping a piece of paper into 9 pieces and jumbling them up. Then I had my wife randomly pick out one piece of paper. The winner of this contest is: VikingsAllDay.

Congrats VAD. You will be PM'd shortly! I've gotta say, AP is a lot like Barry Sanders was: I loved to watch him play, but, hate when the Packers face off against him. Although I bleed green and gold, NO ONE can be a fan of football and not enjoy players like AP, RG3, etc etc.

Thanks again!

--Rob!
Old 05-02-2013, 05:20 AM   #17 (permalink)

VAD your my hero.... Card is going to Viking heaven! And very cool giveaway!!
vikingboi23 is offline   Reply With Quote