Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2013, 04:51 PM   #26 (permalink)

Let's bump this up. Let's widen the scope to voulenteers. If you are helping with the clean up please let me know. But victims and those who lost take priority.
Heroicdeck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 03:39 AM   #27 (permalink)

Hopefully the recovery is going well.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:35 PM   #28 (permalink)

Anyone over there? I know the rebuilding isn't even close to finished. It took my family a year to rebuild there home in nj. So my offer still stands
Old 06-27-2013, 08:08 PM   #29 (permalink)

I live in south okc and there is still a lot of work to do. Progress is being made but with so much damage it is taking some time. My buddies dads house was severely damaged but still standing after the tornado minus a roof. They had it leveled less than a week after the storm.
trainuser385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:55 PM   #30 (permalink)

Lets start this young man collecting. Thank you OP for starting this thread!
Attached Thumbnails
OKC and those who lost-facebook_-322703068.jpg  
trainuser385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:04 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainuser385 View Post
Lets start this young man collecting. Thank you OP for starting this thread!
His cards are shipped!
Old 07-06-2013, 08:27 PM   #32 (permalink)

Let bump this up again. Ill be bumping this until September. Hopefully we can find a couple others we can make happy.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:18 AM   #33 (permalink)

Up we gooooooo
Old 07-17-2013, 07:59 AM   #34 (permalink)

Have you thought of trying to contact a card shop in the area? They may know of some folks that lost everything or a kid that lost a favorite card or player collection. Could be a way to locate someone who could benefit?

Also, might be a local little league organization to ask if kids could use some "donations"? Just some thoughts...

Keep up the good work! Just because the news as moved on doesn't mean these people have their lives and homes back. Thanks for helping!
briscogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:28 AM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroicdeck View Post
Let bump this up again. Ill be bumping this until September. Hopefully we can find a couple others we can make happy.
I found the perfect little boy for some cards. This little boy had a nice collection of cards that are now lost. This little boy needs our prayers for recovery as he suffered significant injuries and also lost his mom in the tornado. His father was not home when the tornado hit but obviously needs our prayers as well. The dad is a UPS delivery person and he used to deliver to my LCS. He told the owner of my LCS that his son was in the hospital for over a month and he is now at the Bethany Children's Center where he will be receiving therapy so that he can walk again.

The father told my LCS that Coach Bob Stoops came to visit him at the Children's Center as did Ryan Broyles and his wife. The father said they were great and that Ryan wanted to do something special for the boy so he autographed a lot of stuff and presented him with a huge poster of him that he personally signed for him. The owner of my LCS then had the poster put in a frame with matting where there are some cards in the poster that are personally signed by Ryan. It was awesome looking and makes me proud to know that my PC player is such a great guy. The father could not stop raving how much Ryan has helped his son.

It is going to be a long road for this little boy so if we can help out in any way it would greatly be appreciated. Any cards we could gather for this little boy would help him in so many ways. This family literally lost everything including a wife/mother. This little boy is the perfect beneficiary for a package of cards. Hopefully we can get him a collection of cards that was bigger than the one he had. This little boy loved sports and is now worried he will never be able to play again. If we could brighten his day by giving him a huge collection of cards it would be great.

I would be glad to be the middle man and take receipt of the cards and deliver them to the little boy with the owner of the LCS and some others that are donating cards to him. If we can get him some cards it would really help this boy out. Please let me know if you can help in any way. I will go back by my LCS and get a pic of the frame of Ryan Broyles as it is awesome looking and wanted to share it with the board.

(I am going to start a new thread so that maybe it can reach some people who haven't read this thread so please keep bumping up the threads)

Last edited by ouatty; 07-17-2013 at 10:30 AM.
ouatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:44 AM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouatty View Post
I found the perfect little boy for some cards. This little boy had a nice collection of cards that are now lost. This little boy needs our prayers for recovery as he suffered significant injuries and also lost his mom in the tornado. His father was not home when the tornado hit but obviously needs our prayers as well. The dad is a UPS delivery person and he used to deliver to my LCS. He told the owner of my LCS that his son was in the hospital for over a month and he is now at the Bethany Children's Center where he will be receiving therapy so that he can walk again.

The father told my LCS that Coach Bob Stoops came to visit him at the Children's Center as did Ryan Broyles and his wife. The father said they were great and that Ryan wanted to do something special for the boy so he autographed a lot of stuff and presented him with a huge poster of him that he personally signed for him. The owner of my LCS then had the poster put in a frame with matting where there are some cards in the poster that are personally signed by Ryan. It was awesome looking and makes me proud to know that my PC player is such a great guy. The father could not stop raving how much Ryan has helped his son.

It is going to be a long road for this little boy so if we can help out in any way it would greatly be appreciated. Any cards we could gather for this little boy would help him in so many ways. This family literally lost everything including a wife/mother. This little boy is the perfect beneficiary for a package of cards. Hopefully we can get him a collection of cards that was bigger than the one he had. This little boy loved sports and is now worried he will never be able to play again. If we could brighten his day by giving him a huge collection of cards it would be great.

I would be glad to be the middle man and take receipt of the cards and deliver them to the little boy with the owner of the LCS and some others that are donating cards to him. If we can get him some cards it would really help this boy out. Please let me know if you can help in any way. I will go back by my LCS and get a pic of the frame of Ryan Broyles as it is awesome looking and wanted to share it with the board.

(I am going to start a new thread so that maybe it can reach some people who haven't read this thread so please keep bumping up the threads)

That's awesome! I think we would love to help the little guy out. Do you know him personally? If we sent to you will it get to him?
Old 07-17-2013, 12:08 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroicdeck View Post
That's awesome! I think we would love to help the little guy out. Do you know him personally? If we sent to you will it get to him?
I posted what I know about him on the other thread I started, but I do not know him personally. After hearing the story I wanted to help out in whatever way I could. I can guarantee you that I will make sure Jackson gets whatever is sent to him.
Old 07-17-2013, 01:33 PM   #38 (permalink)
Banned

I would also like to help and send some cards to this boy.
eliteco3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:08 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteco3 View Post
I would also like to help and send some cards to this boy.
PM was just sent to you.