Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2013, 10:02 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default OKC and those who lost

In light of yesterday's I want to give a care package of cards to someone. It will include base, patches and autos. Just a little good to those people who lost it all. I'm sorry that it happened and I know cards can't make things better. Especially to those who lost their family's. But to those who collect to distract, I hope to try and distract you, even for a moment with a nice care package.

Rules are simple. If your house was damaged and your from OkC or you suffered at all pm me and I'll get your care package together.

Please don't take advantage of this. If you experienced the tornado and you came out ok go and help your neighbor. These cards aren't meant for you.

Thank you and god bless.

Wow What a Great Response.

In the next coming weeks I will bump this thread regularly. When folks start stepping forward I will help the first one and then pm the next person in line. For example ill help member A and Freeman will donate to member B, Zacy to member C and so on and do forth. Anyone else who would like to donate please post on this thread or pm me.

Those who were affected either post here or pm me. If you wish to remain anonymous that's fine too.

I will also keep track of total care packages sent.

Thanks again!

Confirmed Donors
Myself
Freeman12406
Zacy87

Last edited by Heroicdeck; 05-21-2013 at 05:27 PM.
Heroicdeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:04 PM   #2 (permalink)

If this can be guaranteed that scummy scammers don't wrap their hands around it, I'll donate cards as well.
Swingin' for the fences, barbaric Kendrick in idle time
Kendrick Lamar
FreeMan12406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

God bless you, Heroicdeck. Thank your for being a great person and great member here.
ManInTheMirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:10 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
God bless you, Heroicdeck. Thank your for being a great person and great member here.
Thank you, MITM.

And thank you Freeman. Those of us who can give please do.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:10 PM   #5 (permalink)

This is a spectacular idea, we need more people who act with this kindness in our world. Thanks.
sportscards0513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:17 PM   #6 (permalink)

Hey bud, PM me your shipping address and I'll ship a bunch of inserts and #'d cards. I'll gladly help if I can.
Zacy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:23 PM   #7 (permalink)

I would contribute as well, great idea

one thing to consider is if someone was a victim I imagine the last thing they are thinking about so soon is the forum. Might need to give it some time

http://s775.beta.photobucket.com/user/alexladue/library/

Damn The Hard Times. Enjoy The Good Times!
addicted36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:25 PM   #8 (permalink)

I went through the 2011 tornadoes in Tuscaloosa and we didn't have power or access to the internet for a good while. Not that if we did we'd even have time for it. I think this is a great idea, but maybe you should consider auctioning the cards off and donating the funds to a relief agency there or maybe the Red Cross.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:28 PM   #9 (permalink)

That is such a great gesture, the tornadoes missed my house by about a mile. It is absolutely devastating. Our electricity came back on this morning, which was a nice relief. It is like a war zone, when I leave my neighborhood, I cant go to the intersection just south of us as it is blocked by a police barricade. I would like to help out but cant get close as police will not let any one inside the barricade. We are probably 6-8 miles away from Plaza Towers Elementary, but know quite a bit of people who lost their homes. If you cant give anything then send your prayers to those who lost loved ones and all their personal belongings.
ouatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:39 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouatty View Post
That is such a great gesture, the tornadoes missed my house by about a mile. It is absolutely devastating. Our electricity came back on this morning, which was a nice relief. It is like a war zone, when I leave my neighborhood, I cant go to the intersection just south of us as it is blocked by a police barricade. I would like to help out but cant get close as police will not let any one inside the barricade. We are probably 6-8 miles away from Plaza Towers Elementary, but know quite a bit of people who lost their homes. If you cant give anything then send your prayers to those who lost loved ones and all their personal belongings.
Good point about it taken a while before they check the forum. If you know a collector who needs it please let me know.

I will keep updating this page everyday and hopefully someone sees this thread.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Almost had a tornado here in dallas on wednesday, missed us by a city. I think i might send some stuff to you so you can add to the packages. I have a crap ton of inserts that i was gonna sell.
Brandon2598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:16 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouatty View Post
Your post put this crazy image in my head.. Its hard to take in whats spewed on the news with all the sensationalism involved anymore. Hope your area has a speedy recovery and glad you didnt lose your home! Is tornado season just starting?

Great idea op. id be down to send some stuff if/when those affected are able to make it back online.
Chrisp253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:48 PM   #13 (permalink)

Let's bump this up. I tried looking for hero stories and right now the media is focused is on the dead. I don't blame them. But for those who survived we look to try and distract you with some great freebies. If your power is back on and your see this thread please don't hesitate.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:51 PM   #14 (permalink)

I'm about 1.5 hours west of where it hit and I am sure there are some people that would appreciate a gesture like that. Hopefully a collector will step forward and take you up on the offer.
Doublexthebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:40 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamincarm View Post
I went through the 2011 tornadoes in Tuscaloosa and we didn't have power or access to the internet for a good while. Not that if we did we'd even have time for it. I think this is a great idea, but maybe you should consider auctioning the cards off and donating the funds to a relief agency there or maybe the Red Cross.
I have never dealt with a tornado, but I agree with this line of thinking to provide some more immediate relief. Whatever you choose to do, it is certainly a great cause. Much respect, my man.
Contenders Needs: Playoff Auto /99, 1/1s
CBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:53 PM   #16 (permalink)

I can't auction cards on here. Whoever, I plan on donating to a charity on pay day. So this is bumped for another day. I have set aside cards from 2012 five star, bowman sterling, and some jordan inserts for my care package. So ill bump it today and see what happens
Old 05-25-2013, 04:04 AM   #17 (permalink)

Up again. Kind of forgot this afternoon but that's ok. Moore, Ok please stand up!
Old 05-27-2013, 08:53 PM   #18 (permalink)

Uppppppp to the top! Still looking!
Old 05-27-2013, 09:04 PM   #19 (permalink)

I'll send some autos and inserts, ( no use for them anyway) just pm me shipping info thanks.
Jrue, Gordon, Evans and Davis
pham504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:37 AM   #20 (permalink)

Kind of strange to see this thread after I saw a story about a collector who lost his cards during the Joplin, MO tornado of 2011 I reached out to the reporter, Tim Stanley from Tulsa World. Here is his reply: "Sorry. Never knew his name. He was one of many we saw moving from street to street in Joplin 2 yrs ago. If I cn find out, will let u know".

Scene - Blogs - Remembering Joplin | Tulsa World

Please let me know how I can help.

Thanks
TarjetasBéisbol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:26 PM   #21 (permalink)

Joplin is only an hour away from me. After it happened me and about nine guys took the trip down there and helped with the clean up. In Tulsa it looked like a war zone. All that was left of a lot of houses were there foundations. All I am doing now is looking for some collectors in need. Or a kid or someone. I donated a little money but t wasn't much. Still looking.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:19 AM   #22 (permalink)

This was the scene from my porch when it was 1-1.5 miles due west.We met @ my house to take shelter...I live a .5 mile south of Briarwood Elementary.Luckily I only suffered debris damage and didn't lose everything like a lot of others.I'm devastated for those who did...Any members on here that did or know of someone please let me know.

Last edited by shapeshifter; 05-29-2013 at 04:24 AM.
shapeshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 01:44 AM   #23 (permalink)

Crappy weather in Arkansas but no tornado bump!
Old 05-31-2013, 10:27 AM   #24 (permalink)

The damage is heartbreaking. I went by it again yesterday and it is like nothing I have ever seen. It looks bad in pictures and on TV but what you see in person is just incredible. It will bring tears to your eyes. All of the main streets are open and you can see everything, I was able to take a good look at Briarwood Elementary and I am still amazed that there were no fatalities.

What I found amazing were all the volunteers and donations that have rolled in. All around the area in parking lots are tents set up where people are proving meals, water and living essentials - it is truly incredible. My church is one of the biggest in the area is about 2 miles south of the damage - they have had so many donations come in - in one of the church's parking lots is a massive red tent that is probably as big as a football field and it is completely full of groceries, supplies, and clothes, all from donations.

It is also pretty cool that a lot of sports people have volunteered time and money. The Thunder have been fantastic with the help they have provided as well as money. My school - OU - has opened dorms and really helped people out. 2 days ago Bob Stoops was helping move debris from houses for about 30 minutes or longer before someone finally realized who he was. He wasnt doing it to be the spotlight, but rather to lend a helping hand wherever he could. A lot of athletes at OU have been helping out as well.

Another awesome story is with the OU softball team who is playing in the College World Series. If you look in the dugout you will see a little girl with blonde hair maybe 10-12 years old, her sister was one of the children killed at Plaza Towers Elementary. The softball team has really helped this girl out and and have taken her in and have been with her through this terrible tragedy having her as a bat girl in the super regional and now in the World Series. It is awesome to see her in the dugout smiling knowing that she lost her little sister.
ouatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:18 PM   #25 (permalink)

Man that is great to hear! Always good news when the community comes together to help each other out!